Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right, Paul Cook - over to you! 07:20 - Sep 1 with 7217 viewsVic

Let’s see what you’re made of now. Absolutely no excuses. A brand new squad of your chosen players, a preseason and 6 games to see what they can do. Obvious weak points now addressed with new signings and now 11 days to work with the whole squad, no distractions.

Personally I’m expecting an almost immediate upturn in results - I don’t think that unreasonable from the very low base were at.

If we now go on the hit auto promotion this is going to be one heck of a ride. Even if we only get into the PO’s I genuinely expect that we should have the strength to go all the way.

Anything less will be a failure.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 7:59]

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 11:42 - Sep 1 with 1625 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 11:28 - Sep 1 by chrismakin

Me personally a few. But I was more interested in your thoughts as, they've had a cracking window and should be top 2 this season no?

Don't think any of them i would take over who we have signed. Rotherham will be top two with us.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 12:43 - Sep 1 with 1572 viewstimothyeo

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 11:28 - Sep 1 by chrismakin

Me personally a few. But I was more interested in your thoughts as, they've had a cracking window and should be top 2 this season no?

Which few? If less than 5 or 6 get into our team in your eyes then you've proven my point for me, which is that we have a better team than Wigan ergo should do better than them.
Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 12:50 - Sep 1 with 1540 viewschrismakin

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 12:43 - Sep 1 by timothyeo

Which few? If less than 5 or 6 get into our team in your eyes then you've proven my point for me, which is that we have a better team than Wigan ergo should do better than them.

Better individuals doesn't equate to auto success, It helps, but it's no guarantee.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 12:58 - Sep 1 with 1549 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 12:50 - Sep 1 by chrismakin

Better individuals doesn't equate to auto success, It helps, but it's no guarantee.

So you've been asked multiple times which few and still dodging - which players have they got who are better than ours?

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 13:13 - Sep 1 with 1526 viewstimothyeo

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 12:50 - Sep 1 by chrismakin

Nope, you also need a manager to deliver and get the team playing. That bit we don't know about yet, I'm dealing in what we do know about.

So I ask yet again, since you said a few, which players of Wigans get in our starting eleven?
Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 13:14 - Sep 1 with 1524 viewstimothyeo

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 12:58 - Sep 1 by JammyDodgerrr

So you've been asked multiple times which few and still dodging - which players have they got who are better than ours?

I think makin should take your username from you right now
Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 13:41 - Sep 1 with 1466 viewschrismakin

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 13:13 - Sep 1 by timothyeo

Nope, you also need a manager to deliver and get the team playing. That bit we don't know about yet, I'm dealing in what we do know about.

So I ask yet again, since you said a few, which players of Wigans get in our starting eleven?

Whatmough
Tom Pearce
Ben Amos

But those 3 imo would have been solid signings and I wouldn't have said no to them.

Would be interesting in future as the Wigan chair said we tried to poach a few of the players too. Probably pearce being one, of course the others they signed this summer. But wonder who the others PC went in for could have been.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 13:45]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 14:02 - Sep 1 with 1456 viewsHerbivore

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 09:26 - Sep 1 by bobbyramsey

I wonder what would have happened if we'd binned Burley after one play-off failure.......

The rest is history.

Burley was managing us in the Championship, not the third division. He was doing so without outspending all of his rivals on fees and wages. Aside from that, the comparison is bob on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 14:04 - Sep 1 with 1447 viewstimothyeo

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 13:41 - Sep 1 by chrismakin

Whatmough
Tom Pearce
Ben Amos

But those 3 imo would have been solid signings and I wouldn't have said no to them.

Would be interesting in future as the Wigan chair said we tried to poach a few of the players too. Probably pearce being one, of course the others they signed this summer. But wonder who the others PC went in for could have been.

I don't disagree they'd be good signings, but I'm not sure they get in our starting 11.

Even if they do, the fact you've named only 3 only proves the point I was making which is we have assembled a much better squad and should therefore finish above them, which goes against what you were saying.
Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 14:11 - Sep 1 with 1434 viewsitfcjoe

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 14:04 - Sep 1 by timothyeo

I don't disagree they'd be good signings, but I'm not sure they get in our starting 11.

Even if they do, the fact you've named only 3 only proves the point I was making which is we have assembled a much better squad and should therefore finish above them, which goes against what you were saying.

I was listening to something from the NTT20 podcast guys, and they said that Ipswich have made 19 signings and nearly all of them would have been the star signing for every other club in this league

That about sums it up, we've put together a superb squad - it's barely believable how good it is. I can't wait to see it fly up the table

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 14:23 - Sep 1 with 1404 viewstractorboy1978

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 14:11 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

I was listening to something from the NTT20 podcast guys, and they said that Ipswich have made 19 signings and nearly all of them would have been the star signing for every other club in this league

That about sums it up, we've put together a superb squad - it's barely believable how good it is. I can't wait to see it fly up the table

On paper, it's the best squad in L1 history surely.

Far worse squads have amassed 90+ points in this division - Sheff Utd/Bristol City hit 100 points I believe and Cook hit 98 points with Wigan.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 14:32]
Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 14:27 - Sep 1 with 1393 viewsportmanking

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 14:23 - Sep 1 by tractorboy1978

On paper, it's the best squad in L1 history surely.

Far worse squads have amassed 90+ points in this division - Sheff Utd/Bristol City hit 100 points I believe and Cook hit 98 points with Wigan.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 14:32]

Wouldn't disagree whatsoever, but were those Luton and Brizzle City sides already well-drilled and settled ahead of their title-winning seasons? Did they have full pre-seasons together etc? No-one can argue the signings are of another level, but some players are well behind the 8 ball in terms of fitness. It's a difficult balancing act, but I think the squad should come into its own from October onwards personally.
Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 14:39 - Sep 1 with 1367 viewstractorboy1978

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 14:27 - Sep 1 by portmanking

Wouldn't disagree whatsoever, but were those Luton and Brizzle City sides already well-drilled and settled ahead of their title-winning seasons? Did they have full pre-seasons together etc? No-one can argue the signings are of another level, but some players are well behind the 8 ball in terms of fitness. It's a difficult balancing act, but I think the squad should come into its own from October onwards personally.

I meant Sheffield United, not Luton! They are an interesting one, they had 4 points after 5 games and then went on to accumulate 100 points. Bristol City started on fire and pretty much maintained it for the duration.

We need a convincing win and to start building some momentum, we should be hard to stop once we get going.
Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 15:09 - Sep 1 with 1332 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 13:41 - Sep 1 by chrismakin

Whatmough
Tom Pearce
Ben Amos

All good players but certainly not better than who we have signed. Amos wouldn't even get on the bench.

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 15:35 - Sep 1 with 1302 viewstimothyeo

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 14:11 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

Completely agree - huge credit to the board for the squad they've assembled.
Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 16:08 - Sep 1 with 1279 viewschicoazul

Remember how so many people shouted at me when I said, for some Ipswich fans failure is a form of success?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 16:14 - Sep 1 with 1254 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 16:08 - Sep 1 by chicoazul

Remember how so many people shouted at me when I said, for some Ipswich fans failure is a form of success?

Nope.

But if you did you were wrong then, and are still wrong now.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 16:16 - Sep 1 with 1258 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 09:40 - Sep 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

As I've tried to explain before, it's not settling for mediocrity. It's being realistic given the turnover of players, and not wanting to throw the baby out with the bathwater because you're too impatient.

You, Badger and a few others are acting like kids at the checkout screaming because they want sweets. I can forgive you because I think you're around 10 years younger than me... and in situations like this it shows. Good things come to those who wait. That's not to say Cook is definitely the right manager, but even the best need time.

You'll no doubt come back with some belittling riposte but I hope you can see this is a genuine, and reasonable, train of thought.

“…because you’re too impatient”

“You, Badger and a few others are acting like kids at the checkout screaming because they want sweets”

“… I think you're around 10 years younger than me... and in situations like this it shows”

All followed by…

“ You'll no doubt come back with some belittling riposte…”

Never change Dollers

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 16:26 - Sep 1 with 1233 viewstimothyeo

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 16:16 - Sep 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

“You, Badger and a few others are acting like kids at the checkout screaming because they want sweets”

“… I think you're around 10 years younger than me... and in situations like this it shows”

All followed by…

Never change Dollers

Wasn't just me who noticed that then hahahah
Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 16:34 - Sep 1 with 1217 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 16:16 - Sep 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

All followed by…

Never change Dollers

The first one wasn't aimed at a particular person. I was using "you're" in the general sense. As in "You're always likely be out of breath after a run." Doesn't mean 'you' literally.

But while the others can be seen as belittling, Herbs does it ALL THE TIME, to EVERYONE. Yet you let it go and jump on a rare occasion I give some back. I would also argue mine, in context, are fair comment. I genuinely think Herbs is less patient because of his age. Not really a criticism, if anything it's me trying to understand and mitigate his position. It could be argued I'm TOO patient, and that is a failing.

As soon as I saw your name I knew exactly what you'd post because frankly, you never change either. Anything to have a pop at me. Several people have mentioned Herbs' attitude but I don't see you going for them. Less of a challenge I guess.

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 18:34 - Sep 1 with 1163 viewsistanblue

Already hearing the ''Ipswich is a big club, other teams up their game against us'' excuse being wheeled out again. This whole ''target on our backs'' mentality is weak sauce.
Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 08:46 - Sep 2 with 1064 viewstimothyeo

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 18:34 - Sep 1 by istanblue

Already hearing the ''Ipswich is a big club, other teams up their game against us'' excuse being wheeled out again. This whole ''target on our backs'' mentality is weak sauce.

Sad to see fans starting that sort of excuse but hopefully that never comes from the management.
Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 09:40 - Sep 2 with 1045 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 18:34 - Sep 1 by istanblue

It's true though. It's well known teams up their game when facing the bigger clubs or the most expensively assembled teams.

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 11:21 - Sep 2 with 1013 viewstimothyeo

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 09:40 - Sep 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

It's true though. It's well known teams up their game when facing the bigger clubs or the most expensively assembled teams.

Shock.
Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 13:01 - Sep 2 with 946 viewsCols21

Right, Paul Cook - over to you! on 09:40 - Sep 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

We're going to walk the league even having given everyone else a headstart.

We've got an absolute embarrassment of riches at this level and any semi-competent manager should/could get them up. Failure to do so would be unprecedented and I doubt Cook's career would recover from it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024