Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go 13:07 - Jul 27 with 1968 viewshomer_123

Had a good period where he showed quality and real potential.

One of the few players who had the ability to ghost past players and create a little something.

I think it is the right move for him, injuries have hampered his progress here and clearly a fresh start might do wonders for him.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:09 - Jul 27 with 1908 viewshype313

Hope he goes onto have a fabulous career, and one that his talent deserves.

Lincoln will be a great place for him and he needed a fresh start, wish him well.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:09 - Jul 27 with 1902 viewsnshearman1

Hope so. Would love to know what money we got for him. And the others who were put in the U23s.
Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:12 - Jul 27 with 1837 viewsDanTheMan

Real shame it didn't work out for him here, hope the move works out well for him.

But not too well, don't want him firing them into promotion at our expense!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:16 - Jul 27 with 1766 viewsITFC_RDM

Clearly a very good footballer. just too soft.
Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:16 - Jul 27 with 1769 viewsRozz

Likewise.

Was it him who gave the really odd interview to Brenner last season? Just seemed like his head was on a completely different planet and everyone was a bit taken aback by how out of character it had been.

Hope a fresh start enables him to find his past form. Top player when he turns it on, and a tasty acquisition for Lincoln if they can get him on song.
Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:23 - Jul 27 with 1667 viewsCotty

Agreed. He showed flashes of it again at the beginning of last season when we were on that good run, but then got niggles again and couldn't get firing. I wish him all the best, there's definitely a baller in there and I hope he can make it work again.
Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:23 - Jul 27 with 1666 viewsSteve_M

The real frustration is that he finally looked back to fitness and form at the start of last season only to be undone by some dreadful targeted fouling and the complete mess of a club we had become by the end of the season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:24 - Jul 27 with 1647 viewsBobbychase

Me too. But 81 starts and 51 sub appearances in a very, very long career here tells its own story.

Loved watching him play. Hope he has better luck with injuries at Lincoln.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Login to get fewer ads

Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:27 - Jul 27 with 1599 viewsSomethingBlue

If there's one we end up regretting it'll be this one but, yes, fresh start was clearly best.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:30 - Jul 27 with 1562 viewsRomeo4

So much promise. Showed glimpses of what kind of player he could be. Alas those pesky injuries just seemed to stop the lad from living up to his potential. Wish him well. If he stays injury-free then Lincoln may have a good signing there.
Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:30 - Jul 27 with 1561 viewsSimonds92

I think we're roughly 12 months away from 'Teddy Bishop looks set to seal a £5million move to Derby in the coming days in a deal which could net the blues as much as £500,000'
Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:31 - Jul 27 with 1535 viewsgordon

Think he was very unlucky that his ITFC career coincided with the gradual dismantling of our fitness and medical departments, and the general malaise of the Evans era - would have really like to see what he was capable with proper support from the club.
Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:34 - Jul 27 with 1498 viewsSteve_M

Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:30 - Jul 27 by Simonds92

I think we're roughly 12 months away from 'Teddy Bishop looks set to seal a £5million move to Derby in the coming days in a deal which could net the blues as much as £500,000'

Don't be ridiculous. Derby will have gone bust by then.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:38 - Jul 27 with 1473 viewsgordon

Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:30 - Jul 27 by Simonds92

I always thought he would end up at Everton, for some reason, but only play about 12 games for them in an injury-hit first season, then a season long loan to someone like Sheffield Wednesday or Bournemouth.
Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:41 - Jul 27 with 1434 viewsSimonds92

Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:34 - Jul 27 by Steve_M

Don't be ridiculous. Derby will have gone bust by then.

I know but they're the only club i could think of stupid enough to spend £5mil on a league 1 midfielder.
Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:44 - Jul 27 with 1397 viewswkj

Like Dozell, I think he'll play much better on a higher quality pitch. Nothing worse than trying to make surging runs when the surface drags the ball. We usually start with a nice surface, but it gets really bad in the last third of the season.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:48 - Jul 27 with 1344 viewsjayessess

Weirdly I think it was form rather than fitness that did for Teddy in the end. He was available for most games from January last year onwards and only really did the business in about half a dozen games.

I think part of the trouble is that we never consistently managed to find a way of marrying that dribbling ability to anything else. His passing and crossing was no better than OK, so he didn't create chances for others, his finishing and movement weren't so brilliant that he was a good goalscorer, he rarely used his dribbling to beat the press and start a move from deep. Appleton's going to have to find some way of using that lovely dribbling to actually hurt other teams regularly.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 13:50]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:49 - Jul 27 with 1329 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed.

I think the problem was that those glimpses of him ghosting past players were too fleeting even when back to fitness – and his use of the ball was on a par with Edwards if we’re being honest.

But I could always see him being a huge asset in a well-balanced and organised team. Problem was that we needed Teddy and others to build that team and I think that’s where he and a few of our other promising young players really struggled.

But will be great to see him and the others do well. I don’t think our faith in their raw ability was unwarranted.

Pronouns: He/Him

Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:52 - Jul 27 with 1288 viewsnodge_blue

He still showed some ability to dribble with the ball and go past a player.

But for me he was too often anonymous last year and drifted through games. Not physical enough. Not enough of a tackler.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 13:52 - Jul 27 with 1275 viewsBlueySwede

Always excited me when he came on or was in the team. Can still be a great player if he finally can stay fit and have a new start. Good luck, Teddy!
Genuinely sorry to see Bishop go on 14:16 - Jul 27 with 1159 viewsBlueNomad

No doubting his ability but would never fit into the high pressing fast game with midfielders popping up in goal scoring positions that PC wants.

Good luck TB
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024