Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get Voting Chaps 21:46 - Jul 20 with 4931 viewsMetal_Hacker

Poll: If it were one or the other

Get Voting Chaps on 00:05 - Jul 21 with 1128 viewstextbackup

Get Voting Chaps on 22:58 - Jul 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

...it's just an awful dreary song though.

When we sang that vs Norwich in the playoffs, pre match, it was one of the loudest I've heard PR, ever.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Get Voting Chaps on 00:21 - Jul 21 with 1115 viewsMerseyBlue

Get Voting Chaps on 22:50 - Jul 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

My bad, hadn't seen the short list.

They should have asked for open suggestions, and then drawn up a short list, otherwise we'll just be the same as everyone else.

Sweet Caroline is now over done.

Hey Jude is an awful song, and will put everyone to sleep.

Song 2 and Insomnia are prob played at every ground.

Also... surely some Ed Sheeran, has he got any songs with an nod to Suffolk or Ipswich?

I don't know much of Ed's back catalogue, but you need a bit of oomph and he doesn't really do that sort of thing. I came across this recently which I would imagine is one of his more punchy numbers. Wouldn't be my choice.

Options were a bit limited, but I'd be alright with either Insomnia or All of the Lights, Singing the Blues and probably no goal music. If we had to have goal music I'd want a return to Tom Hark.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Get Voting Chaps on 00:26 - Jul 21 with 1112 viewsRamRob

Get Voting Chaps on 22:50 - Jul 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

My bad, hadn't seen the short list.

They should have asked for open suggestions, and then drawn up a short list, otherwise we'll just be the same as everyone else.

Sweet Caroline is now over done.

Hey Jude is an awful song, and will put everyone to sleep.

Song 2 and Insomnia are prob played at every ground.

Also... surely some Ed Sheeran, has he got any songs with an nod to Suffolk or Ipswich?

If you want a link to Ed Sheeran it should be Hey Jude but sung as Hey Dude, as he suggests in the movie yesterday

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Get Voting Chaps on 00:28 - Jul 21 with 1105 viewsCoco

Get Voting Chaps on 00:05 - Jul 21 by textbackup

When we sang that vs Norwich in the playoffs, pre match, it was one of the loudest I've heard PR, ever.

That was more down to the occasion rather than the song. I’m sure we would’ve belted out a Britney tune if it was played.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Get Voting Chaps on 00:34 - Jul 21 with 1104 viewsRamRob

Get Voting Chaps on 00:21 - Jul 21 by MerseyBlue

I don't know much of Ed's back catalogue, but you need a bit of oomph and he doesn't really do that sort of thing. I came across this recently which I would imagine is one of his more punchy numbers. Wouldn't be my choice.

Options were a bit limited, but I'd be alright with either Insomnia or All of the Lights, Singing the Blues and probably no goal music. If we had to have goal music I'd want a return to Tom Hark.

Sing by Ed Sheeran is his most football chant friendly, few lyrics with a catchy tune.

Literally just Sing oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh louder oh oh oh oh oh oh oh repeat

Can easily insert Ipswich in to it instead of louder
1:11 onwards

Get Voting Chaps on 01:07 - Jul 21 with 1090 viewsnoggin

No music, unless it's on sale at Parrot Records.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Get Voting Chaps on 06:27 - Jul 21 with 1047 viewsBlueBoots

Bit of a disappointing list...tunes that you hear at football grounds everywhere. Have already suggested this elsewhere, but for our new walkout tune, how about message from our sponsor...🎸

Edit: Still half asleep this morning - replied to the OP without noticing that another poster has linked this tune already 🤦
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 6:32]

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Get Voting Chaps on 06:33 - Jul 21 with 1040 viewsMerseyBlue

Get Voting Chaps on 00:34 - Jul 21 by RamRob

Sing by Ed Sheeran is his most football chant friendly, few lyrics with a catchy tune.

Literally just Sing oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh louder oh oh oh oh oh oh oh repeat

Can easily insert Ipswich in to it instead of louder
1:11 onwards

I see what you're saying buy it's not for me either. Really glad to have Ed involved with the club, seems like a nice guy, but wouldn't want something as jaunty as that leading up to the game. I always enjoyed it when they played Enter Sandman by Metallica in the build up, something feisty to get you going.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Login to get fewer ads

Get Voting Chaps on 06:43 - Jul 21 with 1027 viewshoppy

How about a bit of “Blues Matchday” to come out to…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Get Voting Chaps on 07:44 - Jul 21 with 981 viewseireblue

Pre-Kick off track. Suggested - Can’t Get used to Losing You - The Beat version.

No goal music.
Get Voting Chaps on 07:58 - Jul 21 with 961 viewsRamRob

Get Voting Chaps on 06:33 - Jul 21 by MerseyBlue

I see what you're saying buy it's not for me either. Really glad to have Ed involved with the club, seems like a nice guy, but wouldn't want something as jaunty as that leading up to the game. I always enjoyed it when they played Enter Sandman by Metallica in the build up, something feisty to get you going.

What about U2 - Elevation

Get Voting Chaps on 08:04 - Jul 21 with 956 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Get Voting Chaps on 21:55 - Jul 20 by trncbluearmy

The greatest riff ever played at full volume for walkout

Kick -off - Always look on the Bright side of life

Goal -nothing
[Post edited 20 Jul 2021 21:56]

Not a million miles away… I went for Enter Sandman for entrance music

Get Voting Chaps on 08:10 - Jul 21 with 946 viewsStewart27

Get Voting Chaps on 22:11 - Jul 20 by dominiciawful

No goal music!

Fatboy Slim before kick-off and then slowly amble out to 2 Unlimited.

TWTD

Why is there no Ed Sheeran? Are they not missing a trick?

Castle on the Hill gets going.
Get Voting Chaps on 08:11 - Jul 21 with 942 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Get Voting Chaps on 21:55 - Jul 20 by Reuser_is_God

I don’t care about pre match but please please vote no goal music.

Genuine question, but why do people hate goal music so passionately? I’m pretty sure PR used to always enjoy a bit of Tom Hark after a goal back in the Joe Royle(ish) era?
Get Voting Chaps on 08:16 - Jul 21 with 936 viewsMerseyBlue

Get Voting Chaps on 07:58 - Jul 21 by RamRob

What about U2 - Elevation

Not much of a fan of U2 but I hadn't heard that track for a long time and enjoyed it

Get Voting Chaps on 08:27 - Jul 21 with 923 viewsdavray9

As previously suggested... it could be very apt to adopt an excerpt from an Ed Sheeran song.

For goal celebration music, this song (from 1 min 10 seconds to 1 min 26 seconds) seems to fit the bill...

If this becomes tiresome, in future it can be changed for each season. To use it for at least this season would seem like decent PR and an appreciative nod to our shirt sponsor to thank him for the support and positive, global exposure he has given us for the coming campaign...
Get Voting Chaps on 08:28 - Jul 21 with 920 viewsmrshallisfit

Walkout music = the theme tune of Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Get Voting Chaps on 08:32 - Jul 21 with 918 viewsJuggsy

Fanfare for the common man by Emerson Lake Palmer to walk out would be epic!
Get Voting Chaps on 08:35 - Jul 21 with 915 viewsRamRob

Get Voting Chaps on 08:28 - Jul 21 by mrshallisfit

Walkout music = the theme tune of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

No, should be Inbetweeners

Get Voting Chaps on 08:39 - Jul 21 with 910 viewsPique

Said it before, but I’ll say it again: the walk out music should be the theme to Escape to Victory. It’s uplifting but also fun and quirky, so would give a sense of identity, a bit like Everton using Z Cars or Chelsea’s walk out music (sorry, can’t remember the name). And what could be more Ipswich than a film with Johnny Wark and Russell Osman in it?

All the other suggestions are just songs you hear everywhere with no connection to us.

Get Voting Chaps on 08:40 - Jul 21 with 906 viewsRamRob

Get Voting Chaps on 08:11 - Jul 21 by Matt_Netherlands

Genuine question, but why do people hate goal music so passionately? I’m pretty sure PR used to always enjoy a bit of Tom Hark after a goal back in the Joe Royle(ish) era?

I think Goal music is fine as long as it's not played when we are 3-0 down and we score in the 90th minute.

But in general they should wait a few seconds for the crowd roar before it's played. No better sound than the initial reaction as the ball hits the back of the net
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 8:42]

Get Voting Chaps on 08:45 - Jul 21 with 889 viewsRamRob

Get Voting Chaps on 08:39 - Jul 21 by Pique

Said it before, but I’ll say it again: the walk out music should be the theme to Escape to Victory. It’s uplifting but also fun and quirky, so would give a sense of identity, a bit like Everton using Z Cars or Chelsea’s walk out music (sorry, can’t remember the name). And what could be more Ipswich than a film with Johnny Wark and Russell Osman in it?

All the other suggestions are just songs you hear everywhere with no connection to us.

What about a Tenuous Sylvester Stallone connection - eye of the tiger or flying high now from Rocky?

Get Voting Chaps on 08:53 - Jul 21 with 874 viewsSarge

Blue Monday would have been the obvious choice had it been on the list.
Get Voting Chaps on 09:05 - Jul 21 with 864 viewstractorshark

Enter Sandman would have been good for walk on.

Voted for no goal music.
Get Voting Chaps on 09:21 - Jul 21 with 843 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Get Voting Chaps on 21:58 - Jul 20 by The_Romford_Blue

Without yet clicking the link, I’ll be outraged (not really) of Story of the Blues isn’t an option for the walkout song. It has to happen.

It isn't, but all the options have "Other" so I'm suggesting it there.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024