Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nicely put by Blue Action 13:29 - Apr 2 with 4762 viewsSteve_M

No fences were harmed in the making of this post.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 13:33]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nice put by Blue Action on 14:00 - Apr 2 with 766 viewsSomethingBlue

Nice put by Blue Action on 13:53 - Apr 2 by chrismakin

A banner is a protest regardless of people In the area.

Each to their own. You think it's ok. I dont .. time wise not the action of it.

What's also funny reform or sell

Only yesturday were they announcing a change in recrjitment. Something positive and a forward change... yet it was moaned about. So really there is no interest in reform
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 13:54]

Imagine being sold on any of Marcus Evans's plans/rebrandings/promises. We're too far gone for another.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Nice put by Blue Action on 14:00 - Apr 2 with 766 viewsLankHenners

Nice put by Blue Action on 13:57 - Apr 2 by PJH

Why is it a key game?

You have already announced that this season is written off.

Paul Cook does not seem to agree with you but I suppose he has not read your official ruling.

Unfortunately contradicting yourself is the inevitable outcome when you aggressively post a load of inane nonsense in a desperate search for upvotes.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 14:03]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:01 - Apr 2 with 764 viewschrismakin

Nicely put by Blue Action on 13:57 - Apr 2 by MB26

I think we have to salute Blue Action for their persistency and clarity over their protests. This is exactly what an ultras/supporters group is there for. It's not about blind loyalty to the club. It's about having the best interests of the club at heart, representing the majority of fans and challenging the club to do better when we've been failing on multiple fronts.

The training ground protest aside, they have been tasteful and measured with their protests and banners. Especially, in comparison, to ultras/supporters groups on the continent.

Keep up the good work chaps, even if nothing immediately changes, this regime needs to be challenged.

Representing the majority?

Have they gained the opinions from the support base to gain the volume of those who agree to these actions.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Nice put by Blue Action on 14:02 - Apr 2 with 757 viewschrismakin

Nice put by Blue Action on 14:00 - Apr 2 by SomethingBlue

Imagine being sold on any of Marcus Evans's plans/rebrandings/promises. We're too far gone for another.

So why put reform on the banner then

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:02 - Apr 2 with 761 viewsDyland

Nicely put by Blue Action on 13:57 - Apr 2 by MB26

I think we have to salute Blue Action for their persistency and clarity over their protests. This is exactly what an ultras/supporters group is there for. It's not about blind loyalty to the club. It's about having the best interests of the club at heart, representing the majority of fans and challenging the club to do better when we've been failing on multiple fronts.

The training ground protest aside, they have been tasteful and measured with their protests and banners. Especially, in comparison, to ultras/supporters groups on the continent.

Keep up the good work chaps, even if nothing immediately changes, this regime needs to be challenged.

Nothing wrong with the training ground protest, Covid rules notwithstanding...

Though I'm not a fan of flares, from a health perspective. But that's more in grounds rather than a wide open space. The club's weasel response to that incident would be an abject embarrassment if more fans gave a sh1t and woke up to harm MEG is doing to the club with his lack of attention and care.

Nowt to do with player transfer fees, all to do with structure and proper delegation.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Nice put by Blue Action on 14:03 - Apr 2 with 752 viewsRegencyBlue

Nice put by Blue Action on 13:33 - Apr 2 by Parky

Poor timing, in my opinion. Now about to play in a must-win game, don’t think it’s something the players needed to see before the game.

For the record, I think it’s nicely put and I’m fully behind Evans selling up to the right person, but this should have been after the game.

We have far more problems with our squad than them reading a banner directed at our charlatan owner in my view!
Nice put by Blue Action on 14:03 - Apr 2 with 747 viewschrismakin

Nice put by Blue Action on 14:00 - Apr 2 by LankHenners

Unfortunately contradicting yourself is the inevitable outcome when you aggressively post a load of inane nonsense in a desperate search for upvotes.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 14:03]

Lank I've been on the forum for many years. Certainly no interest in gaining up votes. I'd need 50,000000 to break even.

As if the players will be put off by this on 14:05 - Apr 2 with 742 viewsDyland

As if the players will be put off by this on 13:57 - Apr 2 by Parky

I really don’t think they would. I acknowledge and agree Evans has been at the forefront of our decline and has made some utterly stupid decisions over the years, but let’s not disregard the fact that he’s funded the biggest, most expensive squad in the division whilst also paying our manager(s) a hefty wage for this division.

The last few seasons have been utter garbage, I agree, but we’re 3 points off the play-off’s with 10 games to go, we’ve got rid of the manager we all wanted to leave, I just think now isn’t the time.

Just my opinion, of course.

Fair play Parkers.

For me it's not the money he puts in (or doesn't) to the playing squad, it's how his investment is distributed. The lack of structure and thread bare staffing is appalling.

Login to get fewer ads

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:08 - Apr 2 with 719 viewsMB26

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:01 - Apr 2 by chrismakin

Have they gained the opinions from the support base to gain the volume of those who agree to these actions.

I think the majority of the fanbase is baffled at the possibility of a 3rd season in League 1. There is an evident problem at the club for us to be in this position, regardless of who has been manager, it's a deep rooted issue.

Even if you don't agree with everything being put forward by Blue Action surely you want answers as to why the club has fallen so far with little sign of recovery.
As if the players will be put off by this on 14:10 - Apr 2 with 715 viewsParky

As if the players will be put off by this on 14:05 - Apr 2 by Dyland

Fair play Parkers.

For me it's not the money he puts in (or doesn't) to the playing squad, it's how his investment is distributed. The lack of structure and thread bare staffing is appalling.

Completely agree in regards to the structure, that was the most exciting thing for me about the proposed takeover, was having some proper footballing people oversee the club.

I guess my only gripe with this banner, is the timing. I’m still slightly optimistic we can do something this season, so would’ve personally waited until after the game.
As if the players will be put off by this on 14:10 - Apr 2 with 707 viewsSteve_M

As if the players will be put off by this on 13:57 - Apr 2 by Parky

I really don’t think they would. I acknowledge and agree Evans has been at the forefront of our decline and has made some utterly stupid decisions over the years, but let’s not disregard the fact that he’s funded the biggest, most expensive squad in the division whilst also paying our manager(s) a hefty wage for this division.

The last few seasons have been utter garbage, I agree, but we’re 3 points off the play-off’s with 10 games to go, we’ve got rid of the manager we all wanted to leave, I just think now isn’t the time.

Just my opinion, of course.

Yes, and that's fair enough.

I think Evans' failure to sack Lambert in November wrote off this season though so I've accepted the likelihood of a third season at this level since then. Again the fact that the squad is well funded, but still dysfunctional, reflects the incoherence of Evans' time here as much as Lambert's failures.

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:11 - Apr 2 with 710 viewsBlueySwede

I think the timing is off and also I dont get those that want this deal to go ahead just for the sake of it, without knowing anything about what could follow.
I´m not saying we don´t need new owners, new ideas. But we need the right ones. I might be gullible, but I trust Evans in that he will only let the club go if its better for the long term.
As if the players will be put off by this on 14:12 - Apr 2 with 702 viewsDyland

As if the players will be put off by this on 14:10 - Apr 2 by Parky

Completely agree in regards to the structure, that was the most exciting thing for me about the proposed takeover, was having some proper footballing people oversee the club.

I guess my only gripe with this banner, is the timing. I’m still slightly optimistic we can do something this season, so would’ve personally waited until after the game.

I don't think there's any problem with the timing, we are so far gone in that regard. Other clubs fans would be more vociferous, 24/7.

Opinions are like ar5eholes, innit :)

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:12 - Apr 2 with 699 viewsMB26

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:02 - Apr 2 by Dyland

Nothing wrong with the training ground protest, Covid rules notwithstanding...

Though I'm not a fan of flares, from a health perspective. But that's more in grounds rather than a wide open space. The club's weasel response to that incident would be an abject embarrassment if more fans gave a sh1t and woke up to harm MEG is doing to the club with his lack of attention and care.

Nowt to do with player transfer fees, all to do with structure and proper delegation.

I personally didn't have an issue with it but I know it's wasn't the most popular move.

The club's and national media response was an absolute farce.
Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:12 - Apr 2 with 697 viewschrismakin

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:08 - Apr 2 by MB26

I think the majority of the fanbase is baffled at the possibility of a 3rd season in League 1. There is an evident problem at the club for us to be in this position, regardless of who has been manager, it's a deep rooted issue.

Even if you don't agree with everything being put forward by Blue Action surely you want answers as to why the club has fallen so far with little sign of recovery.

Absolutely and I agree in a protest

But I'd personally wait for when people can get together to protest properly. Rather than just a banner or 4 people with flares.

Nice put by Blue Action on 14:20 - Apr 2 with 669 viewspatrickswell

Nice put by Blue Action on 13:33 - Apr 2 by Parky

Poor timing, in my opinion. Now about to play in a must-win game, don’t think it’s something the players needed to see before the game.

For the record, I think it’s nicely put and I’m fully behind Evans selling up to the right person, but this should have been after the game.

Unfortunately our players could be carried to Portman Road in sedan chairs with their path strewn with gold leaves and a ticker-tape reception and they’d still fail to perform in a must win game.

It’s no coincidence that they’ve fallen completely to pieces since expectations looked up again after the Plymouth result. They have one of the best managers outside the top flight to work under and they’ve more or less shrugged their shoulders at his arrival.

The players won’t be affected one way or the other. They just want to get out of sight without anyone expecting anything of them.

The banner and statement is spot on.
Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:25 - Apr 2 with 652 viewsJ2BLUE

I refuse to really criticise BA as they have been at the front of the fight in recent times and we badly need them but I am slightly disappointed this doesn’t just say sell. It’s an open goal for Evans now to really push whatever changes are coming as major reform and him giving us what we want. I think he’ll be pleased to see reform on there. I’m now expecting a powder puff interview and a few minor changes which LON will be sent out to push.

Again, no true criticism of BA but hopefully constructive criticism which will be taken on.

This banner will be answered and I suspect it will be answered with more of the same. We need to demand he sells or we boycott (in my opinion).

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:26 - Apr 2 with 650 viewsBlueBadger

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:01 - Apr 2 by chrismakin

Are seriously suggesting that the majority of the fan base WANTS to stay in the third division with an incompetent owner at the helm of a directionless club?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:29 - Apr 2 with 639 viewschrismakin

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:26 - Apr 2 by BlueBadger

Are seriously suggesting that the majority of the fan base WANTS to stay in the third division with an incompetent owner at the helm of a directionless club?

No. I'm saying it would be good for all to be able to know when things are planned etc. Maybe they might want to be involved. Add some input to them etc.

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:30 - Apr 2 with 634 viewswkj

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:25 - Apr 2 by J2BLUE

I refuse to really criticise BA as they have been at the front of the fight in recent times and we badly need them but I am slightly disappointed this doesn’t just say sell. It’s an open goal for Evans now to really push whatever changes are coming as major reform and him giving us what we want. I think he’ll be pleased to see reform on there. I’m now expecting a powder puff interview and a few minor changes which LON will be sent out to push.

Again, no true criticism of BA but hopefully constructive criticism which will be taken on.

This banner will be answered and I suspect it will be answered with more of the same. We need to demand he sells or we boycott (in my opinion).

Pretty much spot on. I hate this time of year so much now. Evans has promised so much around season ticket renewal time, and it always comes from a place of looking forward to the future, but never from a place of celebrating what worked in the recent past.

Of course, none of Evans' feel good statements have ever really worked - he knows it too, yet it astounds me how every year people are willing to trust his vision for the future.

I am pleased we have BA on our side, as we were sleepy in our objections until they came along - and in fairness, they never wanted to be the voice of the fans going to war with the club, but the voice of the fans to roar WITH the club.

I am glad they see through Evans' prattle and are helping others to see it too.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 14:31]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:31 - Apr 2 with 627 viewsjeera

We must have some of the most articulate and civil 'protesters' amongst all the clubs in the country.

Nothing wrong with that at all imo.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 14:44]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:39 - Apr 2 with 600 viewsEireannach_gorm

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:11 - Apr 2 by BlueySwede

I think the timing is off and also I dont get those that want this deal to go ahead just for the sake of it, without knowing anything about what could follow.
I´m not saying we don´t need new owners, new ideas. But we need the right ones. I might be gullible, but I trust Evans in that he will only let the club go if its better for the long term.

We haven't exactly been avalanched with prospective buyers now have we? Of course it would be nice to have a choice but we do know what way we will be going with Evans and it is not a inspiring future.
As if the players will be put off by this on 14:42 - Apr 2 with 593 viewsMullet

As if the players will be put off by this on 14:12 - Apr 2 by Dyland

I don't think there's any problem with the timing, we are so far gone in that regard. Other clubs fans would be more vociferous, 24/7.

Opinions are like ar5eholes, innit :)

I dunno if that's true. The reason we remember fans being vociferous is because it's rare enough to be newsworthy innit.

Can anyone really remember the details of Newcastle, Liverpool, United fans etc getting the arse? Proportionally their protests are even smaller than ours are likely to be had fans been allowed this season.

What's worse is the manner and way in which like Evans, when they do take action it's at the wrong place and people. BA haven't done that here, so that's another positive in my opinion.

Just a shame it's taken this long for so many people to twig that Marcus is the issue.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:44 - Apr 2 with 584 viewsSteve_M

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:30 - Apr 2 by wkj

Pretty much spot on. I hate this time of year so much now. Evans has promised so much around season ticket renewal time, and it always comes from a place of looking forward to the future, but never from a place of celebrating what worked in the recent past.

Of course, none of Evans' feel good statements have ever really worked - he knows it too, yet it astounds me how every year people are willing to trust his vision for the future.

I am pleased we have BA on our side, as we were sleepy in our objections until they came along - and in fairness, they never wanted to be the voice of the fans going to war with the club, but the voice of the fans to roar WITH the club.

I am glad they see through Evans' prattle and are helping others to see it too.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 14:31]

"we were sleepy in our objections until they came along"

Some of us have been trying to make the case against Evans for a long time, many for longer than me. Although I think the upturn in form under McCarthy let people think that maybe things at the club were better than they were.

http://turnstileblues.co.uk/blog.aspx

I'm in agreement with J2's point though; it's far too far gone for Evans to make a success of owning ITFC.

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:47 - Apr 2 with 562 viewswkj

Nicely put by Blue Action on 14:44 - Apr 2 by Steve_M

"we were sleepy in our objections until they came along"

Some of us have been trying to make the case against Evans for a long time, many for longer than me. Although I think the upturn in form under McCarthy let people think that maybe things at the club were better than they were.

http://turnstileblues.co.uk/blog.aspx

I'm in agreement with J2's point though; it's far too far gone for Evans to make a success of owning ITFC.

Let me revise that part of my statement -

"We were not particularly well organised with our protests" might be more appropriate.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024