Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some of you need to get a grip. 07:56 - Aug 11 with 10658 viewsChondzoresk

Flouncing is unreal. These players and team in general will take a while to get going. Yes, last night was frustrating. However, I am sure things will get better soon. Hang on in there. This is a marathon not a sprint. Have a great day and let's have positive vibes.
Some of you need to get a grip. on 17:32 - Aug 12 with 1558 viewstimothyeo

Some of you need to get a grip. on 13:42 - Aug 12 by Ryorry

You've overlooked my points about the state of our "Sports Science" dept., and our "fitness coach" working remotely from 400 miles away, which would have been pretty key, esp considering our injury record & the state of fitness of our players referred to by our new owners/management team.

Yet Lambert was able to get more out of the same 'state' than Cook was...
Some of you need to get a grip. on 19:08 - Aug 12 with 1511 viewsOldsmoker

League 1 second highest scorers and 2 points off a play-off place.
If that is the situation in 40 games time I'll still be happy with that.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Some of you need to get a grip. on 19:11 - Aug 12 with 1504 viewsHerbivore

Some of you need to get a grip. on 19:08 - Aug 12 by Oldsmoker

League 1 second highest scorers and 2 points off a play-off place.
If that is the situation in 40 games time I'll still be happy with that.

I'd be disappointed if we're 2 points off a play off place after 41 games as it means we'll likely be out of the automatic promotion race. Automatic has to be the goal.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Some of you need to get a grip. on 19:13 - Aug 12 with 1507 viewstiptreeblue

Some of you need to get a grip. on 07:32 - Aug 12 by Herbivore

Sorry, you're right. I should be delighted at a home draw against Morecambe, ecstatic even.

Who said anything about being delighted?. it was the first game, these things happen early season, all i`m saying is, people are going over the top after the first game. the second was a totally different team put out, we have to wait and see what we are playing like after a few games, not one,
Some of you need to get a grip. on 19:20 - Aug 12 with 1498 viewsHerbivore

Some of you need to get a grip. on 19:13 - Aug 12 by tiptreeblue

Who said anything about being delighted?. it was the first game, these things happen early season, all i`m saying is, people are going over the top after the first game. the second was a totally different team put out, we have to wait and see what we are playing like after a few games, not one,

Genuinely, the only people going over the top after the first game (or two) are those saying it's the best and most exciting start and that it's the best we've played in years. Some of the reaction has been mental.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 19:52 - Aug 12 with 1481 viewsOldsmoker

Some of you need to get a grip. on 19:11 - Aug 12 by Herbivore

I'd be disappointed if we're 2 points off a play off place after 41 games as it means we'll likely be out of the automatic promotion race. Automatic has to be the goal.

Automatic is and always will be the goal.
In our long history, Town have frequently fallen short at the last hurdle.
So aim for the top and settle for second.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Some of you need to get a grip. on 21:42 - Aug 12 with 1433 viewsOsborneOneNil

Some of you need to get a grip. on 19:20 - Aug 12 by Herbivore

Genuinely, the only people going over the top after the first game (or two) are those saying it's the best and most exciting start and that it's the best we've played in years. Some of the reaction has been mental.

Probably people just genuinely happy/excited/enthused that we had 25 attempts on goal (yeah I know, didn't score) in one game, as opposed to having to sit through 5 games to reach the same landmark under the previous 3 managers.

Not ideal, a draw v Morecambe and a loss v Newport......but I reckon people see something in the performances to raise genuine hope of better things to come.

Nowt wrong with that.
Some of you need to get a grip. on 21:46 - Aug 12 with 1422 viewsBryanPlug

Some of you need to get a grip. on 21:42 - Aug 12 by OsborneOneNil

Probably people just genuinely happy/excited/enthused that we had 25 attempts on goal (yeah I know, didn't score) in one game, as opposed to having to sit through 5 games to reach the same landmark under the previous 3 managers.

Not ideal, a draw v Morecambe and a loss v Newport......but I reckon people see something in the performances to raise genuine hope of better things to come.

Nowt wrong with that.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Some of you need to get a grip. on 21:56 - Aug 12 with 1417 viewsHerbivore

Some of you need to get a grip. on 21:46 - Aug 12 by BryanPlug

Who is eager to oust Cook?

Some of you need to get a grip. on 22:34 - Aug 12 with 1382 viewstimothyeo

Some of you need to get a grip. on 21:46 - Aug 12 by BryanPlug

Yeah, some of the worst of them were under Cook, actually.
Some of you need to get a grip. on 06:00 - Aug 13 with 1326 viewssolomon

All our opinions are irrelevant, come January the table will tell us all we need to know.
Some of you need to get a grip. on 07:34 - Aug 13 with 1280 viewschrismakin

Some of you need to get a grip. on 22:34 - Aug 12 by timothyeo

Yeah, some of the worst of them were under Cook, actually.

So is that an admittance that the squad PC inherited wasn't good enough and continued its painful attacking stats despite a new manager... and already with a new PC chosen squad we have already seen a vast improvement on the level of attacking intent.. which should it be continued looks more likely to achieve success in the long run

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:01 - Aug 13 with 1258 viewstimothyeo

Some of you need to get a grip. on 07:34 - Aug 13 by chrismakin

So is that an admittance that the squad PC inherited wasn't good enough and continued its painful attacking stats despite a new manager... and already with a new PC chosen squad we have already seen a vast improvement on the level of attacking intent.. which should it be continued looks more likely to achieve success in the long run

So long as PC gets the most out of them - like I say slightly concerning Lambert got more out of the last squad than PC. The good news is even if PC only gets 70% out of this squad it'd still be enough for promotion.
Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:05 - Aug 13 with 1249 viewsBryanPlug

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:01 - Aug 13 by timothyeo

So long as PC gets the most out of them - like I say slightly concerning Lambert got more out of the last squad than PC. The good news is even if PC only gets 70% out of this squad it'd still be enough for promotion.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:10 - Aug 13 with 1248 viewstimothyeo

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:05 - Aug 13 by BryanPlug

I mean, you can add as many excuses / caveats as you like, but what I said is still a fact.
Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:12 - Aug 13 with 1244 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:01 - Aug 13 by timothyeo

Lambert didn't get more out of the last squad though. What are you talking about? The only person who got slightly more out of them was Gill.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:15 - Aug 13 with 1240 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Some of you need to get a grip. on 19:20 - Aug 12 by Herbivore

There's about 1 or 2 people saying it's the best and most exciting start. You're doing exactly what you're accusing others of.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 09:00 - Aug 13 with 1201 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:12 - Aug 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

Lambert didn't get more out of the last squad though. What are you talking about? The only person who got slightly more out of them was Gill.

That’s just not true though

Lambert: P29, W14, D5, L10. PPG 1.62. F33 (Goals per game 1.14). A28 (Conceded per game 0.97)
Cook: P16, W4, D7, L5. PPG 1.19. F13 (GPG 0.81). A17 (CPG 1.06)

And even if you just decide exclude the last 2 game of Lamberts reign and attribute to Gill:
P27, W12, D5, L10. PPG 1.52. F30 (GPG 1.11). A27 (CPG 1)

So no Lambert didn’t get more from the squad - apart from getting more wins, considerably more points, scoring more goals and conceding less

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Some of you need to get a grip. on 09:03 - Aug 13 with 1191 viewstimothyeo

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:12 - Aug 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

Why are you making things up? Do you really need to stoop to that level? We averaged more points and goals per game under Lambert than we did under Cook.

So again, factually, Lambert did get more out of the last squad. It's really embarrassing watching you bend over backwards in some desperate attempt to disprove a fact.
Some of you need to get a grip. on 09:09 - Aug 13 with 1176 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Some of you need to get a grip. on 09:00 - Aug 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That’s just not true though

Lambert: P29, W14, D5, L10. PPG 1.62. F33 (Goals per game 1.14). A28 (Conceded per game 0.97)
Cook: P16, W4, D7, L5. PPG 1.19. F13 (GPG 0.81). A17 (CPG 1.06)

And even if you just decide exclude the last 2 game of Lamberts reign and attribute to Gill:
P27, W12, D5, L10. PPG 1.52. F30 (GPG 1.11). A27 (CPG 1)

So no Lambert didn’t get more from the squad - apart from getting more wins, considerably more points, scoring more goals and conceding less

We've done this. It's not a fair comparison as Cook only got them when they were shot.

If you judge Lambert's last 16 with Cook - when the fitness levels and mental state would be more like the same - then that's a much fairer assessment.

There was little in it because the team were rubbish and/or had given up.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 09:11 - Aug 13 with 1174 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Some of you need to get a grip. on 09:09 - Aug 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

We've done this. It's not a fair comparison as Cook only got them when they were shot.

If you judge Lambert's last 16 with Cook - when the fitness levels and mental state would be more like the same - then that's a much fairer assessment.

There was little in it because the team were rubbish and/or had given up.

Lamberts last 16 games also yielded more points, goals etc than Cooks

Do you want to move those goalposts any more?
[Post edited 13 Aug 2021 9:16]

Some of you need to get a grip. on 09:27 - Aug 13 with 1147 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Some of you need to get a grip. on 09:11 - Aug 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Lamberts last 16 games also yielded more points, goals etc than Cooks

Do you want to move those goalposts any more?
[Post edited 13 Aug 2021 9:16]

There was nothing in it.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 09:49 - Aug 13 with 1121 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Some of you need to get a grip. on 09:27 - Aug 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

There was nothing in it.

P16, W6, D4, L6 - ppg1.375. F16 (1gpg), A16 (1cpg)

So yes, nothing in it other than more wins, points and goals and less conceded under Lambert

Some of you need to get a grip. on 10:19 - Aug 13 with 1074 viewsjayessess

Some of you need to get a grip. on 09:49 - Aug 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

P16, W6, D4, L6 - ppg1.375. F16 (1gpg), A16 (1cpg)

So yes, nothing in it other than more wins, points and goals and less conceded under Lambert

Fairly futile to have this argument again, I think. Whether last season was (a) an excellent manager, marooned with useless players who wouldn't play for him or (b) a bad manager, unable to get a tune out of a group of players who had more in them or (c) a manager and a group of players who were just a bad fit, is only really going to become clear with time.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Some of you need to get a grip. on 10:26 - Aug 13 with 1066 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Some of you need to get a grip. on 10:19 - Aug 13 by jayessess

Fairly futile to have this argument again, I think. Whether last season was (a) an excellent manager, marooned with useless players who wouldn't play for him or (b) a bad manager, unable to get a tune out of a group of players who had more in them or (c) a manager and a group of players who were just a bad fit, is only really going to become clear with time.

Agree and think Cook is the right man who will get us going, hopefully sooner rather than later. I just take issue with the suggestion that results didn’t get worse under him last year as they did, by any quantifiable measure

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024