Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants 12:26 - Apr 5 with 4388 viewsPinewoodblue

Guess we all know what Boris will announce later. While the trade is very anti I’m sure they would change their minds if the alternative was, to retain social distancing, that the number allowed in each establishment was drastically reduced.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 16:09 - Apr 5 with 1368 viewseireblue

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:57 - Apr 5 by ZXBlue

That makes no sense at all. but we do see what is really at the heart of the objection!

Chico is just playing.

The Queen will stop any authoritarian measures imposed by Boris Johnson and endorsed by TWTD.
Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 16:21 - Apr 5 with 1349 viewsJ2BLUE

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:52 - Apr 5 by ZXBlue

The BAME issue appears to be cultural in some areas. There is a need to tackle that.

I am unconvinced that is what is really at the heart of chico's objections.

Fair enough. We still have to deal with our reality though. There''s no perfect solution here. Some people are going to be unhappy.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 20:15 - Apr 5 with 1315 viewsGaryCooper

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:52 - Apr 5 by ZXBlue

The BAME issue appears to be cultural in some areas. There is a need to tackle that.

I am unconvinced that is what is really at the heart of chico's objections.

When you say cultural do you mean religious beliefs?

If so, feck them, it's their funeral.
Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 08:05 - Apr 6 with 1239 viewsHARRY10

whatever it is, it will soon be changed in his usual u-turn fashion
Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 08:24 - Apr 6 with 1226 viewsStokieBlue

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 12:52 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

It's needed. With some sort of exemption for those not yet offered a vaccine so we don't go on punishing the young.

Isn't the exception the fact that a recent negative test will also appear on the passport and thus allow someone to enter?

So people could qualify under any of the below:

- Have had the vaccine
- Have had a recent negative test
- Have had C19 within the last 6 months (proven by a positive test)
- Have a medical exemption

It's going to happen because after a year of being closed pubs and restaurants are going to struggle to rebuild their finances with social distancing in place and I don't think we can open up yet without any social distancing measures (Boris confirmed as much yesterday, social distancing will be here all this year I expect).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 08:29 - Apr 6 with 1221 viewsStokieBlue

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:39 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

Ok. So pregnant women, people with religious reasons, cultural reasons, some carers, some NHS workers, asthmatics, people with underlying health conditions who are worried about the vaccine and nearly 25% of the BAME population are banned from public spaces in our new Jerusalem. How very TWTD.

What religious reasons are there for not taking the vaccine?

I haven't seen any so am genuinely interested.

SB

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 08:43 - Apr 6 with 1208 viewsChurchman

I’m for Covid passports, in principle. I keep hearing about ‘uman rights and individual freedoms. Basically, why should I go somewhere and potential have my health threatened by somebody who cannot be bothered or for whatever reason doesn’t want a free vaccination? It’s about the safety of the majority, not the whims of the minority. I accept that there would be exemptions and their passport could easily be marked accordingly.

Similarly, if I still had a parent in a care home, I’d be very unhappy about a staff member working there without a vaccination.

As it goes, I suspect some businesses will be happy to use Covid passports as a ‘selling point’ I.e. come to the Dog and Duck and be safe, everyone is vaccinated here sort of thing. Volvo did it with car safety in the 70s and people thought it a bit of a joke at first until it started selling cars.
Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 08:47 - Apr 6 with 1199 viewsMullet

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 08:29 - Apr 6 by StokieBlue

SB

I’m guessing possibly JWs, Rastafarians maybe Mormons at most? I’m sure we will be furnished with specifics though as all of those would be speculation based on attitudes to other medical procedures.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 08:50 - Apr 6 with 1196 viewsStokieBlue

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 08:47 - Apr 6 by Mullet

I’m guessing possibly JWs, Rastafarians maybe Mormons at most? I’m sure we will be furnished with specifics though as all of those would be speculation based on attitudes to other medical procedures.

Mormon leaders are encouraging everyone to get a vaccine:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/utah/articles/2021-01-19/mormon-leaders-

I'll wait for Chico to reply as it's an interesting aside.

SB

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 08:50 - Apr 6 with 1196 viewsbluelagos

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 08:43 - Apr 6 by Churchman

I’m for Covid passports, in principle. I keep hearing about ‘uman rights and individual freedoms. Basically, why should I go somewhere and potential have my health threatened by somebody who cannot be bothered or for whatever reason doesn’t want a free vaccination? It’s about the safety of the majority, not the whims of the minority. I accept that there would be exemptions and their passport could easily be marked accordingly.

Similarly, if I still had a parent in a care home, I’d be very unhappy about a staff member working there without a vaccination.

As it goes, I suspect some businesses will be happy to use Covid passports as a ‘selling point’ I.e. come to the Dog and Duck and be safe, everyone is vaccinated here sort of thing. Volvo did it with car safety in the 70s and people thought it a bit of a joke at first until it started selling cars.

Ref your Volvo point - agree to a point and vaccine passports appeal to the same type of people / mentality.

But we are not all made to drive volvos. Some of us even travel around quite happily without seatbelts or airbags or any other car safety feature, cos we can, cos it's fun and cos we don't obsess with our safety. (On a motorbike before anyone has a melt down)

If you insisted we all drive Volvos I'd tell you to do one :-)

Btw - am happily vaccianted - 1st jab anyway.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 08:53 - Apr 6 with 1186 viewsbluelagos

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 08:50 - Apr 6 by StokieBlue

Mormon leaders are encouraging everyone to get a vaccine:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/utah/articles/2021-01-19/mormon-leaders-

I'll wait for Chico to reply as it's an interesting aside.

SB

Plenty of examples of Islamic leaders in Nigeria stating that vaccines (Polio I think) are a western scheme to sterilise the muslim population.

Not aware of their CV vaccine stance, but quite probable some fringe groups will go down a similar route.

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 08:55 - Apr 6 with 1172 viewsStokieBlue

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 08:53 - Apr 6 by bluelagos

Plenty of examples of Islamic leaders in Nigeria stating that vaccines (Polio I think) are a western scheme to sterilise the muslim population.

Not aware of their CV vaccine stance, but quite probable some fringe groups will go down a similar route.

But that isn't a religious reason for not wanting a vaccine. That's a misinformation campaign by certain leaders.

A religious reason would be due to ingredients or putting things into ones body wouldn't it?

SB

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 08:58 - Apr 6 with 1158 viewsbluelagos

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 08:55 - Apr 6 by StokieBlue

But that isn't a religious reason for not wanting a vaccine. That's a misinformation campaign by certain leaders.

A religious reason would be due to ingredients or putting things into ones body wouldn't it?

SB

God knows what their motives were - probably more political than anything else in Nigeria.

JWs would seem to be the most likely I'd have thought, given they don't accept blood. Not that they'd be the first in the queue for the pubs next Monday!

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 09:01 - Apr 6 with 1148 viewsStokieBlue

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 08:58 - Apr 6 by bluelagos

God knows what their motives were - probably more political than anything else in Nigeria.

JWs would seem to be the most likely I'd have thought, given they don't accept blood. Not that they'd be the first in the queue for the pubs next Monday!

Indeed.

I think it's good the name has been changed as it's not really a vaccine passport, it's just a method of making things safer and there are multiple ways one can qualify without having a vaccine.

Given I've not had one yet I'd need to go down one of those routes if I wanted to qualify.

SB

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 09:21 - Apr 6 with 1132 viewschicoazul

SB

No idea luv. I simply say that there will be some people who will have religious objections to taking it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 09:24 - Apr 6 with 1129 viewsStokieBlue

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 09:21 - Apr 6 by chicoazul

No idea luv. I simply say that there will be some people who will have religious objections to taking it.

Fair enough, it was a genuine question.

I thought you might have some specific examples.

SB

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 09:25 - Apr 6 with 1125 viewschicoazul

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 09:24 - Apr 6 by StokieBlue

SB

Nope.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 09:30 - Apr 6 with 1121 viewseastangliaisblue

SB

I did read somewhere that some Muslims are supposedly refusing to take it, as they believe the protein in the vaccine comes from pigs. How true that actually is though is another thing.
Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 09:33 - Apr 6 with 1117 viewsStokieBlue

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 09:30 - Apr 6 by eastangliaisblue

I did read somewhere that some Muslims are supposedly refusing to take it, as they believe the protein in the vaccine comes from pigs. How true that actually is though is another thing.

It's not true.

https://fullfact.org/health/there-isnt-pork-in-covid-19-vaccines/

SB

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 09:35 - Apr 6 with 1109 viewsbluelagos

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 09:24 - Apr 6 by StokieBlue

SB

How good is your pidgin?

Nigerian pastor who preached on a UK channel a load of bollox about CV. The station got fined by Ofcom. Doubt he'll be telling his flock to jab up anytime soon.

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-56592932

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 09:35 - Apr 6 with 1103 viewseastangliaisblue

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 09:33 - Apr 6 by StokieBlue

It's not true.

https://fullfact.org/health/there-isnt-pork-in-covid-19-vaccines/

SB

Good to hear. Like I say I wasn't sure if there was any truth in it. I don't take anything at face value when it comes to negatives about the vaccines.
Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 09:36 - Apr 6 with 1101 viewsStokieBlue

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 09:35 - Apr 6 by bluelagos

How good is your pidgin?

Nigerian pastor who preached on a UK channel a load of bollox about CV. The station got fined by Ofcom. Doubt he'll be telling his flock to jab up anytime soon.

This seems to be quite a good article about it:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/feb/18/muslims-wary-covid-vaccine

So not any specific religious reasons for Muslims not to take it, just reasons based around distrust of the West and authority which are understandable in many cases.

SB

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 09:39 - Apr 6 with 1097 viewsbluelagos

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 09:35 - Apr 6 by bluelagos

How good is your pidgin?

https://punchng.com/oyahkilome-slams-pastors-telling-church-members-to-take-covi

Sadly he is indeed going full on anti-vaccine. He'll have a chunk of followers amongst the Nigerian community in London.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 9:51]

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 09:44 - Apr 6 with 1080 viewsStokieBlue

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 09:39 - Apr 6 by bluelagos

https://punchng.com/oyahkilome-slams-pastors-telling-church-members-to-take-covi

Sadly he is indeed going full on anti-vaccine. He'll have a chunk of followers amongst the Nigerian community in London.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 9:51]

Pretty awful stuff.

The counter is that god hasn't saved >3.5m people thus far but obviously some people won't want to hear that.

In the end we can't tell people what to believe in, however we can try and ensure they get accurate information with which to make their choice.

SB

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 09:49 - Apr 6 with 1069 viewsMookamoo

SB

Child 1 lives in Stoke Newington and the Orthadox Jewish community around Stamford Hill have been hit very hard. There are some leaders trying to get the community to engage in distancing and vaccines, but most don't want anything to do with it. They don't want that level of scientific influence into their lives as they worry what will be next.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024