Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... 11:26 - Aug 1 with 9041 viewsunstableblue

... but when you are a die hard such as ourselves who post on here, its hard to remember that large sections of the Town fan base have disconnected with visiting Portman Road through years of poor performances and results

Hopefully we can get a run going and a buzz back around the club, and get the lapsed blue back into the seats.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:05 - Aug 1 with 1275 viewsWD19

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:59 - Aug 1 by gtsb1966

But the vaccine doesn't stop you catching covid.

It significantly prevents it. Lessens the impact….and more importantly…..significantly lessens the likelihood of you passing it on to others.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 12:06]
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:05 - Aug 1 with 1277 viewsMerseyBlue

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:50 - Aug 1 by SitfcB

Yes but you can choose to get into the ground early and avoid the crowds, sit in SAR Upper where it’s usually sparse, not having a go just saying there’s ways round it.

You are right to an extent, but you have then got the rush leaving the ground. I was planning to do exactly what you've suggested, however, for anyone that doesn't live in Ipswich it just becomes a mammoth undertaking. I'd need to set off a couple of hours earlier than usual, and then wait at least 20 minutes after the game had finished to make a move from my seat to avoid the rush around the ground. That then puts me at the back of the driving out of town queue, which could easily lead to me not making it home until the small hours of Sunday morning when you consider the rest of the journey. In order for me to do what I deem to be responsible with the virus, I'd find it pretty hard to enjoy the experience. I'll see how it goes for the time being, watch the games on international iFollow and see where we are by the time we get to September/October.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:07 - Aug 1 with 1263 viewstextbackup

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:54 - Aug 1 by WD19

I think you can probably stick a 0 on those figures. Not ‘die hard’ fans, but reasonable regulars who are currently judging that it is just not a risk worth taking right now. All things being equal I would be doing Morecambe, Cheltenham and MK Dons….but right now I am lukewarm and will probably only make one out of the three.

im possibly missing 2 games if my holiday abroad goes to plan.... which is a pain, but someone else will grab the ST and benefit so not all bad

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:08 - Aug 1 with 1258 viewsBryanPlug

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:45 - Aug 1 by WeWereZombies

'have the jab and cover up' and socially distance too please. Some people don't leave their homes because others are fecking useless at social distancing.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:08 - Aug 1 with 1262 viewsdirtydingusmagee

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:50 - Aug 1 by textbackup

fair enough, personal choice isnt it.

but nothing will change in terms of masks wearing unless it becomes the law, so you might find you wont be going to PR ever again.

Thats true, and if you get covid you may never go anywhere again ! it depends how you value things, i avoid crowds as much as is practical, have to use public transport, wear face covering on p t and in stores, avoid busy bars, and wont be in any rush to get on the terraces for a football match, its a risk im not prepared to take , im double jabbed but it dosnt give immunity. Each to their own, i still think the gate will be around 20,000, at least for early part of season, but if covid gets worse in winter would expect to see big drop in numbers, but who knows ? seeing how people have packed beaches ect at times nothing surprises me anymore.
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:08 - Aug 1 with 1253 viewschrismakin

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:59 - Aug 1 by gtsb1966

But the vaccine doesn't stop you catching covid.

Of course but it reduces the symptoms and potential threats.

At present it's doing and ok job. But not entirely comfortable with the level of it at present.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:09 - Aug 1 with 1247 viewsgtsb1966

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:05 - Aug 1 by WD19

It significantly prevents it. Lessens the impact….and more importantly…..significantly lessens the likelihood of you passing it on to others.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 12:06]

Exactly. My point was that waiting for a booster is pointless really if you have been double jabbed. Each to their own and I'm not putting anyone down who has fears but just trying to say that if you've been vaccinated there isn't much more you can do so waiting another six months is pointless.
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:10 - Aug 1 with 1240 viewsSitfcB

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:05 - Aug 1 by MerseyBlue

You are right to an extent, but you have then got the rush leaving the ground. I was planning to do exactly what you've suggested, however, for anyone that doesn't live in Ipswich it just becomes a mammoth undertaking. I'd need to set off a couple of hours earlier than usual, and then wait at least 20 minutes after the game had finished to make a move from my seat to avoid the rush around the ground. That then puts me at the back of the driving out of town queue, which could easily lead to me not making it home until the small hours of Sunday morning when you consider the rest of the journey. In order for me to do what I deem to be responsible with the virus, I'd find it pretty hard to enjoy the experience. I'll see how it goes for the time being, watch the games on international iFollow and see where we are by the time we get to September/October.

That’s fair enough for someone like you as you do live a fair few miles away! To be fair it only takes about 10 minutes for the crowds to leave the stands and around the ground, it’s surprising how quick it clears even if you hang back just for 5 minutes.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:13 - Aug 1 with 1231 viewstextbackup

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:08 - Aug 1 by dirtydingusmagee

Thats true, and if you get covid you may never go anywhere again ! it depends how you value things, i avoid crowds as much as is practical, have to use public transport, wear face covering on p t and in stores, avoid busy bars, and wont be in any rush to get on the terraces for a football match, its a risk im not prepared to take , im double jabbed but it dosnt give immunity. Each to their own, i still think the gate will be around 20,000, at least for early part of season, but if covid gets worse in winter would expect to see big drop in numbers, but who knows ? seeing how people have packed beaches ect at times nothing surprises me anymore.

as you say each to their own, i just feel sorry for Town (any football fans) that arent able to get back to doing what they love now we are allowed to.

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:15 - Aug 1 with 1217 viewstextbackup

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:56 - Aug 1 by chrismakin

I'll be a it happier when the booster is available and they've had chance to work on the Pfizer upgraded vaccine

But it is indeed a choice and I wont begrudge anyone going of course and hope they enjoy it.

you're waiting for the booster, for something you've been double jabbed on?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:20 - Aug 1 with 1196 viewsLeaky

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:45 - Aug 1 by WeWereZombies

'have the jab and cover up' and socially distance too please. Some people don't leave their homes because others are fecking useless at social distancing.

How do you socially distance in a sold out stand?
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:22 - Aug 1 with 1186 viewsWD19

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:20 - Aug 1 by Leaky

How do you socially distance in a sold out stand?

You can’t. Which is why it is so vital that every single person in that stand is double jabbed.
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:25 - Aug 1 with 1173 viewssouthnorfolkblue

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:39 - Aug 1 by textbackup

i keep reading about covid concerns, which is personal choice... but when do these people expect to ever return to normal? if theyve had the jabs, and wear masks, what more do they need before they'll leave the house.

That’s easy to say but I attended an outdoors event last weekend and now have to self isolate until Thursday. I’m fortunate in the sense that I am working from home and won’t lose any money as a result, but plenty aren’t in that position.

Poll: Our final position

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:27 - Aug 1 with 1162 viewsDubtractor

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:48 - Aug 1 by SitfcB

Even without Covid I doubt it would be much passed 20k if that!

Our ‘casual fan’ types have been notoriously bad at attending for years.

I'm prob what you'd call a casual fan, usually make about 50% of home games and a couple away each season, but first game of the season is a must see every year.

There's all the hope and anticipation still topped up at that point, new signings, warm weather, the belief that this year is our year etc.

It's lovely whilst the false hope lasts!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:28 - Aug 1 with 1160 viewsgtsb1966

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:25 - Aug 1 by southnorfolkblue

That’s easy to say but I attended an outdoors event last weekend and now have to self isolate until Thursday. I’m fortunate in the sense that I am working from home and won’t lose any money as a result, but plenty aren’t in that position.

In two weeks time you won't have to isolate at all if you are double jabbed will you. Have I got that right?
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:36 - Aug 1 with 1132 viewsWeWereZombies

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:08 - Aug 1 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

I guess you haven't been to watch Inverness Caledonian Thistle lately...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:37 - Aug 1 with 1134 viewsMerseyBlue

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:10 - Aug 1 by SitfcB

That’s fair enough for someone like you as you do live a fair few miles away! To be fair it only takes about 10 minutes for the crowds to leave the stands and around the ground, it’s surprising how quick it clears even if you hang back just for 5 minutes.

Yeah to be honest I think you're probably right about the timings, I suppose it's more about me calculating the numbers in my head which is always going to err on the side of caution. I'm fairly confident I'll be attending within the first couple of months and to be honest, I really want to be there for day one, but I'll stick to the plan for now and hope that everything goes smoother than my pessimism allows to me believe!

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:43 - Aug 1 with 1107 viewsSitfcB

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:37 - Aug 1 by MerseyBlue

Yeah to be honest I think you're probably right about the timings, I suppose it's more about me calculating the numbers in my head which is always going to err on the side of caution. I'm fairly confident I'll be attending within the first couple of months and to be honest, I really want to be there for day one, but I'll stick to the plan for now and hope that everything goes smoother than my pessimism allows to me believe!

It would be interesting if the club said if you test positive a day or two after a game then inform the club and they could get an idea of the numbers infected after a game.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:43 - Aug 1 with 1108 viewstextbackup

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:25 - Aug 1 by southnorfolkblue

solution to that, turn off the stupid app.

thousands get pinged daily, and they are sat the other side of a brick wall in their houses.

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:44 - Aug 1 with 1094 viewsRyorry

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:09 - Aug 1 by gtsb1966

Exactly. My point was that waiting for a booster is pointless really if you have been double jabbed. Each to their own and I'm not putting anyone down who has fears but just trying to say that if you've been vaccinated there isn't much more you can do so waiting another six months is pointless.

Still so many people who don't realise or understand that many, many people have underlying health conditions/are on immuno-suppressant meds/have sub-optimal responses to vaccines/are over 70 (incl many ancient monuments on this forum).

I was chatting on Twitter y'day with a 50-something, formerly fit & healthy, double-vacc'd man, who has been hospitalised for the past 14 days with various tubes coming out of him & on oxygen, after catching Covid_19 at Wembley Euros in June.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:46 - Aug 1 with 1084 viewsipswichtillidie

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:30 - Aug 1 by jaykay

i think people with covid concerns , might be waiting to see how things pan out in the coming weeks. then if things look a lot better on that front, you will see people coming back to portman road

Exactly this. Asked my old man if he wanted to come with me. Didn’t want to for this exact reason and that’s fair enough. Will take some people more time to come out. I also suspect until we start showing improvement and producing entertainment then there will always be some periphery fans coming back then.

Gav

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:48 - Aug 1 with 1071 viewschrismakin

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:44 - Aug 1 by Ryorry

Still so many people who don't realise or understand that many, many people have underlying health conditions/are on immuno-suppressant meds/have sub-optimal responses to vaccines/are over 70 (incl many ancient monuments on this forum).

I was chatting on Twitter y'day with a 50-something, formerly fit & healthy, double-vacc'd man, who has been hospitalised for the past 14 days with various tubes coming out of him & on oxygen, after catching Covid_19 at Wembley Euros in June.

Yep. The government have thrown out the doubt ke kab as their way of getting things open again due to the pressure on them to do so
The vaccines arent as good as it is for flu and this is the problem with the delta variant.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:51 - Aug 1 with 1062 viewsBobbychase

Cobbold Block A a good choice for anyone wanting to avoid being too close to others

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:52 - Aug 1 with 1060 viewsthebooks

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 11:39 - Aug 1 by textbackup

i keep reading about covid concerns, which is personal choice... but when do these people expect to ever return to normal? if theyve had the jabs, and wear masks, what more do they need before they'll leave the house.

Wearing a mask protects other people, not yourself. You’re therefore relying on other people wearing a mask, and when that’s a “personal choice” you can understand why some might be reticent.

Even in Sainsbury’s the number of people wearing masks is dropping day by day. Combine that with a “macho” footbal crowd, and I can see why a lot would be put off.

Incidentally, two work colleagues have contracted Covid in the last month, despite being double jabbed back in April.
17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:52 - Aug 1 with 1051 viewsunstableblue

17k-18k for Saturday seems disappointing.... on 12:01 - Aug 1 by Wallingford_Boy

For Morecambe game?

20k + I’d imagine, considering we have 14k season ticket holders.

I picked the estimate up from a Phil news story... which I assumed he gleaned from the club

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024