Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just having a little look at the league table 08:55 - Mar 3 with 1493 viewshomer_123

2nd place is still possible.

I'm of the opinion that we 'should' get in the play-offs after this last run of results, contrary to Guthers table last night.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Just having a little look at the league table on 08:59 - Mar 3 with 1443 viewsvilanovablue

We are at least in the mix again after going in the wrong direction for what feels like months.
Just having a little look at the league table on 09:00 - Mar 3 with 1427 viewsTieDyedIn95

We can still win League One. As silly as that seems it is still possible. We could on paper beat every team we have left to play however I am sticking with my pre-season guess of 7th. Two or three players will get themselves injured or suspended before the season ends. That's how it works here.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Just having a little look at the league table on 09:00 - Mar 3 with 1425 viewstonybied

Comfortably in the to six will see me more than happy!

I think top two is just a little too far for us now. I know there's still quite a few games to play but there's too many teams above us that we have to hope start faltering. I think at least a couple of them will match/better our form in the remaining games.
Just having a little look at the league table on 09:00 - Mar 3 with 1420 viewsMookamoo

3rd place and defeat to Portsmouth in the playoff semifinal?
Just having a little look at the league table on 09:01 - Mar 3 with 1412 viewsSteve_M

Guthers' table still takes account of our form all the way back to 1 December though.

I did think a week or two back that if we could have a month like January 2020 it would drag us right back into contention. We're heading that way, just need to build on it now and not fall away like we did in February last year.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Just having a little look at the league table on 09:02 - Mar 3 with 1377 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sunderland look the biggest obstacle to us finishing second. They are on a slightly better run than us. Hull have picked up a bit of form since we beat them but we have those three games in hand in them. I can’t see Posh imploding anytime soon.

There is certainly enough points to play for in order to finish top 2.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just having a little look at the league table on 09:13 - Mar 3 with 1310 viewshomer_123

Just having a little look at the league table on 09:00 - Mar 3 by Mookamoo

3rd place and defeat to Portsmouth in the playoff semifinal?

And a good morning to you too Mooka! ;)

Just having a little look at the league table on 09:15 - Mar 3 with 1287 viewsKieran_Knows

If you're not aboard the top 2 train, please get off at the next station.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Just having a little look at the league table on 09:16 - Mar 3 with 1269 viewsdirtyboy

You just look at those games coming up and no team is way ahead of any other in respect of form, I can see draws, wins and losses, no consistency and it all coming down to the last game to make it into 6th place.

But, there's no reason why we couldn't go on an unbeaten run, none whatsoever, but i've not seen evidence enough (yet) to suggest that.
Just having a little look at the league table on 09:18 - Mar 3 with 1223 viewsBent_double

No way I'm even contemplating top 2 right now, but top 6 definitely possible - as long as we don't lose to Lincoln and Portsmouth.

The league is wide open though, I don't see Posh winning the league, Hull are hit and miss, Lincoln currently on a bad run. Sunderland starting to look good, as are we, hopefully.

Some of the current top 6 will lose key players to injury in the run-in, whereas we should have enough quality in our bloated squad to carry on getting results.

It's ten more wins for me, and maybe a couple of draws, should be more than enough for the POs.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Just having a little look at the league table on 09:19 - Mar 3 with 1220 viewsitfctilidie

top two is definitely a possibility. If we continue this run we are right back i the mix
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 9:19]
Just having a little look at the league table on 09:20 - Mar 3 with 1198 viewsDanTheMan

Would need one hell of a run and some drop in form from others but it is possible.

Top 6 though, I am optimistic about.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Just having a little look at the league table on 09:21 - Mar 3 with 1178 viewsWallingford_Boy

No, its possible sure, but VERY unlikely.

We are hardly ripping up the league at the moment, scraping wins against sides out of form. We have some tough games coming up where we are bound to drop points, possibly to rivals.

Peterborough and Sunderland look good at the moment, Doncaster are very strong and have the games in hand, I can't see us finishing above those three.

Play offs it is for me.... my nerves won't stand it!

RIP Sir Bobby

Just having a little look at the league table on 09:27 - Mar 3 with 1125 viewsCoastalblue

In a season of change, as it's turning out to be then maybe we're going to lose that label as one of very few sides not to play at the new Wembley?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Just having a little look at the league table on 09:39 - Mar 3 with 1084 viewsFixed_It

I think we can be encouraged by the way Peterborough have surged up the table since we played them. Bar one or two tricky ones, our run-in should make a similar run possible for us. I guess it's still unlikely, but...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Just having a little look at the league table on 09:39 - Mar 3 with 1084 viewsBangor31

its a crazy situation to be in; on a decent run, decent enough squad, new manager that knows how to get promoted.

Posh have to play 6 top 6 games which can only be a good and they also play Charlton and Stanley.

we have 2 top 6 games with Charlton and Plymouth rounding off our top half matches remaining. So we have 10 bottom half of the table matches with 5 being in the bottom 5.

yet being Ipswich we know we have the choke ability to some how not get into the top 6.
Just having a little look at the league table on 09:43 - Mar 3 with 1046 viewsPinewoodblue

Just having a little look at the league table on 09:21 - Mar 3 by Wallingford_Boy

No, its possible sure, but VERY unlikely.

We are hardly ripping up the league at the moment, scraping wins against sides out of form. We have some tough games coming up where we are bound to drop points, possibly to rivals.

Peterborough and Sunderland look good at the moment, Doncaster are very strong and have the games in hand, I can't see us finishing above those three.

Play offs it is for me.... my nerves won't stand it!

We need to forget about other teams performance as we can’t do anything about it.

Looking back over recent games we are averaging 2pts a game. Keep that up we end the season with over 80pts. Might be enough for automatic, might not, bu it puts us in good form for play offs.

Let’s just enjoy it one game at a time.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

A rough calculated final table on 09:48 - Mar 3 with 1029 viewsGuthrum

Just having a little look at the league table on 09:01 - Mar 3 by Steve_M

Guthers' table still takes account of our form all the way back to 1 December though.

I did think a week or two back that if we could have a month like January 2020 it would drag us right back into contention. We're heading that way, just need to build on it now and not fall away like we did in February last year.

based on everyone's GDpg and ppg over the last six matches looks something like this:

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

A rough calculated final table on 09:54 - Mar 3 with 996 viewsPinewoodblue

A rough calculated final table on 09:48 - Mar 3 by Guthrum

based on everyone's GDpg and ppg over the last six matches looks something like this:

The most amazing part of that is Button missing the play offs by just 1 point.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

A rough calculated final table on 09:55 - Mar 3 with 982 viewsGuthrum

A rough calculated final table on 09:54 - Mar 3 by Pinewoodblue

The most amazing part of that is Button missing the play offs by just 1 point.

They're on one heck of a run at the moment, dropped just three points in the last 6 games, 2nd in the form table behind Posh.

A rough calculated final table on 09:57 - Mar 3 with 966 viewshomer_123

A rough calculated final table on 09:55 - Mar 3 by Guthrum

They're on one heck of a run at the moment, dropped just three points in the last 6 games, 2nd in the form table behind Posh.

Our next opponents are not on a bad run either.

A rough calculated final table on 10:14 - Mar 3 with 917 viewsGuthrum

A rough calculated final table on 09:57 - Mar 3 by homer_123

Our next opponents are not on a bad run either.

About the same as us, one fewer draw in the last six. Will be a stiff test of our current progress.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024