Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“We just need to give it a little more time... 19:56 - Sep 1 with 3501 viewsSitfcB

...and a little more patience”

Hear, hear.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 19:57 - Sep 1 with 2398 viewsKieran_Knows

Was just about to post the exact same thing. Well said that man.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 19:58 - Sep 1 with 2398 viewsdominiciawful

I still find the description of his facial hair as an "Action Man beard" funny.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:03 - Sep 1 with 2357 viewsIllinoisblue

Sounds like a Beautiful South bonus b-side track.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:03 - Sep 1 with 2361 viewsKeaneish

I’m not sure how many times the club need to reiterate it in various guises to people. It’s blindingly obvious we have everything in place and now it needs time to flourish. Anything other than patience is only going to be detrimental to the cause.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 21:10]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:07 - Sep 1 with 2321 viewschrismakin

Patience

Haven't given out expensive contracts

That'll upset a few.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:11 - Sep 1 with 2295 views_sanctimoanious_

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:03 - Sep 1 by Keaneish

I’m not sure how many times the club need to reiterate it in various guises to people. It’s blindingly obvious we have everything in place and now it needs time to flourish. Anything other than patience is only going to be detrimental to the cause.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 21:10]

BuT hE's NoT tHeiR MaN
“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:11 - Sep 1 with 2295 viewsjayessess

Good that they're getting plenty then, isn't it?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:16 - Sep 1 with 2238 viewschicoazul

He says little twice. That’s strange isn’t it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:18 - Sep 1 with 2220 viewstimothyeo

Fans have been very patient with Cook (if that's the patience being referred to) and he will get at least another month to turn things round.

I love it when board members ask for patience. Quite often ends up being the kiss of death for a manager.
“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:20 - Sep 1 with 2205 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I don't know about anyone else, but when he talked about never forgetting the feeling when we walked out against Morecambe, I got that funny tingling feeling.

The one that either means I've wet myself, or I'm about to well up.

I've checked, and my pants are still dry.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:22 - Sep 1 with 2175 viewsHerbivore

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:16 - Sep 1 by chicoazul

It's a poor bargaining position as well, if he'd gone in asking for a lot more patience he could easily have negotiated me up to being willing to offer a little more patience, possibly more. As it stands I'm standing firm on giving them no patience at all when they're making such pitiful demands.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:23 - Sep 1 with 2161 views_sanctimoanious_

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:07 - Sep 1 by chrismakin

Patience

Haven't given out expensive contracts

That'll upset a few.

interesting isn't it. I imagine selective hearing will still be at play.
“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:27 - Sep 1 with 2133 viewsVic

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:11 - Sep 1 by _sanctimoanious_

BuT hE's NoT tHeiR MaN

Oh perlease,

No one is saying things should be instant - but him saying they may need time isn’t saying that it’s limitless time he has. I would be very surprised that if things stay as they are for another 5 games Ashton isn’t having a word in Cooks ear.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:30 - Sep 1 with 2111 views_sanctimoanious_

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:27 - Sep 1 by Vic

Oh perlease,

No one is saying things should be instant - but him saying they may need time isn’t saying that it’s limitless time he has. I would be very surprised that if things stay as they are for another 5 games Ashton isn’t having a word in Cooks ear.

well obviously if we keep losing they will have a word in his ear! Some seem desperate to make out the owners are looking at any opportunity to bid rid as he 'isn't their man' despite the fact they have stated on many occasions that he is.
“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:35 - Sep 1 with 2061 viewsSwansea_Blue

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 19:58 - Sep 1 by dominiciawful

I still find the description of his facial hair as an "Action Man beard" funny.

Ashton literally has been an action man this summer. A ridiculous amount of business with both ins and outs that shows up the former regime for the charlatans they were.

Mark Ashton:

Action Man:

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:47 - Sep 1 with 1955 viewsNthQldITFC

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:16 - Sep 1 by chicoazul

I think that's reading too much into a turn of phrase.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:52 - Sep 1 with 1932 viewsVic

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:30 - Sep 1 by _sanctimoanious_

well obviously if we keep losing they will have a word in his ear! Some seem desperate to make out the owners are looking at any opportunity to bid rid as he 'isn't their man' despite the fact they have stated on many occasions that he is.

Personally I haven’t seen anyone doing that on here. But then we all read th8ngs differently don’t we!

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 21:13 - Sep 1 with 1812 viewsKeaneish

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:18 - Sep 1 by timothyeo

Fans have been very patient with Cook (if that's the patience being referred to) and he will get at least another month to turn things round.

I love it when board members ask for patience. Quite often ends up being the kiss of death for a manager.

You’ve been patient!? Regularly you’ve been moaning and now you’re giving him a month? That’s the opposite of patience, Timmy.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

A great interview that I hope a lot of fans take note of…. on 21:13 - Sep 1 with 1815 viewsunstableblue

… wasn’t sure about Ashton when announced, given Bristol City fan feedback, but he certainly seems to be doing a great job, and has delivered the massive squad refresh that was needed - his role is something we’ve missed for so long at the club.

He makes great statements on time and patience, on Rome not being built in a day… but I hope those fans making statements such as “down to you now Cook, no more excuses”, as Ashton says - “I can’t turn the oil tanker around on my own, Paul Cook can’t, the players can’t, the owners can’t, the fans can’t - BUT together as one team we can!”

Hear hear.

Fans have less responsibility than Cook and the players, but we have a role on match day, if a win doesn’t come against Bolton I’m be fuming and worried, but I’m not going to boo the players which is becoming ever louder.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 21:19]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 21:18 - Sep 1 with 1774 viewsMelford

If that was a song it would be this

[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 21:20]

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 21:29 - Sep 1 with 1706 viewsCoastalblue

Cue the odd guy that posts negatively, who apparently isn't a budgie, to come and complain about the fact he's not wearing a tie.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

A great interview that I hope a lot of fans take note of…. on 22:11 - Sep 1 with 1567 viewsVic

A great interview that I hope a lot of fans take note of…. on 21:13 - Sep 1 by unstableblue

… wasn’t sure about Ashton when announced, given Bristol City fan feedback, but he certainly seems to be doing a great job, and has delivered the massive squad refresh that was needed - his role is something we’ve missed for so long at the club.

He makes great statements on time and patience, on Rome not being built in a day… but I hope those fans making statements such as “down to you now Cook, no more excuses”, as Ashton says - “I can’t turn the oil tanker around on my own, Paul Cook can’t, the players can’t, the owners can’t, the fans can’t - BUT together as one team we can!”

Hear hear.

Fans have less responsibility than Cook and the players, but we have a role on match day, if a win doesn’t come against Bolton I’m be fuming and worried, but I’m not going to boo the players which is becoming ever louder.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 21:19]

What have I said that contradicts what Ashton has said? It really is over to Cook; with such Bailey at his disposal he really doesn’t have any excuses if things dont pick up soon.

As I’ve always said, I fully expect things to click. However, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to be disappointed as to what and how he’s done things so far. Surely it is reasonable to be disappointed that he was unable to improve on what one of our worst ever managers managed? Surely it’s not unreasonable to hope that he could have coached at least some of the youngsters to improvement? To have all but given up last season was, in my opinion, little short of negligent.

His impact so far is disappointing so no, I’m not giving Cook a free pass and I’m not giving him unlimited time. With this squad I am expecting a significant upturn in results sooner rather than later.

And no, I do not agree with the booing - that is pathetic. Never have, never will boo the team.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 22:12]

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 22:12 - Sep 1 with 1555 viewsBlueBadger

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:18 - Sep 1 by timothyeo

'I'm more Bluefish than Bluefish' is not an ambition in life, lad.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A great interview that I hope a lot of fans take note of…. on 22:27 - Sep 1 with 1471 viewsunstableblue

A great interview that I hope a lot of fans take note of…. on 22:11 - Sep 1 by Vic

What have I said that contradicts what Ashton has said? It really is over to Cook; with such Bailey at his disposal he really doesn’t have any excuses if things dont pick up soon.

As I’ve always said, I fully expect things to click. However, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to be disappointed as to what and how he’s done things so far. Surely it is reasonable to be disappointed that he was unable to improve on what one of our worst ever managers managed? Surely it’s not unreasonable to hope that he could have coached at least some of the youngsters to improvement? To have all but given up last season was, in my opinion, little short of negligent.

His impact so far is disappointing so no, I’m not giving Cook a free pass and I’m not giving him unlimited time. With this squad I am expecting a significant upturn in results sooner rather than later.

And no, I do not agree with the booing - that is pathetic. Never have, never will boo the team.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 22:12]

The booing increased in volume at the final whistle Saturday, from the boos after the M K Dons draw, which is disappointing given the delicate stage of the project we’re in.

But more importantly neither display I thought warranted booing. Both performances had individual error, and collective confidence melt downs to gift the ascendency. But they also had some promising attacking sections. Just not good enough overall. Boo perhaps if we hadn’t seen any positive passages of play.

Don’t think Cook should be given any free pass, thought he was far too outspoken in scalding the players last season… but perhaps they really were not good enough to get a tune out of them. I still hope he’ll get a tune out of Wolfenden and Dobra… he clearly rates Ndaba and I think Clements.

He’s got to get a win and soon. But it’s a tough league to get out of, no matter how amazing the squad looks on paper. Let’s hope we’re all praising Cook come Christmas.

Booing the team won’t get us anywhere at present.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 22:31 - Sep 1 with 1458 views_sanctimoanious_

“We just need to give it a little more time... on 20:52 - Sep 1 by Vic

Personally I haven’t seen anyone doing that on here. But then we all read th8ngs differently don’t we!

we sure do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024