Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question for anyone who's Cook Out 08:33 - Nov 24 with 2319 viewsonly_one_sir_bobby

For all those wanting Cook Out, are you basing that on this season alone or including what happened end of last season too?

Genuinely interested to know.
Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:34 - Nov 24 with 1781 viewspointofblue

Since he joined. The free hit Cook gets for last season is little short of laughable.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:36 - Nov 24 with 1765 viewsTractorWood

A bit of last season. We definitely didn't get any better.

Either way or combined it's not good enough.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:36 - Nov 24 with 1765 viewsthebooks

If you were asking questions about whether PC can get us promoted this year, obviously you’d have to take last year’s capitulation into account. Why would you discount that?
Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:39 - Nov 24 with 1742 viewsBiGDonnie

Either way you wanna cut it up he’s been sh’te.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:39 - Nov 24 with 1743 viewshomer_123

We've not won more than 2 games in a row under Cook - regardless of the players at this disposal.

He has not been able to get us going at all since his arrival.

Remember, many of these players have played for Cook, or together and/ or in Cooks system.....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:41 - Nov 24 with 1731 viewsonly_one_sir_bobby

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:36 - Nov 24 by thebooks

If you were asking questions about whether PC can get us promoted this year, obviously you’d have to take last year’s capitulation into account. Why would you discount that?

Just interested to know if there are people wanting Cook out but are only basing that on this season. There are plenty of fans who don't include last year
Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:41 - Nov 24 with 1729 viewschrismakin

Well overall he's now had 2 squads

one he took over and now one he put together

And the results are still not good enough despite him having his own squad and one which should be doing alot lot better than it is

So collectively, he's been crp overall so deserves to go.
but for me it's because he's failing despite doing exactly what he wanted to do in the summer and despite us financially spending more. Our squad is playing at the same standard as lamberts side were.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:42 - Nov 24 with 1717 viewsonly_one_sir_bobby

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:39 - Nov 24 by homer_123

We've not won more than 2 games in a row under Cook - regardless of the players at this disposal.

He has not been able to get us going at all since his arrival.

Remember, many of these players have played for Cook, or together and/ or in Cooks system.....

So you're including last year too then...?
Login to get fewer ads

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:44 - Nov 24 with 1695 viewstextbackup

I'm not cook out, yet.

last season i dont think about, too many sht players that anything too technical blew their minds.

this season, on the whole, i've been more happy than annoyed. but excuses are starting to wear a bit thin, and lastnight was horrific. we are sleep walking into a midtable finish

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:45 - Nov 24 with 1684 viewsDanTheMan

I'm not fully "out" yet but in my assessment of how Cook is doing I take last season into account. If Lambert could get wins out of that squad, Cook should have been able to.

There's a small amount of revisionism that the entire squad was incapable. Before Lambert was sacked I seem to recall most just saying we needed a better manager to win, not an entire new squad.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:47 - Nov 24 with 1669 viewsN2_Blue

Well just this season really because it's shocking to be where we are in the table with this group of players.

I gave PC last season as free pass...but when you combine the two together I don't see how there can be any defense of Paul Cook, he's effectively failed twice at making the play-offs with 2 different squads.

Anyone thinking we can make the playoffs this season still is absolutely kidding themselves

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:47 - Nov 24 with 1663 viewshomer_123

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:42 - Nov 24 by only_one_sir_bobby

So you're including last year too then...?

Can I ask you a genuine question, why wouldn't you include that?

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:48 - Nov 24 with 1657 viewsdavblue

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:44 - Nov 24 by textbackup

I'm not cook out, yet.

last season i dont think about, too many sht players that anything too technical blew their minds.

this season, on the whole, i've been more happy than annoyed. but excuses are starting to wear a bit thin, and lastnight was horrific. we are sleep walking into a midtable finish

yeah i can't say im Cook Out but 24 points from 19 games is pretty poor.

We need to go on a winning run sharpish.
Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:49 - Nov 24 with 1635 viewstextbackup

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:45 - Nov 24 by DanTheMan

I'm not fully "out" yet but in my assessment of how Cook is doing I take last season into account. If Lambert could get wins out of that squad, Cook should have been able to.

There's a small amount of revisionism that the entire squad was incapable. Before Lambert was sacked I seem to recall most just saying we needed a better manager to win, not an entire new squad.

the entire new squad thing became evident once a new manager couldnt get a tune from them.

lets me honest, many are either now unemployed, or playing in L2, so theres the proof of what they were

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:50 - Nov 24 with 1618 viewspointofblue

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:45 - Nov 24 by DanTheMan

I’d say a massive amount of revisionism. Just because Cook said they weren’t good enough and threw them under the bus most fans were fighting to press the accelerator, despite them getting us closer to the play offs than this lot have managed at any point this season. Now this lot are doing the same thing the excuses are wearing thin. Maybe things need to be revised again.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:51 - Nov 24 with 1617 viewsChurchman

This season only. I didn’t like the way he went about binning last year’s shower or how he lost his rag publicly, but the majority of that mob had to go. Downes and Dozzell are playing at a higher level, but the rest?

It was all about the summer and this season for me and riding the wave of optimism and direction brought to the club. He’s put together teams before and at this dogsh£t level I saw no reason why he couldn’t do it again, especially given the resources he had at his disposal. Getting into the PL is hard, getting out of L1 shouldn’t be.

Cook has failed. He just looks a poor fit for this club.
Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:51 - Nov 24 with 1606 viewsOldboy

I am neither Cook in/ Cook out, although I am turning towards Cook out again that last night. He just isn't delivering what we were promised. No fight, no tactical awareness. Just a resignation that we aren't good enough. For a manager to admit that we are not good enough at this stage of the season is worrying. For the record, I am judging Cook from the moment he signed up as manager. That is the correct way in my opinion.
Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:55 - Nov 24 with 1567 viewsDanTheMan

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:49 - Nov 24 by textbackup

the entire new squad thing became evident once a new manager couldnt get a tune from them.

lets me honest, many are either now unemployed, or playing in L2, so theres the proof of what they were

But Lambert got them winning games is my point.

The ageing lot dropping down a division isn't a big surprise, especially the ones with families who went to Colchester.

Two of our midfielders went to the division above. Edwards stayed in this division, as did Wilson. It's a mixed bag in my mind.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:56 - Nov 24 with 1566 viewsfab_lover

I was very concerned that we gave a lot of money to spend to someone who had performed so badly when they came here.

I was told by my friends that no, PC was the real deal

I'm gutted to be right as what he was given was a once in a decade budget. However questions should have been asked before he was given the keys to the sweet shop.
Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:56 - Nov 24 with 1562 viewsonly_one_sir_bobby

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:47 - Nov 24 by homer_123

Can I ask you a genuine question, why wouldn't you include that?

1. Last season was a squad filled with players that knew they had no future at the club. IIRC Bishop said he knew he wouldn't be here 3 months before the end of the season. Hardly the environment for success. Soon as thr new owners came in, everyone knew there would be wholesale changes. I'm sure the unknown future for all players would have been detrimental.

2. Rightly or wrongly, Cook has his system and players last year couldn't make it work (he actually went away from his beloved 4231 to see if he could get a tune out of them)

3. Quite literally a completely different squad. It's as if he's managed two different clubs. Would people still want him out if we had employed him in the summer after he'd had that same record with another team?
Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 09:06 - Nov 24 with 1498 viewshomer_123

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 08:56 - Nov 24 by only_one_sir_bobby

1. Last season was a squad filled with players that knew they had no future at the club. IIRC Bishop said he knew he wouldn't be here 3 months before the end of the season. Hardly the environment for success. Soon as thr new owners came in, everyone knew there would be wholesale changes. I'm sure the unknown future for all players would have been detrimental.

2. Rightly or wrongly, Cook has his system and players last year couldn't make it work (he actually went away from his beloved 4231 to see if he could get a tune out of them)

3. Quite literally a completely different squad. It's as if he's managed two different clubs. Would people still want him out if we had employed him in the summer after he'd had that same record with another team?

Consider this - notably on your last point. How many of the current squad have played under Cook before, with each other and in this system.

I was never a 100 points 100 goals person at the start of this season. But I would have expected us to be at least in the play-offs with this squad and looking like we knew what we were trying to do.

As I say, we haven't managed more than a couple of wins on the bounce under Cook, regardless of who he's had at his disposal.

To your question:

Would people still want him out if we had employed him in the summer after he'd had that same record with another team?

I, like many, want to see him succeed but he's been backed and we have a squad that is mad for L1 and should be doing way, way better. So, the answer I think is what we are seeing here. Many are now questioning him and his coaching team and I think that would be the same, irrespective of last year. When you add last year in - it only makes it worse.

Take your pick.... on 09:07 - Nov 24 with 1494 viewsBloots

.....either way it works out the same.

The real question should be what are the "Cook Inners" basing their views on.

it cant be anything other than blind faith and hope.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 09:08 - Nov 24 with 1483 viewsStokieBlue

They aren't really any different are they?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 09:12 - Nov 24 with 1447 viewsMeenoITFC

What is it now. 43 Games 12 wins under cook at League one level when we are supposed to be a top team.

Pathetic, spineless against good sides.

One last mention for Fraser (FRAUD). In position or out, the guy doesn't look interested. It feels like a hangover after last night.

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

Question for anyone who's Cook Out on 09:13 - Nov 24 with 1446 viewspablo_canooga

Frustrating thing for me is how little he got out of the side from when he took over. We can all talk till the cows come home about how poor that squad was but after we beat Accrington at the beginning of March we were 7th on 50pts.

We finished the season on 69pts. Oxford finished 6th on 74pts. Whilst their GD was vastly superior, given who we had left to play we only needed an extra 6pts and we would have made the POs. How he couldn't work out ways to beat Wimbledon H/A, Northampton A, Rochdale A, Shrewsbury A is baffling.

It surely comes into the thinking when you sum up his time here, it has to. Ultimately, results will dictate what happens. More performances like last night and he won't make the January window.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024