Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Player of the Season? 18:16 - May 9 with 2468 viewsLowie

Turning things on their head, who has been the worst player for us this year?

It is a tough call, but for me it is Bennett's. I just don't understand what he offers or how he's made it into the team as much as he has.

A close call though - Jackson wasn't far behind for me.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 18:17]
Worst Player of the Season? on 18:21 - May 9 with 2257 viewsBoxerBlue

Bennetts and Jackson I hope I never see either one in a town shirt again

Max itfc pryke 25yo playford fc striker/winger
Poll: Is Lambert still the right man for Town?

Worst Player of the Season? on 18:21 - May 9 with 2260 viewsGarv

Harrop has to be a contender, simply due to how many times he's managed to force his way in and how ineffective he's been when he has. Bennetts at least showed glimpses of why he he was in the team. He had the odd good game and clearly has talent, despite how everyone wants to call him out as a non league player. I think he was unlucky to get injured in the Burton game at home that he was playing well and scoring in. That doesn't take away from how big a disappointment he's been, though.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Worst Player of the Season? on 18:21 - May 9 with 2256 viewsMookamoo

Jackson for me. He clearly has some talent, but zero desire, application or commitment. He should have offered so much more.

Bennetts is just not very good but at least seems to try. He's just rubbish when doing it.
Worst Player of the Season? on 18:27 - May 9 with 2212 viewspositivity

definitely bennetts for me, even looked poor against the crawley u-21s.

the player rater says harrop, definitely a contender for most disappointing

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Worst Player of the Season? on 18:27 - May 9 with 2208 viewsDubtractor

Worst Player of the Season? on 18:21 - May 9 by Garv

Harrop has to be a contender, simply due to how many times he's managed to force his way in and how ineffective he's been when he has. Bennetts at least showed glimpses of why he he was in the team. He had the odd good game and clearly has talent, despite how everyone wants to call him out as a non league player. I think he was unlucky to get injured in the Burton game at home that he was playing well and scoring in. That doesn't take away from how big a disappointment he's been, though.

I agree with this. You can see that Bennetts has some ability, but the extent to which he has failed to deliver anything of note is remarkable.

Harrop has been amazingly poor - and for a player in his mid 20s from a Championship club is massively lightweight.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Worst Player of the Season? on 18:34 - May 9 with 2160 viewsGarv

Worst Player of the Season? on 18:27 - May 9 by Dubtractor

I agree with this. You can see that Bennetts has some ability, but the extent to which he has failed to deliver anything of note is remarkable.

Harrop has been amazingly poor - and for a player in his mid 20s from a Championship club is massively lightweight.

Yeah, really odd one there. Again, he's contracted to a Championship club, so there's clearly something there.

You can only imagine our squad has not been an easy one to settle into this season. Pretty much everyone has under-performed.

Worst Player of the Season? on 18:37 - May 9 with 2129 viewstractordownsouth

Harrop. Not even close.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Worst Player of the Season? on 18:38 - May 9 with 2125 viewsDubtractor

Worst Player of the Season? on 18:34 - May 9 by Garv

Yeah, really odd one there. Again, he's contracted to a Championship club, so there's clearly something there.

You can only imagine our squad has not been an easy one to settle into this season. Pretty much everyone has under-performed.

Btw Garv, I recall a few months ago calling you the most wrong poster on here re football, which was obviously a bit rude, but I've found myself agreeing with a you a fair bit recently.

So either I was wrong with my assessment, or I've joined you in the wrong club!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

[Redacted] on 18:41 - May 9 with 2100 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Worst Player of the Season? on 18:44 - May 9 with 2063 viewsBlueBadger

Worst Player of the Season? on 18:38 - May 9 by Dubtractor

Btw Garv, I recall a few months ago calling you the most wrong poster on here re football, which was obviously a bit rude, but I've found myself agreeing with a you a fair bit recently.

In all fairness, 'Harrop is rubbish' is a call that not even Mr Town could get wrong.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Worst Player of the Season? on 18:45 - May 9 with 2065 viewsSimonds92

Harrop and Jackson. Harrop definitely edges it for me, what an absolute waste of money he was.
Worst Player of the Season? on 18:45 - May 9 with 2065 viewsParky

If it’s down to ability, Drinan for me. He gives his everything, but I genuinely don’t think he’d look out of place in a Sunday league team.
Worst Player of the Season? on 18:57 - May 9 with 2018 viewsBelsteadCav

All of them

Worst Ipswich side I’ve ever seen

Quite possibly the worst team in history
[Post edited 9 May 2021 20:04]

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Worst Player of the Season? on 19:00 - May 9 with 2003 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Too many to choose just one.

Literally any of the midfielders for having been so slow and failed to offer any sort of service towards the strikers.

Harrop in particular has been bafflingly terrible. He'll remain as one of our worst ever loanees. I remember Preston fans had not been happy when Alex Neil sent him to us.

As for the strikers it's Drinan and Jackson.

Not going to knock Drinan as National League is his level at best. Why was he signed for us a few years ago?

Jackson for his attitude and conduct. Unforgivable and needless red card against Sunderland. To have banished him to train with U-23 was one of the few good Lambert's decisions. Hope he will be told to go tomorrow.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 19:07]
Worst Player of the Season? on 19:12 - May 9 with 1936 viewsGarv

Worst Player of the Season? on 18:38 - May 9 by Dubtractor

Could well be either. Glad to have caused you some insecurity!

Take you pick, at times through the season any number have been poor on 19:18 - May 9 with 1892 viewsunstableblue

That includes senior players like Chambo, Ward and Edwards.. our senior full backs had a series of really poor displays... Edwards has looked barely interested for long periods

Loanees been poor, apart from some moments from Parrot. Harrop had some shocking shocking moments. But Bennets takes the award of woefullness.

Its been a team of mediocrity

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Worst Player of the Season? on 19:24 - May 9 with 1852 viewswkj

Most players have let us all down. I have to say Jackson has disappointed me more than anyone else.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Worst Player of the Season? on 20:16 - May 9 with 1631 viewsEsseeja

If I'm to break it down by seasonal stages:
First 12 games: Bennetts.
Next 8: Holy.
Next 10: Ward or Chambers, still can't rap my head over their starts out wide, they were always exposed.
The next 8: Ward again. Same side of the pitch that kept getting exposed.
the last 8: Woolfenden, mistake after mistake after mistake. I'm still a bit salty at his positioning when we conceded those 2 corners against Northampton, he was very dodgy against Wimbledon at home, when he decided to play RB (I am convinced he was supposed to be a RCB as it was a back 3, maybe he forgot?) against MK Dons and as a result got caught out of position most of the time and was easily exposed on that side and AFC Wimbledon when he actually played as a RCB instead of veering out wide (away when we lost 3-0). This doesn't include that 3-2 loss against Swindon but he was abysmal in that game too so add an extra game to him for that, especially laughing when walking off the pitch.

Overall though, for me? Bennetts or Ward. Harrop didn't start enough to play worse.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 20:21]
Worst Player of the Season? on 20:17 - May 9 with 1624 viewsEsseeja

Worst Player of the Season? on 20:16 - May 9 by Esseeja

If I'm to break it down by seasonal stages:
First 12 games: Bennetts.
Next 8: Holy.
Next 10: Ward or Chambers, still can't rap my head over their starts out wide, they were always exposed.
The next 8: Ward again. Same side of the pitch that kept getting exposed.
the last 8: Woolfenden, mistake after mistake after mistake. I'm still a bit salty at his positioning when we conceded those 2 corners against Northampton, he was very dodgy against Wimbledon at home, when he decided to play RB (I am convinced he was supposed to be a RCB as it was a back 3, maybe he forgot?) against MK Dons and as a result got caught out of position most of the time and was easily exposed on that side and AFC Wimbledon when he actually played as a RCB instead of veering out wide (away when we lost 3-0). This doesn't include that 3-2 loss against Swindon but he was abysmal in that game too so add an extra game to him for that, especially laughing when walking off the pitch.

Overall though, for me? Bennetts or Ward. Harrop didn't start enough to play worse.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 20:21]

Made a mess of the Woolfenden section, that took some fixing.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 20:22]
Worst Player of the Season? on 20:18 - May 9 with 1609 viewschrismakin

Harrop

Put a cross on just after coming on today. Hit the opposite corner flag

The sad thing is. That was his best cross since hes been.here.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Worst Player of the Season? on 20:21 - May 9 with 1589 viewsDeano69

Just looking at the Player ratings. Absolutely terrible, virtually no one above 6 out of 10, most that are have barely played 90 minutes.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Worst Player of the Season? on 20:31 - May 9 with 1551 viewsGiant_Midget

Either Jackson or Sears.

I'll give it to Jackson, Shocking challenge v Sunderland then banished to the U23's by Lambert. On Lambert's departure I thought he'd have something to prove, but he came back and continued his poor form.
Worst Player of the Season? on 21:05 - May 9 with 1473 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Worst Player of the Season? on 20:31 - May 9 by Giant_Midget

Either Jackson or Sears.

I'll give it to Jackson, Shocking challenge v Sunderland then banished to the U23's by Lambert. On Lambert's departure I thought he'd have something to prove, but he came back and continued his poor form.

You’ll upset Blubfish with at least one of those.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Worst Player of the Season? on 22:32 - May 9 with 1350 viewsBLUEBEAT

At least Bennetts tries

Jackson looks clueless, lazy and disinterested

Poll: W or W

Worst Player of the Season? on 22:38 - May 9 with 1324 viewsBluefish

Worst Player of the Season? on 21:05 - May 9 by BasingstokeBlue

You’ll upset Blubfish with at least one of those.

Why?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024