Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There are a few loud voices on here 12:16 - Oct 3 with 2957 viewswaveneyblue

Who seem to be utterly reveling in our current position.

I said Cook was crap, I said the coaches are rubbish, I said the new owners are only in it for the money etc etc etc.

I do wonder if they get any joy out of football unless we are losing.
There are a few loud voices on here on 14:04 - Oct 3 with 824 viewsBlueBadger

There are a few loud voices on here on 13:15 - Oct 3 by bluestandard

I think rather than revelling in the current position, some on the board just aren’t prepared to be patient for Town success anymore (I guess after 20-odd years it’s understandable). There is no fundamental reason though why success HAS to happen this year. If we got promoted next season instead of this season for example, I don’t think the same people calling for change now would be saying ‘but it has no value because it wasn’t achieved in 2021-22’.

No. No more 'free hits'. 'Free hits' and the accompanying complacency is why we're marooned in this piss poor division. 'Ah well, there's alway next season' is acceptance of mediocrity.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 14:10]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

There are a few loud voices on here on 14:07 - Oct 3 with 818 viewsBlueBadger

There are a few loud voices on here on 13:18 - Oct 3 by MrTown

Be very surprised if there is any Town fan happy with our situation.

Thankfully not too many feel the need to constantly throw tantrums about it, and it’s just a small handful.

Whatever will be will be, we will have very little say on it.

Shocking to see Mister Football here, accepting medicrity.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

There are a few loud voices on here on 14:29 - Oct 3 with 796 viewswaveneyblue

There are a few loud voices on here on 12:55 - Oct 3 by GlasgowBlue

You just have.

My favourite kind of response. I was waiting, good work.
There are a few loud voices on here on 14:40 - Oct 3 with 785 viewsChurchman

There are a few loud voices on here on 12:29 - Oct 3 by waveneyblue

See elephantintheroom ... is that enough fact for you

Given elephantinthewhatever has been spouting the same rubbish for six months especially about the owners, I doubt he would say anything positive if we won the Champions League for ten straight years. He’s the only person who has abused the owners. When I’ve suggested he’s a sad budgie, posters have told me he’s not. He clearly has issues.

Forgetting captain sad, nobody wants the club to fail. I think most people such as myself are just bitterly disappointed. The owners have to date delivered all they promised. The club has structure and the CEO has again delivered what he promised.

The missing element is the team. Nobody can say hand on heart that Cook has done a good job so far. The league table tells you all you need to know. The players for this level are much vaunted, but the reality was that they couldn’t even match Accrington for effort and desire. Cook’s words. That’s not good enough.

If you can’t individually and collectively get yourselves up for a game, whether it’s at Wisbech or the Nou Camp, you are not much of a team and you belong at the bottom of any table. That’s where we are and deserve to be. There we will stay unless something changes.

Supporters are unhappy. So they should be. We have gone through the worst period in the club’s history. Years of neglect and mismanagement have left it a little club marooned in League One. People being frustrated and annoyed just prove they care. Only the dude in the first line of this post is enjoying the current mess.
There are a few loud voices on here on 14:45 - Oct 3 with 772 viewsMrTown

There are a few loud voices on here on 14:07 - Oct 3 by BlueBadger

Shocking to see Mister Football here, accepting medicrity.

My prior post literally states : “ Be very surprised if there is any Town fan happy with our situation.” - nobody is accepting mediocrity, nobody is happy or enjoying our start.

Put ya specs on ya silly boy.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 14:45]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

There are a few loud voices on here on 14:46 - Oct 3 with 767 viewsbobbyramsey

Some people seem to be confusing Game changers "long term project" with "a free hit."

I think a long term project deserves more than ten games...
There are a few loud voices on here on 15:10 - Oct 3 with 742 viewsBlueBadger

There are a few loud voices on here on 14:46 - Oct 3 by bobbyramsey

Some people seem to be confusing Game changers "long term project" with "a free hit."

I think a long term project deserves more than ten games...

What about a manager who's only won 6 out of 28 game though?

There are a few loud voices on here on 15:24 - Oct 3 with 717 viewstimothyeo

I've not seen any single poster revelling in our current situation.

That some, including me, make it clear we thought the signs were there from very early on only feel the need to do so because of the abuse received from the happy clappers when we first mentioned it. Its all very childish but it ends up being a back and forth situation.
Login to get fewer ads

There are a few loud voices on here on 15:29 - Oct 3 with 709 viewswaveneyblue

There are a few loud voices on here on 15:24 - Oct 3 by timothyeo

That some, including me, make it clear we thought the signs were there from very early on only feel the need to do so because of the abuse received from the happy clappers when we first mentioned it. Its all very childish but it ends up being a back and forth situation.

Sorry, I don't agree. It's the same old posters pilling on because we didn't beat little old Accrington.

I'm as fed up as the rest, we all expected better but it was the first defeat in 4 and we have no device right to beat teams in this league.

My honest opinion is if we still are still not seeing marked improvement in the results by the end of the month, then its probably time for a change
There are a few loud voices on here on 15:31 - Oct 3 with 710 viewsMrTown

There are a few loud voices on here on 15:24 - Oct 3 by timothyeo

‘It’s all very childish back and forth between the supporters’, whilst referring to the other set of fans as happy clappers within the same post.

Theres a fantastic bit of irony right here.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 15:31]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

There are a few loud voices on here on 15:32 - Oct 3 with 699 viewsbluestandard

There are a few loud voices on here on 14:04 - Oct 3 by BlueBadger

No. No more 'free hits'. 'Free hits' and the accompanying complacency is why we're marooned in this piss poor division. 'Ah well, there's alway next season' is acceptance of mediocrity.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 14:10]

I’ve gone on the record that I think we’ll make the play offs this year, what happens next is somewhat of a lottery. To make the play offs, we’ll need to have shown some consistent form at some point in the season, especially considering where we are now. If we achieve it, I’d like to see PC stay on. If not, his position looks very vulnerable.

Imo your use of the phrase ‘free hit’ is misplaced. It assumes that a change would unequivocally be a better option than sticking with PC. There are so many variables at play here. How would the players respond to a new manager, given many joined because of PC. Would a new manager definitely result in an upturn in results? Many clubs as big as us have spent several seasons in league 1 before going back up to the Championship. It’s a process. You can’t hurry it along I’m afraid. Even if some fans can’t see it, I’m pretty sure the owners do. It just sucks for us that we lost two years under ME, who clearly didn’t give the backing that Gamechanger have. The loss of those years has exacerbated the feelings amongst the fan base……
There are a few loud voices on here on 15:32 - Oct 3 with 700 viewstimothyeo

There are a few loud voices on here on 15:31 - Oct 3 by MrTown

‘It’s all very childish back and forth between the supporters’, whilst referring to the other set of fans as happy clappers within the same post.

Theres a fantastic bit of irony right here.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 15:31]

Its not irony when it's intentional. I hate the term happy clapper. Just like I hate being told that I'm not a true fan because I don't think the manager is very good. Both are useless throwaways that stifle debate.
There are a few loud voices on here on 15:36 - Oct 3 with 692 viewstimothyeo

There are a few loud voices on here on 15:29 - Oct 3 by waveneyblue

Sorry, I don't agree. It's the same old posters pilling on because we didn't beat little old Accrington.

I'm as fed up as the rest, we all expected better but it was the first defeat in 4 and we have no device right to beat teams in this league.

My honest opinion is if we still are still not seeing marked improvement in the results by the end of the month, then its probably time for a change

Maybe I've not fully read everything you have so I don't have the same viewpoint.

Of course Bluefish has perhaps created a couple extra threads than necessary but for the most part I've just seen the same posters who had the same concerns as me still concerned about it.

I am quite happy for Cook to be sacked today. I dont think hes bringing anything to the table where the risk / reward is too close to question now.
There are a few loud voices on here on 16:15 - Oct 3 with 666 viewsBluearmy71

There are a few loud voices on here on 13:15 - Oct 3 by bluestandard

I think rather than revelling in the current position, some on the board just aren’t prepared to be patient for Town success anymore (I guess after 20-odd years it’s understandable). There is no fundamental reason though why success HAS to happen this year. If we got promoted next season instead of this season for example, I don’t think the same people calling for change now would be saying ‘but it has no value because it wasn’t achieved in 2021-22’.

A lot of people seem to over look especially given how many times it was said by the new owners and manager "We want to get to the Championship as quick as we can" it was never said that we are going up this year, but tbf at the time this was said not a single person associated with ITFC could have envisaged the start we've had to this season.

Nothing was promised along promotion lines!!
There are a few loud voices on here on 16:42 - Oct 3 with 649 viewsnoggin

There are a few loud voices on here on 12:21 - Oct 3 by ZXBlue

No one has said the third thing at all.

It's true though. They're not in it for their love of little ol' Ipswich.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

There are a few loud voices on here on 17:27 - Oct 3 with 620 viewsElephantintheRoom

There are a few loud voices on here on 16:15 - Oct 3 by Bluearmy71

A lot of people seem to over look especially given how many times it was said by the new owners and manager "We want to get to the Championship as quick as we can" it was never said that we are going up this year, but tbf at the time this was said not a single person associated with ITFC could have envisaged the start we've had to this season.

Nothing was promised along promotion lines!!

People seem to have their heads in the sand and love talking out of their rear ends.

I can't see how being unhappy to see a small town football club in Suffolk that you have supported for half a century being turned into an Ohio-based franchise in hock to a Arizona pension fund iwith phantom owners who barely know where Ipswich is and have no comprehension of the football league pyramid is particularly good news.

I also dont see how gutting the club and putting together a group of ad-hoc players and backroon staff headed by an extra from The Office can be expected to succeed in weeks either - and there is so far no indication whatsoever that Cook is anything other than a disastrous appointment.

That being said it's happened and it'll pan out as good, bad or indifferent. The powers that be have been pretty clear its a long term project - without ever mentioning how much time they have on the gravy train. But it's slightly perplexing to see people criticising those who aren't overly impressed with the franchise, new owners or their acolytes being criticised by people who moaned and bitched so vehemently in division 2 as the club subsided to relegation. That suddenly seems the promised land.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

There are a few loud voices on here on 17:37 - Oct 3 with 614 viewsrgp1

There are a few loud voices on here on 15:10 - Oct 3 by BlueBadger

Agreed and I reckon it's hard to find a manager who has kept his job with that kind of record.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 17:38]
There are a few loud voices on here on 17:41 - Oct 3 with 610 viewsOldboy

They watch on their laptops as going to games is to much hassle. Just ignore the majority of them. Some make valid points, but most are just after a rise.
There are a few loud voices on here on 20:18 - Oct 3 with 564 viewsRyorry

There are a few loud voices on here on 17:41 - Oct 3 by Oldboy

They watch on their laptops as going to games is to much hassle. Just ignore the majority of them. Some make valid points, but most are just after a rise.

There are numerous perfectly valid reasons for not going to games, particularly atm.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

There are a few loud voices on here on 20:44 - Oct 3 with 544 viewsBluedandy

There are a few loud voices on here on 17:27 - Oct 3 by ElephantintheRoom

People seem to have their heads in the sand and love talking out of their rear ends.

I can't see how being unhappy to see a small town football club in Suffolk that you have supported for half a century being turned into an Ohio-based franchise in hock to a Arizona pension fund iwith phantom owners who barely know where Ipswich is and have no comprehension of the football league pyramid is particularly good news.

I also dont see how gutting the club and putting together a group of ad-hoc players and backroon staff headed by an extra from The Office can be expected to succeed in weeks either - and there is so far no indication whatsoever that Cook is anything other than a disastrous appointment.

That being said it's happened and it'll pan out as good, bad or indifferent. The powers that be have been pretty clear its a long term project - without ever mentioning how much time they have on the gravy train. But it's slightly perplexing to see people criticising those who aren't overly impressed with the franchise, new owners or their acolytes being criticised by people who moaned and bitched so vehemently in division 2 as the club subsided to relegation. That suddenly seems the promised land.

Truly bizarre waffle ...

Ipswich Town is an Ohio-based franchise with phantom powers that be on a gravy train with no idea where they are?

You clearly don't understand much including the metaphorical concept of a gravy train.

Stay off the sauce.
There are a few loud voices on here on 22:06 - Oct 3 with 495 viewsChurchman

Say something positive. Just one thing. Go on - you never know, you may just like it.
There are a few loud voices on here on 22:19 - Oct 3 with 477 viewsZXBlue

Embarrassing effort even by your feathered standards.
There are a few loud voices on here on 05:45 - Oct 4 with 409 viewsbobbyramsey

There are a few loud voices on here on 15:10 - Oct 3 by BlueBadger

The new regime didn't get going until the start of this season.

Anyway, seven months or so (three of which were the "closed season") can not be regarded as long term.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 5:54]
There are a few loud voices on here on 06:35 - Oct 4 with 398 viewsblueconscience

There are a few loud voices on here on 05:45 - Oct 4 by bobbyramsey

The new regime didn't get going until the start of this season.

Anyway, seven months or so (three of which were the "closed season") can not be regarded as long term.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 5:54]

2 wins out of 10 then. how marvellous, despite being a lower percentage than his grand total of 6 in 28.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

There are a few loud voices on here on 08:25 - Oct 4 with 331 viewsbobbyramsey

There are a few loud voices on here on 06:35 - Oct 4 by blueconscience

2 wins out of 10 then. how marvellous, despite being a lower percentage than his grand total of 6 in 28.

I'm not actually disagreeing, but 10 games plus the dregs of last season is not exactly a long term view is it.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024