Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some of you need to get a grip. 07:56 - Aug 11 with 10537 viewsChondzoresk

Flouncing is unreal. These players and team in general will take a while to get going. Yes, last night was frustrating. However, I am sure things will get better soon. Hang on in there. This is a marathon not a sprint. Have a great day and let's have positive vibes.
Some of you need to get a grip. on 15:10 - Aug 11 with 1973 viewstimothyeo

Some of you need to get a grip. on 14:57 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

Joe definitely has a much better understanding of the game than you do, it's not even close to be fair.

Cook has good pedigree and that's reassuring, other managers with pedigree have come here and failed though so it's no guarantee. Thus far his tenure hasn't been great, I find it odd that people get precious when this is pointed out given that he's more or less said so himself. Everyone wants him to succeed here, let's hope it starts happening sooner rather than later.

And the matches come thick and fast now which is a great chance to build up a head of steam, and against average sides too. 3 points on saturday and we'll all be happier.
Some of you need to get a grip. on 15:43 - Aug 11 with 1929 viewsjayessess

We need a 10-match moratorium (at least) on serious judgements on Cook's performance in both directions IMO. No re-litigating last season (in either direction!), no handing out medals for improved performances (or even for winning a game!), no declaring that Cook's screwed everything up, until we have a decent sample size from this season.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Some of you need to get a grip. on 16:01 - Aug 11 with 1894 viewsMrTown

Some of you need to get a grip. on 14:57 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

Joe definitely has a much better understanding of the game than you do, it's not even close to be fair.

Cook has good pedigree and that's reassuring, other managers with pedigree have come here and failed though so it's no guarantee. Thus far his tenure hasn't been great, I find it odd that people get precious when this is pointed out given that he's more or less said so himself. Everyone wants him to succeed here, let's hope it starts happening sooner rather than later.

Didn't ask you mate.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 16:12]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Some of you need to get a grip. on 16:41 - Aug 11 with 1841 viewsHerbivore

Some of you need to get a grip. on 16:01 - Aug 11 by MrTown

Didn't ask you mate.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 16:12]

The beauty of a forum like this is that we can all covnerese and share our thoughts together, so I didn't need to be directly asked in order to offer my view. Have a pleasant day.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Some of you need to get a grip. on 16:57 - Aug 11 with 1808 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Some of you need to get a grip. on 16:41 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

The beauty of a forum like this is that we can all covnerese and share our thoughts together, so I didn't need to be directly asked in order to offer my view. Have a pleasant day.

The state of this post. You fecking hate it when anyone questions your view.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 17:53 - Aug 11 with 1748 viewsHerbivore

Some of you need to get a grip. on 16:57 - Aug 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

The state of this post. You fecking hate it when anyone questions your view.

You're welcome to keep replying to me if you like, Dollers, but I'm not going to engage with you.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 18:02 - Aug 11 with 1724 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Some of you need to get a grip. on 17:53 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

You're welcome to keep replying to me if you like, Dollers, but I'm not going to engage with you.

haha. Rather proves my point.

I'm not remotely bothered if you're not going to engage. It won't stop me pointing out your nonsense for the benefit of others.

Like for example how you keep posting it was Newport's youths. Not only was it also mostly our youths (which you weirdly don't mention when mentioning theirs) but I've just read in another thread that 5 of the players involved started the play-off final last season. So you were posting nonsense in that regard too.

The only reason you won't engage with me is I argue my points too well.
Carry on going for the low hanging fruit, it's what you do best.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 18:05 - Aug 11 with 1709 viewsHerbivore

Some of you need to get a grip. on 18:02 - Aug 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

haha. Rather proves my point.

I'm not remotely bothered if you're not going to engage. It won't stop me pointing out your nonsense for the benefit of others.

Like for example how you keep posting it was Newport's youths. Not only was it also mostly our youths (which you weirdly don't mention when mentioning theirs) but I've just read in another thread that 5 of the players involved started the play-off final last season. So you were posting nonsense in that regard too.

The only reason you won't engage with me is I argue my points too well.
Carry on going for the low hanging fruit, it's what you do best.

The reason I won't engage with you is because you're a tedious bellend, but keep telling yourself it's because you're a master debater if it makes you feel better. Have a nice evening, I'm off out for sushi now.

Login to get fewer ads

Some of you need to get a grip. on 18:09 - Aug 11 with 1706 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Some of you need to get a grip. on 18:05 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

The reason I won't engage with you is because you're a tedious bellend, but keep telling yourself it's because you're a master debater if it makes you feel better. Have a nice evening, I'm off out for sushi now.

I like engaging with you despite you being a tedious bellend.

Enjoy your sushi.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 23:51]

Some of you need to get a grip. on 18:41 - Aug 11 with 1662 viewsRyorry

Some of you need to get a grip. on 13:21 - Aug 11 by RobTheMonk

Lower half League 2 teams and we wern't even scoring goals for about 6 games. It was utterly awful. People are wary because we've had false dawns before. The context of the results was that we didn't win or score nearly enough goals. It was embarrassing for all involved.

I think Morcambe was a bit of an anomaly to be fair as we basically gifted them two goals. Last night was basically a random game with a random team selection from both squads.

It's early doors and there's positive signs. Get a settled team and we'll see where we go. I'm warily optimistic for the coming games - take from that what you will.

That's fair enough, and good point about people being wary after previous false dawns - which is understandable.

But for months if not longer, we've all been moaning about lack of goals. Yet now we have a much better strike force, more robust midfield (albeit I'm sad to see Downes go who was so good in that role when he put his mind to it) - and some are still moaning! Of course we need more strength in depth with defenders, but apparently we're not done with the signings yet.

With just one league game under our belts to date, I'm rather disappointed so many on here are having premature ejaculation issues! (not you, obvs).
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 18:51]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Some of you need to get a grip. on 18:47 - Aug 11 with 1655 viewsLord_Lucan

Some of you need to get a grip. on 18:05 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

You're doing a cracking job of not engaging.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Some of you need to get a grip. on 19:21 - Aug 11 with 1592 viewsGlasgowBlue

Some of you need to get a grip. on 12:27 - Aug 11 by Ryorry

"Chico said his results have been useless and was accused of flouncing - they have been useless. 4 wins out of 18 for us in League 1 is useless."

Because Chico had clearly ignored the context of those results, as even you appear to be doing.

When 90% of managers go into new jobs at new clubs, I'd venture to say that 99% of those clubs weren't in anything approaching the kind of appalling mess that ITFC were in after 13 years of ME's ineptitude & neglect. You've only got to consider things like dismal state of our "Sports Science" dept., with one physio expected to multi-task in a whole heap of other roles, our fitness coach being expected to do the job remotely from 400 miles away!! etc etc

I’m full6 behind PC and people really shouldn’t be panicking one week into the season. Hoooooooooowwwwwwwwwever……..

I don’t buy into this coming into a mess of a club as an excuse to our poor finish last season.

Yes, in the long run, rebuilding the club from the Evans era is a massive Job which requires time and patience. But we were in a great position to get into the top six when Cook came in. He didn’t need to rip anything apart. He didn’t even need to get that group of players to replicate their early season form. He just need to get them to win something like 6 games out of 17 to get us in the top six. It wasn’t a big ask.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 19:25]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Some of you need to get a grip. on 19:24 - Aug 11 with 1598 viewswkj

The only thing that hasn't been reinvigorated so far is a winning mentality. So I can appreciate why a number of people are uncomfortable, and rightly so.

That said, there is some extreme flouncing going on to convey that.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Some of you need to get a grip. on 19:33 - Aug 11 with 1584 viewsNthQldITFC

I've just decided to put myself onto my own ever-increasing div list for a couple of weeks so I don't have to read a lot of this tosh until we're up and running.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Some of you need to get a grip. on 01:16 - Aug 12 with 1476 viewsN2_Blue

Some of you need to get a grip. on 19:33 - Aug 11 by NthQldITFC

I've just decided to put myself onto my own ever-increasing div list for a couple of weeks so I don't have to read a lot of this tosh until we're up and running.

Very sensible.

It’s effing painful on here currently and I’ve limited myself to how much I’m in here but have to occasionally check in to see who’s likely to be the next signing.

Bit of patience guys and girls, if we don’t win 5 of our first 10 games I will be very surprised. We’ve had one league game which we didn’t actually lose and everyone is panicking.

I even posted my own doubts last night but last nights defeat was nothing like any defeat we’ve suffered in last 2 years, we’d win that game 9 times out of 10 with that performance.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Some of you need to get a grip. on 06:06 - Aug 12 with 1453 viewstiptreeblue

Some of you need to get a grip. on 09:23 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

The minnows made as many changes as us though, that's the point. Morecambe handed out pretty much as many debuts as we did, Newport handed out even more. Gelling becomes less of a mitigating factor when playing other sides who are in the same boat. We should have had more than enough about us to win these first two games.

And Morcambe have just won away at Blackburn. Why shouldn`t they be a good team, just because they are Morcambe.?. small teams can be good as well you know. NOBODY has a given right to win. just let the project grow, There will be results that don`t go our way, but that is part of it, it`s called learning, at least after going behind in both games, they didn`t lay down, they fought back.
Some of you need to get a grip. on 07:32 - Aug 12 with 1413 viewsHerbivore

Some of you need to get a grip. on 06:06 - Aug 12 by tiptreeblue

And Morcambe have just won away at Blackburn. Why shouldn`t they be a good team, just because they are Morcambe.?. small teams can be good as well you know. NOBODY has a given right to win. just let the project grow, There will be results that don`t go our way, but that is part of it, it`s called learning, at least after going behind in both games, they didn`t lay down, they fought back.

Sorry, you're right. I should be delighted at a home draw against Morecambe, ecstatic even.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 08:44 - Aug 12 with 1365 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Some of you need to get a grip. on 07:32 - Aug 12 by Herbivore

Sorry, you're right. I should be delighted at a home draw against Morecambe, ecstatic even.

Yeah because that's the only other option.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 12:32 - Aug 12 with 1312 viewstimothyeo

Some of you need to get a grip. on 06:06 - Aug 12 by tiptreeblue

Doesn't detract from the fact we should be winning against Morecambe with our squad, resources, and supposed top manager.
Some of you need to get a grip. on 12:51 - Aug 12 with 1296 viewsnoggin

Some of you need to get a grip. on 12:32 - Aug 12 by timothyeo

Doesn't detract from the fact we should be winning against Morecambe with our squad, resources, and supposed top manager.

By your logic we should be comfortably winning every game. Thankfully money isn't the only basis for success.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Some of you need to get a grip. on 13:35 - Aug 12 with 1262 viewsRyorry

It's baffling. I think Gav must've gone on holiday & a couple of normally sensible posters have had their accounts hacked while he's away.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 13:37 - Aug 12 with 1258 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Some of you need to get a grip. on 13:35 - Aug 12 by Ryorry

It's baffling. I think Gav must've gone on holiday & a couple of normally sensible posters have had their accounts hacked while he's away.

I think all this change is too exciting and some have gone a bit giddy.

We've had so long without having positivity that now it's here some don't know what to do with it!

Some of you need to get a grip. on 13:42 - Aug 12 with 1246 viewsRyorry

Some of you need to get a grip. on 19:21 - Aug 11 by GlasgowBlue

I’m full6 behind PC and people really shouldn’t be panicking one week into the season. Hoooooooooowwwwwwwwwever……..

I don’t buy into this coming into a mess of a club as an excuse to our poor finish last season.

Yes, in the long run, rebuilding the club from the Evans era is a massive Job which requires time and patience. But we were in a great position to get into the top six when Cook came in. He didn’t need to rip anything apart. He didn’t even need to get that group of players to replicate their early season form. He just need to get them to win something like 6 games out of 17 to get us in the top six. It wasn’t a big ask.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 19:25]

You've overlooked my points about the state of our "Sports Science" dept., and our "fitness coach" working remotely from 400 miles away, which would have been pretty key, esp considering our injury record & the state of fitness of our players referred to by our new owners/management team.

Some of you need to get a grip. on 14:01 - Aug 12 with 1234 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ah, but what happens if we're never up and running?

It's all part of the 'fun' of supporting a team innit. Everyone's different. Some fans are happy with the promise of better times, some need more evidence. Some only care about results, some are happy with better performances. Some have made their mind up about Cook and are already fully support or not.

I'm yet to be convinced either way and I don't see the point of drawing any conclusions yet following the complete squad reboot. Patience is a virtue and all that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Some of you need to get a grip. on 17:06 - Aug 12 with 1172 viewsBryanPlug

Some of you need to get a grip. on 12:12 - Aug 11 by itfcjoe

90% of managers come into jobs where they are in rubbish form, without their own players and the club is in a bad state otherwise there wouldn't be a change.

Chico said his results have been useless and was accused of flouncing - they have been useless. 4 wins out of 18 for us in League 1 is useless.

It's hardly that controversial a statement

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024