Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Re - got to find a place for Vincent young 06:18 - Oct 10 with 2357 viewsStuartSlater

His performance against Gillingham was.excellent .... He was dynamic and creative .... Defence okay needs work... So how about we put Burns just off Bonne and play young in the wide role

Poll: Craig Bellamy - Bell end or Misunderstood

Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 06:50 - Oct 10 with 2072 viewssuffolking_good

Are you mad ??
Burns is probably are most consistent player over the last few games.
Kyv is no where near he’s level.
Donacian is also better .
Just loan him out
Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 06:58 - Oct 10 with 2063 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Burns’ main weapon is his intelligent run he does in behind the left back to then be able to square it to the striker. Putting him in the middle would negate that.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 07:07 - Oct 10 with 2046 viewsRomeo4

A fully fit and firing KVY would be the first choice RB. However he hasn’t looked anything close to that since his return. Hence Donacien stepping in.

Burns has to play wide right. Can’t see him being as effective in a more central role.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 7:08]
Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 08:09 - Oct 10 with 1933 viewschicoazul

I think people think poor old Kane is the same player from 2 years ago. He isn’t. He’s had horrendous injuries and can’t get up and down like he did, and the fact he isn’t as good a defender as Janoi means he can’t get as far as the bench right now. It’s a shame but it may be a legacy of Evans many years of under investment in the recovery side of things.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 08:41 - Oct 10 with 1879 viewsHealysBackPocket

Why do we “need” to find a place for him? Bar his Gillingham performance, he was absolute pony this season and considering Donacien and Burns are both in the form of their lives currently, I see very little benefit in displacing either of them just to get KVY back in the team.

However, he might get his chance at LB if Penney injury a bad one and Coulson not quite back up to it yet.
Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 08:49 - Oct 10 with 1848 viewsGarv

Not having the moving of Burns but I also want to get KVY back in the side.

We can be so negative when starting attacks and unfortunately that often comes from JD. Not his fault as that's not his game, but a positive right back to go with the fantastic Penney on the other side would be so good.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 09:07 - Oct 10 with 1797 views3_5_2

Nice situation to have

Got 3 decent players vying for 2 places.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 09:21 - Oct 10 with 1751 viewsmonty_radio

Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 08:49 - Oct 10 by Garv

Not having the moving of Burns but I also want to get KVY back in the side.

We can be so negative when starting attacks and unfortunately that often comes from JD. Not his fault as that's not his game, but a positive right back to go with the fantastic Penney on the other side would be so good.

Except that Donacien's reading of danger across the back saved us from needing to score two extra goals. Like many I was hoping from memory of great things on the return of KVY but, for that returning period at least, his forward drive deserted him and he is clearly not as good as J.D. at the back.

Difficult to improve without games - perhaps his time will come again, but I can see the chequebook being reached for if Cook really wants attacking threat at R.B. coupled with defensive solidity.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 09:28 - Oct 10 with 1725 viewsOldboy

It should be about Fielding your best team, not best players. Leave it as it is for now
Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 09:33 - Oct 10 with 1706 viewsDubtractor

Why on earth would we take one of our best performers all season, and move him from the position he has looked best, into one he is unsuited for?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 09:35 - Oct 10 with 1707 viewsRegencyBlue

Two years ago you may have had a point.

Since his injury however, KVY is a shadow of the player he was. He looks to have lost a yard of pace, which was what often got him out of trouble, and I can’t see him getting back into the first team anytime soon.
Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 09:42 - Oct 10 with 1682 viewsBloomBlue

Trouble with KVY at the moment is he's great going forward but has lost the speed to get back and that was leaving a large hole in the RB position for the opposition. If you watch the Bolton game they attacked that situation almost from the start of the game, opposition managers have worked it out as a weakness. We're stronger in defence now without him.

Now once we get on a roll and players build up even more knowledge of each other and KVY's fitness continues to improve then maybe we can get the KVY back from 2 years ago.
Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 10:56 - Oct 10 with 1582 viewsWickets

KVY is capable of being a really good player at this and Championship level but he is taking his time to return to form after a long lay off . For me just leave the right hand side alone at the moment if it aint broke why try and fix it .
Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 11:10 - Oct 10 with 1559 viewsDarth_Koont

I think Donacien has been decent enough going forward without having KVY’s ceiling. But it’s defensively that he’s streets ahead. Covering across the back like he did yesterday but also his defensive ability one-on-one leaves Burns free to push up.

He’s arguably the player of the season alongside Bonne so far.

Pronouns: He/Him

Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 11:24 - Oct 10 with 1540 viewsportmanroadblue

Think he has a place in the team against lower opposition, PC doesnt want to change the formation, so for me he has no real plan B, but he could use different players in the same role against different opposition. When we can attack more we use KVY and Coulson and Donacian and Penny when we want a bit more solidity at the back. Same with the 5 in midfield.
Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 11:25 - Oct 10 with 1540 viewsWickets

Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 11:10 - Oct 10 by Darth_Koont

I think Donacien has been decent enough going forward without having KVY’s ceiling. But it’s defensively that he’s streets ahead. Covering across the back like he did yesterday but also his defensive ability one-on-one leaves Burns free to push up.

He’s arguably the player of the season alongside Bonne so far.

Yes he is playing well no doubt but he did get done quite easily yesterday just after they scored but as luck would have it they missed a good chance to go a goal up . Check the highlights .
Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 11:41 - Oct 10 with 1514 viewsDarth_Koont

Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 11:25 - Oct 10 by Wickets

Yes he is playing well no doubt but he did get done quite easily yesterday just after they scored but as luck would have it they missed a good chance to go a goal up . Check the highlights .

Yeah, I remember it. The winger tricked him on the edge of the box and got a low cross into the 6 yard area that Edmundson also couldn’t cut out.

Donacien isn’t infallible but we give up 1 or more of those per game with KVY. Which is fine because he’s an attacking wingback type more than a back 4 defender – and I think there’ll be time for that attacking from deep during the season. Especially if opposition teams start putting more players behind the ball.

Pronouns: He/Him

Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 11:43 - Oct 10 with 1509 viewswkj

KVY has to do what Donacien did and play his way into the team. He's not quite the same player as he was when we first got him, and doesn't deserve a spot on the starting lineup more than Burns does.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 12:02 - Oct 10 with 1477 viewsParky

If Coulson and Penney are both injured, I can see KVY playing left back next week.
Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 12:05 - Oct 10 with 1471 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Play him at LB

He was a LB at Col U

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 12:57 - Oct 10 with 1416 viewspositivity

Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 12:05 - Oct 10 by TRUE_BLUE123

Play him at LB

He was a LB at Col U

alternatively, play donacien at lb, and kvy at rb.

donacien's played plenty of games at lb for stanley

probably all academic as it sounds like coulson will be back....

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 10:22 - Oct 11 with 1196 viewsBlueBlood90

He didn't play well in the first few games when he was picked and hasn't proved that he can stay fit for any sustained period. On top of that, Donacien has been in our top 3 players this season in my opinion and made himself undroppable for the time being.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 11:30 - Oct 11 with 1108 viewsitfcsuth

Why would we change right now?

Since Lincoln (where JD was outstanding v Scully on the day), we have been in good form.

It's a good situation to be in, and KVY is good option to have given his ability to cover both full backs, but right now he has to be patient.
Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 11:45 - Oct 11 with 1069 viewsJakeITFC

A slight aside, but I would be more comfortable with KVY as our defensive sub if we are only going to have one (over Toto). Just think we can get to a more balanced back four more often with him there than a centre back if we are forced into a defensive switch.
Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 18:52 - Oct 11 with 915 viewsWickets

Re - got to find a place for Vincent young on 11:45 - Oct 11 by JakeITFC

A slight aside, but I would be more comfortable with KVY as our defensive sub if we are only going to have one (over Toto). Just think we can get to a more balanced back four more often with him there than a centre back if we are forced into a defensive switch.

Must admit i was surprised that Toto was our only defensive sub on Saturday but i seem to remember us going 3 at the back against Lincoln with Woofie . As Donacian is comftable as a CB if you only have one defender on the bench i would have thought KVY would be that man !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024