Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans 14:38 - Feb 26 with 1975 viewsSitfcB

If he’s wiping the £100mill debt!!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 14:39 - Feb 26 with 1941 viewskizaitfc

Well he wasn't going to get it back!

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 14:39 - Feb 26 with 1941 viewsKieran_Knows

only for the yanks to come in and load it up again ....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 14:43 - Feb 26 with 1859 viewsBrianTablet

Surely all he needed to do was sell Lambert to Celtic and the debt would have been wiped?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 14:44 - Feb 26 with 1849 viewsRegencyBlue

He had no choice to be honest.

He was never getting the money back following the business model in place and he obviously wasn’t going to change it. Writing it off was the only viable option.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 15:08]
If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 14:44 - Feb 26 with 1837 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I agree. First good thing he’s done for the club but I’m grateful for him for wiping the 100m off (not that he had any way of getting it back).

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 14:46 - Feb 26 with 1809 viewsSpruceMoose

If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 14:44 - Feb 26 by The_Romford_Blue

I agree. First good thing he’s done for the club but I’m grateful for him for wiping the 100m off (not that he had any way of getting it back).

It's not the first good thing he's done for us. Much like with MM, it is definitely time for Evans to move on now though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 14:47 - Feb 26 with 1768 viewsPhilTWTD

That was always expected to happen.
If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 14:53 - Feb 26 with 1661 viewsSWGF

They wouldn't be queueing round the block if he wasn't

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 15:02 - Feb 26 with 1567 viewsdavblue

If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 14:46 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

It's not the first good thing he's done for us. Much like with MM, it is definitely time for Evans to move on now though.

The club needs to be run 24/7 not someone who can't afford to give it that time, if he's not prepared to appoint people to run it.

If after 13 years he hasn't done it, it was never going to work out here.

I'm nervous and excited. Evans has run the club into the ground really, but he's also a stable owner and not a loon, but he's also run the club so badly, I'm cautiously happy he's appears to be going.

The new owners, is very much lets wait and see, promising that they have a background in sport but the lower leagues of American soccer is very different to the Football league over here.
If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 15:04 - Feb 26 with 1512 viewstextbackup

he'll have a clause in there, no doubt about it. so if we go up to the prem in 5 years say, he'll get a chunk

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 15:05 - Feb 26 with 1485 viewsSteve_M

How much do you think he might have got back otherwise?

The Norwich Union debt can't be sold for more than he bought it for anyway (think that was £8m against £32m).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 15:06 - Feb 26 with 1472 viewsjayessess

Marcus Evans has been rubbish at running Ipswich Town Football Club, but if it turns out in the end that he kept the club solvent for a decade, wrote off the debt, then sold us on to a responsible owner, then I'll be grateful for that.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 15:43]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 15:08 - Feb 26 with 1444 viewsElderGrizzly

If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 14:39 - Feb 26 by Kieran_Knows

only for the yanks to come in and load it up again ....

Always so negative ;)
If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 15:10 - Feb 26 with 1406 viewslowhouseblue

that money had ceased to exist other than as a line in the accounts a long time ago.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 15:11 - Feb 26 with 1389 viewsHighgateBlue

If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 14:47 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

That was always expected to happen.

By you, by me, yes, but not by those who have always mistrusted him and who assume that everything he does is shady and dodgy. And there are plenty of these people.
If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 15:11 - Feb 26 with 1385 viewsElderGrizzly

If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 15:10 - Feb 26 by lowhouseblue

that money had ceased to exist other than as a line in the accounts a long time ago.

Indeed. I'm sure he'll get something back if we went to the PL, but it was always going to be written off for any takeover.

We just have to hope the new owner doesn't "do a Burnley"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/02/burnley-us-takeover-has-left-cl
If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 15:13 - Feb 26 with 1369 viewsHighgateBlue

If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 14:44 - Feb 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Maybe putting tens of millions of pounds in in the first place was the first good thing, eh? he's kept the club in the football league with his money, no doubt about it. There's more to life than money - Sir Bobby's contribution was worth more than billons - but contributing tens of millions to ITFC is a huge thing he's done for this club and this Town, and that should be recognised for a moment.
If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 15:18 - Feb 26 with 1329 viewsSwansea_Blue

If it’s true can I be the first to say fair f’king play to Evans on 14:43 - Feb 26 by BrianTablet

Surely all he needed to do was sell Lambert to Celtic and the debt would have been wiped?

Start a bidding war. I wonder if there are any other large clubs in Europe that may be interested? Does any know if Lambert played for anyone else, as i've not heard it mentioned?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024