Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? 13:47 - Oct 7 with 2376 viewschrismakin

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 13:54 - Oct 7 with 1943 viewsSitfcB

Why is it bizarre?

It’s in reference to his thread on agents yesterday.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 13:57 - Oct 7 with 1912 viewsWallingford_Boy

Not sure how Burgess would feel about a private conversation being made public, but nothing of interest in there really.

RIP Sir Bobby

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 14:00 - Oct 7 with 1888 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Its a bit of self promotion.

He's basically been advertising his club as somewhere that people can come and prove themselves, and that he wont get in the way of a 'big' move when theyve done that.

Sensible approach to be fair. Kinda the opposite to Levy.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 14:04 - Oct 7 with 1859 viewsOldboy

This isn't a dig, well it is a bit, but why are you always trying to find a story that doesn't exist? The BBC are bad enough at trying to make a story out of nowhere, without you doing it on here as well.
Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 14:10 - Oct 7 with 1816 viewschrismakin

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 14:04 - Oct 7 by Oldboy

This isn't a dig, well it is a bit, but why are you always trying to find a story that doesn't exist? The BBC are bad enough at trying to make a story out of nowhere, without you doing it on here as well.

See I think this reply interesting

It's a football Forum, there are no rules to what should or shouldn't be posted ( well unless its offensive of course). If people want to discuss a thread, go ahead, if you don't and you don't see it worthwhile. then move on without commenting.

There's not a host of new threads to discuss so what's the problem with posting about something town related on a town site.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2021 14:12]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 14:11 - Oct 7 with 1806 viewschrismakin

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 14:00 - Oct 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

Its a bit of self promotion.

He's basically been advertising his club as somewhere that people can come and prove themselves, and that he wont get in the way of a 'big' move when theyve done that.

Sensible approach to be fair. Kinda the opposite to Levy.

Cheers Marshall, appreciate the reply and explains the reasoning behind it.

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 14:20 - Oct 7 with 1727 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Can't believe I clicked on that and read it. Am I missing something?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 14:24 - Oct 7 with 1687 viewsWallingford_Boy

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 14:20 - Oct 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yes, see above.

RIP Sir Bobby

Login to get fewer ads

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 14:31 - Oct 7 with 1638 viewsDarth_Koont

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 13:54 - Oct 7 by SitfcB

Why is it bizarre?

It’s in reference to his thread on agents yesterday.

Yeah but it needs that context. If he’d added it to his thread from earlier about agents it would prove his point there and wouldn’t seem as random as it on its own.

Pronouns: He/Him

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 14:59 - Oct 7 with 1498 viewsOldboy

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 14:20 - Oct 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

No you haven't missed anything, well, apart from another pointless post by chisevens.
Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:04 - Oct 7 with 1471 viewsOldboy

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 14:10 - Oct 7 by chrismakin

See I think this reply interesting

It's a football Forum, there are no rules to what should or shouldn't be posted ( well unless its offensive of course). If people want to discuss a thread, go ahead, if you don't and you don't see it worthwhile. then move on without commenting.

There's not a host of new threads to discuss so what's the problem with posting about something town related on a town site.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2021 14:12]

Just a pointless post though. People click on to see what its about and nothing. Yes, kind of Ipswich related (player), but still.......
Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:08 - Oct 7 with 1442 viewsBlueBadger

What is this unfathomable non-story you're getting your knickers into a twist about now?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:10 - Oct 7 with 1426 viewsOldboy

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:08 - Oct 7 by BlueBadger

What is this unfathomable non-story you're getting your knickers into a twist about now?

If you don't like it, just move along. That is what he told me to do anyway.
Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:16 - Oct 7 with 1385 viewsBlueBadger

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:10 - Oct 7 by Oldboy

If you don't like it, just move along. That is what he told me to do anyway.

I'd like to know what it's about before I decided wether I like it first....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:18 - Oct 7 with 1376 viewstractorboy1978

Not sure why Chris is getting stick for this. Bit of insight into the interaction between a player (that is ours) and an owner when a possible transfer comes about. Not ground breaking but relates to us and the abuse is not necessary.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2021 15:19]
Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:19 - Oct 7 with 1352 viewsOldboy

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:16 - Oct 7 by BlueBadger

I'd like to know what it's about before I decided wether I like it first....

Taste before you buy. Not sure pointlesschris does that.
Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:21 - Oct 7 with 1336 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:18 - Oct 7 by tractorboy1978

Not sure why Chris is getting stick for this. Bit of insight into the interaction between a player (that is ours) and an owner when a possible transfer comes about. Not ground breaking but relates to us and the abuse is not necessary.

Yes, this

EDIT: although FWIW the only bit I found interesting was the part where Burgess asked if his agent could call and their chairman replied that he was on the beers!
[Post edited 7 Oct 2021 15:23]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:21 - Oct 7 with 1330 viewsOldboy

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:18 - Oct 7 by tractorboy1978

'abuse"? Care to explain?
Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:25 - Oct 7 with 1300 viewstractorboy1978

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:21 - Oct 7 by Oldboy

'abuse"? Care to explain?

Well calling his post pointless and him pointlesschris isn't particularly nice is it?
Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:28 - Oct 7 with 1277 viewsOldboy

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:25 - Oct 7 by tractorboy1978

Well calling his post pointless and him pointlesschris isn't particularly nice is it?

Hardly"abuse" though. I will try and pick my words more carefully in future. Apology accepted.
Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:29 - Oct 7 with 1274 viewsIllinoisblue

Indeed. I find tweets like that interesting. Holt, in a later tweet also said Ashton is a great guy to work with which will no doubt please our Bristol City lurkers.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:34 - Oct 7 with 1233 viewsBlueBadger

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 13:57 - Oct 7 by Wallingford_Boy

Not sure how Burgess would feel about a private conversation being made public, but nothing of interest in there really.

I get THAT bit. But what's his PONT?

Is this just yet another one of his poorly thought through hot takes that ends up with him crying about people bullying him again?

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:35 - Oct 7 with 1227 viewsWallingford_Boy

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:28 - Oct 7 by Oldboy

Hardly"abuse" though. I will try and pick my words more carefully in future. Apology accepted.

Or just refrain from commenting, as Chris said himself.

For someone that found the post "pointless", you sure seem to be spending a lot of time commenting on it.

RIP Sir Bobby

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:41 - Oct 7 with 1230 viewsPhilTWTD

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:04 - Oct 7 by Oldboy

Just a pointless post though. People click on to see what its about and nothing. Yes, kind of Ipswich related (player), but still.......

I don't see anything wrong in posting it. I'd already retweeted it and also ran a story on it.
Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 16:06 - Oct 7 with 1110 viewschrismakin

Nice bit of honesty or bizarre post to tweet? on 15:08 - Oct 7 by BlueBadger

None Badge, I wasn't aware of previous agent talk, just saw this piece as a stand alone tweet and thought might be of interest to posters as it's ipswich related.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024