Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I would go with... 11:55 - Nov 23 with 1627 viewsclive_baker

Walton
Donacien Woolfenden Edmundson Vincent-Young
Evans Morsy
Burns Chaplin Celina
Bonne

Chaplin simply has to start, I'm getting a bit annoyed at him sitting on the bench. KVY I'm bringing in on the left as I think it's a lot to ask of young Clements, and I fear tonight would be a big ask of him. Celina needs to be on it if he's on the left and remember his defensive responsibilities. That's a side of Edwards' game that I really rate.

Woolfenden in for Toto, not that I think he's great, but he is a touch better on the ball. Toto's cards are marked, it was as clear as day that he's been targetted in recent games, watch how quick they will be to press him if he starts, knowing his distribution is lacking and they'll turn the ball over.

Aluko for Burns if he's not fit. Edwards on the bench as a potential game changer.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I would go with... on 11:58 - Nov 23 with 1584 viewsitfc1108

I'd swap Woolfenden with Toto, and Celina with Aluko.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 11:59]
I would go with... on 12:01 - Nov 23 with 1545 viewsBeckets

Woolfenden played for the Under 23s yesterday. He won't even be in the 18.
I would go with... on 12:04 - Nov 23 with 1521 viewsJon_456

Isnt their striker Smith a bit of a unit that wins everything in the air? Definitely a game for Toto tonight.
I would go with... on 12:09 - Nov 23 with 1500 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

If Burns starts we win.
I would go with... on 12:11 - Nov 23 with 1490 viewsunstableblue

I would go with... on 12:09 - Nov 23 by BlueBlueBluex2

If Burns starts we win.

Injured, unless Cook is playing mind games

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I would go with... on 12:14 - Nov 23 with 1470 viewsclive_baker

I would go with... on 12:04 - Nov 23 by Jon_456

Isnt their striker Smith a bit of a unit that wins everything in the air? Definitely a game for Toto tonight.

Yeah he's the one who is scoring for fun, although Edmundson can deal with him. He's more than a big man though, pretty decent on the deck.

I would go with... on 12:17 - Nov 23 with 1456 viewsitfcsuth

I would go with... on 12:14 - Nov 23 by clive_baker

Yeah he's the one who is scoring for fun, although Edmundson can deal with him. He's more than a big man though, pretty decent on the deck.

He is. Him and Crooks impressed me when they were in L1 previously.

He is a very big man, think he would aerially dominate Edmundson & Toto, possibly not Burgess who must be in serious consideration for tonight.
I would go with... on 12:29 - Nov 23 with 1373 viewsitfcjoe

I would go with... on 12:14 - Nov 23 by clive_baker

Ladapo is scoring goals just as quickly but not played as many minutes, going to be a very tough one tonight

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

I would go with... on 12:36 - Nov 23 with 1322 viewstextbackup

aluko - chaplin - A.N other

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I would go with... on 12:50 - Nov 23 with 1250 viewsWickets

Pretty similar to me really. Woolf needs a rocket up his backside before the ko , hopefully PC is learning how to best handle him . If Coulson or Penny are fit i would use them left with KVY on the right, hard on Donacian but i feel in PC 's system we need attacking wing back's.
I would go with... on 12:52 - Nov 23 with 1233 viewsWickets

I would go with... on 12:01 - Nov 23 by Beckets

True but we are saying what we would go with , what we think the team will be is different !
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 12:54]
I would go with... on 13:21 - Nov 23 with 1146 viewsclive_baker

I would go with... on 12:01 - Nov 23 by Beckets

Yeah, I fully anticipate Toto and Edmundson as the pairing, I would be very surprised if it's any different. Would be surprised to see KVY at LB too given Cook as never played him there I don't think. I'm just saying it's what I would go with.

Nsiala's aerial ability is valuable, for sure. Can't help but feel against the press of Smith or Ladapo, perhaps even Grigg could prove challenging by way of ball retention.

I would go with... on 13:43 - Nov 23 with 1080 viewsBeckets

I would go with... on 12:52 - Nov 23 by Wickets

True but we are saying what we would go with , what we think the team will be is different !
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 12:54]

Ah ok. In that case I agree. An in form Woolfy would be my choice alongside Edmundson but on current form he seems a long way off.
I would go with... on 14:05 - Nov 23 with 1018 viewsGarv

I would go with... on 12:50 - Nov 23 by Wickets

Pretty similar to me really. Woolf needs a rocket up his backside before the ko , hopefully PC is learning how to best handle him . If Coulson or Penny are fit i would use them left with KVY on the right, hard on Donacian but i feel in PC 's system we need attacking wing back's.

Agreed. JD's defensive form is a bit annoying because I don't think he's good enough in an attacking sense for this team.

Cook will still want to get to a position where he can get KVY (or a new RB) in there.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I would go with... on 15:36 - Nov 23 with 913 viewsEly_Blue

You say they will target Toto because he’s weak on the ball, you do know Rotherham’s strength is balls into the box and Toto is far better at dealing with that than LW, he would get targeted with every high bill if he plays tonight guaranteed

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

I would go with... on 15:48 - Nov 23 with 886 viewsDavoIPB

Wolfenden quite rightly shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. Played in the under 23s with Smith and Holy in goal and they shipped 4 between them.

Aluko needed in the team. Burns is injured. KVY good attacking but Rotherham too dangerous down that side to risk him in defence.

My guess is it will be exactly the same as on Saturday. After all we completely outplayed Sunderland and should have won the game. Why change it?
I would go with... on 15:53 - Nov 23 with 874 viewsnoggin

I would go with... on 15:48 - Nov 23 by DavoIPB

Wolfenden quite rightly shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. Played in the under 23s with Smith and Holy in goal and they shipped 4 between them.

Aluko needed in the team. Burns is injured. KVY good attacking but Rotherham too dangerous down that side to risk him in defence.

My guess is it will be exactly the same as on Saturday. After all we completely outplayed Sunderland and should have won the game. Why change it?

Yeah but Toto made a mistake 2 years ago.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I would go with... on 15:58 - Nov 23 with 862 viewsChrisd

Feel you have to match up with them a little tonight, Toto for me over Woolfenden as Nsiala loves the physical battle and he's going to get plenty of that tonight. It's not that I don't feel Woolfie isn't a good player, just feel he'll get bullied. Also, I might start Burgess at LB once again to counter the aerial bombardment , but provide some height for set pieces both defensively and in the attacking sense. Couldn't agree more about Chaplin, the fact is he needs to start and in that No.10 role behind Bonne, Celina on the left.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I would go with... on 17:09 - Nov 23 with 772 viewsclive_baker

I would go with... on 15:58 - Nov 23 by Chrisd

Feel you have to match up with them a little tonight, Toto for me over Woolfenden as Nsiala loves the physical battle and he's going to get plenty of that tonight. It's not that I don't feel Woolfie isn't a good player, just feel he'll get bullied. Also, I might start Burgess at LB once again to counter the aerial bombardment , but provide some height for set pieces both defensively and in the attacking sense. Couldn't agree more about Chaplin, the fact is he needs to start and in that No.10 role behind Bonne, Celina on the left.

I feel like aerial bombardment doesn't do justice to how tidy Rotherham are on the ball. From what I've seen they're not lumping long balls into the box, they work the channels really well and have real attacking quality. Donacien's defensive abilities make him nailed on RB for me, and of the left backs available I think it would be a bit much to ask of Clements, so not sure what other alternatives we have. Burgess, perhaps, as you say.

I would go with... on 17:44 - Nov 23 with 722 views2-5-7

I would go with... on 17:09 - Nov 23 by clive_baker

I feel like aerial bombardment doesn't do justice to how tidy Rotherham are on the ball. From what I've seen they're not lumping long balls into the box, they work the channels really well and have real attacking quality. Donacien's defensive abilities make him nailed on RB for me, and of the left backs available I think it would be a bit much to ask of Clements, so not sure what other alternatives we have. Burgess, perhaps, as you say.

Can we keep this whole thread pinned at the top of the board and ask everyone on it to come back & start thoughts over again just after the game has finished.

Not one real agreement on how the team should set up but afterwards every mitter flipping one of us is the expert manager, ref, right back, goalscoring centre forward and sub goalie rolled into one.

My only input is a possible Clements at left back as he is on the iFollow advert.

But what do I know.

In Cook I trust and wish him and the team the very best whoever and whatever format he picks tonight.
Come on the Blues!!
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 18:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024