Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We mustn't over react to this. 17:27 - Oct 2 with 3681 viewsTheBoyBlue

It is a bad day, but it is a one-off in a sequence of performances that have gradually been getting better.

However, the players really need to hang their heads in shame over today. Completely outbattled and outfought. So off the pace. They HAVE to make sure this is a real rarity from hereon in.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

We mustn't over react to this. on 17:54 - Oct 2 with 1714 viewsWickets

Hard work being a Wet Town fan today !! In fact we have done over 10 years of hard labour .
We mustn't over react to this. on 17:55 - Oct 2 with 1717 viewsTheBoyBlue

Well, we'll see. We were never going to be outstanding every game, we were always going to have one or two performances like this even as we improve. I hoped it wouldn't come so soon, but I hope that having gone 3 games unbeaten we can go 5 or 6 unbeaten.

We mustn't over react to this. on 17:57 - Oct 2 with 1705 viewspointofblue

We mustn't over react to this. on 17:55 - Oct 2 by TheBoyBlue

Well, we'll see. We were never going to be outstanding every game, we were always going to have one or two performances like this even as we improve. I hoped it wouldn't come so soon, but I hope that having gone 3 games unbeaten we can go 5 or 6 unbeaten.

One of two performances like this? Today is sadly a return to the norm - the only half decent performances have been Lincoln, Wednesday (IMO) and Doncaster.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We mustn't over react to this. on 17:58 - Oct 2 with 1698 viewshomer_123

Nothing wrong with wanting to be positive...I respect that.

Sadly all the evidence continues to indicate that Cook is really struggling to get us into any kind of form.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

We mustn't over react to this. on 17:58 - Oct 2 with 1694 viewsBlueBadger

We mustn't over react to this. on 17:38 - Oct 2 by TheBoyBlue

It's all about context. We showed what we were capable of against Doncaster. True Doncaster were dreadful, but if we play like we did that night, we will win most of our games. It is coming together, but today needs to be a massive kick up the backside to some of these players that we can't just expect it.

The context is, we've won two in ten this season and 6 in 27 over the whole of his tenure.

That's worse than Paul Lambert. That's worse than Roy Keane.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We mustn't over react to this. on 17:59 - Oct 2 with 1689 viewsBlueBadger

We mustn't over react to this. on 17:42 - Oct 2 by Herbivore

You'd be happy to bumble around just outside the bottom 4 until March before judging Cook? Wow.

OP only ever seems to pop up whenever we lose to tell us to 'keep the faith'.
He's been upvoted mostly by losers who wanted to keep Lambert in a job(and Sitters).

Can someone just check the colour of his tail feathers...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

We mustn't over react to this. on 18:01 - Oct 2 with 1673 viewsEastTownBlue

Lost to Burton, Cheltenham, Bolton and Accrington.

Drawn to Morecambe, MK Dons, AFC Wimbledon and Sheffield Wednesday.

We need to bounce back and quickly.
We mustn't over react to this. on 18:05 - Oct 2 with 1644 viewsthebooks

Hmm. Not over-reacting, really. It’s a new pattern emerging — good performance followed by not good performance. We were poor against Sheff Wed, brilliant against Doncaster and poor today.

I still don’t think Cook’s time is up, but my god he’s wasted an awful lot of time.
Login to get fewer ads

We mustn't over react to this. on 18:10 - Oct 2 with 1615 viewsBlueBadger

I'm not suggesting we should have been 'outstanding' every game, but we should be able to beat pretty much all of the rubbish we've played this season with our squad of allegedly Championship standard players.

We mustn't over react to this. on 18:14 - Oct 2 with 1605 viewsBlue_Moses

One off?
We mustn't over react to this. on 18:16 - Oct 2 with 1591 viewsCopfordBlue

The over reaction occurred following the result on Tuesday when we beat the worst team in the division (and who even Cook pointed out we’re fading in the last 20
after 2 long away games in 4 days)

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

We mustn't over react to this. on 18:18 - Oct 2 with 1581 viewsZXBlue

That is nonsense. 1 game was good, against awful opposition.
We mustn't over react to this. on 18:18 - Oct 2 with 1576 viewsjayessess

We mustn't over react to this. on 18:10 - Oct 2 by BlueBadger

I'm not suggesting we should have been 'outstanding' every game, but we should be able to beat pretty much all of the rubbish we've played this season with our squad of allegedly Championship standard players.

If the target is winning the league (lol) then realistically you aren't going to have 46 games that are hard fought battles decided by fine margins, a good proportion of your games need to be pretty comfortable wins.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We mustn't over react to this. on 18:18 - Oct 2 with 1576 viewshorsehollerer

It is not over-reacting because today was not a one-off. It was almost identical to the 2-1 defeats at Cheltenham and at Burton. And the Lincoln game would probably have gone the same way if their "goal" hadn't been wrongly flagged for offside right after the break.

Our lack of commitment, desire and quality today was unacceptable, and we created next to nothing. We seem to lack the intelligence, both on and off the pitch, to change games.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

We mustn't over react to this. on 18:28 - Oct 2 with 1546 viewsChrisd

The concern I now have is when this squad is involved in a battle or a scrap we come up second best. Look at the sides we have lost to this season, these are teams that are physical and direct, we struggle to deal with their threats and aren’t able to manage the game. I don’t want to give a knee-jerk reaction, but it does worry me and more the fact that PC doesn’t seem to know how to counter it. Disappointedly, that was typically us in that second half, outthought and outfought, the outcome was inevitable.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 19:38]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

We mustn't over react to this. on 18:39 - Oct 2 with 1523 viewsTheBoyBlue

We mustn't over react to this. on 17:59 - Oct 2 by BlueBadger

OP only ever seems to pop up whenever we lose to tell us to 'keep the faith'.
He's been upvoted mostly by losers who wanted to keep Lambert in a job(and Sitters).

Can someone just check the colour of his tail feathers...

You don't want to look down, it'll put you off your tea. However, I can assure you they're blue and white through and through.

I just don't understand the constant extremes of reaction to any result. It's gone from the league being done and dusted on Tuesday to season over today. I prefer to see the wider picture. I can't argue that we've started well, I can't argue that 19th in L1 is acceptable. But the previous three games showed that defensively we were improving, goals coming from all over the pitch, chances created, good passing, movement, pace, etc. It suggests that we are getting together, but today showed that they haven't got it licked. Hopefully that'll be a lesson they'll take forward and we'll get a reaction against Shrewsbury (I really couldn't care less about the trophy match) and start a longer, better run of form.

We mustn't over react to this. on 18:41 - Oct 2 with 1517 viewsTheBoyBlue

We mustn't over react to this. on 17:42 - Oct 2 by Herbivore

You'd be happy to bumble around just outside the bottom 4 until March before judging Cook? Wow.

Clearly not. I was merely pointing out the absurdity of quoting league positions at a time of the season when one win can move you 6 places up, as it would've done today.

We mustn't over react to this. on 18:44 - Oct 2 with 1514 viewsTheBoyBlue

We mustn't over react to this. on 17:53 - Oct 2 by BlueBadger

It's a one off, based on recent weeks in which we've won 2 in ten?

Recent weeks as in 7 points from 9, 4 of them against some pretty decent teams at this level, showing fight, generally better play. Now we have to repeat that and better it.

We mustn't over react to this. on 18:45 - Oct 2 with 1507 viewsJ2BLUE

Agreed. I said he needed 10 games. He's not done it, but 7 points from 12 is enough to give him a few more games. At the moment he must be on thin ice.

With that said, with two winnable (on paper) games up next I can't say I would be angry if Ashton took action. I wonder what assurances the likes of Walton and Morsy were given to join us when we were already struggling.

With this squad, there is so much quality that if you used 442 and picked the players for each position out of a hat for each game, I really think we'd be top 6. In hindsight all this favoured formation stuff was worrying.

Not sure what to think now. Cook's overall performance has been awful, but maybe there is just enough to give him the next 3 games including the pizza cup. Obviously at this point it's hope rather than expectation.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We mustn't over react to this. on 18:58 - Oct 2 with 1473 viewsMullet

A chuffing blip?!?!? It's a series of blips, like I dunno, an alarm.

Blip my arse.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

We mustn't over react to this. on 19:31 - Oct 2 with 1431 viewsBlueBadger

We mustn't over react to this. on 18:44 - Oct 2 by TheBoyBlue

Recent weeks as in 7 points from 9, 4 of them against some pretty decent teams at this level, showing fight, generally better play. Now we have to repeat that and better it.

We're averaging 10 points over 10 games.

And we've not played some 'pretty decent teams' we'e played some, at best, also-rans. We're yet to face the 'pretty decent' teams in the division.

We mustn't over react to this. on 20:38 - Oct 2 with 1372 viewsStewart27

We mustn't over react to this. on 17:38 - Oct 2 by TheBoyBlue

It's all about context. We showed what we were capable of against Doncaster. True Doncaster were dreadful, but if we play like we did that night, we will win most of our games. It is coming together, but today needs to be a massive kick up the backside to some of these players that we can't just expect it.

Are you taking the p!ss?

The context is that we have won 2 in 10 and Cook hasn’t managed 2 wins in the bounce in division 3. The fact that we’ve shown what we’re capable of is an indication of how good our players are or can be. If we’d have won today we’d be 14th. We didn’t. We’re 19th. If we’d have won all our games we’d be top. We haven’t. We’re 19th.
We mustn't over react to this. on 22:29 - Oct 2 with 1314 viewsHARRY10

We mustn't over react to this. on 18:41 - Oct 2 by TheBoyBlue

Clearly not. I was merely pointing out the absurdity of quoting league positions at a time of the season when one win can move you 6 places up, as it would've done today.

We've had eight other games to get that win which would have us higher in the table - and had it not been Doncaster on Tuesday we may well now be sat at the bottom.

The previous inept performances were excused by claims that the squad had not gelled - though others with similar number of changes had gelled. Next was the vacuous mumbo jumbo a work in progress' as if you can have work that is not in progress. The view is that we are not quite ready, an s if other squads are not in a continuous state of flux, moving players in and out of the team striving for the best, bit are the finished product.

Too many times this 'all stars' team has fallen well short. An extra keeper is brought in, in what looks now to be a panic measure. If he was the keeper we were supposedly chasing all summer then why is he not even in the squad ?

Morsy was to be the talisman. The final piece in the jigsaw that would drive us forward. Whereas, all we got was another lacklustre performance - against a club from a town of 35,000 souls in a non league size ground. This is the type of ground where a few years back we might only expect to visit in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. The 3rd round now would denote a cup run.

Whatever went before, Paul Cook is not leading us to the Championship. Nearly a quarter of the season gone and we have spent most either in or just above the relegation zone.

I think most could accept the result today if it was off the back of a determined performance that was only undone by bad luck/decisions etc. But we were beaten yet again in a manner that suggests the players feel they have been let down in some way and so cannot be arsd to put in the effort.

I am sure Cook is doing his best, but then so would I be and many others were we given the chance. Another six games at this and we will need title winning level of performance every game to have a chance of making 6th place.

After the next 4 games we play 4 of the current top 5 teams (the other sits 8th) - and given the next 13 games we will need to beat all those outside the top six we play, then pick up points against those top six clubs to have around the suggested 38 points at the halfway mark.

Defeats against the likes of Accrington in such a dismal manner do not suggest we will win all those six 'easier' games, never mind picking up points in games against the top six clubs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024