Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs 16:50 - Nov 18 with 7978 viewsGlasgowBlue

An honest and genuine apology with no squirming or wriggling.

[Post edited 18 Nov 2021 16:55]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 16:55 - Nov 18 with 3247 viewsbluelagos

*without* squirming or wriggling?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 16:56 - Nov 18 with 3242 viewsGlasgowBlue

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 16:55 - Nov 18 by bluelagos

*without* squirming or wriggling?

Yeah edited. Left that out by mistake.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2021 16:57]

Iron Lion Zion

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 16:59 - Nov 18 with 3218 viewsbluelagos

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 16:56 - Nov 18 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah edited. Left that out by mistake.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2021 16:57]

Agree with you. His apology seems genuine and is in stark contrast to the denial from many of his fellow cricketers over allegations of racism.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:02 - Nov 18 with 3196 viewsMullet

What he’s said is wrong. But I wonder if this is about stifling him and deflection rather than genuine concern about antisemitism.

What’s the context of the report etc - the context of the comments are evident after all.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:04 - Nov 18 with 3163 viewsFtnfwest

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:02 - Nov 18 by Mullet

What he’s said is wrong. But I wonder if this is about stifling him and deflection rather than genuine concern about antisemitism.

What’s the context of the report etc - the context of the comments are evident after all.

Probably as they haven’t disclosed the abusive ones he sent about the England coach in 2010, so probably holding those back
Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:07 - Nov 18 with 3126 viewsZx1988

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:02 - Nov 18 by Mullet

My thoughts as well. I'm sure it's no coincidence that I've seen a number of posts today on various Social Media platforms pointing out instances where Pakistanis have used the 'P' word to refer to themselves.

It seems Rafiq has kicked a hornet's nest and, rather than admit any wrongdoing, those implicated are doing what they can to discredit him and his arguments.

The "he was racist to Gary Ballance" argument didn't stick, so they're trying to find whatever else that they can use to discredit him and argue "he was just as bad/worse".
[Post edited 18 Nov 2021 17:13]

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:07 - Nov 18 with 3118 viewsDigger77

Awks.
Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:07 - Nov 18 with 3113 viewsusm

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 16:59 - Nov 18 by bluelagos

Agree with you. His apology seems genuine and is in stark contrast to the denial from many of his fellow cricketers over allegations of racism.

There'll be more, I would imagine - he said initially this came out that he and Gary Ballance exchanged "banter".

Good on him for a genuine apology - as has been said on here it'd be good if a few more genuine apologies were forthcoming from others.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Login to get fewer ads

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:13 - Nov 18 with 3057 viewsBlueBadger

Oh come on now Glassers, he's clearly just criticising the Israeli government there...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:14 - Nov 18 with 3028 viewsGlasgowBlue

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:13 - Nov 18 by BlueBadger

Oh come on now Glassers, he's clearly just criticising the Israeli government there...

5-4-3-2-1....

Iron Lion Zion

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:15 - Nov 18 with 3028 viewsmikeybloo88

I'd have thought a man who'd been so offended by comments about his own race might have been a bit more aware of making offensive slurs on other races? And of course, his apology has to be more genuine than the contrition from those he's accused because..well, because why exactly?
Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:17 - Nov 18 with 3002 viewsBlueBadger

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:15 - Nov 18 by mikeybloo88

I'd have thought a man who'd been so offended by comments about his own race might have been a bit more aware of making offensive slurs on other races? And of course, his apology has to be more genuine than the contrition from those he's accused because..well, because why exactly?

People in 'complicated' shocker.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:21 - Nov 18 with 2963 viewsFtnfwest

Oh come on, clearly just banter
Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:22 - Nov 18 with 2953 viewsBlueBadger

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:21 - Nov 18 by Ftnfwest

Oh come on, clearly just banter

Or 'dickish casual racism', as it's correctly known.

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:27 - Nov 18 with 2907 viewsFtnfwest

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:22 - Nov 18 by BlueBadger

Or 'dickish casual racism', as it's correctly known.

They seem to be reporting it as ‘anti semitism’ to make a clear distinction from racism.
Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:28 - Nov 18 with 2897 viewsjimmyvet

In Rafiqs defence he has apologised unreservedly and swiftly. However it does a huge amount of damage to his credibility and I suspect a lot more will come out in future days that will cause him a lot of personal harm and that’s very sad because he is grieving and I fear also has mental health issues.

His legal advisers have dropped him right in it because surely they should have made sure he himself was not and had not been racist during his past ?

What is clear already of course is the outrage shown to those morons at YCC who were disgraceful won’t be shown to Rafiq and why is racism against the Jewish community still seen as acceptable in many quarters ?.
Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:29 - Nov 18 with 2890 viewsFixed_It

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:07 - Nov 18 by Digger77

Awks.

Imagine my shock to see you jump in on this thread!!!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:30 - Nov 18 with 2879 viewsBlueBadger

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:27 - Nov 18 by Ftnfwest

They seem to be reporting it as ‘anti semitism’ to make a clear distinction from racism.

'Dickish anti-semitism', then.

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:33 - Nov 18 with 2858 viewsEwan_Oozami

Right-wing media:

"Job done"

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:35 - Nov 18 with 2855 viewsMullet

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:07 - Nov 18 by usm

There'll be more, I would imagine - he said initially this came out that he and Gary Ballance exchanged "banter".

Good on him for a genuine apology - as has been said on here it'd be good if a few more genuine apologies were forthcoming from others.

It does seem that equating this conversation with what he’s exposed as prolonged and culturally acceptable is going to help us all lose focus. I don’t follow cricket so I’ll let those that do explain the key players and moving parts in this.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:36 - Nov 18 with 2841 viewsGlasgowBlue

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:27 - Nov 18 by Ftnfwest

antisemitism is racism. It's racism against Jews. Just as Islamophobia is racism against Muslims.

Iron Lion Zion

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:40 - Nov 18 with 2810 viewsJakeITFC

Think Barney Ronay sums it up nicely:

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:49 - Nov 18 with 2740 viewsmikeybloo88

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:33 - Nov 18 by Ewan_Oozami

Right-wing media:

"Job done"

I realise it must come as a shock to you to discover racism is not solely confined to white men...
Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 18:01 - Nov 18 with 2653 viewsBlueBadger

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:49 - Nov 18 by mikeybloo88

I realise it must come as a shock to you to discover racism is not solely confined to white men...

Interesting that you're very keen on pointing out that it's bad when it's non-white people doing it though.

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 18:11 - Nov 18 with 2571 viewsGlasgowBlue

Azeem Rafiq apologises for using racial slurs on 17:40 - Nov 18 by JakeITFC

Think Barney Ronay sums it up nicely:

Spot on.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024