Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A resigning matter surely? 10:08 - Aug 19 with 3347 viewsbluelagos

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

A resigning matter surely? on 10:21 - Aug 19 with 2671 viewsSwansea_Blue

If incompetence leading to death and suffering was a resigning matter, they'd all have gone a long time ago.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A resigning matter surely? on 10:24 - Aug 19 with 2654 viewsMJallday

You don’t think they would have done that, with or without Raab intervention?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

A resigning matter surely? on 10:49 - Aug 19 with 2537 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I don't know if I'm missing something, but Raab was on holiday so another minister made the call instead? I'm not sure what the problem with this is.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

A resigning matter surely? on 10:51 - Aug 19 with 2525 viewsSwansea_Blue

A resigning matter surely? on 10:24 - Aug 19 by MJallday

You don’t think they would have done that, with or without Raab intervention?

Surprisingly, apparently the PM and several others genuinely thought the Taliban would uphold the 'peace' deal struck by Trump and wouldn't regress into old habits. Incredibly naive imo. The Taliban must be amazed at how easy it's been to take over the country.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A resigning matter surely? on 10:53 - Aug 19 with 2512 viewsHerbivore

Disgraceful, but cabinet ministers these days don't do accountability.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A resigning matter surely? on 10:56 - Aug 19 with 2479 viewsitfcjoe

A resigning matter surely? on 10:49 - Aug 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't know if I'm missing something, but Raab was on holiday so another minister made the call instead? I'm not sure what the problem with this is.

Raab was told to make the call on Friday, but assigned it to a Junior Minister. Afghan wouldn't speak to Junior Minister as needed to speak to the head, so call didn't happen for a further 36 hours.

Instruction to Raab was effectively to agree to just let translators and those who had been helping Allied forces get onto planes without documents to just get them out of their ASAP so time was off the essence.

In his role, he shouldn't have been away. Johnson had to be talked out of going away on Saturday after it was obvious what was happenign by senior cabinet and number 10 staff.

Serious times call for serious people

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A resigning matter surely? on 10:57 - Aug 19 with 2480 viewsElderGrizzly

That's not how these things work (or are supposed to work) on issues like this.

Even as a Civil Servant in the same department, certain issues don't get handled by a more junior colleague. They come to me no matter where I am.
A resigning matter surely? on 10:58 - Aug 19 with 2454 viewsgiant_stow

The version of the story I read suggested that Rabb's underling wouldn't have the respect of their counterpart because of a lack of seniority.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

A resigning matter surely? on 10:59 - Aug 19 with 2442 viewsGlasgowBlue

Raab, Johnson and Biden should all resign imo.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

A resigning matter surely? on 11:00 - Aug 19 with 2444 viewsHerbivore

A resigning matter surely? on 10:56 - Aug 19 by itfcjoe

Raab was told to make the call on Friday, but assigned it to a Junior Minister. Afghan wouldn't speak to Junior Minister as needed to speak to the head, so call didn't happen for a further 36 hours.

Instruction to Raab was effectively to agree to just let translators and those who had been helping Allied forces get onto planes without documents to just get them out of their ASAP so time was off the essence.

In his role, he shouldn't have been away. Johnson had to be talked out of going away on Saturday after it was obvious what was happenign by senior cabinet and number 10 staff.

It's incredible how little regard they seem to have for the business of running the country. And people voted for this shower of sh!te.

A resigning matter surely? on 11:02 - Aug 19 with 2433 viewsSouperJim

The problem is lives are on the line. The Taliban will torture these people to death. Raab is the foreign secretary, it's his bloody responsibility and he's chosen to remain on holiday.

And some people question this cabinet's moral integrity...

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

A resigning matter surely? on 11:19 - Aug 19 with 2323 viewsGuthrum

A resigning matter surely? on 10:51 - Aug 19 by Swansea_Blue

Surprisingly, apparently the PM and several others genuinely thought the Taliban would uphold the 'peace' deal struck by Trump and wouldn't regress into old habits. Incredibly naive imo. The Taliban must be amazed at how easy it's been to take over the country.

Also have to take into account that the Taliban are not a monolithic organisation. Well, the core is, but their forces are made up with allies (e.g. the Haqqani Network) and local militias.

Thus what the leadership are sayng in Kabul may not be reflected in what's happening on the ground, particularly in the provinces.

Wouldn't be the first time in situations of foreign occupation and civil war that victorious troops have taken revenge upon their opponents, irrespective of official policy. All depends upon how much control the Taliban leadership can (and want to) exert.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

A resigning matter surely? on 11:21 - Aug 19 with 2306 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Fair enough, thanks for the explanation. In that case I see no reason why Raab couldn't do it, even if he WAS on holiday. It's not difficult to make the call like you say.

A resigning matter surely? on 11:50 - Aug 19 with 2199 viewsElderGrizzly

It's a complete disregard for the cultural aspect of how this works from Raab, which is shocking given where he works (which is also where I work)

They want the 'chief'. This is just laziness from him.
A resigning matter surely? on 13:01 - Aug 19 with 2067 viewsIllinoisblue

The real mystery is how incompetent charlatans such as Raab and Hancock ever got to be in positions of power.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

A resigning matter surely? on 13:12 - Aug 19 with 2019 viewsElderGrizzly

A resigning matter surely? on 13:01 - Aug 19 by Illinoisblue

The real mystery is how incompetent charlatans such as Raab and Hancock ever got to be in positions of power.

It's not really a mystery. They are in power because certain lobbyists and influencers want them to be in power
A resigning matter surely? on 13:16 - Aug 19 with 1990 viewsMullet

Happy to bend the knee, ironically enough. They're absolute scumbags, a number of this government should be on trial for various corruptions and perversions of justice etc. Let alone simply sacked for incompetence.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

A resigning matter surely? on 13:19 - Aug 19 with 1960 viewsHerbivore

It's really easy to understand. Populists need people who are willing to be completely subservient and who have no scruples whatsoever. Being competent and having a moral compass would rule you out of a position in the current cabinet.

A resigning matter surely? on 13:30 - Aug 19 with 1896 viewsHARRY10

I expect that sounded quite clever.....in your head
A resigning matter surely? on 15:00 - Aug 19 with 1695 viewsGlasgowBlue

A resigning matter surely? on 13:30 - Aug 19 by HARRY10

Why are you always so angry? Dolly wasn't aware of the full context when he wrote his post. Now he is and has responded accordingly.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

A resigning matter surely? on 15:04 - Aug 19 with 1683 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

A resigning matter surely? on 13:30 - Aug 19 by HARRY10

eh? It was the very opposite of clever - I quite clearly stated I might be missing something, and then Joe (and others) explained.

A resigning matter surely? on 15:18 - Aug 19 with 1644 viewsHARRY10

A resigning matter surely? on 15:00 - Aug 19 by GlasgowBlue

Why are you always so angry? Dolly wasn't aware of the full context when he wrote his post. Now he is and has responded accordingly.

is that anger ?

wasn't when I posted, but if it makes you feel you are defending a fellow rightie then do carry on

as to the 'full context, or had ignored what was all across the media, you mean
A resigning matter surely? on 15:20 - Aug 19 with 1626 viewsitfcjoe

A resigning matter surely? on 15:18 - Aug 19 by HARRY10

is that anger ?

wasn't when I posted, but if it makes you feel you are defending a fellow rightie then do carry on

You must be a parody account

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A resigning matter surely? on 15:22 - Aug 19 with 1612 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

A resigning matter surely? on 15:18 - Aug 19 by HARRY10

is that anger ?

I haven't looked at the news in depth, that's why I asked if I'd missed something.

Also RIGHTIE?!? Are you new here? The idea that I'm a rightie is one of the funniest things I've seen posted for a long time!

A resigning matter surely? on 15:39 - Aug 19 with 1543 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

A resigning matter surely? on 15:22 - Aug 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

I haven't looked at the news in depth, that's why I asked if I'd missed something.

Also RIGHTIE?!? Are you new here? The idea that I'm a rightie is one of the funniest things I've seen posted for a long time!

Since when was "and what side does sir dress?" added to the standard TWTD questions (favourite cheese, Kuqi/Counago, etc)?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024