Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... 20:03 - May 3 with 7549 viewsitfcjoe

Keep
Edwards (Or at least try to)
Bishop
Nydam
El Mizouni
Gibbs
Andoh
O'Reilly
Healy

Release
Ward
Chambers
Wilson
Skuse
Jackson
Donacien
Judge
Sears
Huws
Nsiala
Drinan
Wright
Przybek
Morris
Z Brown
Folami
Clements
K Brown
Hughes
White

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 21:44 - May 3 with 1963 viewsReuser_is_God

No way on this earth should we keep Edwards.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 21:57 - May 3 with 1910 viewsJimmy86

Joe, you didn't mention Lankester, what's the score with him? Know he's had awful luck with injuries. To get a stress fracture in his back at a young age is not good
Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 22:01 - May 3 with 1897 viewsArnieM

I think Edwards is being such a tit because he’s got an offer somewhere else ..... won’t miss him . He can’t tackle
Can’t keep possession
Defends poorly when tracking back
Can’t cross the ball for toffees

‘Nuff said .... cheerio 👋
[Post edited 3 May 2021 22:02]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 22:06 - May 3 with 1868 viewsHorsham

Seems to make sense. Any idea if PC is targeting an 18 man squad? Is it still a limit of 20 over 21s?

If it’s a yes to those then I guess his 18 would ideally be 2 keepers, 3 full backs, 3 centre backs, 3 central kids, 5 attacking midfielders/wingers and 2 strikers:

So including the already contracted.

Keepers - Holy and Cornell (neither good enough to be #1 - one out and a new one in)

1 signing needed

Fullbacks - KVY and Kenny which leaves us one short and given KVY can play better both sides and also has a pretty horrendous injury record here, we need a bloody good right back to come in. Still think trusting Kenlock is a bit of stretch.

1 maybe 2 signings needed.

Centre Backs - Woolfie and Ndaba. Like Kenlock it seems a leap of faith to trust Ndaba however good he’s been at Ayr. Pretty sure he’s over 21 too. He might be in a spot of bother if we can’t trust him.

1-2 signings needed

Centre Mid

Downes and Dozzell (I think Nolan might be used a bit further up if it all)

1 signing needed (it’ll be Evans obvs)

Attacking Midfielders/ wingers

Bishop and Nolan for #10, Edwards wide.

2 wingers needed (they’ll need to be very good - no idea who though)

Strikers

Norwood and Hawkins. Hawkins will either have to go or be squeezed in as an extra somehow.

1 bloody good signings needed (no idea who)

So to summarise 1 keeper, 2 full backs, 1 centre back, 1 centre midfield, 2 wingers, 1 forward so 8 signings. Really need quality over quantity. Even with as few as 8 if I’ve counted right that makes 21 over 21s so one too many (if that is still a rule).
Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 22:06 - May 3 with 1867 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 21:15 - May 3 by Stewart27

No, as Joe hasn’t mentioned the 6 loanees which will obviously/hopefully be gone also.

True, but I still think that leaves 20 odd players:

Holy
Cornell
Woolfenden
Norwood
Nolan
Lankester? Has he already gone?
Ndaba
Downes
Dozzell
Vincent-Young
Kenlock
Hawkins
Dobra
McGavin
Baggott
Simpson
Crowe? or has he gone already?
Smith
Edwards
Bishop
Nydam
El Mizouni
Gibbs
Andoh
O'Reilly
Healy

Then you have:
Crane
Chirewa
Siziba
Armin
Manly
as well.

I make that 20 who would expect to be in the first team squad and a few who would hope to. If we are bringing players in (which seems certain), surely we will also need to shift more of these out too. We don't want another unmanageable 35-man squad.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 22:08 - May 3 with 1859 viewsjayessess

What's making you think Andoh, O'Reilly and Healy are getting extensions Joe? None of them have ever made a matchday squad for a league match, IIRC.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 22:12 - May 3 with 1851 viewsitfcjoe

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 22:08 - May 3 by jayessess

What's making you think Andoh, O'Reilly and Healy are getting extensions Joe? None of them have ever made a matchday squad for a league match, IIRC.

Andoh kicked on a lot in 23s and Cook has liked what he has seen of him from what I hear - think he was very close to travelling to Wigan and been converted from CB to RB and physically excellent getting up and down.

Healy and O’Reilly both missed majority of this season with injury and were 3rd year scholars, think they’ll get another year as both had been highly rated previously so will get an opportunity I think - for 23s not 1st team though

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 22:14 - May 3 with 1827 viewsitfcjoe

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 21:57 - May 3 by Jimmy86

Joe, you didn't mention Lankester, what's the score with him? Know he's had awful luck with injuries. To get a stress fracture in his back at a young age is not good

He’s still got another year in his deal, is injured currently.

I don’t see why we’d pay him up to move him on, but who knows what is happening - I’d expect him to be here personally but may be wide of the mark

Login to get fewer ads

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 22:39 - May 3 with 1738 viewswkj

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:15 - May 3 by J2BLUE

I like Bishop and feel for him but it's time to cut our losses IMO.

He's one I could see us getting rid of and then going to the Championship and succeeding. Just can't see it happening here for him now.

I think Bishop is an important player, and Edwards - I feel both of those players will play much better with a better team around them - however at the moment they are way short of the mark.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 23:12 - May 3 with 1677 viewsreusersfreekicks

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:10 - May 3 by itfcjoe

Bit of both as heard a couple of tidbits from what I've heard re the youngsters - but mainly a hunch

None of the senior centre halfs?
Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 23:27 - May 3 with 1647 viewsEl_Fenix

I expect that Edwards will choose to leave and that Nsiala will stay.

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 00:01 - May 4 with 1605 viewsIllinoisblue

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 23:27 - May 3 by El_Fenix

I expect that Edwards will choose to leave and that Nsiala will stay.

Edwards will need a good agent. He has one good game in 10

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 01:31 - May 4 with 1548 viewsStenvict

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 00:01 - May 4 by Illinoisblue

Edwards will need a good agent. He has one good game in 10

...years

Poll: What will be announced first?

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 06:14 - May 4 with 1492 viewsBondiBlue

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:10 - May 3 by itfcjoe

Bit of both as heard a couple of tidbits from what I've heard re the youngsters - but mainly a hunch

What about the transfer list or 'can leave' list as cook put it?

Poll: Which would you accept?

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 06:27 - May 4 with 1477 viewsgordon

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 22:06 - May 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

True, but I still think that leaves 20 odd players:

Holy
Cornell
Woolfenden
Norwood
Nolan
Lankester? Has he already gone?
Ndaba
Downes
Dozzell
Vincent-Young
Kenlock
Hawkins
Dobra
McGavin
Baggott
Simpson
Crowe? or has he gone already?
Smith
Edwards
Bishop
Nydam
El Mizouni
Gibbs
Andoh
O'Reilly
Healy

Then you have:
Crane
Chirewa
Siziba
Armin
Manly
as well.

I make that 20 who would expect to be in the first team squad and a few who would hope to. If we are bringing players in (which seems certain), surely we will also need to shift more of these out too. We don't want another unmanageable 35-man squad.

Would expect Hawkins, Kenlock, McGavin and Crowe to move on even though they're under contract, and maybe it's unlikely that Edwards will stay.
Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 06:44 - May 4 with 1451 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Think that’s likely to be about right. Will be interesting to see if they bother taking the option up on Jackson given the money turned down previously. With the amount of free transfers and (presumably) a relatively illiquid market, like you, I expect they won’t bother.
Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 07:32 - May 4 with 1375 viewsitfcjoe

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 23:12 - May 3 by reusersfreekicks

None of the senior centre halfs?

Wilson would be the one I’m not sure on, presuming he is injured.

Toto and Chambers not playing behind McGuinness tells you all need to know about their future

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 08:30 - May 4 with 1275 viewsPositivelyPortman

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 21:06 - May 3 by itfcjoe

I’m saying what I think will happen, not what I want to

Cheer up honeybunch

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 08:37 - May 4 with 1243 viewsDubtractor

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 07:32 - May 4 by itfcjoe

Toto and Chambers not playing behind McGuinness tells you all need to know about their future

I actually think Chambers looked better as a right back earlier in the season than at cb recently.

He didn't look too sharp at all as a cb.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 08:40 - May 4 with 1239 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Bishop is not out of contract.
Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 08:51 - May 4 with 1198 viewsclive_baker

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 08:40 - May 4 by BlueBlueBluex2

Bishop is not out of contract.

I’m sure he is. The club has an option for another year, but it’s unclear if they’ll take it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 09:08 - May 4 with 1152 viewsSteve_M

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 08:37 - May 4 by Dubtractor

I actually think Chambers looked better as a right back earlier in the season than at cb recently.

He didn't look too sharp at all as a cb.

He's lost the physicality to play there unfortunately, although moving positions in a side that's a bit of a mess isn't straightforward either.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 09:13 - May 4 with 1135 viewsParsley

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 07:32 - May 4 by itfcjoe

I think the fact that Wilson was picked up as a free agent in August after being released from then League 2 Lincoln makes me fairly confident that any of our out of contract CBs can be replaced. I can see the argument for keep any of them individually but am quite happy about a reset and there should be players available.
Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 10:12 - May 4 with 1048 viewsRobTheMonk

Edwards on the wing has generally been rubbish.

I can't help but think that he'd actually be alright as a striker in the Jamie Vardy mold. Edwards shooting is actually pretty good apart from when he takes free kicks.
Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 10:50 - May 4 with 987 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Think we're keeping Toto and that's why he isn't playing him at the minute, no point risking him. Could make the same argument for Chambers.

Said it a million times but zero reason to release Donacien, especially as we are confirmed League One now. Just have to spend money to replace him anyway.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024