Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. 06:40 - Mar 15 with 6117 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56397157

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 18:33 - Mar 15 with 594 viewsGlasgowBlue

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 17:50 - Mar 15 by jontysnut

https://www.isth.org/news/556057

Statement from the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostatsis - keep taking the medicine

Macron said today France would be suspending AZ until tomorrow, pending further clarity from the EMA. But the EMA has just released a statement reiterating that the benefits outweigh risks.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:04 - Mar 15 with 589 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 07:53 - Mar 15 by StokieBlue

I honestly don't know, although I would say there can be few negatives from a nice walk in any situation.

As you say, the risk looks very low if it even exists:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56397592

"The EMA said that, as of 10 March, there were just 30 reports of clots among almost five million people given the vaccine across Europe."

That's 0.0006%.

For comparison the odds of being struck by lightening are 0.0002%.

SB

Do you know what the odds were on that particular batch that generated a lot of concern?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:10 - Mar 15 with 577 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 14:27 - Mar 15 by Churchman

Side effects clearly vary but who cares, it’s better than Covid! Had mine Saturday felt a bit like I’d had a beer too many yesterday but not too bad. Back to normal today including 9 mile walk this morning. My walking buddy: apart from a sore arm no side effects whatsoever. My misses: felt rubbish for a day and it took her a couple of days to feel normal. Bit luck of the draw from what I’ve heard.

People keep going with this 'better than covid' line but the truth of the matter is that tens of thousands have had it without knowing!

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:12 - Mar 15 with 573 viewsjeera

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:10 - Mar 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

People keep going with this 'better than covid' line but the truth of the matter is that tens of thousands have had it without knowing!

Over 120 thousand here have died.

Plenty of others are still reporting effects months later.

What's your point this time?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:17 - Mar 15 with 568 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 16:09 - Mar 15 by StokieBlue

Very sorry to hear of your loss, that's awful.

There was an article today around the general instance of blood clots in the population in a general year which explains a lot around the numbers:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/15/evidence-oxford-vaccine-bl

SB

Well yes but the implication here is that this example would not be considered as possibly related to the vaccine unless I have misunderstood.

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:23 - Mar 15 with 549 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:12 - Mar 15 by jeera

Over 120 thousand here have died.

Plenty of others are still reporting effects months later.

What's your point this time?

That in no way counters my basic point that God knows how many people here and globally have had the virus asympomatically so having the vaccine is not necessarily better than having Covid.

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:29 - Mar 15 with 536 viewsAce_High1

Thats fine we will have all the unused stock and get everyone in the UK done (both doses) by July.
And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:30 - Mar 15 with 536 viewsblue62

Oh, had my dose of the AZ one today..... wonder what’s going to fall off?
Login to get fewer ads

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:40 - Mar 15 with 522 viewsgiant_stow

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:23 - Mar 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

That in no way counters my basic point that God knows how many people here and globally have had the virus asympomatically so having the vaccine is not necessarily better than having Covid.

That's just not true.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 19:41]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:40 - Mar 15 with 522 viewsbluelagos

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:23 - Mar 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Some basic maths Baankster.

We think around 10% of Brits have had Cv. So 6m people and 125k dead.

We know 25m have had a vaccination. There are possibly a few deaths, arguably none at all given some people die of dvt normally.

The differences are so great, that you simply cant credibly claim the dangers of the vaccine are anywhere close to the dangers of CV.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:48 - Mar 15 with 505 viewsFunge

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:40 - Mar 15 by bluelagos

We know 25m have had a vaccination. There are possibly a few deaths, arguably none at all given some people die of dvt normally.

The differences are so great, that you simply cant credibly claim the dangers of the vaccine are anywhere close to the dangers of CV.

... which is, simply, why I get so fed up with BDS' postings on this matter.

I want this fcking pandemic over, as soon as possible.

The benefits of the vaccine far outweigh the negatives; it really is that simple. It's not even worthy of a cost-benefit analysis.

We're significantly ahead of most of the rest of the world in terms of getting everyone vaccinated; it's pretty much the only thing this government have got right. If I was in France at the moment, I'd be screwing over how the French government were handling this.
And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:55 - Mar 15 with 490 viewsZXBlue

That makes no sense at all.
And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:57 - Mar 15 with 487 viewsbluelagos

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:48 - Mar 15 by Funge

... which is, simply, why I get so fed up with BDS' postings on this matter.

I want this fcking pandemic over, as soon as possible.

The benefits of the vaccine far outweigh the negatives; it really is that simple. It's not even worthy of a cost-benefit analysis.

We're significantly ahead of most of the rest of the world in terms of getting everyone vaccinated; it's pretty much the only thing this government have got right. If I was in France at the moment, I'd be screwing over how the French government were handling this.

Unlike some on here, I dont believe Bansker is trolling or looking to share conspiracies. I think he is genuinely unsure and/or concerned out how it works. He has indeed taken the jab tòo.

I have 2 good friends who are refusniks. They are not conspiracy theorists, rather scared of the vaccine. Not everyone is scientific or good with numbers. But their concerns are still valid.

And when we have governments stopping giving a vaccine, even if temporarily, any concerns will be raised.

Your last point, amen to that. What a sh1tty thing the whole cv is. Am struggling to see the positives atm, even though i know there are some. Sooner we get back to normal....please.

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 20:03 - Mar 15 with 473 viewsFunge

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:57 - Mar 15 by bluelagos

Unlike some on here, I dont believe Bansker is trolling or looking to share conspiracies. I think he is genuinely unsure and/or concerned out how it works. He has indeed taken the jab tòo.

I have 2 good friends who are refusniks. They are not conspiracy theorists, rather scared of the vaccine. Not everyone is scientific or good with numbers. But their concerns are still valid.

And when we have governments stopping giving a vaccine, even if temporarily, any concerns will be raised.

Your last point, amen to that. What a sh1tty thing the whole cv is. Am struggling to see the positives atm, even though i know there are some. Sooner we get back to normal....please.

I can understand people having concerns.

Where I struggle is putting that in context after the worst, hardest, loneliest 12 months that the human species, as a whole, has ever experienced.

I concede that I am not in the same demographic as BDS; perhaps I'm being a little blinkered.
And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 20:08 - Mar 15 with 466 viewsbluelagos

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 20:03 - Mar 15 by Funge

I can understand people having concerns.

Where I struggle is putting that in context after the worst, hardest, loneliest 12 months that the human species, as a whole, has ever experienced.

I concede that I am not in the same demographic as BDS; perhaps I'm being a little blinkered.

You wont be the first poster to be getting uppity with another atm. I had attracted or should I say upset a few myself this week :-)

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 20:27 - Mar 15 with 448 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:40 - Mar 15 by bluelagos

I fully concur and have no issue with that. However as someone who has every word on this examined for what I have said/might be saying/really meant my point is a very simple one.
If you have the vaccine and your only side effect is a sore arm then that is worse than the same person having Covid asymptomatically. I only make this point because people repeatedly push the case for vaccines as if the only possible alternative is death. There is enough of a fear psychology around this pandemic as it is without adding to it with this vaccine or death by covid binary narrative. I have ignored it again and again but had enough of it today having witnessed one too many client today almost paralysed by fear.

Edit...to add "the same person"
Edit2...I even fully accept that the point I am making could be considered pedantic, it is definitely not some sort of antivax point...it is simply about trying to bring some balance to polarised extremes strangely enough!
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 21:35]

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 20:36 - Mar 15 with 437 viewsjeera

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 20:27 - Mar 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

I fully concur and have no issue with that. However as someone who has every word on this examined for what I have said/might be saying/really meant my point is a very simple one.
If you have the vaccine and your only side effect is a sore arm then that is worse than the same person having Covid asymptomatically. I only make this point because people repeatedly push the case for vaccines as if the only possible alternative is death. There is enough of a fear psychology around this pandemic as it is without adding to it with this vaccine or death by covid binary narrative. I have ignored it again and again but had enough of it today having witnessed one too many client today almost paralysed by fear.

Edit...to add "the same person"
Edit2...I even fully accept that the point I am making could be considered pedantic, it is definitely not some sort of antivax point...it is simply about trying to bring some balance to polarised extremes strangely enough!
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 21:35]

"I only make this point because people repeatedly push the case for vaccines as if the only possible alternative is death."

I think the point is repeatedly made that it may not be one's own death that can occur by people refusing to take up the offer of a vaccination.

It's that which makes it more important.

If someone wishes to dice with their own life, that's up to them.

I don't want needles stuck in me, heck knows I've had enough of that in recent years and am sick of being pulled about. To the point I'm anxious every time I see a NHS letter drop on my mat.

But I want this vaccine because I care about other people too.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 20:36]

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 20:38 - Mar 15 with 430 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 20:36 - Mar 15 by jeera

"I only make this point because people repeatedly push the case for vaccines as if the only possible alternative is death."

I think the point is repeatedly made that it may not be one's own death that can occur by people refusing to take up the offer of a vaccination.

It's that which makes it more important.

If someone wishes to dice with their own life, that's up to them.

I don't want needles stuck in me, heck knows I've had enough of that in recent years and am sick of being pulled about. To the point I'm anxious every time I see a NHS letter drop on my mat.

But I want this vaccine because I care about other people too.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 20:36]

Your point here is pretty much why I have had it but again does not change the veracity of my earlier comment.

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 20:43 - Mar 15 with 420 viewsjeera

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 20:38 - Mar 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Your point here is pretty much why I have had it but again does not change the veracity of my earlier comment.

Which one? You've made so many.

I disagree with this too: "consistently unchallenged".

It hasn't been unchallenged though has it? It has been reviewed by people who have spent their lives studying, researching...

Each time you get into a car, aircraft, eat food you have bought, anything that is outside of your own making you are trusting someone else you've never met.

I don't blame you if you are anxious, but I do wish you would come clean if that were the case though, otherwise it does feel you're pushing an agenda, which is a shame because you come across as a nice guy in general.

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 21:03 - Mar 15 with 392 viewsChurchman

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 19:10 - Mar 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

I’m sure they have, but the numbers that have died across the world, the published figures of which are an underestimate, are enormous. There is also the as yet uncounted numbers who’s health has been ruined by the virus. I don’t have numbers; I’m not sure they exist yet, but I’d bet a pound to a threepenny bit that they are considerable.

The graves being dug in Brazil and the body bags filling hospital corridors last year in New York tell a story to give just two examples. I think ‘better than Covid’ is perfectly applicable to the vaccine even if the side effects were many times worse than they really are.
And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 21:04 - Mar 15 with 390 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 20:43 - Mar 15 by jeera

Which one? You've made so many.

I disagree with this too: "consistently unchallenged".

It hasn't been unchallenged though has it? It has been reviewed by people who have spent their lives studying, researching...

Each time you get into a car, aircraft, eat food you have bought, anything that is outside of your own making you are trusting someone else you've never met.

I don't blame you if you are anxious, but I do wish you would come clean if that were the case though, otherwise it does feel you're pushing an agenda, which is a shame because you come across as a nice guy in general.

The consistently unchallenged point made on here is that the only alternative to not getting vaccinated is death or something near to death!

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 21:05 - Mar 15 with 386 viewsZXBlue

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 21:04 - Mar 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

The consistently unchallenged point made on here is that the only alternative to not getting vaccinated is death or something near to death!

Not a single person on here has ever said that.
And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 21:06 - Mar 15 with 386 viewsjeera

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 21:04 - Mar 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

We have literally just shared a short discussion on that point.

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 21:10 - Mar 15 with 379 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 21:06 - Mar 15 by jeera

We have literally just shared a short discussion on that point.

Lucky I brought it up then!

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 21:12 - Mar 15 with 374 viewsjeera

And now the Dutch suspend the use of the A Z vaccine. on 21:10 - Mar 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Lucky I brought it up then!

I couldn't be happier.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024