Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes 16:28 - May 8 with 2750 viewsMullet

Salford also retains a strong labour majority. In my part of Trafford the greens and Lib Dem’s took a spot on each whilst the tories only got in where the millionaires live.

After all the talk around Hartlepool and the lies Boris peddles unchallenged in places like that, I do wonder if the areas of political influence need redrawing. The divide appears far more urban vs. rural than simply class based.

Suffolk fairly returned Tory majorities I saw but the amount of seats won vs proportion of the votes where way off. That really needs addressing regardless of who leads which party doesn’t it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 16:37 - May 8 with 1868 viewsKeno

Burn ham would make a better labour leader than Starmer

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 16:50 - May 8 with 1836 viewsBent_double

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 16:37 - May 8 by Keno

I think that's the obvious choice - assuming he wants it of course.

Timing will be important though, at the moment Labour might as well write-off the next GE and concentrate on the one after.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 16:52 - May 8 with 1827 viewsjeera

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 16:50 - May 8 by Bent_double

Timing will be important though, at the moment Labour might as well write-off the next GE and concentrate on the one after.

I know what you mean.

I'd rather see the party take its time to restructure and reinvent itself than try to rush in and blow an actual opportunity with a promising candidate.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 17:03 - May 8 with 1784 viewspositivity

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 16:50 - May 8 by Bent_double

a real sliding doors moment when corbyn was gifted a place in the ballot; this sidelined 2 electable leaders in burnham and cooper.

this has blessed us with 5 wasted years, brexit, boris and who knows how many extra tens of thousands of coronavirus deaths...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 17:08 - May 8 with 1749 viewsnoggin

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 17:03 - May 8 by positivity

a real sliding doors moment when corbyn was gifted a place in the ballot; this sidelined 2 electable leaders in burnham and cooper.

this has blessed us with 5 wasted years, brexit, boris and who knows how many extra tens of thousands of coronavirus deaths...

Yeah go on, blame the covid deaths on Corbyn.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 17:15 - May 8 with 1718 viewspositivity

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 17:08 - May 8 by noggin

Yeah go on, blame the covid deaths on Corbyn.

no, it's all on boris, but if labour had a credible candidate, we may not have had to cope with boris!

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 17:22 - May 8 with 1695 viewsHerbivore

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 17:15 - May 8 by positivity

no, it's all on boris, but if labour had a credible candidate, we may not have had to cope with boris!

It's not like the Tories fielded a credible candidate for PM either, they went with Boris Johnson.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 17:36 - May 8 with 1655 viewsHARRY10

"Fake news.....baa baa"

You'll next be telling us that Labour were not wiped out right across the country. That this was one seat lost in a constituency where 70% voted to leave the EU, and the Labour candidate was a staunch remainer.

This is the reason Labour are finished. Metropolitan liberal elites quaffing vintage champagne and not listening to the ordinary white working class man.

You'll be trying to tell us that Khan chap in London won.

That the coal mines are not going to be re-opened, and that heavy industry has not already laid down the foundations for a new factory, producing proper British steam engines.

Well you are wrong, and you will see that when the harbour is filled with local folk, and dozens on Tory MPs up from Surrey, too wave of Hartlepool's deep seas fishing fleet as it sets off to the Norwegian flords to begin the revival of the UK fishing industry - which was destroyed by the bombing of UK ports by EU Zeppelins, and the destruction of the cruise liner business by an EU submarine sinking the Lusitania ......... sunny uplands will return,as will dodgy foreigners to where they belong

......................you are not listening to us, are you ?

That's why you are wrong and that's why we voted Tory.... because you ignore what we are saying and dismiss us as being ignorant bigots
Login to get fewer ads

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 17:54 - May 8 with 1591 viewsGlasgowBlue

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 17:22 - May 8 by Herbivore

It's not like the Tories fielded a credible candidate for PM either, they went with Boris Johnson.

The difference being that the Tories elected an incompetent racist who had a proven track record in reaching parts other Tories couldn’t. Whereas Labour elected iPad incompetent racist who could only reach out to people who already agreed with him.

As I said yesterday. Stop worrying about the comparisons with Johnson. Concentrate on how to get a Labour to win.

Burn ham would have won in 2017 if not in 2019. He won’t win in 2024 but he’ll cut the majority and have a far better to four years later.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 17:56 - May 8 with 1574 viewsBlueBadger

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 17:36 - May 8 by HARRY10

"Fake news.....baa baa"

You'll next be telling us that Labour were not wiped out right across the country. That this was one seat lost in a constituency where 70% voted to leave the EU, and the Labour candidate was a staunch remainer.

This is the reason Labour are finished. Metropolitan liberal elites quaffing vintage champagne and not listening to the ordinary white working class man.

That the coal mines are not going to be re-opened, and that heavy industry has not already laid down the foundations for a new factory, producing proper British steam engines.

Well you are wrong, and you will see that when the harbour is filled with local folk, and dozens on Tory MPs up from Surrey, too wave of Hartlepool's deep seas fishing fleet as it sets off to the Norwegian flords to begin the revival of the UK fishing industry - which was destroyed by the bombing of UK ports by EU Zeppelins, and the destruction of the cruise liner business by an EU submarine sinking the Lusitania ......... sunny uplands will return,as will dodgy foreigners to where they belong

That's why you are wrong and that's why we voted Tory.... because you ignore what we are saying and dismiss us as being ignorant bigots

Go to bed dad, you're drunk.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 18:09 - May 8 with 1522 viewsHerbivore

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 17:54 - May 8 by GlasgowBlue

The difference being that the Tories elected an incompetent racist who had a proven track record in reaching parts other Tories couldn’t. Whereas Labour elected iPad incompetent racist who could only reach out to people who already agreed with him.

As I said yesterday. Stop worrying about the comparisons with Johnson. Concentrate on how to get a Labour to win.

Burn ham would have won in 2017 if not in 2019. He won’t win in 2024 but he’ll cut the majority and have a far better to four years later.

Don't presume to tell me what to do, Glassers.

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 18:10 - May 8 with 1524 viewsMullet

I might be wrong but I think KS could/would work with him. I suggested last year he'd make a good candidate for a PM run but it seems too soon still.

He speaks well here, if KS listens then real change might come.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 18:23 - May 8 with 1484 viewsJ2BLUE

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 17:36 - May 8 by HARRY10

"Fake news.....baa baa"

Are you suggesting smugly mocking people and their Very Real Concerns is not actually very helpful?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 18:23 - May 8 with 1473 viewsGlasgowBlue

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 18:09 - May 8 by Herbivore

Don't presume to tell me what to do, Glassers.

You carry on with the “but Johnson” then. No skin off my nose. But you know how this will play out at the next election.

Iron Lion Zion

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 18:25 - May 8 with 1464 viewsGlasgowBlue

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 18:10 - May 8 by Mullet

I might be wrong but I think KS could/would work with him. I suggested last year he'd make a good candidate for a PM run but it seems too soon still.

He speaks well here, if KS listens then real change might come.

“They”?

Iron Lion Zion

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 18:34 - May 8 with 1436 viewsDarth_Koont

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 17:15 - May 8 by positivity

Like Brown, Miliband or Starmer?

Anyway, Burnham was too left-wing for Labour HQ.

Pronouns: He/Him

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 18:35 - May 8 with 1428 viewsFixed_It

I said he would have been the best leader for Labour since before 'Corbyn'. I am rarely wrong. (*Bluefish mode off)

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 18:36 - May 8 with 1412 viewsMattinLondon

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 17:56 - May 8 by BlueBadger

Go to bed dad, you're drunk.

My history is a tad hazy but I’m pretty sure that the Zeppelins predate the EU by several decades.
Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 18:38 - May 8 with 1394 viewsXYZ

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 18:25 - May 8 by GlasgowBlue

“They”?

The leadership of the national party of which he is not a part, obviously.

Basics of the english language I'd have thought.
Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 18:39 - May 8 with 1381 viewsDarth_Koont

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 17:54 - May 8 by GlasgowBlue

Please can you stop with the smeary accusations?

Corbyn isn’t a racist. And it seems that having a vision for the country is a lot more competent than not.

https://simonmaginn.medium.com/top-ten-labour-antisemitism-smears-f729646378e6

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 18:42 - May 8 with 1360 viewspositivity

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 18:34 - May 8 by Darth_Koont

Like Brown, Miliband or Starmer?

Anyway, Burnham was too left-wing for Labour HQ.

they'd have all performed a massive amount better in the brexit vote than corbyn.

no brexit, no boris.

burnham was seen as the labour hq choice; was never too left-wing for shadow/cabinet roles

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 18:44 - May 8 with 1347 viewsBlueBadger

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 18:23 - May 8 by J2BLUE

Are you suggesting smugly mocking people and their Very Real Concerns is not actually very helpful?

People's Very Real Concerns are the reason we're in this fooking mess.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 18:51 - May 8 with 1309 viewsDarth_Koont

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 18:42 - May 8 by positivity

they'd have all performed a massive amount better in the brexit vote than corbyn.

no brexit, no boris.

burnham was seen as the labour hq choice; was never too left-wing for shadow/cabinet roles

Burnham himself complained that he never got support from Labour HQ. That was confirmed by the Labour Leaks.

I agree with you that Burnham or Lewis would be better choices than Starmer (and may well have done better than Corbyn) but we are where we are because of decades of Labour grandees and senior officials fatally ignoring or at least misunderstanding the country’s needs. For them it’s been about being the left side of the establishment and reaping the personal rewards.

Starmer is the natural result of that. And he still could have been something completely different on the progressive, unity platform he pledged to support.
[Post edited 8 May 2021 19:12]

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 19:36 - May 8 with 1210 viewsHerbivore

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 18:23 - May 8 by GlasgowBlue

You carry on with the “but Johnson” then. No skin off my nose. But you know how this will play out at the next election.

You do realise that me posting a view on a forum has nothing to do with the direction of a Labour Party I'm not even a member of?

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 19:41 - May 8 with 1183 viewsGlasgowBlue

Andy Burnham re-election with 70% of the votes on 19:36 - May 8 by Herbivore

You do realise that me posting a view on a forum has nothing to do with the direction of a Labour Party I'm not even a member of?

But if you are representative of left wing thinking across the country then it does matter.

Expecting normal rules to apply to Boris Johnson is naïve. And complaining that it isn't fair that the same rules don't apply to Politian x,y or z is counterproductive.

I've no skin in the game. Just making an observation.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024