Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How well would you do in the UK nationality test? 14:01 - Mar 25 with 4038 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I passed... but only got 19 out of 24.

https://lifeintheuktests.co.uk/

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 15:44 - Mar 25 with 997 viewseireblue

Priti is arranging my deportation order now.
How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 15:47 - Mar 25 with 993 viewsleitrimblue

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 15:42 - Mar 25 by Guthrum

It's not actually known. The earliest firm evidence is 3rd-4th centuries, however.

I never been too interested in Roman archaeology but was sure I had seen Christian mosaics from late 2nd century. But could be wrong was never a favorite subject
How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 15:53 - Mar 25 with 981 viewsfactual_blue

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 15:44 - Mar 25 by eireblue

Priti is arranging my deportation order now.

Don't let her bully you.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 15:55 - Mar 25 with 980 viewsFtnfwest

24, put me in front of my queen for the knighting ceremony now
How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 15:58 - Mar 25 with 970 viewsGuthrum

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 15:47 - Mar 25 by leitrimblue

I never been too interested in Roman archaeology but was sure I had seen Christian mosaics from late 2nd century. But could be wrong was never a favorite subject

Not aware of any that early in Britain. Most of the well-known ones are early 4th century, after Christianity was legalised.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 16:06 - Mar 25 with 966 viewsleitrimblue

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 15:58 - Mar 25 by Guthrum

Not aware of any that early in Britain. Most of the well-known ones are early 4th century, after Christianity was legalised.

If I remember rightly think it bit more basic and not as colorful as later ones, possibly around Kent? Can't remember, but think it had the fish symbol or the weird letter sometimes connected to early Christianity. Though could easily be 3rd-4thC an I'm getting confused.
How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 16:10 - Mar 25 with 958 viewsKeno

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 14:48 - Mar 25 by leitrimblue

When we're Christian communities first in UK? Or something similar. I answered 1st and 2nd centuries and was told it was wrong

Well hold on

Its well know God is Irish and Ireland isnt part of the UK

God's son went to Isreal to get things start and came back home Limerick to get the church started in Ireland, establish Tayto crisps, start brewing Guinness and set up Munster Rugby Club.

That kept them busy for a bit and it couple hundred years later they decided to grace the heathen British with the finer things of life

Crisps
Guiness
Rugby
singing

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 16:16 - Mar 25 with 949 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 15:00 - Mar 25 by ZXBlue

Hardly relevant information.

And the last question was entirely subjective, about what were fundamental ideas behind English life or something.

The question was which of these is NOT a fundamental idea of English life and one of the answers was driving...

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 16:16 - Mar 25 with 948 viewsChurchman

23/24. I was a century or two out regarding Britain and Christianity. There was a mixture of ok and rather odd questions in that little lot.
How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 16:16 - Mar 25 with 948 viewsleitrimblue

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 16:10 - Mar 25 by Keno

Well hold on

Its well know God is Irish and Ireland isnt part of the UK

God's son went to Isreal to get things start and came back home Limerick to get the church started in Ireland, establish Tayto crisps, start brewing Guinness and set up Munster Rugby Club.

That kept them busy for a bit and it couple hundred years later they decided to grace the heathen British with the finer things of life

Crisps
Guiness
Rugby
singing

If God's son was from limerick I'm guessing he was just doing a bit of tarmacin and taking in a dog fight or 2 in
Israel before returning to limerick with the odd generator?
How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 16:26 - Mar 25 with 938 viewsKeno

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 16:16 - Mar 25 by leitrimblue

If God's son was from limerick I'm guessing he was just doing a bit of tarmacin and taking in a dog fight or 2 in
Israel before returning to limerick with the odd generator?

Dem Roman Roads had to be built by someone!!

Not sure about a generator but certain came back with a holy grail ........ or 3 or 4

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 16:38 - Mar 25 with 929 viewsleitrimblue

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 16:26 - Mar 25 by Keno

Dem Roman Roads had to be built by someone!!

Not sure about a generator but certain came back with a holy grail ........ or 3 or 4

Like to think he brought back the original sacred heart picture. You know the ones that you plug in an his little heart glows red? Used to be compulsory in every rented house in the West of Ireland til quite recently. Think you can only get um in knock now
How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 16:40 - Mar 25 with 926 viewsbluelagos

I fear the standards are far too low, given that I got 21 and would have passed. If riff raff like me are getting in...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 16:57 - Mar 25 with 921 viewsPendejo

22 - Christian and Welsh questions did me.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 17:06 - Mar 25 with 909 viewssolemio

23/24
How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 17:12 - Mar 25 with 898 viewsJ2BLUE

17. Pointless.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 17:17 - Mar 25 with 894 viewsMeadowlark

23. Failed on question about Christians!
WTF?
How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 17:17 - Mar 25 with 894 viewsRadlett_blue

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 14:17 - Mar 25 by Swansea_Blue

Same here. Can't believe I got the Chartists wrong - but that's something to do with peasants hasn't It? Nanny doesn't let me talk about them.

The Chartists had several demands, including universal male suffrage so I think the supposedly correct answer could be challenged.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 18:19 - Mar 25 with 874 viewsBasingstokeBlue

21. Bleh.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 19:01 - Mar 25 with 848 viewsKeno

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 16:38 - Mar 25 by leitrimblue

Like to think he brought back the original sacred heart picture. You know the ones that you plug in an his little heart glows red? Used to be compulsory in every rented house in the West of Ireland til quite recently. Think you can only get um in knock now

likes that a cert to me!!

and potatoes?

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 19:04 - Mar 25 with 847 viewsstonojnr

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 15:42 - Mar 25 by Guthrum

It's not actually known. The earliest firm evidence is 3rd-4th centuries, however.

yes but thats when we have evidence it was an established organised religion with bishops and places of worship with most of the Romano-British population as practising Christians, that doesnt just come into existence instantly on that scale

3rd-4th century is when you had Roman Emperors as practising Christians, so there must have been a good century or two of growth as a religion across the Roman Empire before hand for that to even have become a possibility and an accepted thing at that level

so Id have said at least by the 2nd-3rd century there must have been some practising Roman christians communities in the UK by then even if it wasnt accepted by the majority population.
How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 19:42 - Mar 25 with 828 viewsGuthrum

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 19:04 - Mar 25 by stonojnr

yes but thats when we have evidence it was an established organised religion with bishops and places of worship with most of the Romano-British population as practising Christians, that doesnt just come into existence instantly on that scale

3rd-4th century is when you had Roman Emperors as practising Christians, so there must have been a good century or two of growth as a religion across the Roman Empire before hand for that to even have become a possibility and an accepted thing at that level

so Id have said at least by the 2nd-3rd century there must have been some practising Roman christians communities in the UK by then even if it wasnt accepted by the majority population.

Oh indeed. It's an entirely reasonable assumption that Christian communities existed in Britain before 306AD. The legend of St Alban pushes it back to perhaps the late 3rd century, but prior to that we simply have no evidence with which to back up such assumptions.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 23:17 - Mar 25 with 802 viewsronnyd

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 14:39 - Mar 25 by leitrimblue

19 outta 24 though I think they have the wrong answer to question 13

Me too, Glad i was born here.
How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 02:03 - Mar 26 with 787 viewsacj

How well would you do in the UK nationality test? on 15:40 - Mar 25 by Guthrum

22/24. Would have done better if I'd read one of the questions properly.

Plus I assumed the NI Assembly had always collapsed, rather than being formally suspended by the UK government.

I made the same assumption! Also got the question about the first Christians settling in the UK wrong, but what relevance does that have to anything anyway?!

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024