Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mourinho at Spurs 14:36 - Feb 22 with 3352 viewsitfcjoe

Seems to be going a similar route to Lambert here - just an arsehole who thinks he is untouchable

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:37 - Feb 22 with 2689 viewsKieran_Knows

I think it was pretty obvious, right from the very word go that wasn't going to work.

I wonder how much longer it is before Son and Kane leave? Must be this summer, or next at the latest.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:38 - Feb 22 with 2683 viewshype313

They've got big problems, Covid came at a horrible time for them financially with the new stadium, they thought they could start getting a return on it straight away.

Wouldn't be surprised if Kane and Son move on to ease the financial burden.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2021 14:40]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:41 - Feb 22 with 2654 viewsIllinoisblue

Both he and Lambert seem to not enjoy being a manager and the work that goes with it. Yet both quite happy to trouser huge pay cheques.

Tiresome pair of joy-sucking vultures

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:42 - Feb 22 with 2632 viewsElderGrizzly

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:38 - Feb 22 by hype313

They've got big problems, Covid came at a horrible time for them financially with the new stadium, they thought they could start getting a return on it straight away.

Story last week they said Kane had a price of £150m?

Agree with Joe though, Mourinho is very much relying on previous experience/credit with the difference he actually has won things at truly big clubs.
Mourinho at Spurs on 14:45 - Feb 22 with 2600 viewshype313

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:42 - Feb 22 by ElderGrizzly

Story last week they said Kane had a price of £150m?

Agree with Joe though, Mourinho is very much relying on previous experience/credit with the difference he actually has won things at truly big clubs.

Well he's got two chances this season, the League Cup against City (good luck with that) and the Europa League, with some big clubs in that, Milan being one of them.

Can't see him winning either, he will be gone.

Just to add, he doesn't have much credit with the Spurs fans, a few friends of mine who are Spurs fans accepted him whilst holding their noses, but it won't take much for them to turn on him.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2021 14:46]

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:47 - Feb 22 with 2577 viewsIP4_Blue

Yes although Levy will not hang about like Evans in getting rid
Mourinho at Spurs on 14:48 - Feb 22 with 2569 viewsIpswichKnight

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:41 - Feb 22 by Illinoisblue

Both he and Lambert seem to not enjoy being a manager and the work that goes with it. Yet both quite happy to trouser huge pay cheques.

I do not understand how Mourinho keeps getting good jobs, it follows the same pattern, decent first season while he works out how negative a team he can get away with, 2nd season implement the no crossing of the halfway line for 8/11 players ( except for corners ) then trouser a huge cheque when he gets the sack.
Mourinho at Spurs on 14:48 - Feb 22 with 2568 viewshomer_123

There is just the bitingly significant difference between them though Joe.

Mourinho has actually, as a manager, won and won big with many clubs.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2021 14:54]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:51 - Feb 22 with 2530 viewshype313

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:48 - Feb 22 by IpswichKnight

I do not understand how Mourinho keeps getting good jobs, it follows the same pattern, decent first season while he works out how negative a team he can get away with, 2nd season implement the no crossing of the halfway line for 8/11 players ( except for corners ) then trouser a huge cheque when he gets the sack.

If you look at his record, he was brilliant with that Porto team, and a great job getting Inter Milan to win the CL with that squad, but by lord were they dire to watch. And obviously his first stint at Chelsea at the peak of Abromovich's powers.

He has had some big failures to, Madrid wasn't great, Second Chelsea stint and Utd.

Think he's starting to become yesterdays man.

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:51 - Feb 22 with 2524 viewsitfcjoe

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:41 - Feb 22 by Illinoisblue

Yep, and just belittles fans expectations by talking them down and down.

Like you should be lucky to have a shot in certain games etc, I follow a fair few Spuds and seem to have a lot of mates who I speak to regularly who are supporters and it feels almost identical - just lowering of expectations, rubbish atmosphere, rubbish football but they aren't to blame

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:51 - Feb 22 with 2511 viewsIP4_Blue

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:48 - Feb 22 by IpswichKnight

Mourinho only has 3 seasons max at a club always has been like with him. To be fair to him he's done a good job and won wherever he has been, he did well at Man Utd and won europa league, league cup, only a couple of months ago Spurs was right up there
Mourinho at Spurs on 14:52 - Feb 22 with 2500 viewsBlueBadger

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:48 - Feb 22 by homer_123

There is just the bitingly significant difference between them though Joe.

Mourinho has actually, as a manager, won and won big with many clubs.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2021 14:54]

Yes, but Lambert played for some, once.

COME ON NOW

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:53 - Feb 22 with 2498 viewsElderGrizzly

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:45 - Feb 22 by hype313

Well he's got two chances this season, the League Cup against City (good luck with that) and the Europa League, with some big clubs in that, Milan being one of them.

Can't see him winning either, he will be gone.

Just to add, he doesn't have much credit with the Spurs fans, a few friends of mine who are Spurs fans accepted him whilst holding their noses, but it won't take much for them to turn on him.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2021 14:46]

His style of football certainly doesn't seem to align with their expectations.

There was a stage earlier this season where they were scoring for fun, but he appears to have slammed on the brakes again.

If you score first against them now, you know their Plan A has gone.
Mourinho at Spurs on 14:53 - Feb 22 with 2495 viewsIP4_Blue

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:51 - Feb 22 by hype313

If you look at his record, he was brilliant with that Porto team, and a great job getting Inter Milan to win the CL with that squad, but by lord were they dire to watch. And obviously his first stint at Chelsea at the peak of Abromovich's powers.

He has had some big failures to, Madrid wasn't great, Second Chelsea stint and Utd.

Think he won the league with Madrid didnt he?
Mourinho at Spurs on 14:53 - Feb 22 with 2495 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:37 - Feb 22 by Kieran_Knows

I think it was pretty obvious, right from the very word go that wasn't going to work.

I wonder how much longer it is before Son and Kane leave? Must be this summer, or next at the latest.

I thought so. I was surprised when they were doing well at the start of the season, as it was obvious Mourinho's dour football and Spurs were going to be a bad mix. And that's before you throw in his character flaws.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:54 - Feb 22 with 2494 viewsElderGrizzly

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:51 - Feb 22 by itfcjoe

Yep, and just belittles fans expectations by talking them down and down.

Like you should be lucky to have a shot in certain games etc, I follow a fair few Spuds and seem to have a lot of mates who I speak to regularly who are supporters and it feels almost identical - just lowering of expectations, rubbish atmosphere, rubbish football but they aren't to blame

The Spurs documentary on Amazon you almost felt sorry for him. Seemed a lonely old man
Mourinho at Spurs on 14:54 - Feb 22 with 2490 viewsitfcjoe

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:47 - Feb 22 by IP4_Blue

Yes although Levy will not hang about like Evans in getting rid

I don't know, when you see the contract Mourinho is on it was always a mega risk

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:58 - Feb 22 with 2460 viewsIP4_Blue

Mourinho at Spurs on 14:54 - Feb 22 by itfcjoe

I don't know, when you see the contract Mourinho is on it was always a mega risk

£34.8m to sack Mourinho apparently
Mourinho at Spurs on 15:01 - Feb 22 with 2422 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

He did win the league at Real (at a time when Barca were close to their prime) and in his return to Chelsea, the latter certainly wasn’t a failure even if the end was ugly. But United was certainly not great and looking the same now with Spurs

I do agree with your conclusion though, to be honest I thought he was done in this country when he left United so surprised to see him return with Spurs. Remember reading something a while back too which sounded on the money - that he’s always had that confrontational persona but no longer with the charm and mischievous side that he used to have during the Porto/Chelsea (1st time) and Inter days. Basically lost the good bits leaving just the worst bits of his personality, in terms of his public persona at least

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Mourinho at Spurs on 15:04 - Feb 22 with 2408 viewsTractorWood

Just a rich man's Mick McCarthy.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The criteria on 15:09 - Feb 22 with 2377 viewsunstableblue

Know quite a few spurs fans and been discussing their own crisis!

That West Ham result has really irked, as well illustrating the potential of Bale, who has been largely marginalised.

What most are saying is that the fit was never going to work.

If you think about the criteria for Spurs, probably number one was 'win silverware' but i'd say pretty close behind was 'success through attractive, attacking football playing on the front foot' that is the Spurs way, that is their history and their DNA.

Spurs have been treated to sensational football under Poch - but fell at the silverware hurdle.

A low % possession* (yes that word) game, sitting deep, and attacking on the break, got some initial plaudits from fans. But as soon as the results faded - the inevitable back lash came . *There were mutterings even after the 2-0 against home Arsenal derby win!! of 30% possession sticking in the throat a little. Albeit against the lesser teams they do dominate.

'Personable, fan and media savvy' has to be a criteria, Mourinho had a little PR uptick during that early success..but he's gone back into the untouchable, hideous mode, we all expect.

As for Town manager criteria - those three criteria are bang on swapping 'silverware' for promotion and championship stability and success.

Lambert failing on all accounts, despite some now evaporated promise of more attractive play..... occasional nice pass and move a few times in a game with no consistent threat in the final third - does not a criteria being met make.

If that makes any sense?!?!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Mourinho at Spurs on 15:44 - Feb 22 with 2242 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Imagine if they'd gone for Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche and they'd had the same results. I find Mourinho incredibly dull.

With the odd exception (title at Chelsea in 2015) I'm not convinced he's done anything out of the ordinary in about a decade has he?
Mourinho at Spurs on 15:48 - Feb 22 with 2218 viewsdavblue

Jose i think is done in the modern game at the top level. I don't see any of the big teams taking him on now.

His style of play means you have to be ultra clinical when you get a chance and i don't think that translates to winning the big prizes anymore.

For all of his PR about how he had changed a new style of play, it's all BS.

Son and Kane are wasted under him.
Mourinho at Spurs on 16:51 - Feb 22 with 2090 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Mourinho at Spurs on 17:27 - Feb 22 with 2014 viewschicoazul

Kane is going to Man U in the summer, 100%.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024