Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booing after 4 matches 17:40 - Aug 21 with 3553 viewsBelsteadCav

You bunch of wan Kers

Our fan base is embarrassing

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Booing after 4 matches on 17:50 - Aug 21 with 2409 viewschicoazul

Booing after a game is fine if that’s what people want to do.
Cook himself says “judge us after the game” well there you are, there’s the judgement.
Booing during the game is dumb.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Booing after 4 matches on 17:54 - Aug 21 with 2394 viewsKeaneish

Booing after 4 matches on 17:50 - Aug 21 by chicoazul

Cook himself says “judge us after the game” well there you are, there’s the judgement.

Did you boo? I don’t see how in any way it’s considered acceptable 4-games in. The atmosphere was good today. The game was entertaining and there’s clear progress in areas of the pitch - the booing just tarnished it. Ridiculous in my view.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Booing after 4 matches on 17:54 - Aug 21 with 2384 viewschrismakin

it's pathetic

Those that Boo don't actually deserve any success from the side they're 'supporting'

Christ, come Xmas, if we're still not winning by all means, do as you please. but 4 games. 4
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 17:55]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Booing after 4 matches on 18:10 - Aug 21 with 2316 viewschicoazul

Booing after 4 matches on 17:54 - Aug 21 by Keaneish

Did you boo? I don’t see how in any way it’s considered acceptable 4-games in. The atmosphere was good today. The game was entertaining and there’s clear progress in areas of the pitch - the booing just tarnished it. Ridiculous in my view.

Boo? I didn’t go. I wouldn’t have booed though but that’s my decision. I see not much wrong with booing off the Manager in particular at the moment.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Booing after 4 matches on 18:17 - Aug 21 with 2273 viewsKeaneish

Booing after 4 matches on 18:10 - Aug 21 by chicoazul

Boo? I didn’t go. I wouldn’t have booed though but that’s my decision. I see not much wrong with booing off the Manager in particular at the moment.

We’re so far away from that though. It was in the spirit of the game, the result, the atmosphere or the entertainment value. Really bizarre and just adds another layer of pressure on.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Booing after 4 matches on 18:23 - Aug 21 with 2252 viewsMattinLondon

Embarrassing? Compared to who? Do you have examples of other clubs being better or is it simply a generic put down based on nothing?

I’m not advocating booing but Cook has been in post for a while and so, if you judge him simply by results he has performed appallingly badly. I would say that as a fan base we are much more patient than most other clubs.
Booing after 4 matches on 18:24 - Aug 21 with 2234 viewspointofblue

Booing after 4 matches on 18:23 - Aug 21 by MattinLondon

Embarrassing? Compared to who? Do you have examples of other clubs being better or is it simply a generic put down based on nothing?

I’m not advocating booing but Cook has been in post for a while and so, if you judge him simply by results he has performed appallingly badly. I would say that as a fan base we are much more patient than most other clubs.

In all honesty how many managers get the response he received before kick off after four wins in 20 (now 21)? Except maybe a certain Mr Lambert.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Booing after 4 matches on 18:26 - Aug 21 with 2203 viewsbilllm

Have to agree well out of order, wasn't bad at all,
Login to get fewer ads

Booing after 4 matches on 18:27 - Aug 21 with 2194 viewsOldboy

They pay their entrance fee and are entitled to voice their dislike if they choose. Over reacting on this I think.
Booing after 4 matches on 18:28 - Aug 21 with 2194 viewsFunge

ITFC.

Accepting mediocrity since 2005.

Cooks record is atrocious. Not even like we've played the headliners of this league, either.

Man needs to fix up.
Booing after 4 matches on 18:28 - Aug 21 with 2191 viewsitfcsuth

Wasn’t a bad watch at all - both sides could have won it.

Individual errors again ultimately cost us.

Thought people booing was extreme.
Booing after 4 matches on 18:30 - Aug 21 with 2177 viewsFunge

Booing after 4 matches on 18:28 - Aug 21 by itfcsuth

Wasn’t a bad watch at all - both sides could have won it.

Individual errors again ultimately cost us.

Thought people booing was extreme.

Agreed re: booing - but MK will be p1ssed they didnt win that...
Booing after 4 matches on 18:31 - Aug 21 with 2171 viewssotd78

Players should be booed for lack of effort ...
But today anyone who booed has to be either ignorant or very very very frustrated. That's the only excuse.

I applauded and stayed to see the players leave. That was the only fair reaction in my opinion.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Booing after 4 matches on 18:35 - Aug 21 with 2146 viewsgtsb1966

Booing after 4 matches on 17:54 - Aug 21 by chrismakin

it's pathetic

Those that Boo don't actually deserve any success from the side they're 'supporting'

Christ, come Xmas, if we're still not winning by all means, do as you please. but 4 games. 4
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 17:55]

If you think ANY fans will let this carry on until December you're deluded.
Booing after 4 matches on 18:43 - Aug 21 with 2114 viewsVic

I couldn’t believe it. Absolutely pathetic.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Booing after 4 matches on 18:43 - Aug 21 with 2109 viewsHighgateBlue

Booing after 4 matches on 18:31 - Aug 21 by sotd78

Players should be booed for lack of effort ...
But today anyone who booed has to be either ignorant or very very very frustrated. That's the only excuse.

I applauded and stayed to see the players leave. That was the only fair reaction in my opinion.

Fans are entitled to be very very very frustrated given how results fell off a cliff when Cook arrived and then fell off another one once he'd brought his preferred players in.
Booing after 4 matches on 18:46 - Aug 21 with 2081 viewsVic

Nope - booing after a game like that is dumb! Disappointing to gif them an equalizer, but overall it wasn’t a performance worthy of booing.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Booing after 4 matches on 18:48 - Aug 21 with 2061 viewsRICHIE31

Actually it is booing after 21 matches though isnt it?.PC has been in charge for 21 games and won 4.A record which would raise questions at any club in any league.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 18:51]
Booing after 4 matches on 18:48 - Aug 21 with 2061 viewspointofblue

Booing after 4 matches on 18:46 - Aug 21 by Vic

Nope - booing after a game like that is dumb! Disappointing to gif them an equalizer, but overall it wasn’t a performance worthy of booing.

I said elsewhere - apologies if it was this thread and I'm repeating myself - I think it was more down to the lack of forward play in the dying minutes to try for the winner which led to the boos rather than the game as a whole.

(Just to add I didn't boo)

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Booing after 4 matches on 20:17 - Aug 21 with 1865 viewsBluearmy71

I think most on here could guess my feeling towards all that booed, a lack of understanding of the situation we are in atm is just bloody minded ignorance, it really isn't possible for some to look forward and see what a really good footballing side we are going to become, they are far too stuck in the now, we have only just in relative terms put the squad together and we are now in the phase of building the best team from that very strong squad assembled , we can by no means say or think the team is built yet, when we have had an unchanged team for 5 matches or so, the results will come, new players need encouragement ( we had 2 or 3 making their home debuts and one of them Coulson making his full debut) not to hear booing even though said booing may have been as Pointofblue suggested just down to the fact that we didn't show enough urgency to get the ball forward in the final mins of the game!!

I do have to say that on the whole today we vocally supported the lads really well, it was really good to hear and be part of all the noise coming from the SBR lower, bring on the noise when the victories start to flow!!
Booing after 4 matches on 20:19 - Aug 21 with 1857 viewsSwansea_Blue

Booing after 4 matches on 20:17 - Aug 21 by Bluearmy71

I think most on here could guess my feeling towards all that booed, a lack of understanding of the situation we are in atm is just bloody minded ignorance, it really isn't possible for some to look forward and see what a really good footballing side we are going to become, they are far too stuck in the now, we have only just in relative terms put the squad together and we are now in the phase of building the best team from that very strong squad assembled , we can by no means say or think the team is built yet, when we have had an unchanged team for 5 matches or so, the results will come, new players need encouragement ( we had 2 or 3 making their home debuts and one of them Coulson making his full debut) not to hear booing even though said booing may have been as Pointofblue suggested just down to the fact that we didn't show enough urgency to get the ball forward in the final mins of the game!!

I do have to say that on the whole today we vocally supported the lads really well, it was really good to hear and be part of all the noise coming from the SBR lower, bring on the noise when the victories start to flow!!

They're not even stuck in the now. If they were, they'd realise they just seen a cracking game of football. Fkn idiots lol.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Booing after 4 matches on 20:26 - Aug 21 with 1835 viewsip6blue

Personally have never booed though would certainly voice my displeasure. Today I couldn’t warrant any displeasure. Against Cheltenham yes, if we continue not to win football matches yes.
Booing after 4 matches on 20:27 - Aug 21 with 1829 viewsFunge

Booing after 4 matches on 20:19 - Aug 21 by Swansea_Blue

They're not even stuck in the now. If they were, they'd realise they just seen a cracking game of football. Fkn idiots lol.

Cracking game, no doubt

We fully deserved to lose.

Keeper is shaky as you like, centre mid was weak, subs were very poor.

The squad is clearly good enough. So why isnt it working?
Booing after 4 matches on 20:34 - Aug 21 with 1778 viewstimothyeo

Booing seems unnecessary. But hard to blame - Cook has been awful since he came in.
Booing after 4 matches on 20:37 - Aug 21 with 1758 viewsFunge

Booing after 4 matches on 20:34 - Aug 21 by timothyeo

Booing seems unnecessary. But hard to blame - Cook has been awful since he came in.

Well, quite - as said by others who are rather more erudite than me - the atrocious end to last season, leaves Cook very little margin for error this time round.

2 points from 12; and it easily could've been 0.

It's an appalling start.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024