Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. 17:30 - Jan 29 with 2530 viewshatch

..Ipswich Town one day

"Perhaps I ought to temper my enthusiasm then and say could we become more like Ipswich Town?"

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1611936298/

[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 17:31]
Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 17:34 - Jan 29 with 2485 viewsJ2BLUE

Tell them to give it a couple of years and we'll be aspiring to be Grimsby

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 17:42 - Jan 29 with 2440 viewsgordon

They're about to sign Giles Coke as well, so could be Elliot Hewitt, Coke and El Mizouni lining up together.
Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 17:52 - Jan 29 with 2370 viewsfarkenhell

After waxing lyrical about our illustrious past, this bit brought me back to terra firma with a thud:

"there's no reason why we can't become what they are now....a mid-table third division club..."
Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 17:59 - Jan 29 with 2345 viewsSimonds92

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 17:42 - Jan 29 by gordon

They're about to sign Giles Coke as well, so could be Elliot Hewitt, Coke and El Mizouni lining up together.

26 games in 6 years, he's definitely been treated by itfc's medical team!
Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 18:20 - Jan 29 with 2271 viewsEwan_Oozami

The Death of Burley...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 21:28 - Jan 29 with 2089 viewsParamedic

Never liked Grimsby, ever since their fans tried to run amok, must have been mid 80’s and one of them kicked me up the arse. To be fair I probably needed a kick up the arse at the time, but it didn’t get me anywhere in life.

AllalallalSunderland

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 21:36 - Jan 29 with 2059 viewschrismakin

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 18:20 - Jan 29 by Ewan_Oozami

The Death of Burley...

The day my heart sunk. God I missed Burley after that.

Such a positive manager.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 21:38 - Jan 29 with 2049 viewsPendejo

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 21:28 - Jan 29 by Paramedic

Never liked Grimsby, ever since their fans tried to run amok, must have been mid 80’s and one of them kicked me up the arse. To be fair I probably needed a kick up the arse at the time, but it didn’t get me anywhere in life.

We had a run in with Grimsby lads on the way back from a school trip to France April 82 got quite nasty but also on ferry were some Royal Marines on recall (Falklands had just kicked off) and they sorted it.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Login to get fewer ads

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 21:49 - Jan 29 with 2014 viewsParisBlue

Well, given hiring Paul Hurst as manager got us to where we are now they might be onto something...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 21:55 - Jan 29 with 2000 viewsParamedic

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 21:38 - Jan 29 by Pendejo

We had a run in with Grimsby lads on the way back from a school trip to France April 82 got quite nasty but also on ferry were some Royal Marines on recall (Falklands had just kicked off) and they sorted it.

Think it was 86. Unfortunately no commandos as back up for me. Just my mate in a parka and a pair of boxer boots!🤣

AllalallalSunderland

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 22:04 - Jan 29 with 1966 viewsSwansea_Blue

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 18:20 - Jan 29 by Ewan_Oozami

The Death of Burley...

Horrible night that was. The lancing of a boil that had started to fester. Everything had gone wrong and it all came to a head on that miserable night.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 00:47 - Jan 30 with 1836 viewsNthQldITFC

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 21:28 - Jan 29 by Paramedic

I've never really understood why people get kicked 'up' the arse. I mean, you get punched 'on' the nose, or poked 'in' the eye, but do you ever really get kicked 'up' the arse? I suppose a pair of winkle-pickers could effect that outcome given nudity or a weakened trouser gusset on the recipient.

I didn't get where I am today by getting kicked up the arse.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 06:55 - Jan 30 with 1756 viewsChondzoresk

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 00:47 - Jan 30 by NthQldITFC

I've never really understood why people get kicked 'up' the arse. I mean, you get punched 'on' the nose, or poked 'in' the eye, but do you ever really get kicked 'up' the arse? I suppose a pair of winkle-pickers could effect that outcome given nudity or a weakened trouser gusset on the recipient.

Father Ted kicked Bishop Brennan "up the arse". That was funny. So, there is a good comedy element here.
Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 09:09 - Jan 30 with 1622 viewsBramidan

Absolutely classic, made me smile reading this on a dismal morning. Thanks mate.
Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 11:19 - Jan 30 with 1512 viewssolemio

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 00:47 - Jan 30 by NthQldITFC

Do you think that considering where you are today perhaps a kick up the arse might have been a good thing in the long run?
Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 12:28 - Jan 30 with 1475 viewsParamedic

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 09:09 - Jan 30 by Bramidan

Absolutely classic, made me smile reading this on a dismal morning. Thanks mate.

Got to keep smiling!😬

AllalallalSunderland

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 12:31 - Jan 30 with 1468 viewsBluespeed225

Cup game 83’? Think Lucan had a tale regarding that one. Smaller clubs were usually more motivated.
Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 12:44 - Jan 30 with 1452 viewsElephantintheRoom

Must be a fairly recent supporter penning that. Time was when Grimsby were something of a bogey club for Town further up the league. I fondly remember Marco Holster's awesome debut at Blundeill Park.... and a somewhat surprising hat trick by Bontcho at Portman Road

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 12:48 - Jan 30 with 1435 viewsParamedic

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 12:31 - Jan 30 by Bluespeed225

Cup game 83’? Think Lucan had a tale regarding that one. Smaller clubs were usually more motivated.

No it was after a home league game, 1986 and possibly the first home game of that season. They were let out of the North Stand and then as usual for away fans then lead down Constantine Road. They then went a bit mental running about after any suspected Town fan.

AllalallalSunderland

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 12:52 - Jan 30 with 1425 viewsClareBlue

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 12:31 - Jan 30 by Bluespeed225

so now we are a smaller club why are we not more motivated?
Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 13:12 - Jan 30 with 1396 viewsNthQldITFC

Grimsby fans have a thread going asking whether Grimsby could aspire to be like. on 11:19 - Jan 30 by solemio

Do you think that considering where you are today perhaps a kick up the arse might have been a good thing in the long run?

Indubitably, several. In the long run, and with a long run up.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024