Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sounds like a club in financial distress 22:26 - Apr 15 with 7164 viewschrismakin

Not one that's just been taken over

"“I told him we are not in a position to trigger that extension to his contract and because of the situation, we won't be considering him for the remaining games.”

I'm assuming we're not of course, but that's a very random way of announcing that.

Just be honest, " We don't want to trigger the extension"

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 08:53 - Apr 16 with 1811 viewsKieran_Knows

How on earth you've come to that conclusion from that tiny statement, I do not know.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 08:57 - Apr 16 with 1796 viewsKropotkin123

They've said they don't want to hamper their negotiations for new players, and this seems to fit. Down play our financial clout at all opportunities. If no-one believes us, then no harm done. But still worth a try.

Even then, I think that is reading too much into it.

EDIT: (Just seen -11 votes... Bit overkill)

EDIT2: If possible, I think posts should limit -x to -3 and not display names thereafter. After reading a fair bit on how people get affected by impacts on their online persona. Not sure if that would be easy to code or not. But I think it would be healthier.

I use them quite flippantly, but I'm aware some take them to heart.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 9:06]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:18 - Apr 16 with 1750 viewschrismakin

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 08:27 - Apr 16 by Vic

To be fair SB Chris has been doing some of our heads in for the past 4 months with his comments on absolutely everything and nothing!

Use the ignore function. Problem solved.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:20 - Apr 16 with 1713 viewsWallingford_Boy

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 00:28 - Apr 16 by BlueBadger

...make snide remarks aout the Cowley and completely forget that you used to LOVE half arsed performances when Free Beer and Improved Football was in charge?

*sigh*

RIP Sir Bobby

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:21 - Apr 16 with 1740 viewschrismakin

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 04:55 - Apr 16 by wkj

I don't think it us that are up our own arses. You handle posts on here like a desperate youtuber resorting to scatter shot posts and clickbait. If many people are getting tired by it, maybe the problem is a bit closer to home.

Quality over quantity mate, at the moment you come across as some weird ITKDobbo character having some kind of Alex Jones identity crisis.

Sorry. Didnt know you get grades for posts on here. Must of missed that in the T&C's. Shame as the quality would have been so much better if I had.

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:27 - Apr 16 with 1717 viewsKropotkin123

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 22:48 - Apr 15 by J2BLUE

People being way too harsh on him here. He's right, that's how it sounds. He's not suggesting it's actually the case.

Yeah, just going through these posts. In isolation, they aren't bad, but if we saw them on twitter, we'd be saying how unnecessarily mean they sound in culmination.

If people are tired of his posts, there are many options available.

1 - don't open the thread
2 - Ignore the thread
3 - Ignore the user.

All of them are reversible in the future.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:30 - Apr 16 with 1702 viewschrismakin

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 08:57 - Apr 16 by Kropotkin123

They've said they don't want to hamper their negotiations for new players, and this seems to fit. Down play our financial clout at all opportunities. If no-one believes us, then no harm done. But still worth a try.

Even then, I think that is reading too much into it.

EDIT: (Just seen -11 votes... Bit overkill)

EDIT2: If possible, I think posts should limit -x to -3 and not display names thereafter. After reading a fair bit on how people get affected by impacts on their online persona. Not sure if that would be easy to code or not. But I think it would be healthier.

I use them quite flippantly, but I'm aware some take them to heart.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 9:06]

It's ok mate. You know before you post who will down vote it. It literally is funny in this case as my OP has also been said by others on twitter and facebook and a host of people agree with the sentiment of the post and have an actually discussion about it.

On here tho. It's the same egotistical bullies who think they run the board on behalf of others who will down vote you and ignore what you're actually saying just to look funny to their besties. Belittle you. Personally abuse you. Etc etc

It is funny tho. These are the same type of people that cause others to self destruct. Potentially leading to self harming etc And at that point theyll claim its sad and no one should go through that. Especially the one who apparently saves people for a living with is quite ironic given they are actually one of the main bullies on this forum.

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:31 - Apr 16 with 1691 viewsfooters

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:27 - Apr 16 by Kropotkin123

Yeah, just going through these posts. In isolation, they aren't bad, but if we saw them on twitter, we'd be saying how unnecessarily mean they sound in culmination.

If people are tired of his posts, there are many options available.

1 - don't open the thread
2 - Ignore the thread
3 - Ignore the user.

All of them are reversible in the future.

If you ignore him half the board is unreadable as you don't know what's been said. It's just him talking blabbering crap to himself over dozens of threads without a single thought put into any post.

He's been told to moderate his behaviour but refuses. If he can't understand that the forum is a shared space and that he should tone it down, then I'm not sure what to say. It's like a toddler on a sugar rush running round the place - it's exhausting.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:34 - Apr 16 with 1678 viewschrismakin

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:31 - Apr 16 by footers

If you ignore him half the board is unreadable as you don't know what's been said. It's just him talking blabbering crap to himself over dozens of threads without a single thought put into any post.

He's been told to moderate his behaviour but refuses. If he can't understand that the forum is a shared space and that he should tone it down, then I'm not sure what to say. It's like a toddler on a sugar rush running round the place - it's exhausting.

Actually the owners of the site have not told me anything.

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:35 - Apr 16 with 1669 viewsfooters

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:34 - Apr 16 by chrismakin

Actually the owners of the site have not told me anything.

I didn't say the owners of the site. Why can't you just take on board what others have politely told you?

This is a forum, not Twitter.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:37 - Apr 16 with 1660 viewsStokieBlue

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:30 - Apr 16 by chrismakin

It's ok mate. You know before you post who will down vote it. It literally is funny in this case as my OP has also been said by others on twitter and facebook and a host of people agree with the sentiment of the post and have an actually discussion about it.

On here tho. It's the same egotistical bullies who think they run the board on behalf of others who will down vote you and ignore what you're actually saying just to look funny to their besties. Belittle you. Personally abuse you. Etc etc

It is funny tho. These are the same type of people that cause others to self destruct. Potentially leading to self harming etc And at that point theyll claim its sad and no one should go through that. Especially the one who apparently saves people for a living with is quite ironic given they are actually one of the main bullies on this forum.

That's not fair though.

People have been very civil for months but there comes a time when talking to a brick wall that you have to be more direct with the point.

If you'd been willing to accept constructive criticism over that time instead of the flippant "it's a forum", "it's on social media so it's fine", "I don't care", "put me on ignore" responses then you wouldn't be in the position you are now.

Nobody is trying to silence you. People are just asking for a less scattergun approach to posting and more reasoned analysis. To play the "self-destruct" card given what people have actually said isn't particularly fair in my view.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:39 - Apr 16 with 1651 viewschrismakin

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:35 - Apr 16 by footers

I didn't say the owners of the site. Why can't you just take on board what others have politely told you?

This is a forum, not Twitter.

You're right it's not Twitter. So dont moan about post content its a forum of open opinions.

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:40 - Apr 16 with 1646 viewschrismakin

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:37 - Apr 16 by StokieBlue

That's not fair though.

People have been very civil for months but there comes a time when talking to a brick wall that you have to be more direct with the point.

If you'd been willing to accept constructive criticism over that time instead of the flippant "it's a forum", "it's on social media so it's fine", "I don't care", "put me on ignore" responses then you wouldn't be in the position you are now.

Nobody is trying to silence you. People are just asking for a less scattergun approach to posting and more reasoned analysis. To play the "self-destruct" card given what people have actually said isn't particularly fair in my view.

SB

So tell me the exactly

Yesturday... what was the problem with any of my posts yesturday..

And SB I do have a point. I was involved in a discussion about covid the other day and you jumped in literally to throw insults at me. Yet I was having some good replies with others and having a discussion about it. But you were more interested in throwing Insults.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 9:45]

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:42 - Apr 16 with 1635 viewsstopmoaning

Really bizarre post, it sounds nothing like that.
Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:46 - Apr 16 with 1620 viewsclive_baker

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:40 - Apr 16 by chrismakin

So tell me the exactly

And SB I do have a point. I was involved in a discussion about covid the other day and you jumped in literally to throw insults at me. Yet I was having some good replies with others and having a discussion about it. But you were more interested in throwing Insults.

Think it's just the volume mate, its a little relentless at times. Don't think anyone has a problem with you, so certainly don't take anything to heart. At the end of the day you're a fellow town fan and clearly passionate, good luck to you. I just think you're averaging 100 posts a day and while nobody is in a position to dictate to you how you use the board, myself included, we can be honest and say it makes things a little hard to use at times.

It's no biggie though, chill.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:47 - Apr 16 with 1613 viewsStokieBlue

So tell me the exactly

Which of the 72 posts you made yesterday should I start with?

You're not taking on board what people are saying. It's not just about yesterday, this has been going on for months now and people have tried to give constructive criticism but you ignore it.

People are trying to help.

SB

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:49 - Apr 16 with 1603 viewsStokieBlue

So tell me the exactly

That's not true though.

You posted something which was factually untrue about an ongoing pandemic which is something I take a big issue with. It's not acceptable to do that. I also didn't jump in, I had been involved in that thread long before you decided to participate. I don't think revisionism is going to help your case.

Anyway, I don't want a big argument about this so I will leave you to use the forum as you see fit.

SB
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 9:50]

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:50 - Apr 16 with 1601 viewschrismakin

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:47 - Apr 16 by StokieBlue

You're not taking on board what people are saying. It's not just about yesterday, this has been going on for months now and people have tried to give constructive criticism but you ignore it.

SB

Theres the thing I have.

People said please dont start to many threads. Si I've tried to remember to limit the amount of threads i started.

I'm not going to apologise for posts however as this is a forum and depending on how many threads have been made by others depends on how many posts I end up posting.

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:52 - Apr 16 with 1586 viewschrismakin

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:49 - Apr 16 by StokieBlue

That's not true though.

You posted something which was factually untrue about an ongoing pandemic which is something I take a big issue with. It's not acceptable to do that. I also didn't jump in, I had been involved in that thread long before you decided to participate. I don't think revisionism is going to help your case.

Anyway, I don't want a big argument about this so I will leave you to use the forum as you see fit.

SB
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 9:50]

No. I asked a genuine question to someone about where covid goes suddenly in 2 months time.

You somehow took offence to that.

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 10:10 - Apr 16 with 1540 viewsBiGDonnie

Sounds like a club in financial distress on 09:47 - Apr 16 by StokieBlue

SB

Wrong.

Kroptokin and Clive are trying to help. Everyone else on this thread is trying to mug the poor lad off.

So what if he likes posting on here? Don't like what he says, don't read it.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024