Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All English teams withdraw from ESL 23:03 - Apr 20 with 2074 viewsStokieBlue

Didn't last long then.

Not sure they are going to get off the hook that easily though, all very well making a statement that the fans are important after you've clearly indicated that they aren't.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 23:07 - Apr 20 with 2028 viewswkj

Gives us an opportunity to join though!

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 23:10 - Apr 20 with 2005 viewsvapour_trail

Arsenal the only one to apologise.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 23:11 - Apr 20 with 1997 viewswkj

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 23:10 - Apr 20 by vapour_trail

Arsenal the only one to apologise.

Ben Woodward resigning is surely an apology for Man U fans.

Edit - Ed

My mate is called Ben Woodward, so always making that slip.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 23:12]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 23:11 - Apr 20 with 2000 viewsZXBlue

Watch them engage the leverage for a move further towards closed shop prem and CL.
All English teams withdraw from ESL on 23:12 - Apr 20 with 1985 viewsvapour_trail

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 23:11 - Apr 20 by wkj

Edit - Ed

Not at all. Just the sacrificial lamb from the glazers.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 23:13 - Apr 20 with 1987 viewsSuffolktractor

I suspect there will be a sting in the tail later and they will persuade UEFA and or the Premier League that their magnanimous decision on behalf of fans of the beautiful game means they should have extra candy going forward.
All English teams withdraw from ESL on 23:13 - Apr 20 with 1980 viewsHARRY10

A good many snouts will be put out, having seen the trough taken away before they got stuck in

And a good few many advisors and lawyers have earned a fair whack off these greedy cants

And a lesson that should be learned by our US 'friends' is you cannot serve up contrived costume dramas like NFL to parts of the world that have grown up with competitive sport
All English teams withdraw from ESL on 23:14 - Apr 20 with 1970 viewsStokieBlue

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 23:11 - Apr 20 by ZXBlue

Watch them engage the leverage for a move further towards closed shop prem and CL.

Not sure they have that much leverage at the moment though.

Guardiola wasn't impressed for instance, he said that sports without risk (ie. relegation) wasn't sport.

Guess we will see.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 23:16 - Apr 20 with 1950 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They have no leverage!

If there was such a thing as negative leverage... they have that! Lol

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 23:29 - Apr 20 with 1848 viewsHARRY10

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 23:16 - Apr 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

They have no leverage!

If there was such a thing as negative leverage... they have that! Lol

Any attempt will be seen in the light of this greed inspired highjack

The emphasis will now be on mending fences, rather than having another go

meanwhile I would like to express my deepest sympathy (on behalf of many on here)towards all those behind the EPL and the money this will have cost them

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 23:39 - Apr 20 with 1800 viewsMr_J

So the shameless self serving tossers have bottled it...for now. Don't believe a word of the apologies, they were ballsy enough to attempt it in the first place. They will regroup and try again by dressing it up differently.

It's almost funny watching fans of the "big 6" only now kick up a fuss when it's clearly been heading this way for years. Decades of gleefully encouraging their own clubs to recklessly outspend each other has created this mess.
All English teams withdraw from ESL on 00:09 - Apr 21 with 1721 viewsRyorry

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 23:14 - Apr 20 by StokieBlue

Guardiola wasn't impressed for instance, he said that sports without risk (ie. relegation) wasn't sport.

Guess we will see.

SB

Well said Guardiola, he's absolutely right. Excitement in sport is key, & the biggest excitement in football, apart from cup competitions, is promotion & relegation up & down the leagues (despite us having had the wrong kind of excitement in recent years ...).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 07:29 - Apr 21 with 1533 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 23:39 - Apr 20 by Mr_J

So the shameless self serving tossers have bottled it...for now. Don't believe a word of the apologies, they were ballsy enough to attempt it in the first place. They will regroup and try again by dressing it up differently.

It's almost funny watching fans of the "big 6" only now kick up a fuss when it's clearly been heading this way for years. Decades of gleefully encouraging their own clubs to recklessly outspend each other has created this mess.

They've already done it...

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 07:56 - Apr 21 with 1461 viewsZXBlue

Guess we will see.

SB

hasn't stopped all the other anti competitive stuff to benefit the top end of the prem. No FFP, EPPP, Academies, Parachute payments, loan system.
All English teams withdraw from ESL on 08:20 - Apr 21 with 1410 viewsMeadowlark

"ENGAGE THE LEVERAGE?"
All English teams withdraw from ESL on 08:32 - Apr 21 with 1393 viewsMeadowlark

Guess we will see.

SB

"Guardiola wasn't impressed for instance, he said that sports without risk (ie. relegation) wasn't sport."

Agreed.

Just like Formula 1, eh?
All English teams withdraw from ESL on 08:38 - Apr 21 with 1367 viewsKeno

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 23:11 - Apr 20 by wkj

Edit - Ed

you have a mate who is CEO at Man U?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 09:32 - Apr 21 with 1311 viewsJ2BLUE

It's great stuff. Someone on the ESL board said they were "relaxed" about the backlash because they expected it. Now they've released a catty statement saying the Engilsh clubs were "forced to take such decisions due to the pressure put on them". Meow! How dare people make a stand?

I genuinely wish bad things for those who came up with this and drove it forwards. Nothing physical, no illnesses or anything but some wonderful karma where these money worshippers go bankrupt.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 09:37 - Apr 21 with 1300 viewsbluelagos

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 09:32 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

It's great stuff. Someone on the ESL board said they were "relaxed" about the backlash because they expected it. Now they've released a catty statement saying the Engilsh clubs were "forced to take such decisions due to the pressure put on them". Meow! How dare people make a stand?

I genuinely wish bad things for those who came up with this and drove it forwards. Nothing physical, no illnesses or anything but some wonderful karma where these money worshippers go bankrupt.

Yet you'll continue with your sky subscription J2?

Not a dig at you J2 - just an observation that as long as fans fund these crooks, they'll continue laughing all the way to the bank without a genuine care in the world for football and it's traditions/roots.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 09:41 - Apr 21 with 1274 viewsJ2BLUE

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 09:37 - Apr 21 by bluelagos

Yet you'll continue with your sky subscription J2?

Not a dig at you J2 - just an observation that as long as fans fund these crooks, they'll continue laughing all the way to the bank without a genuine care in the world for football and it's traditions/roots.

I will have to think long and hard about that. I love football. I watch other sports too so it really would be painful to get rid.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

All English teams withdraw from ESL on 09:48 - Apr 21 with 1242 viewsBluefish

It was never real for me. It was the ultimate bluff and it has backfired. They are now very exposed

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024