Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loving Paul Cook 17:42 - Apr 16 with 1642 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Loving Paul Cook on 17:46 - Apr 16 with 1604 viewsJ2BLUE

It's a shame we have these few games remaining. I'd be gutted if the one last act of the banter era was these clowns costing Cook his job.

I doubt it will happen and it certainly shouldn't happen but you never know.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Loving Paul Cook on 17:47 - Apr 16 with 1602 viewsMullet

This sort of braying revisionism is really classless and far too prevalent today.

It's also mostly bvllocks isn't it? This is just PC shoring up his position and fans using that as an excuse to lash out, same people, same behaviour, same lack of success.

Sooner the summer comes and with it a new project to analyse, the better.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Loving Paul Cook on 17:49 - Apr 16 with 1585 viewsBryanPlug

Loving Paul Cook on 17:46 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

It's a shame we have these few games remaining. I'd be gutted if the one last act of the banter era was these clowns costing Cook his job.

I doubt it will happen and it certainly shouldn't happen but you never know.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Loving Paul Cook on 19:08 - Apr 16 with 1414 viewsjayessess

Loving Paul Cook on 17:47 - Apr 16 by Mullet

This sort of braying revisionism is really classless and far too prevalent today.

It's also mostly bvllocks isn't it? This is just PC shoring up his position and fans using that as an excuse to lash out, same people, same behaviour, same lack of success.

There's seemingly a lot of joy to be had in imagining punishments for the players. I'm not sure what good it does.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Loving Paul Cook on 20:06 - Apr 16 with 1342 viewsSwansea_Blue

Part of me still wonders what if. We were on a little run before he joined and it would be peak Evans if we've thrown away our chance of going up this year. It was a slim chance, granted, but get in the POs and you never know, as our defence is strong enough to have given us a chance. Looks like we've completely given up on the idea though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Loving Paul Cook on 20:21 - Apr 16 with 1303 viewsreusersfreekicks

Loving Paul Cook on 17:47 - Apr 16 by Mullet

Does feel like he's beginning to play to the crowd a bit, the majority of whom are lapping it up. I don't buy it that ALL the players have such a terrible attitude and ethos. Looks more to be result of too many years of low standards, low expectations and rubbish coaching.
Loving Paul Cook on 20:54 - Apr 16 with 1235 viewssouthnorfolkblue

It feels like reverse Lambert to me. I wasn’t interested in Lamberts PR stunts when he came and the same applies to this approach. Talk is cheap. Actions on the pitch next season say much much more.

It’s also easier to be blunt when you know that you have got a war chest to spend in the summer rather than scrabbling around for freebies that may or may not be better than what you have already got.

Poll: Our final position

Loving Paul Cook on 21:25 - Apr 16 with 1150 viewsBlueBadger

'He just gets us', eh?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Loving Paul Cook on 21:48 - Apr 16 with 1109 viewsrgp1

Loving Paul Cook on 20:54 - Apr 16 by southnorfolkblue

It feels like reverse Lambert to me. I wasn’t interested in Lamberts PR stunts when he came and the same applies to this approach. Talk is cheap. Actions on the pitch next season say much much more.

It’s also easier to be blunt when you know that you have got a war chest to spend in the summer rather than scrabbling around for freebies that may or may not be better than what you have already got.

The worry is now is that we could implode for the remaining 6 games. It appears the manager is walking around looking for gas leaks whilst striking a box of matches.

People seem to have forgotten that this is by and large the same squad that was 10 unbeaten at the start of last season and got 50 points in 30 games under Lambert this season.

I'm not defending him but the Cook love in seems to have been blindsided by nostalgia and the promise of a pot of gold.

If these players are so bad then why are we not in the bottom 4?
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 21:49]
Loving Paul Cook on 22:05 - Apr 16 with 1072 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Loving Paul Cook on 21:25 - Apr 16 by BlueBadger

'He just gets us', eh?

Who are you quoting?
Loving Paul Cook on 00:00 - Apr 17 with 940 viewsBlueBadger

Loving Paul Cook on 22:05 - Apr 16 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Who are you quoting?

Everyone who fell for PRP.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Loving Paul Cook on 00:21 - Apr 17 with 919 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Loving Paul Cook on 00:00 - Apr 17 by BlueBadger

Everyone who fell for PRP.

Oh ok... we were all guilty weren't we.
Loving Paul Cook on 00:26 - Apr 17 with 903 viewsBlueBadger

Loving Paul Cook on 00:21 - Apr 17 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Oh ok... we were all guilty weren't we.

You speak for yourself here.

The Free Beer and Improved Football Era was about the only time one should say that yes, they were on Team Bluefish from early doors.

Loving Paul Cook on 01:00 - Apr 17 with 870 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Loving Paul Cook on 00:26 - Apr 17 by BlueBadger

You speak for yourself here.

The Free Beer and Improved Football Era was about the only time one should say that yes, they were on Team Bluefish from early doors.

You never once thought that he would be a good manager for us or that he was saying the right things in his early press conferences?
Loving Paul Cook on 01:28 - Apr 17 with 829 viewspointofblue

Loving Paul Cook on 01:00 - Apr 17 by King_ding_a_lin_g

You never once thought that he would be a good manager for us or that he was saying the right things in his early press conferences?

Apologies for speaking on BlueBadger’s behalf, and I take no pleasure in saying it, but it was obvious that Lambert would be a disaster from the off. To be fair to him he got more out of the squad than Hurst did, which is an early improvement on what Cook has managed with the current lot who supposedly have higher quality compared to our level, but relentless failure after failure at the likes of Blackburn, Wolves and Stoke meant we should have steered clear. Wasn’t Warnock free at that point?

As an aside, the constant vilification of the players in making me feel uncomfortable now. Yes, as a unit they are failing as a club but maybe some of this should be kept behind closed doors? A simple “they’re fighting for the futures and still need to prove themselves to me” would have done today. I have no issue with the post Wimbledon outburst but considering he’s had time to supposedly cool down it seemed calculated, cold and making sure he took none of the blame whatsoever for what has taken place over the past ten matches.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Loving Paul Cook on 01:48 - Apr 17 with 810 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Loving Paul Cook on 01:28 - Apr 17 by pointofblue

Apologies for speaking on BlueBadger’s behalf, and I take no pleasure in saying it, but it was obvious that Lambert would be a disaster from the off. To be fair to him he got more out of the squad than Hurst did, which is an early improvement on what Cook has managed with the current lot who supposedly have higher quality compared to our level, but relentless failure after failure at the likes of Blackburn, Wolves and Stoke meant we should have steered clear. Wasn’t Warnock free at that point?

As an aside, the constant vilification of the players in making me feel uncomfortable now. Yes, as a unit they are failing as a club but maybe some of this should be kept behind closed doors? A simple “they’re fighting for the futures and still need to prove themselves to me” would have done today. I have no issue with the post Wimbledon outburst but considering he’s had time to supposedly cool down it seemed calculated, cold and making sure he took none of the blame whatsoever for what has taken place over the past ten matches.

I couldn't agree more with you on Cook.

I'm uncomfortable with how public it has all become and I think he is massively contradicting himself by apparently refusing to 'throw players under the bus' whilst collectively... throwing the players as far under the bus as he possibly can.
Loving Paul Cook on 03:33 - Apr 17 with 748 viewsBlueBadger

Loving Paul Cook on 01:00 - Apr 17 by King_ding_a_lin_g

A combination of both of the above.

He was a chancer who had a record of near-constant failure since leaving Norwich who had a good line in PR.

Loving Paul Cook on 03:51 - Apr 17 with 747 viewschrismakin

Loving Paul Cook on 01:28 - Apr 17 by pointofblue

"making sure he took none of the blame whatsoever for what has taken place over the past ten matches."

I would disagree with this slightly, and I appreciate they are just sound bites, but he does include himself and his staff in our lack of results quite often and has also said he expected himself to be able to get us into the playoffs.

I would though imagine he has bitten his lip a lot over the past few weeks, we have heard from many people who have been able to give a bit of info into the lack of efforts with training, no one taking it on themselves to turn up early, or stay on late, do some extra work on their own fitness levels etc.

He was very adamant Tuesday was 'the' game of the season in his eyes since he's been here and by the looks of it, he's felt completely let down by a large majority of players.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024