Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some of you need to get a grip. 07:56 - Aug 11 with 10584 viewsChondzoresk

Flouncing is unreal. These players and team in general will take a while to get going. Yes, last night was frustrating. However, I am sure things will get better soon. Hang on in there. This is a marathon not a sprint. Have a great day and let's have positive vibes.
Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:04 - Aug 11 with 2962 viewsJon_456

Too many people acting as if it was a league game last night.

Its a pointless cup competition that gives some minutes to the fringe / youth players. And I actually thought they played very well , could very easily have won by 3 or 4 had Dobra and Bonne been a little more clinical. It was nice to see a team go for it and play without fear for once.

People can argue it would have been a useful game to get the senior players to gel but had Evans or Harper got injured, there would have been a complete meltdown on here.
Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:08 - Aug 11 with 2930 viewsHerbivore

Although currently there's only one thread seriously questioning Cook and another started by an obvious troll versus a much larger number of "can't believe people are questioning Cook" type threads. As is often the case there's more flouncing about perceived flouncing than there is actual flouncing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:17 - Aug 11 with 2894 viewsnoggin

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:08 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

Although currently there's only one thread seriously questioning Cook and another started by an obvious troll versus a much larger number of "can't believe people are questioning Cook" type threads. As is often the case there's more flouncing about perceived flouncing than there is actual flouncing.

There may be only 2 threads but there are several posters questioning Cook's position.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:18 - Aug 11 with 2895 viewsMerseyBlue

In fairness there was lots of flouncing in the chat, and across other forms of social media. You can't gleam much from that but they're out there, even if they are largely just trolls looking for a rise.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:19 - Aug 11 with 2890 viewsChondzoresk

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:17 - Aug 11 by noggin

There may be only 2 threads but there are several posters questioning Cook's position.

You beat me to that precise point.
Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:19 - Aug 11 with 2877 viewschicoazul

Nonetheless Cook has been useless since he got here. This is a fact. And we just failed to beat two utter minnows at home.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:22 - Aug 11 with 2850 viewsHerbivore

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:18 - Aug 11 by MerseyBlue

In fairness there was lots of flouncing in the chat, and across other forms of social media. You can't gleam much from that but they're out there, even if they are largely just trolls looking for a rise.

I don't go on the chat or ITFC twitter. I'd rather people call stuff out on there if that's where it's taking place. I'm not seeing much in the way of flouncing on here at all.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:28 - Aug 11 with 2837 viewsMerseyBlue

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:22 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

I don't go on the chat or ITFC twitter. I'd rather people call stuff out on there if that's where it's taking place. I'm not seeing much in the way of flouncing on here at all.

Many people did call them out, but you can't argue with idiots. The theme on the forum seems to be more that some people want to be the first one to question the regime, so that if it does fail, they can have the bragging rights. Questions like "when does the pressure start?" aren't really flouncing, I agree, but they're a pre-flounce and at this stage are just unnecessary. It's just a bit premature for me.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Login to get fewer ads

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:28 - Aug 11 with 2834 viewsSitfcB

Shouldn’t really need threads like this and telling some fans to ‘hang in there’ after one league game and one dopey cup game, but here we are.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:30 - Aug 11 with 2804 viewsHerbivore

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:28 - Aug 11 by MerseyBlue

Many people did call them out, but you can't argue with idiots. The theme on the forum seems to be more that some people want to be the first one to question the regime, so that if it does fail, they can have the bragging rights. Questions like "when does the pressure start?" aren't really flouncing, I agree, but they're a pre-flounce and at this stage are just unnecessary. It's just a bit premature for me.

Hence my point that most of the flouncing I'm seeing is about flouncing that's not really happening, on here at least.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:35 - Aug 11 with 2766 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

There are a few people within those threads agreeing with them too.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:37 - Aug 11 with 2759 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:19 - Aug 11 by chicoazul

Nonetheless Cook has been useless since he got here. This is a fact. And we just failed to beat two utter minnows at home.

Here's another one Herbs ^^^

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:39 - Aug 11 with 2749 viewsMerseyBlue

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:30 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

Hence my point that most of the flouncing I'm seeing is about flouncing that's not really happening, on here at least.

Yeah fair enough, it's all a bit of a nothing at this stage. I'll probably keep off the chat for now as that was the most wibbly stuff I saw. I'm sure it will take a good few games for us to really get going but provided we shore up the defence, I'm reasonably confident it will all be fine and dandy.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:44 - Aug 11 with 2709 viewsHerbivore

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:39 - Aug 11 by MerseyBlue

Yeah fair enough, it's all a bit of a nothing at this stage. I'll probably keep off the chat for now as that was the most wibbly stuff I saw. I'm sure it will take a good few games for us to really get going but provided we shore up the defence, I'm reasonably confident it will all be fine and dandy.

I went on the chat once years ago and aside from dear Guthers it was like the new comments on steroids. I didn't venture back. It's very early days, two disappointing results so far but some signs of promise as well. We need to see where we are in a month's time and we'll then have more of a sense of how well things are coming together.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:44 - Aug 11 with 2718 viewsDanTheMan

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:35 - Aug 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

There are a few people within those threads agreeing with them too.

How is that flouncing? We had a terrible end to the last season and we've started off with two poor results.

I'm not saying we should be sacking Cook as that is obviously ridiculous but saying the results have been poor isn't flouncing.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:47 - Aug 11 with 2709 viewsnoggin

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:44 - Aug 11 by DanTheMan

How is that flouncing? We had a terrible end to the last season and we've started off with two poor results.

I'm not saying we should be sacking Cook as that is obviously ridiculous but saying the results have been poor isn't flouncing.

Questioning Cook's ability on the back of those two results is ridiculous.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:49 - Aug 11 with 2682 viewsHerbivore

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:44 - Aug 11 by DanTheMan

Pointing out we've had two poor results is just factually accurate. As is pointing out that results under Cook last season weren't very good. If people are classing that as flouncing then Lord help us.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:50 - Aug 11 with 2690 viewsitfcjoe

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:37 - Aug 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

Here's another one Herbs ^^^

Why is a poster stating a fact seen as flouncing?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:52 - Aug 11 with 2667 viewsDanTheMan

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:47 - Aug 11 by noggin

Agreed, but that's not what Chico, or some others, have done. They're just miffed at two crap results.

I'm slightly surprised that positivity has turned into being happy at not winning games. I'd hope nobody is happy with drawing at home to Morecambe and losing at home to Newport County.

I'd certainly expect Cook not to be happy with it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:54 - Aug 11 with 2658 viewsnoggin

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:49 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

Pointing out we've had two poor results is just factually accurate. As is pointing out that results under Cook last season weren't very good. If people are classing that as flouncing then Lord help us.

Like we didn't know those 2 results were disappointing until Chico pointed it out?

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:57 - Aug 11 with 2618 viewsHerbivore

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:52 - Aug 11 by DanTheMan

Agreed, but that's not what Chico, or some others, have done. They're just miffed at two crap results.

I'm slightly surprised that positivity has turned into being happy at not winning games. I'd hope nobody is happy with drawing at home to Morecambe and losing at home to Newport County.

I'd certainly expect Cook not to be happy with it.

The board is an excellent microcosm of society right now. Everything has to be a binary. Being pro-Cook and pro the new era seems to entail absolute blind faith and refusing to acknowledge any mistakes or disappointments. Anything else is considered to be flouncing or anti-Cook sentiment. It's seemingly not possible to be excited by the project, hopeful it will succeed, but disappointed that we've started with two poor results. You either have to go all in or you're anti-Cook it seems.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 9:01]

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:58 - Aug 11 with 2604 viewschicoazul

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:47 - Aug 11 by noggin

If you mean me I’m not questioning it on the back of two results, I’m doing it on the basis of the last twenty-odd games

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Some of you need to get a grip. on 09:05 - Aug 11 with 2572 viewshomer_123

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:19 - Aug 11 by chicoazul

Apparently we cannot even discuss the fact Cook's tenure hasn't been that inspiring so far....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Some of you need to get a grip. on 09:07 - Aug 11 with 2567 viewsMerseyBlue

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:44 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

I went on the chat once years ago and aside from dear Guthers it was like the new comments on steroids. I didn't venture back. It's very early days, two disappointing results so far but some signs of promise as well. We need to see where we are in a month's time and we'll then have more of a sense of how well things are coming together.

Good advice re the chat. The rest is just about the size of it for me as well.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 09:08 - Aug 11 with 2565 viewshomer_123

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:50 - Aug 11 by itfcjoe

Why is a poster stating a fact seen as flouncing?

This board is getting very tiresome, particularly over this issue. Cook hasn't got a free pass and isn't immune from scrutiny.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024