Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth players taking the loss hard 20:29 - May 9 with 6753 viewsTractorCam

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 22:29 - May 9 with 1406 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 21:03 - May 9 by BlueBadger

Of all the tiresome cliches spouted by blowhards, I think 'I wouldn't want hem in the trenches' is possibly the worst of them all.

It's crass, lazy and usually guffed out by the sort of person who thinks he's some kind of hard lad because he once offered someone outside at the chippy.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 21:19]

Since you’ve not been given one yet... WHOOOOOOOSSHHHHH

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 22:47 - May 9 with 1359 viewsWarkystache

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 22:23 - May 9 by Giant_Midget

My comment was a tongue in cheek dig at the TT podcast more than anything.

Aaah, but the First World War still stirs some memories even 102 years on.....

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 23:02 - May 9 with 1321 viewsHipsterectomy

Are they actually celebrating that their season is over? I doubt it’s malicious but read the room

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 23:03 - May 9 with 1318 viewsdavblue

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 21:55 - May 9 by Illinoisblue

Think it was a reference to Cruncher’s comment last week about Norwood and co out for a drink. Pompey’s crunchy equivalent must be FUMIN

Surprised he hasn’t commented on that or our players having a drink tonight!
Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 23:50 - May 9 with 1255 viewsIllinoisblue

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 23:03 - May 9 by davblue

Surprised he hasn’t commented on that or our players having a drink tonight!

Looks like they were fortunate enough to run in v-log superstar Griffin. One way or another it’s been a heck of a season.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 00:36 - May 10 with 1226 viewshoppy

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 21:06 - May 9 by footers

Touch my battered saveloy and all bets are off, mate.

Any scraps on that?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 02:47 - May 10 with 1200 viewsbournemouthblue

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 21:03 - May 9 by Edmundo

To be fair after all their years in the Prem their ground is L1 at best.

There's a club who seemed to invest nothing off the field, it was all on players and wages, boy did that bubble burst

I suppose in fairness they have always been holding out for a new stadium of decent capacity but it still hasn't happened for them

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 06:51 - May 10 with 1122 viewsKitman

Hope we are allowed back in next season, my lad lives in Fratton. Had a great weekend there last time (apart from the loss!)

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Login to get fewer ads

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 07:18 - May 10 with 1073 viewsbluejacko

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 21:09 - May 9 by jeera

What would that be called?

Trench ball I suppose.

How many players do you reckon? The formation options would be a bit limited.

Formation is easy, no midfield just front and back line👍
Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 07:28 - May 10 with 1056 viewsBiGDonnie

Of all the tiresome cliches spouted by blowhards, I think 'I wouldn't want hem in the trenches' is possibly the worst of them all.

It's crass, lazy and usually guffed out by the sort of person who thinks he's some kind of hard lad because he once offered someone outside at the chippy.

Oh dear!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 08:01 - May 10 with 1005 viewsgtsb1966

Wind your neck in ffs
Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 08:42 - May 10 with 932 viewsTractorCam

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 21:10 - May 9 by itfcjoe

That's a pretty terrible look to be fair, footballers aren't monks and shouldn't need to be - but these guys need to engage their brain

Indeed. Of course players have lives outside football, but to post videos of the guys toasting out on the town on social media is asking for trouble, although by doing so I guess they don't really care.

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 08:53 - May 10 with 903 viewsstantheman

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 20:55 - May 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

Football doesn't get played in trenches.

Not since he Baseball Ground shut down anyway.
Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 09:05 - May 10 with 879 viewsSeablu

Used to be. Did you ever see Derby’s pitch in the 70s?
Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 09:13 - May 10 with 852 viewsGeoffSentence

Sometimes gets played between them

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 09:24 - May 10 with 834 viewsGeoffSentence

I'm not entirely sure what is going on there.

I assume those two chaps are Pompey players, and all they are doing is sitting having a drink. Looks like the chap who is filming it has given them a shot of something to knock back, he's the one who who says 'cheers boys' the other two are quiet and sedate.

It's not even clear when that vid was taken, it looks like it is indoors, which means it would not be recent, but it could be one of those hybrid set ups where one side is open to the air.

Anyway, I don't think there is anything to see there, except possibly a fan trying to stitch up some players.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 09:33 - May 10 with 807 viewsMattinLondon

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 09:24 - May 10 by GeoffSentence

I assume those two chaps are Pompey players, and all they are doing is sitting having a drink. Looks like the chap who is filming it has given them a shot of something to knock back, he's the one who who says 'cheers boys' the other two are quiet and sedate.

It's not even clear when that vid was taken, it looks like it is indoors, which means it would not be recent, but it could be one of those hybrid set ups where one side is open to the air.

Anyway, I don't think there is anything to see there, except possibly a fan trying to stitch up some players.

It’s absolutely pathetic the kind of replies that clips like this generates.

Players having a drink - boo hoo.

Grow up you bunch of wet wipes.
Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 09:42 - May 10 with 782 viewsclive_baker

The issue isn't really them going for a few drinks after the final game of the season, that's a pretty standard affair and I wouldn't have an issue with that. It's possible to be entirely committed to getting a favourable result, and still go for a couple of drinks afterwards, they're not mutually exclusive. An issue would've been seeing this the night before a game.

For me I just don't see the point of putting it on social media, it's clearly going to annoy some people. You just have to be a bit brain dead to not realise that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 09:47 - May 10 with 757 viewsnoggin

Definitely outside, under cover, hence the ashtray.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 10:03 - May 10 with 725 viewsTractorCam

The guy filming is Ronan Curtis, pompey player.

Nothing wrong with going for a drink obviously, but it's a ridiculous thing to post online a couple of hours after throwing away your season.

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 10:21 - May 10 with 691 viewsHARRY10

I suspect it will become a case of crying into their beer pretty soon as I suggest that there are going to be an awful lot of players out of contract with nothing lined up either - and what is on offer will certainly not be what they previously enjoyed.

Welcome to reality lads
Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 10:28 - May 10 with 672 viewsbournemouthblue

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 06:51 - May 10 by Kitman

Hope we are allowed back in next season, my lad lives in Fratton. Had a great weekend there last time (apart from the loss!)

I dated a girl from Portchester for a bit, the dad gave me a tour of Fratton proudly, including the Pompey clad pub who I assume the haunt of the 657 crew

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 10:31 - May 10 with 661 viewsnoggin

Portsmouth players taking the loss hard on 10:28 - May 10 by bournemouthblue

I dated a girl from Portchester for a bit, the dad gave me a tour of Fratton proudly, including the Pompey clad pub who I assume the haunt of the 657 crew

657 were the best dressed mob of the day.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024