Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub 10:47 - May 11 with 2954 viewsLord_Lucan

been triumphed on here yet?

Genuinely don't know. Just wondered what the split of opinion was. I am presuming an unusually high percentage on here will think it's a good idea when compared with general perceived opinion.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:43 - May 11 with 859 viewsSwansea_Blue

At the very least they could have gone for afro-caribbean and asian ones to represent diversity and unity.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:53 - May 11 with 825 viewsHighgateBlue

Given that there do not appear to be any plans to stick this thing on an actual shirt, I can't say I really care, except that it will have cost six figures that could have gone into actual grassroots football...
Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:53 - May 11 with 825 viewsTrumptonBlue

I don't know why we have lions anyway. They're hardly native. I'd replace them with ducks.
Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:54 - May 11 with 825 viewsMattinLondon

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:43 - May 11 by Swansea_Blue

At the very least they could have gone for afro-caribbean and asian ones to represent diversity and unity.

Given the footballing history I would go for one of the lions licking the balls of a German eagle.

Technically aren’t they leopards and not lions?
Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:57 - May 11 with 820 viewsgiant_stow

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 10:59 - May 11 by DanTheMan

Yeah, just looked it up, it's basically a logo for a new "initiative".

Honestly couldn't tell that those were anything other than 3 lions.

I quite fancy the woman Lion.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 13:13 - May 11 with 794 viewsleitrimblue

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:57 - May 11 by giant_stow

I quite fancy the woman Lion.

Is she yer cousin?
Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 13:48 - May 11 with 751 viewsTieDyedIn95

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9552021/Three-Lions-endangered-FA-redes

It's a fair change i'd say. The England team doesn't represent a small potion of the population anymore. In terms of being "English" the team has to be the least indigenous for want of a better term in Europe in terms of playing make up being people of African heritage, Muslim heritages, Irish heritages, so if you don't like that, don't support the team to begin with you idiots (I mean those complaining). In 10 years time there wont be a "White British" player among the squad. The days of ethno-nationalism are over, either evolve or die out.

Gender and sexuality will soon be a thing of the past too.

Deal with it. Your racist, homophobic, mysoginistic days are over folks.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 14:03 - May 11 with 735 viewsgiant_stow

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 13:13 - May 11 by leitrimblue

Is she yer cousin?

simple tap in, but enjoy!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 14:10 - May 11 with 726 viewsleitrimblue

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 14:03 - May 11 by giant_stow

simple tap in, but enjoy!

You remember playing football as a kid and the opposition goalie would go awol(bit of rush goalie or something). You'd get about a foot outside the goal then get down on her hands and knees and head the ball across the line for the ultimate glory.
Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 15:18 - May 11 with 706 viewsbluelagos

Honest opinion. I couldn't give a flying fck whether they change it or not. But it does (as the saying goes) annoy all the right people. Check out the outrage in the DM comments section below. For that alone, am happy enough with the changes :-)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9552021/Three-Lions-endangered-FA-redes

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 15:28 - May 11 with 691 viewsJ2BLUE

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 10:59 - May 11 by DanTheMan

Yeah, just looked it up, it's basically a logo for a new "initiative".

Honestly couldn't tell that those were anything other than 3 lions.

That is far less sh1t than I was expecting.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 15:34 - May 11 with 686 viewsWeWereZombies

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 11:52 - May 11 by jeera

So the idea is to be inclusive at grassroots level, designed to encourage and support all age groups/genders.

Sounds good.

Although someone, somewhere will try to connect it to Pride.

I am way too late into this thread but I agree with your closing sentiment - and that is the mane thing...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 15:41 - May 11 with 662 viewsEwan_Oozami

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 15:34 - May 11 by WeWereZombies

I am way too late into this thread but I agree with your closing sentiment - and that is the mane thing...

That was a bit tame...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 15:43 - May 11 with 659 viewsDanTheMan

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 15:28 - May 11 by J2BLUE

If someone had said they'd redesigned the England kit and that was the new logo, I probably wouldn't complain.

As others have said, it's pretty decent as far as these things go.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 15:43 - May 11 with 647 views26_Paz

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 13:48 - May 11 by TieDyedIn95

It's a fair change i'd say. The England team doesn't represent a small potion of the population anymore. In terms of being "English" the team has to be the least indigenous for want of a better term in Europe in terms of playing make up being people of African heritage, Muslim heritages, Irish heritages, so if you don't like that, don't support the team to begin with you idiots (I mean those complaining). In 10 years time there wont be a "White British" player among the squad. The days of ethno-nationalism are over, either evolve or die out.

Gender and sexuality will soon be a thing of the past too.

Deal with it. Your racist, homophobic, mysoginistic days are over folks.

‘Gender and sexuality will soon be a thing of the past’
Sorry, what?
Pretty sure there will always be males and females and straight and gay people. Of course, an increasing number of people will identify somewhere in between but pretty sure there will be people at both ends of those spectrums for the rest of time.

The Paz Man

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 15:44 - May 11 with 653 viewsstantheman

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 12:53 - May 11 by TrumptonBlue

I don't know why we have lions anyway. They're hardly native. I'd replace them with ducks.

Or wood pigeons.
Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 15:59 - May 11 with 644 viewsleitrimblue

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 15:44 - May 11 by stantheman

Or wood pigeons.

I like the idea of 3 hedgehogs on a shirt
Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 16:05 - May 11 with 630 viewsjeera

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 15:59 - May 11 by leitrimblue

I like the idea of 3 hedgehogs on a shirt

It could be really diverse and have one of each, or even a whole selection of British indigenous creatures.

It could even include a few migratory birds.

How fecking woke is that?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 16:25 - May 11 with 612 viewsClapham_Junction

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 15:28 - May 11 by J2BLUE

I think it's a quite neat way of representing a combination of men's/women's/kids football using the same sort of branding.
Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 16:51 - May 11 with 585 viewsDarth_Koont

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 15:43 - May 11 by 26_Paz

‘Gender and sexuality will soon be a thing of the past’
Sorry, what?
Pretty sure there will always be males and females and straight and gay people. Of course, an increasing number of people will identify somewhere in between but pretty sure there will be people at both ends of those spectrums for the rest of time.

I’m sure you’re basically saying the same thing. That binary gender and sexuality distinctions are or at least will be a thing of the past.

Pronouns: He/Him

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 16:58 - May 11 with 576 viewseireblue

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 16:05 - May 11 by jeera

It could be really diverse and have one of each, or even a whole selection of British indigenous creatures.

It could even include a few migratory birds.

How fecking woke is that?

Look, I can see the humour in that post.

But you must realise there is a war on.

If you don’t take this seriously,....well you know,....stuff...
Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 17:37 - May 11 with 552 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

The best thing about this thread is that the adverts I get at the bottom of the first page are all lion related. Sexy lion fancy dress anyone?

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 17:38 - May 11 with 552 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

PS I work for a grassroots sports charity and representation really matters in getting more people to take up sport. It may be a small thing but if it makes women and children feel more welcome it can only help get more people into playing footy.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 21:01 - May 11 with 502 viewsJ2BLUE

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 15:43 - May 11 by DanTheMan

If someone had said they'd redesigned the England kit and that was the new logo, I probably wouldn't complain.

As others have said, it's pretty decent as far as these things go.

The Lions should be blue, for tradition. Apart from that, meh.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 21:15 - May 11 with 481 viewsXYZ

Has The FA's plan to replace the three lions with a lion, lioness and lion cub on 16:51 - May 11 by Darth_Koont

I’m sure you’re basically saying the same thing. That binary gender and sexuality distinctions are or at least will be a thing of the past.

Baddiel and Skinner are going to struggle getting "Three non-gender-specific lions on my shirt" to scan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024