Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm going holiday to The Lakes by mistake 10:43 - Jul 16 with 1273 viewsMookamoo

What is there to do up there, other than walk about looking at lakes?

Swim? (n/t) on 10:44 - Jul 16 with 1255 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I'm going holiday to The Lakes by mistake on 10:58 - Jul 16 with 1207 viewsgiant_stow

Boats, paddling, lots of lovely old house to visit, old trains to rides and some surprisingly posh pubs to visit. Wordsworth's house is nice. We went to Barrow to discover the house of some old author - probably don;t go to Barrow.

Edit: There's a nice old mine you can go and look at and do gold panning with the kids too.

Edit2: even if you're just looking at lakes, its wonderful!
[Post edited 16 Jul 2021 10:59]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I'm going holiday to The Lakes by mistake on 11:14 - Jul 16 with 1163 viewsLesta_Tractor

Kayaking and paddle boarding

Eating enough Kendall mint cake to give your stool a nice minty fresh scent

Drinking

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

I'm going holiday to The Lakes by mistake on 11:16 - Jul 16 with 1156 viewschicoazul

I’ve never been there for pretty much this reason. I can walk around and see lakes at Abberton.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I'm going holiday to The Lakes by mistake on 11:40 - Jul 16 with 1109 viewsOldsmoker

You've missed the halcyon years.
Gone is the chance to bump into Julia Bradbury following Alfred Wainwrights guide to the hill climbs.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

I'm going holiday to The Lakes by mistake on 11:55 - Jul 16 with 1075 viewsFunge

I'm going holiday to The Lakes by mistake on 11:16 - Jul 16 by chicoazul

I’ve never been there for pretty much this reason. I can walk around and see lakes at Abberton.

Hehe.

In similar news, I've never bothered going to Chamonix - why bother, when the Bourne Hill Ski Centre is so convenient?
I'm going holiday to The Lakes by mistake on 12:02 - Jul 16 with 1055 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Britain's number one attraction. The pencil museum at Keswick.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2021 12:04]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

I'm going holiday to The Lakes by mistake on 12:04 - Jul 16 with 1032 viewsleitrimblue

I'm going holiday to The Lakes by mistake on 11:16 - Jul 16 by chicoazul

And yer only an hour from the East town park in Haverhill, which as many trees
Login to get fewer ads

I'm going holiday to The Lakes by mistake on 12:05 - Jul 16 with 1023 viewsEdwardStone

I'm going holiday to The Lakes by mistake on 12:02 - Jul 16 by Tangledupin_Blue

Britain's number one attraction. The pencil museum at Keswick.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2021 12:04]

And only a short step to this....

http://www.lawnmowerworld.co.uk/

I have always wanted to visit....looks fascinating
I'm going holiday to The Lakes by mistake on 12:59 - Jul 16 with 938 viewsKeno

You could just wander, lonely, you know like a cloud

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I'm going holiday to The Lakes by mistake on 13:20 - Jul 16 with 902 viewsStrimmer

I hired a motor boat from near ambleside and went up and down windemere, that was just smashing on a nice day. Not too expensive either IIRC

Poll: Was it a punch?

I'm going holiday to The Lakes by mistake on 13:48 - Jul 16 with 844 viewsSaleAway

You could walk about looking at mountains....

If you like a bit more action then you could do Via Ferrata at Honister - https://honister.com/product/via-ferrata-xtreme/

if you want museums, there are loads.

Couple of steam trains...

YOu could go and see the ospreys at Foulshaw moss, or bassenthwaite.

There really is something for everyone ( although the beaches aren't the best)

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

I'm going holiday to The Lakes by mistake on 14:30 - Jul 16 with 790 viewsRobTheMonk

Just go on nice walks and stop and take everything in once in a while. Always something new or different to see. Nature is pretty cool.
I'm going holiday to The Lakes by mistake on 15:50 - Jul 16 with 726 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Damn it’s possibly the best place in the UK for a short break.

Honister Pass
Keswick
Buttermere (great pub, think it’s The Fish.
Cathedral Cavern https://www.thelakedistrict.org/things-to-do/walks/tilberthwaite-hodge-close-cat

https://lwi.co.uk/category/keswick/

Avoid Windermere (it’s a dump) and get your walking boots on!
[Post edited 16 Jul 2021 15:52]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024