Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook 19:26 - Apr 10 with 5723 viewsHarryB

im interested in people's thoughts. would you be upset if cook walked or do you think that we would be okay with someone else? i personally think that cook is the man to take us forward and i am interested in other's opinions.
Paul Cook on 19:48 - Apr 10 with 2422 viewsN2_Blue

Paul Cook on 19:40 - Apr 10 by Pendejo

Truth be told I'm ambivalent toward him.

On the face of it a sound appointment, which should have happened earlier. I just can't get the fact that Gill got a tune out of these out of time fiddlers. They should have kicked on and be comfy in top 6.

Not being an iFollow watcher haven't seen enough for proper insight, but defensively we've not been a disaster, but as a creative goalscoring force...? It almost feels like the players are part of some undercover betting syndicate trying for 0-0 draws.

🔚⏳⌛🔜

All this talk that Gill got a tune out of the players and Cook is doing worse is nonsense really. We were abysmal against Accrington and very fortunate to win.

There has not been any real impact from Cook.....but he has got players that aren't prepared to do extra training or be seen in the gym and looking to impress with a new manager in tow. That says everything about their attitude and the majority have checked out of the club.

It's certainly very disappointing that some of our youngers members such as Dozzell haven't tried to impress the new manager away from match day.

Cook was my first choice and hope he stays and can work with the strategy the new owners implement. He has a decent record and comes across a very decent man.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 19:53]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Paul Cook on 19:49 - Apr 10 with 2406 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Paul Cook on 19:48 - Apr 10 by N2_Blue

All this talk that Gill got a tune out of the players and Cook is doing worse is nonsense really. We were abysmal against Accrington and very fortunate to win.

There has not been any real impact from Cook.....but he has got players that aren't prepared to do extra training or be seen in the gym and looking to impress with a new manager in tow. That says everything about their attitude and the majority have checked out of the club.

It's certainly very disappointing that some of our youngers members such as Dozzell haven't tried to impress the new manager away from match day.

Cook was my first choice and hope he stays and can work with the strategy the new owners implement. He has a decent record and comes across a very decent man.

What do u mean about Dozzell?
Paul Cook on 19:51 - Apr 10 with 2387 viewsPendejo

Paul Cook on 19:48 - Apr 10 by N2_Blue

I hope and pray you are right.

Right now I'd take Accrington performance and result over recent 0-0s = comfy position in play offs

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Paul Cook on 19:57 - Apr 10 with 2358 viewsN2_Blue

Paul Cook on 19:49 - Apr 10 by abracaDOBRA_

What do u mean about Dozzell?

Sorry i meant Dozzell and other players 'haven't' done much to try and impress the new manager

Well i think the feeling is that you'd hope that when a new manager comes some players, those with potential or more likely to have a future at the club might try come in early, use the PR gym when the manager is about, turn up early and/or stay late after training.

It's been fairly obvious from many comments that PC has been fairly underwhelmed and somewhat disappointed about the attitude of some players towards fitness, training and what they've done to try and impress him.

Paul Cook on 20:02 - Apr 10 with 2342 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Paul Cook on 19:57 - Apr 10 by N2_Blue

Sorry i meant Dozzell and other players 'haven't' done much to try and impress the new manager

Well i think the feeling is that you'd hope that when a new manager comes some players, those with potential or more likely to have a future at the club might try come in early, use the PR gym when the manager is about, turn up early and/or stay late after training.

It's been fairly obvious from many comments that PC has been fairly underwhelmed and somewhat disappointed about the attitude of some players towards fitness, training and what they've done to try and impress him.

Oh yeah, seems only the fringe or u23s are coming into the gym to do extra time as such. Heard he was very disappointed with the work ethic, perhaps Jackson is one of them as has been banished from team today
Paul Cook on 20:15 - Apr 10 with 2286 viewsN2_Blue

Paul Cook on 20:02 - Apr 10 by abracaDOBRA_

Oh yeah, seems only the fringe or u23s are coming into the gym to do extra time as such. Heard he was very disappointed with the work ethic, perhaps Jackson is one of them as has been banished from team today

Yes exactly this.

I'm the first to admit i'm one of Dozzell's biggest critics which is why I named him (but i could have named almost anyone) but don't people find it surprising that a player with potential but struggling to transform it to match day isn't trying to do extra, sticking around after training to impress.

And saying he is knackered is not an excuse...staying out on the training pitch after team training can involve chatting with staff, other players about how they can improve, why things he is trying are not working etc.

This squad is not really interested and that is why we are seeing these performances in my opinion. New blood very much needed.

Paul Cook on 20:19 - Apr 10 with 2258 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Paul Cook on 20:15 - Apr 10 by N2_Blue

Yes exactly this.

I'm the first to admit i'm one of Dozzell's biggest critics which is why I named him (but i could have named almost anyone) but don't people find it surprising that a player with potential but struggling to transform it to match day isn't trying to do extra, sticking around after training to impress.

And saying he is knackered is not an excuse...staying out on the training pitch after team training can involve chatting with staff, other players about how they can improve, why things he is trying are not working etc.

This squad is not really interested and that is why we are seeing these performances in my opinion. New blood very much needed.

It's a weird one for me. If that was me, id be busting my gut everyday in the gym and doing extra training to show I want to be here. As little as arriving an hour early goes along way.

I guess maybe they just aren't arsed

It's an easy way to find out who deserves a new contract though.
Paul Cook on 20:29 - Apr 10 with 2211 viewspatrickswell

If Cook leaves before the majority of these players, I shall be very annoyed.
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook on 20:38 - Apr 10 with 2186 viewsN2_Blue

Paul Cook on 20:19 - Apr 10 by abracaDOBRA_

It's a weird one for me. If that was me, id be busting my gut everyday in the gym and doing extra training to show I want to be here. As little as arriving an hour early goes along way.

I guess maybe they just aren't arsed

It's an easy way to find out who deserves a new contract though.

Me too...especially if i thought i was a better player than my performances were showing and was attracting criticism from the fans....i'd go and bust my gut too!

And what peeves me more than anything about this is that seeing as we are in the midst of a pandemic and lockdown most of the time its not like they can go and do lots of stuff with family and friends and have lots of distractions away from football.

If there was ever a time you might have a bit of extra time to put in a few extra hours a week to impress new management wouldn't it be now?

Attitude just stinks for me and that is why i'm not surprised by what is happening on the pitch. I think whatever Cook tries, it ain't going to happen with these players. I'm sure he's pretty shocked by what he has found

Lambert was a terrible manager....but think he also suffered with this group of players effectively giving up.

Paul Cook on 20:39 - Apr 10 with 2181 viewsChurchman

Not in the least. If he wants to be here great. Given support, he’ll do a really good job in my view. Just the man. If he is unsure or wants out, close the door behind you as fast as possible.
Paul Cook on 21:50 - Apr 10 with 2104 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Paul Cook on 19:35 - Apr 10 by WD19

End of next Season.

I thought it was the season after?

Poll: Our final position

Paul Cook on 22:23 - Apr 10 with 2062 viewsStewart27

I wouldn’t be upset.

Lambert was given a free ride. He was then absolutely slated for the free ride he was given. When cook turned up we were on the fringes of the play offs. Is it too much to expect that he can deliver a top six finish with this group?

We have had 0 shots on target in 180 minutes of football against Rochdale and MK Dons.
Paul Cook on 22:26 - Apr 10 with 2048 viewschrismakin

Paul Cook on 22:23 - Apr 10 by Stewart27

I wouldn’t be upset.

Lambert was given a free ride. He was then absolutely slated for the free ride he was given. When cook turned up we were on the fringes of the play offs. Is it too much to expect that he can deliver a top six finish with this group?

We have had 0 shots on target in 180 minutes of football against Rochdale and MK Dons.

"Is it too much to expect that he can deliver a top six finish with this group?"

Yes, yes it is, was, and should never have been expected.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Paul Cook on 22:31 - Apr 10 with 2037 viewsEireannach_gorm

Paul Cook on 22:23 - Apr 10 by Stewart27

I wouldn’t be upset.

Lambert was given a free ride for two years, how much has Cook got?
Paul Cook on 22:53 - Apr 10 with 1990 viewsRomeo4

I’m hoping there’s nothing in all this. I would be very disappointed if Cook were to leave.

He’s not had the instant impact we all hoped for but I think most sensible people can see that’s more to do with the quality of the squad he’s inherited rather than any failing on his part. He’s been in the club for a number of weeks now and will have already been making plans for the future. That would all be wasted time if he were to walk away now.

His honesty is refreshing after all the rubbish we’ve been served up by his predecessor. Everything he’s said so far has chimed with the truth and demonstrates that he’s already identified what the issues are.

We have a major rebuilding job ahead which will take someone with a network of contacts and confidence in their own ability. I cannot think of a single person I would prefer to do the job.
Paul Cook on 23:43 - Apr 10 with 1934 viewsistanblue

Paul Cook on 19:29 - Apr 10 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

An experienced head like O'Leary and new CEO will stop that dead in its tracks.
Paul Cook on 00:14 - Apr 11 with 1904 viewspistonbroke

Paul Cook on 19:45 - Apr 10 by floridaboy

Just out of curiosity why are we even discussing whether PC stays or walks!

He is our manager, many wanted him and I am glad he is hear. We wont go up which means he can have a damn good clear out and get in who he wants and knows will moved us forward.

Dont understand why so much negativity. We knew when he came in we were not going anywhere this season!

Are you for real , when he came in we were 7th 1 point of , we had just won 3 games on the spin against teams above , we had a easy run in , yet somehow this idiot is managing to get less out of the squad than lambert
Paul Cook on 00:24 - Apr 11 with 1885 viewsian_marshall

Paul Cook on 00:14 - Apr 11 by pistonbroke

Are you for real , when he came in we were 7th 1 point of , we had just won 3 games on the spin against teams above , we had a easy run in , yet somehow this idiot is managing to get less out of the squad than lambert

Haha

Follow the town, up or down!

Paul Cook on 00:28 - Apr 11 with 1869 viewspistonbroke

Paul Cook on 22:26 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

"Is it too much to expect that he can deliver a top six finish with this group?"

What a load of bull , you were one who was always calling for lamberts head saying we should be better , cook joined 1 point of 6th with a easy run in , he is worse than lambert
Paul Cook on 00:29 - Apr 11 with 1868 viewsian_marshall

Paul Cook on 00:24 - Apr 11 by ian_marshall

Haha

Its an impossible job for cook . Most of the players know they have little chance of being here next year so they've give up. Modern day football mercenaries, they have no interest do they? I can't see any of them going anywhere and being wanted anywhere.

Follow the town, up or down!

Paul Cook on 08:45 - Apr 11 with 1729 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Paul Cook on 22:31 - Apr 10 by Eireannach_gorm

Lambert was given a free ride for two years, how much has Cook got?

A few games by the looks of things...l
Paul Cook on 09:41 - Apr 11 with 1683 viewsTexaco73

It's in Paul Cook's hands. If he wasn't aware of the full situation regarding the takeover and is now subsequently unhappy about it, then I would rather he leave.
I think we have seen enough discontentment.
ME destroyed the ethos and culture of the club starting with the appointment of Keane from the playing side. The evident lack of care and investment for the ground, facilities and presumably backroom staff also contributing to the demise of club culture, spirit and togetherness.
McCarthy came closest to restoring some sort of team togetherness without the footballing style and pedigree that was the hallmark of Ipswich teams.
The club is more than just the players and manager and it a massive job to turnaround the club as a whole top to bottom.
If Paul Cook doesn't want to give 100% now the takeover has happened and be part of this, then it's best for everyone if he walks along with all the other players who are not prepared to give everything to rebuild a team and club culture that is worthy of the history that is Ipswich Town.
Paul Cook on 09:45 - Apr 11 with 1680 viewspointofblue

Paul Cook on 22:26 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

All I’ll say is Cook himself said he would have failed if we do not make the play offs.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Paul Cook on 09:46 - Apr 11 with 1679 viewsjas0999

I believe with the right group of players Cook is the man.
Paul Cook on 09:49 - Apr 11 with 1672 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Paul Cook on 19:39 - Apr 10 by hype313

Well if you go on his record so far then you can be forgiven to think it wouldn't be an issue if he were to walk, however, it's clear that this squad is pathetic and you can never judge a manager until he has at least one window.

Also, who do we think would come in? The best pick for where we are are Cowley, Cook and Appleton, they are all out, after that it's slim pickings and worrying.

And thats it isn't it?

I'd be pi ssed if he walked. If the new owners are serious we have to be the best at everything, MO'L even said as much in his interview.

That means having the best manager available to us, and for me, thats Cook. Theres just nothing else out there, the only manager that might potentially fit us is Michael Duff at Cheltenham, but I think the state of this club needs a really experienced manager.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024