Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. 11:27 - Apr 29 with 17488 viewsTieDyedIn95

“If I was to carry on with the group of people I have here, I have no doubt they will get me sacked quite quickly.

“So the reality of my conversation is that I will not put up with that group of people and the changes will come very quickly. So if we could just clear that up.”

Utterly damning of the people we have recruited. It's refreshing to hear after years of being told how good we are, if it only wasn't for injuries we'd be fine and so on. Hurst alluded to this, Lambert's biggest mistake was to go with it and try and work with them rather than challenge the culture of failure here, until the last few weeks of his management.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:55 - Apr 30 with 1667 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:47 - Apr 30 by patrickswell

Cook came in talking about going for the top 2 and the squad, by and large, didn't want to care because it would mean trying a bit harder than the "just about enough" that too many have put in over the last year. That could be because they're mentally weary after the last few years, but I think that combined with things like the aborted double training session flabbergasted Cook. And there's the rub, I think - Cook also expected to be there or thereabouts...and none of them have done anything to help him or us get there.

That double training session thing seems so overplayed to me - how many teams are doing that at this stage of the season? Especially when having 8 midweek games in 9 weeks or whatever it was.

SOunds as though he's hugely disappointed with the conditioning - but that's a failure of previous regime as they set S&C plans.

Feels as though he got it wrong with whatever he did when he came in to go for promotion this season - as long as he gets the summer right and next year right then it won't matter a jot, but he's made mistakes here for things to go as they have

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:04 - Apr 30 with 1636 viewsBryanPlug

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:47 - Apr 30 by patrickswell

Cook came in talking about going for the top 2 and the squad, by and large, didn't want to care because it would mean trying a bit harder than the "just about enough" that too many have put in over the last year. That could be because they're mentally weary after the last few years, but I think that combined with things like the aborted double training session flabbergasted Cook. And there's the rub, I think - Cook also expected to be there or thereabouts...and none of them have done anything to help him or us get there.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:08 - Apr 30 with 1635 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:55 - Apr 30 by itfcjoe

That double training session thing seems so overplayed to me - how many teams are doing that at this stage of the season? Especially when having 8 midweek games in 9 weeks or whatever it was.

SOunds as though he's hugely disappointed with the conditioning - but that's a failure of previous regime as they set S&C plans.

Feels as though he got it wrong with whatever he did when he came in to go for promotion this season - as long as he gets the summer right and next year right then it won't matter a jot, but he's made mistakes here for things to go as they have

I feel it's amazing that professional sportsmen couldn't handle a double training session. I take your point that's a failure of the previous regime (or two).

I genuinely think Cook was on a hiding to nothing, it had got that low. You know he's a good manager. Like you, I wanted the Cowleys, but I'm not sure even Pep would've done much better. We've reached a zenith, thank fook for the takeover. We'd have disappeared along the lines of Notts County.

Some people disagree with me, but I think we've been going downhill since Keane. Mick was brilliant at stemming that, but even so.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:12 - Apr 30 with 1623 viewsBryanPlug

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:08 - Apr 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

I feel it's amazing that professional sportsmen couldn't handle a double training session. I take your point that's a failure of the previous regime (or two).

I genuinely think Cook was on a hiding to nothing, it had got that low. You know he's a good manager. Like you, I wanted the Cowleys, but I'm not sure even Pep would've done much better. We've reached a zenith, thank fook for the takeover. We'd have disappeared along the lines of Notts County.

Some people disagree with me, but I think we've been going downhill since Keane. Mick was brilliant at stemming that, but even so.

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:20 - Apr 30 with 1611 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:08 - Apr 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

Clubs will barely be training at this stage of the season, with midweek games you just tick over - no one will be doing double sessions - it's too late now. It's not about being unfit it's about being at the end of a ridiculously scheduled season

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:22 - Apr 30 with 1608 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:04 - Apr 30 by BryanPlug

DO you honestly think a squad of players with a few weeks left on their contract think they can get a manager who has just signed a 3 year deal sacked?

I know you are desperate for this all to be Chambers fault, if Cook offers him a new deal what will you think - if Cook can do no wrong, and Chambers is totally responsible for all our failings then how will you square Cook wanting to keep him around?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:27 - Apr 30 with 1589 viewsChurchman

It’s actually been going downhill since Sheepshanks mismanaged the club into bankruptcy then sold it to Evans. MM and JR before him did well to stem the decline for a while, but the rot began nearly 20 years ago.

Hopefully our fortunes will start to change in 10 days time.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:30 - Apr 30 with 1582 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:27 - Apr 30 by Churchman

It’s actually been going downhill since Sheepshanks mismanaged the club into bankruptcy then sold it to Evans. MM and JR before him did well to stem the decline for a while, but the rot began nearly 20 years ago.

Hopefully our fortunes will start to change in 10 days time.

Evans never knew what he was doing, and never employed people or empowered people who could.

Mick was a proper 'club' manager who could keep the whole ship going in the right direction, an unenviable and as it turned out, thankless, task

The new owners, merely by appointing Ashton, have shown more acumen and sense in 13 weeks than Evans showed in 13 years

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:07 - Apr 30 with 1540 viewsBryanPlug

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:22 - Apr 30 by itfcjoe

DO you honestly think a squad of players with a few weeks left on their contract think they can get a manager who has just signed a 3 year deal sacked?

I know you are desperate for this all to be Chambers fault, if Cook offers him a new deal what will you think - if Cook can do no wrong, and Chambers is totally responsible for all our failings then how will you square Cook wanting to keep him around?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:12 - Apr 30 with 1514 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:07 - Apr 30 by BryanPlug

He doesn't get blind devotion, he probably gets more criticism than any player in our squad.

Comparing Baggott's performance in a Youth Cup tie is a bit silly, the levels are totally different and you don't play nearly 800 games in the football league if you aren't good, but that doesn't mean you can go on forever and his time as a regular starter is up, and there will barely be an ITFC fan that disagrees with that.

The role of a captain is massively overstated by some, everyone he plays with thinks he's a great captain which tells its own story - most of his responsibilities are off the pitch

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:14 - Apr 30 with 1501 viewshaynes_toe1

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 20:24 - Apr 30 by itfcjoe

It’s not so much a lack of patience, it’s just a massive disappointment at just quite how badly things have gone. I wasn’t expecting him to win every game, but thought he’d keep us there or thereabouts for top 6, and starting to look a bit better.

I expected more, and personally I don’t like the comments he’s making about it all. I am looking forward to the summer and next season, but feel Cook has made things more difficult for himself

This is exactly how I see it.
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:18 - Apr 30 with 1502 viewsBryanPlug

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:12 - Apr 30 by itfcjoe

He doesn't get blind devotion, he probably gets more criticism than any player in our squad.

Comparing Baggott's performance in a Youth Cup tie is a bit silly, the levels are totally different and you don't play nearly 800 games in the football league if you aren't good, but that doesn't mean you can go on forever and his time as a regular starter is up, and there will barely be an ITFC fan that disagrees with that.

The role of a captain is massively overstated by some, everyone he plays with thinks he's a great captain which tells its own story - most of his responsibilities are off the pitch

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:29 - Apr 30 with 1481 viewstractorboy1978

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 21:20 - Apr 30 by itfcjoe

Clubs will barely be training at this stage of the season, with midweek games you just tick over - no one will be doing double sessions - it's too late now. It's not about being unfit it's about being at the end of a ridiculously scheduled season

It was commonly thought they weren't fit enough long before the end of this season. I am not necessarily saying that's their fault, they were conditioned to play the walking pace football Lambert seemed to employ. But you can't really criticise Cook for wanting to come in and play with more intensity. And that's the nub of it, they can't do what he wants them to. We seem to get overrun by everyone we play - and everyone is the same boat with regards to this season.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 22:33]
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:30 - Apr 30 with 1480 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:18 - Apr 30 by BryanPlug

Baggott is at Kings Lynn on loan and they've conceded 12 in his last 4 games, He's got great potential and hopefully we'll see him soon (even this season if possible) but he's got a long way to go still.

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:35 - Apr 30 with 1459 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:29 - Apr 30 by tractorboy1978

It was commonly thought they weren't fit enough long before the end of this season. I am not necessarily saying that's their fault, they were conditioned to play the walking pace football Lambert seemed to employ. But you can't really criticise Cook for wanting to come in and play with more intensity. And that's the nub of it, they can't do what he wants them to. We seem to get overrun by everyone we play - and everyone is the same boat with regards to this season.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 22:33]

I'm not criticising him for wanting him to do more in game, but guess him trying to do double sessions and likes at this stage of season was never going to work and he should have been aware.

But ultimately Lambert sacked the conditioning guy months ago and we had assistant managers leading fitness drills with 5 first half muscle injuries in 6 games earlier this season.....it's no wonder we aren't in great shape.....but he does have to try and work with what he has

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:44 - Apr 30 with 1445 viewsSwansea_Blue

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 22:35 - Apr 30 by itfcjoe

I'm not criticising him for wanting him to do more in game, but guess him trying to do double sessions and likes at this stage of season was never going to work and he should have been aware.

But ultimately Lambert sacked the conditioning guy months ago and we had assistant managers leading fitness drills with 5 first half muscle injuries in 6 games earlier this season.....it's no wonder we aren't in great shape.....but he does have to try and work with what he has

Yeah, it's a bit naive to think you can come in at the back end of the season and suddenly turn around the fitness of players who've been playing twice a week. All they should be doing at this stage is warm downs and light training to give them time to recover.

Cook seems like a throwback to the past. Players don't like that approach these days and if he can't get them onside and build their confidence they won't perform for him no matter how much he shouts at them and slags them off in public.

I'm surprised by his approach and don't particularly like it either. But let's see if it works, as he's earned a chance because of his track record. Anyone else coming in and behaving like this though, I'd think they were a headcase.

Hopefully he can have a good summer and turn around the mood, but I wouldn't be surprised if this goes a bit tits up.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:09 - Apr 30 with 1428 viewstextbackup

I find it incredible that these players haven't upped their game for a new manager, says only one thing to me, regardless of the division we were to find ourselves in, they just don't want to be here.

which is even more strange considering we've just been taken over, and if they'd put in a shift they had one foot in the door already and their agents could have got them a few quid more a week.

im confused by it all, I really am.

we had a bunch of players who were working under lambert, and all the stories we are told, by those ITK, lambert had created a horrible atmosphere here.

total guess work, but my thinking is that cook came in full of bounce and was expecting the same, he went for that approach, they didn't respond.... he went for the arm round the shoulder approach, they didn't respond..... he went for the angry approach, they didn't respond.... he sat back and thought most of this lot are gone in the summer, fck them, they are getting it lock stock, and both barrels the unprofessional lazy work shy cnts.

gutted we ddnt push on, and reach the PO..... but honestly, to see the players that took us down, and fail us weekly for 2 seasons get called out for what they are is delightful.

I personally hope the fail to secure further contracts, and if they do, and our paths cross again, I hope they are booed. never hated a group of players like I do these. individually and collectively they are failures.

(obviously a few of them would shine within the right team, and im in full support of cook to put that team together)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:42 - Apr 30 with 1404 viewsreusersfreekicks

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 16:26 - Apr 30 by chrismakin

Based on how PC has always conducted himself in all of his previous roles. There must be some serious player issues for him to be this strong about things. Almost like he has taken it personally.

We dont know what goes on and this may sound stupid but it is me.

But I remember watching 'dream team's yes a made up programme however alot of the story lines involved true life events from various clubs.. ignoring the murders etc for viewing effect.

But there was one series which concentrated on a squad who did everything they could to get the new manager sacked. Now. Let's be honest since day 1 of PC going in we have not seen anything from the players... for someone so successful as a manager its been very bizarre for him to have had 0 effect on results since walking through the door.

It really does make me think and why he us so open about the lack of care etc is because he feels personally attacked by the players behind the scenes.

Guesswork.....yet again
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:43 - Apr 30 with 1400 viewspistonbroke

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:09 - Apr 30 by textbackup

I find it incredible that these players haven't upped their game for a new manager, says only one thing to me, regardless of the division we were to find ourselves in, they just don't want to be here.

which is even more strange considering we've just been taken over, and if they'd put in a shift they had one foot in the door already and their agents could have got them a few quid more a week.

im confused by it all, I really am.

we had a bunch of players who were working under lambert, and all the stories we are told, by those ITK, lambert had created a horrible atmosphere here.

total guess work, but my thinking is that cook came in full of bounce and was expecting the same, he went for that approach, they didn't respond.... he went for the arm round the shoulder approach, they didn't respond..... he went for the angry approach, they didn't respond.... he sat back and thought most of this lot are gone in the summer, fck them, they are getting it lock stock, and both barrels the unprofessional lazy work shy cnts.

gutted we ddnt push on, and reach the PO..... but honestly, to see the players that took us down, and fail us weekly for 2 seasons get called out for what they are is delightful.

I personally hope the fail to secure further contracts, and if they do, and our paths cross again, I hope they are booed. never hated a group of players like I do these. individually and collectively they are failures.

(obviously a few of them would shine within the right team, and im in full support of cook to put that team together)

Fair comment but what has cook shown that he has the ability to turn it around , he has gobbled off that the squad is to big , but even with a big squad he has taken us backwards , to me he is blaming the players to cover up his own failure , if he was that good we would not be going backwards
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:46 - Apr 30 with 1400 viewschrismakin

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:42 - Apr 30 by reusersfreekicks

Guesswork.....yet again

Well yes. Didnt say it wasnt

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:48 - Apr 30 with 1399 viewschrismakin

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:43 - Apr 30 by pistonbroke

Fair comment but what has cook shown that he has the ability to turn it around , he has gobbled off that the squad is to big , but even with a big squad he has taken us backwards , to me he is blaming the players to cover up his own failure , if he was that good we would not be going backwards

Many years of success through rebuilding squads to the level required for promotion. Recent success not a Lambert type success from 50 years ago

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:49 - Apr 30 with 1397 viewsreusersfreekicks

He's a youth player ffs. Absolute nonsense
Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:53 - Apr 30 with 1394 viewstextbackup

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 23:43 - Apr 30 by pistonbroke

fair question, and as yet all I can base any hope or dream on is that he has a very good CV, and has highlighted the problems with this current lot.

id hazard a guess that he has already got a player or two verbally agreeing to sign for us, players he know will walk in and instantly take responsibility on their shoulders.

any new manager, imo, deserves full support. for me he hasn't even come close to me swaying from that.

hes certainly stuck a target on his back for some tho, and I get that. needs to hit the ground at 100mph next season or I can see a few really going against him
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 23:55]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 01:34 - May 1 with 1351 viewsSpruceMoose

Christ alive. You self proclaimed real footballing men really don't get much right.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Paul Cook is utterly shaming our players today. on 08:23 - May 1 with 1268 viewshaynes_toe1

Jesus christ, different class?!?

Hes on loan at KINGS LYNN. Not only that, they ship goals for fun.

The anti-chambers bandwagon on here has had some stupid comments before but this one takes the stupid biscuit and adds some stupid sprinkles to make it a super stupid biscuit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024