Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans retaining 5% stake 19:39 - Apr 8 with 4470 viewsTokey

I’m pleased that Evans is retaining a stake in the club, albeit a share that doesn’t allow any decision-taking. It can’t have given him any pleasure from the last few years either so as we hopefully ascend towards the Prem, I’m glad he’s along for the ride as well.
Evans retaining 5% stake on 19:43 - Apr 8 with 3539 viewsKropotkin123

It gives a certain level of confidence that he has sold the club to someone he believes can take the club forward. Whether they can or not remains to be seen. But definitely adds a level of sincerity to the sale.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Evans retaining 5% stake on 21:14 - Apr 8 with 3398 viewsghostofescobar

To coin an Americanism, I wish he would go, period. I really don’t want that muppet in the stadium after what he’s done to us. The only ride I would want him along for is in a taxi from PR to the station. I don’t care about his pleasure or otherwise. He fvcked us over and continued to stand by watching us rot to the husk we are now.

GhostOfEscobar

Evans retaining 5% stake on 21:16 - Apr 8 with 3389 views66notout

Evans retaining 5% stake on 19:43 - Apr 8 by Kropotkin123

It gives a certain level of confidence that he has sold the club to someone he believes can take the club forward. Whether they can or not remains to be seen. But definitely adds a level of sincerity to the sale.

Also gives him as big a share as the Three Lions group of three. They played down ORG’s role in the press conference last night and Brett Johnson, whose stake is precisely one third of Evans’, is talking like Mr Big. As for O’Leary he has a similar stake to most of us - sweet FA. The real power belongs to Ed Schwartz, no one else, so he will be pulling all the strings.
Evans retaining 5% stake on 21:19 - Apr 8 with 3371 viewsBryanPlug

Evans retaining 5% stake on 21:14 - Apr 8 by ghostofescobar

To coin an Americanism, I wish he would go, period. I really don’t want that muppet in the stadium after what he’s done to us. The only ride I would want him along for is in a taxi from PR to the station. I don’t care about his pleasure or otherwise. He fvcked us over and continued to stand by watching us rot to the husk we are now.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Evans retaining 5% stake on 21:23 - Apr 8 with 3332 viewsjeera

Evans retaining 5% stake on 21:19 - Apr 8 by BryanPlug

But surely he's just saying what he means and is being an independent thinker?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Evans retaining 5% stake on 21:39 - Apr 8 with 3285 viewsGuthrum

Evans retaining 5% stake on 21:16 - Apr 8 by 66notout

Also gives him as big a share as the Three Lions group of three. They played down ORG’s role in the press conference last night and Brett Johnson, whose stake is precisely one third of Evans’, is talking like Mr Big. As for O’Leary he has a similar stake to most of us - sweet FA. The real power belongs to Ed Schwartz, no one else, so he will be pulling all the strings.

Not necessarily. Other than making sure his organisation's investment is used for the intended purpose, he may have very little involvement at all. Unlike the others, he has no (known) football experience.

After all, a mortgage lender doesn't tell you how to decorate and furnish the house.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Evans retaining 5% stake on 22:05 - Apr 8 with 3179 views66notout

Evans retaining 5% stake on 21:39 - Apr 8 by Guthrum

Not necessarily. Other than making sure his organisation's investment is used for the intended purpose, he may have very little involvement at all. Unlike the others, he has no (known) football experience.

After all, a mortgage lender doesn't tell you how to decorate and furnish the house.

Good analogy. I really meant the power lies with Ed in terms of how long it will be before they pull the plug if things don’t go according to plan.
Evans retaining 5% stake on 22:06 - Apr 8 with 3175 viewsFixed_It

Evans retaining 5% stake on 21:39 - Apr 8 by Guthrum

They've already said that he will hardly ever come over - 2 or 3 times a season?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Evans retaining 5% stake on 22:18 - Apr 8 with 3123 viewsTieDyedIn95

Debt largely caused by his own bad decisions though let's be honest. The finances got totally out of control at one point toward the end of Jewell and he really should have had a handle on it. I also hate the line of attack because a supporter hasn't dumped millions in your not allowed a view on Evans, well I imagine you have put in next to sweet fa compared to Evans too so why do you get a view and other do not?

Evans was a terrible owner who run up 100mil of debt and led us to mid-table in the third division. Just because he sold the club doesn't change that fact. He didn't write off the 100mil out of kindness. It was a business decision to enable himself to recoup 40million quid and offload a cost drain on his overall business. We can be positive about Gamechanger but lets not alter history just because he wrote a nice message when he sold the club. Just a few months ago he'd allowed the banning of TWTD from the clubs media, told the national press the supporters had burned down the clubs training ground, allowed a manager to run riot and pull the club further down the tube, while giving him one last mad transfer window to waste yet more money in doing so, clearly after having made a decision to sack him anyway.

It's been constant and utter madness and Evans final months are absolutely damning in my view. I have put in my fair share into the club over the years as well, we all have, and I am allowed my view that Evans was a total and utter disaster here and it ended up the way it did, not because of the supporters, but because of how badly Evans ran this club. Same with the debt. The fans didn't build that up, he did.

So lets not be high and mighty about Evans just because he sold the club and wrote a nice bit about how sorry he was it failed. It was a business decision to buy, he failed to run the club to anywhere near the level expected and it was his business decision to sell it having run it into the ground. Look at the state of it and tell me that's the product of a man who was doing his best let alone doing his job?

Lets get real.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Evans retaining 5% stake on 22:25 - Apr 8 with 3100 viewsDeano69

Evans retaining 5% stake on 21:14 - Apr 8 by ghostofescobar

Harsh and although we have ended up in league one I still believe he had the right intentions but got to point where he found it unsustainable to plough more and more in.

I wish him no real malice, and like many, pleased he has a vested interest in the new structure.

Am I glad he no longer has control, yes, but in the main grateful we have survived as a club.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Evans retaining 5% stake on 22:42 - Apr 8 with 3021 viewsBlueBadger

Evans retaining 5% stake on 22:25 - Apr 8 by Deano69

Harsh and although we have ended up in league one I still believe he had the right intentions but got to point where he found it unsustainable to plough more and more in.

I wish him no real malice, and like many, pleased he has a vested interest in the new structure.

Am I glad he no longer has control, yes, but in the main grateful we have survived as a club.

The bitter irony is, that he's ended up with a situation where he's unsustainably ploughing millions in because he's baulked, scrimped and half-arsed the important decisions. He bought the club and threw millions at two bad managers(Keane and Jewell) because he bought the 'anyone can finish mid-table' rhetoric, he failed to support Mick McCarthy when it mattered most and, when his only vaguely successful manager left, he hadn't put in place the kind of checks and balances needed to rein in our two worst-ever managers.

It's all very well having good intentions, but taking a few minutes to actually think about seeking advice on how best to act on those good intentions would have saved him millions AND left the club in a better place.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2021 10:00]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Evans retaining 5% stake on 02:27 - Apr 9 with 2882 viewsStenvict

Evans retaining 5% stake on 22:18 - Apr 8 by TieDyedIn95

Debt largely caused by his own bad decisions though let's be honest. The finances got totally out of control at one point toward the end of Jewell and he really should have had a handle on it. I also hate the line of attack because a supporter hasn't dumped millions in your not allowed a view on Evans, well I imagine you have put in next to sweet fa compared to Evans too so why do you get a view and other do not?

Evans was a terrible owner who run up 100mil of debt and led us to mid-table in the third division. Just because he sold the club doesn't change that fact. He didn't write off the 100mil out of kindness. It was a business decision to enable himself to recoup 40million quid and offload a cost drain on his overall business. We can be positive about Gamechanger but lets not alter history just because he wrote a nice message when he sold the club. Just a few months ago he'd allowed the banning of TWTD from the clubs media, told the national press the supporters had burned down the clubs training ground, allowed a manager to run riot and pull the club further down the tube, while giving him one last mad transfer window to waste yet more money in doing so, clearly after having made a decision to sack him anyway.

It's been constant and utter madness and Evans final months are absolutely damning in my view. I have put in my fair share into the club over the years as well, we all have, and I am allowed my view that Evans was a total and utter disaster here and it ended up the way it did, not because of the supporters, but because of how badly Evans ran this club. Same with the debt. The fans didn't build that up, he did.

So lets not be high and mighty about Evans just because he sold the club and wrote a nice bit about how sorry he was it failed. It was a business decision to buy, he failed to run the club to anywhere near the level expected and it was his business decision to sell it having run it into the ground. Look at the state of it and tell me that's the product of a man who was doing his best let alone doing his job?

Lets get real.

Lol

He's the real winner here, he's lost £100m just so he can claim £40m back. Smart. We should all do that.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Evans retaining 5% stake on 06:23 - Apr 9 with 2796 viewstextbackup

hold up, if we don't thank him for that we are wrong? but his terrible decisions and mismanagement over 13 years is ok to just accept?
right...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Evans retaining 5% stake on 07:50 - Apr 9 with 2704 viewsBryanPlug

Evans retaining 5% stake on 06:23 - Apr 9 by textbackup

hold up, if we don't thank him for that we are wrong? but his terrible decisions and mismanagement over 13 years is ok to just accept?
right...

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Evans retaining 5% stake on 08:15 - Apr 9 with 2646 viewstextbackup

Evans retaining 5% stake on 07:50 - Apr 9 by BryanPlug

I will think what I like. I’m not grateful for a single thing about his time here.
It’s been depressing to support the club under his ownership

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Evans retaining 5% stake on 08:21 - Apr 9 with 2628 viewsketton_itfc

I think the 5% is for his daughter.
Evans retaining 5% stake on 08:29 - Apr 9 with 2603 viewsRadlett_blue

Evans retaining 5% stake on 19:43 - Apr 8 by Kropotkin123

Really? I think it's simply that Evans prefers to retain a small degree of optionality that will bring him a nice reward if Town ever return to the PL. He's already shown his reluctance to crystallise losses after his silly behaviour over keeping players who weren't wanted e.g. Jackson & Donacien.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Evans retaining 5% stake on 08:31 - Apr 9 with 2599 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's a nice OP. I've been as critical as any of his tenure of us. It's been a disaster and I've wanted him gone for years and years.

But if he or his family have become fans over his time with us, then I don't see why he shouldn't come along for the ride.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Evans retaining 5% stake on 08:34 - Apr 9 with 2587 viewsChurchman

I’d be interested to know what the actual true figure he’s lost is. For example, the £30m Norwich Union debt for the stands was written down to £8m then wound up on the ME balance sheet as £30m? Did he not ‘charge’ interest on the growing debt? In other words, I’d be interested to know what he has truly lost from the accountancy dudes or anyone who knows about these things. In real terms, as a squillionaire he’s not exactly going to be signing on is he.

If he wanted to stop losing money, he had to either put another chunk in to speculate or fold the club and crystallise any loss. Realistically, flogging it was far and away his best option. I don’t believe his words tbh. He’s shown little interest in the club beyond making a quick buck with Roy Keane. I’m in the camp of wanting to completely see the back of him totally after a miserable and at times humiliating 14 years.
Evans retaining 5% stake on 08:39 - Apr 9 with 2565 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lets get real.

I think that's absolutely spot on. Yes he spent a fortune and lost a fortune on us, but that was all based on his decisions. He bought us as a commercial investment and failed badly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Evans retaining 5% stake on 08:55 - Apr 9 with 2530 viewsTokey

Evans retaining 5% stake on 08:31 - Apr 9 by Swansea_Blue

That's a nice OP. I've been as critical as any of his tenure of us. It's been a disaster and I've wanted him gone for years and years.

But if he or his family have become fans over his time with us, then I don't see why he shouldn't come along for the ride.

Yeah, my thoughts precisely. Certainly pleased he's no longer got control but for all the cash he must have put in over the years to keep us afloat, he deserves a little bit of success as much as the rest of us.

I must be a softy, I've never felt the anger others seem to have towards him.
Evans retaining 5% stake on 09:06 - Apr 9 with 2499 viewsTokey

Lets get real.

100% can't deny it's been terrible with Evans owning us and I'm so glad we've been bought.
But you've created your own narrative here - some of which I'm sure isn't correct and some of which is pure conjecture.

Anyway, it's not the week for arguing - we all should be happy now, sunlit uplands and all that.
COYB.
Evans retaining 5% stake on 09:32 - Apr 9 with 2473 viewsRadlett_blue

Evans retaining 5% stake on 09:06 - Apr 9 by Tokey

100% can't deny it's been terrible with Evans owning us and I'm so glad we've been bought.
But you've created your own narrative here - some of which I'm sure isn't correct and some of which is pure conjecture.

Anyway, it's not the week for arguing - we all should be happy now, sunlit uplands and all that.
COYB.

WE were all happy & optimistic when Evans bought Town 13 years ago. Didn't exactly go well, did it? Probably the worst 13 years in history to have been a Town fan.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Evans retaining 5% stake on 10:02 - Apr 9 with 2427 viewsBlueBadger

Most of that debt has been run up thanks to his own mistakes. Ironically, if he'd have properly invested in the first place rather than bunging some money at Roy Keane and hoping for the best he'd be in a better place.

It's ike thanking a surgeon who's error has resulting in you losing both your legs for 'saving your life'.
Sure, it's technically correct but their error has left you far more worse off.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Evans retaining 5% stake on 10:26 - Apr 9 with 2412 viewsghostofescobar

He made his bed. His own incompetence caused the losses. If I neglect to mend my roof, year after year after year, I don't expect any sympathy if it causes me huge losses when I come to sell my crumbling house. I have said on here before that I am grateful for his money, but for every other single thing when it comes to ITFC, he has been an unmitigated disaster and I for one would be happy if he never set foot in PR again. Just look at the state we are in. As far as taking exception, you should doing that with Evans. Wake up.

GhostOfEscobar

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024