Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday 09:00 - Feb 23 with 5531 viewsdavblue

Was a bit unsure about spending that amount of money but have been saving quite a bit each month and done it.

Anyone on here have one and use it? Are they worth it?

Any recommendations of classes? Have to wait a couple of months for it to come now due to demand.
Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 09:33 - Feb 23 with 4739 viewshatch

Ours arrived on Saturday. Tried it for the first time yesterday and it was tough but enjoyable. Our friends have had one a year and wax lyrical about it.

As you say, had price to justify but we’ve split the cost between us and spread the payment. Lockdown has been a disaster for my weight.

Just a note that we ordered ours in late Jan and were told it would be mid April delivery then we received a message to say earlier slots available so it may be you don’t need to wait so long. I have a feeling they under promise like a Nando’s wait time.
Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 09:34 - Feb 23 with 4732 viewsTractorWood

I'm super into cycling, triathlon and running etc.

I have an indoor, direct driver trainer and did consider for a while getting a watt bike. However, I'll be cycling outdoors until November now (managed to get 100k in on Sunday) as the weather is now awesome.

Pelotons seem to have a market and most people I know of who've had one love it. My recommendation would be getting on Zwift. It's awesome.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 09:40 - Feb 23 with 4707 viewsbluelagos

Anyone else who is thinking of spending close to £2k on it, let me know and I'll be happy to shout at you down zoom for half that :-)

Whilst it is (imho) very expensive, there is clearly a market for it, especially at a time when people can't or are reluctant to go to gyms for their exercise.

And the cost is probably similar to many gym packages tbf.

Are you just on the cycling bit? They seem to have expanded to treadmill stuff from the adverts I am seeing.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

It will be really useful..... on 09:42 - Feb 23 with 4692 viewsBloots

....to hang your coats on in about 6 months time.

Expensive, but useful.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 09:44 - Feb 23 with 4681 viewshomer_123

Does it matter what anyone else thinks?

You've made the investment now - as long as you use it - don't worry what others think.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 09:45 - Feb 23 with 4671 viewsGlasgowBlue

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 09:40 - Feb 23 by bluelagos

Anyone else who is thinking of spending close to £2k on it, let me know and I'll be happy to shout at you down zoom for half that :-)

Whilst it is (imho) very expensive, there is clearly a market for it, especially at a time when people can't or are reluctant to go to gyms for their exercise.

Are you just on the cycling bit? They seem to have expanded to treadmill stuff from the adverts I am seeing.

I picked up a Reebok indoor bike for bait £400 and subscribe to Apple Fitness+ which is a tenner a month (actuary cheaper as I’ve added it to my other apple subscriptions as a package).

This seems to do exactly the same as the Peloton, plus there are plenty of non Bike related videos for treadmill etc.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 09:46 - Feb 23 with 4665 viewsbluelagos

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 09:44 - Feb 23 by homer_123

Does it matter what anyone else thinks?

You've made the investment now - as long as you use it - don't worry what others think.

Nail on head. You earn it, you save it, you spend it.

Some spend on cars, some on motorbikes, some on golf clubs...others on crack cocaine and Brazilian hookers.

Such is life.

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 09:50 - Feb 23 with 4636 viewsbluelagos

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 09:45 - Feb 23 by GlasgowBlue

I picked up a Reebok indoor bike for bait £400 and subscribe to Apple Fitness+ which is a tenner a month (actuary cheaper as I’ve added it to my other apple subscriptions as a package).

This seems to do exactly the same as the Peloton, plus there are plenty of non Bike related videos for treadmill etc.

That sounds like the Lagos school of not spending money :-)

Top of the range motorbike kit costs around £1500 for waterproof gear. For years I kept £30 walking over trousers and jacket to provide the same service. Where it fails is when it starts raining and you can't safely stop to put your gear on - then you curse being a tight wad til you get home.

Login to get fewer ads

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 09:55 - Feb 23 with 4603 viewsEwan_Oozami

Are you young, good looking, already trim and lean and never sweat when doing exercise? Then the Peloton's for you!

I'd say the Peloton bike and treadmill are ideal for people who would normally do gym stuff, on equipment and classes.

But for me personally, I use Zwift with a direct drive turbo trainer (like TW) with planned workouts (first TT in 3 weeks time hopefully) and have a smart treadmill for running - I don't like the idea of generic classes like Peloton as I'm not sure I'd benefit from them myself (not being young, trim and non-sweaty..) - people I know who have Pelotons say they're great but they were previously 3 times a week gym attenders.

Main advice I'd give is if possible make sure it's in a less-busy location in the house so you don't get distubed, get plenty of sweat absorbing stuff (eg, a mat, lots of extra towels), a decent fan and a well-stocked hydration/food table within easy reach - you'll be pumping out 400+ watts in no time!

Have to say watching ITFC on the laptop is a bit more bearable when trying to keep to the planned workout wattage output for the duration!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 10:01 - Feb 23 with 4567 viewsdavblue

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 09:40 - Feb 23 by bluelagos

Yeah just cycling, i want it for the winter months when i don't tend to head out on my bike.
Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 10:04 - Feb 23 with 4540 viewsbluelagos

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 10:01 - Feb 23 by davblue

Yeah just cycling, i want it for the winter months when i don't tend to head out on my bike.

When the roads got slippery I switched to a MTB. Not enough to save me binning it on a bend though :-( Also different positions so prob not ideal for bike fitness ref the road bike.

So now had 3 months of walking but sfa cycling. Got to decide what to do this year as I like 'em both :-)

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 10:04 - Feb 23 with 4542 viewsdavblue

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 09:33 - Feb 23 by hatch

Ours arrived on Saturday. Tried it for the first time yesterday and it was tough but enjoyable. Our friends have had one a year and wax lyrical about it.

As you say, had price to justify but we’ve split the cost between us and spread the payment. Lockdown has been a disaster for my weight.

Just a note that we ordered ours in late Jan and were told it would be mid April delivery then we received a message to say earlier slots available so it may be you don’t need to wait so long. I have a feeling they under promise like a Nando’s wait time.

i've done the same with my mrs. She likes the spin classes, i was looking at a watt bike but wanted something she would use also.

I haven't put on any weight but i've not lost any, so have those 8 weeks to lose some before the bike turns up.
Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 10:06 - Feb 23 with 4521 viewsMonkeyAlan

Waste of money. They have made a fortune out of lockdown. They wont exist in 2 years time when people have moved on.
Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 10:07 - Feb 23 with 4528 viewsWallingford_Boy

I'm a runner and close to buying a peleton treadmill, but the cost is crazy really, so in two minds.

I have a basic spin bike and just watch free classes on YouTube that do the job for me, but then I am not so much into cycling.

I will probably spend c£2k on a treadmill soon, may or may not be peleton, which loads would think is mad, but then I am on it pretty much daily as I am sure you will be on your bike. So if you are going to use it and it gives you pleasure, go for it!

RIP Sir Bobby

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 10:07 - Feb 23 with 4524 viewsdavblue

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 10:04 - Feb 23 by bluelagos

When the roads got slippery I switched to a MTB. Not enough to save me binning it on a bend though :-( Also different positions so prob not ideal for bike fitness ref the road bike.

So now had 3 months of walking but sfa cycling. Got to decide what to do this year as I like 'em both :-)

yeah i will still get out on the road bike but winter is just a no for me, too cold, feels more dangerous more gloomy also.

I can't be bothered to stick on a turbo trainer either.
Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 10:19 - Feb 23 with 4478 viewsbluelagos

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 10:07 - Feb 23 by davblue

yeah i will still get out on the road bike but winter is just a no for me, too cold, feels more dangerous more gloomy also.

I can't be bothered to stick on a turbo trainer either.

I have come to the conclusion that the biggest danger to me on the roads, is actually me.

Problem is going fast down hills / round bends is kind of fun, just not so much when you come off!

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 10:47 - Feb 23 with 4394 viewsCoachRob

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 10:19 - Feb 23 by bluelagos

I have come to the conclusion that the biggest danger to me on the roads, is actually me.

Problem is going fast down hills / round bends is kind of fun, just not so much when you come off!

Sunweb used a jersey in the Tour de France last year that claim to protect against abrasions - not sure whether it is commercially available yet though.

https://www.textileworld.com/textile-world/nonwovens-technical-textiles/2020/08/
Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 11:02 - Feb 23 with 4343 viewshomer_123

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 09:46 - Feb 23 by bluelagos

Nail on head. You earn it, you save it, you spend it.

Some spend on cars, some on motorbikes, some on golf clubs...others on crack cocaine and Brazilian hookers.

Such is life.

Those last two can sometimes not go according to plan.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1908084/Ronaldo-threatened-transvestite-prostit

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 11:08 - Feb 23 with 4327 viewsSwansea_Blue

Flash git

They look good. I do like the idea of having something permanently set up rather than faffing about with a turbo trainer.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 11:13 - Feb 23 with 4302 viewsusm

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 10:07 - Feb 23 by Wallingford_Boy

I'm a runner and close to buying a peleton treadmill, but the cost is crazy really, so in two minds.

I have a basic spin bike and just watch free classes on YouTube that do the job for me, but then I am not so much into cycling.

I will probably spend c£2k on a treadmill soon, may or may not be peleton, which loads would think is mad, but then I am on it pretty much daily as I am sure you will be on your bike. So if you are going to use it and it gives you pleasure, go for it!

Those treadmills are multi purpose - ideal for storing crates of wine on.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 11:59 - Feb 23 with 4228 viewsdavblue

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 11:08 - Feb 23 by Swansea_Blue

Flash git

They look good. I do like the idea of having something permanently set up rather than faffing about with a turbo trainer.

Yeah the debate comes with is it worth it when you can have a turbo trainer set up.

For me it was because my over half will be using it and i do want to use my bike in the summer without having to take it apart, put it back on plus having an outside bike in the house isn't exactly nice anyway.
Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 12:59 - Feb 23 with 4145 viewsbelgablue

Like with a bike, it depends on your needs. I use Zwift with a decent turbo trainer as I’m into my road cycling as well - didn’t think I needed a peleton on top of that.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 18:24 - Sep 29 with 3040 viewsCrisWalos

I understand how hard it was for you to save up such a huge amount of money so I would suggest you buy something that is really useful or even invest in something! Don't go for things like smartphones and Tvs and such, instead go for something that will truly help you out, like a ... peleton bike! Not only will it help you out with your healt but it might also become a new hobby. I know because I speak from personal experience. We all lead such a busy lifestyle that we rarely have time to hit the gym or even going out to the park for a jog. Just in case you have any problems with getting the bike into your house, then you can go to https://expomovers.com/how-to-move-a-peloton-bike/
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 17:06]
Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 18:56 - Sep 29 with 2967 viewschicoazul

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 10:07 - Feb 23 by Wallingford_Boy

Running on the pavement is free.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 19:19 - Sep 29 with 2911 viewsN2_Blue

Sorry but what runner needs a treadmill...just why?

Running for 5 minutes on a treadmill feels like an hour. Running outside is so much more enjoyable. Are you really that fair-weather!?

5 mins on a treadmill as part of a gym workout i can get, but having one at home and paying that kind of money...i will never understand it.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024