Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... 10:16 - Dec 2 with 4721 viewsBloots

...Wigan, will that be the point at which we pull the trigger on him?

We'll probably be 10+ points off the play offs and in the bottom half of the league.

If we add in the inevitable poor performance against Barrow and I reckon that could be it.

Can he survive that scenario?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 18:35 - Dec 2 with 869 viewsDubtractor

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 18:33 - Dec 2 by Funge

We beat Shrewsbury 2-1 at home, that was pretty glorious.

To be fair, we had some sustained spells of pressure against Oxford at home too. Absolute scenes.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 18:40 - Dec 2 with 869 viewsBlueBadger

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 18:14 - Dec 2 by Keaneish

Destroy the foundations of what we’re building to put a temporary solution in place but then destroy that again to start another plan…

That must sound like a really good strategy to any one not involved in shaping strategy, I’m sure.

We're now going to be able to do any kind of long term build being mired in the third division.

We need out of this division. We stay down we're going to need to replace a fair few players who'll leave because they have the offer of football higher up the league or who've returned to the parent clubs.

Plus, we'll have to replace anyone who Cookies decides to blame for his failures and subsequently bomb out as well.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 18:43]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 18:44 - Dec 2 with 850 viewsKeaneish

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 18:40 - Dec 2 by BlueBadger

We're now going to be able to do any kind of long term build being mired in the third division.

We need out of this division. We stay down we're going to need to replace a fair few players who'll leave because they have the offer of football higher up the league or who've returned to the parent clubs.

Plus, we'll have to replace anyone who Cookies decides to blame for his failures and subsequently bomb out as well.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 18:43]

A lot of ifs and buts in that strategy. It’s a no from me.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 19:12 - Dec 2 with 838 viewsParky

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 18:24 - Dec 2 by Dubtractor

I love it when people imply that fans of mid table league one team ITFC are glory hunters.

I haven’t implied that in the slightest. Makin has literally in black and white stated he would start supporting again once it’s going well. If that isn’t the definition of glory hunting, I don’t know what is.
Oh Dear.. on 08:49 - Dec 3 with 759 viewsunstableblue

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 17:52 - Dec 2 by BlueBadger

Every single 'messiah'(Keane, Hurst, Lamber and now Cook) we've had in the past 10 years has been woeful.

We could do with another Honest Mick to steady things up o short term gig with a big payoff for doing so, take us up then make way for someone a bit more progressive
[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 17:53]

.. you lambast me for using the word technical (read progressive (the term you use), read modern)

But really: "We could do with another Honest Mick to steady things up"... that is ridiculous, two years treading water and not improving the fundamentals of how we play as a team.. and then try and get the manager we've need since Jim Magilton?

Oh and are you confirming that Mick should never have been more than a stop gap?

Must do better

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 08:56 - Dec 3 with 738 viewsDubtractor

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 19:12 - Dec 2 by Parky

I haven’t implied that in the slightest. Makin has literally in black and white stated he would start supporting again once it’s going well. If that isn’t the definition of glory hunting, I don’t know what is.

I've given makin stick plenty of times on here, but he is talking about the manager not the club.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 09:48 - Dec 3 with 717 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 18:06 - Dec 2 by chrismakin

I support the club. The club deserves better than losing to arsenal 21s. And struggling to beat the likes of crewe and Oldham etc.

But fair play if it gives you enjoyment. Not anyone else to tell you how to feel

The Arsenal game we changed all 11 players in a meaningless cup. I don't know why people are still so butt-hurt over this.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:23 - Dec 3 with 680 viewspablo_canooga

Leam Richardson to deliver the knockout blow to Cook's tenure on the 11th?
Login to get fewer ads

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:54 - Dec 3 with 658 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:23 - Dec 3 by pablo_canooga

Leam Richardson to deliver the knockout blow to Cook's tenure on the 11th?

That would be quite funny, in a dark humour sort of way.

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:59 - Dec 3 with 650 viewschrismakin

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 09:48 - Dec 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

The Arsenal game we changed all 11 players in a meaningless cup. I don't know why people are still so butt-hurt over this.

Momentum Flash.

We had a torrid November really. The team came away with boos when beating crewe!.

What we needed and PC backed it up by saying we needed momentum going into this month and we started off with letting a 2 goal lead go again with a team that was full of players who all should be banging on the door to play at Charlton..

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 13:19 - Dec 3 with 583 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:59 - Dec 3 by chrismakin

Momentum Flash.

We had a torrid November really. The team came away with boos when beating crewe!.

What we needed and PC backed it up by saying we needed momentum going into this month and we started off with letting a 2 goal lead go again with a team that was full of players who all should be banging on the door to play at Charlton..

I know what happened fella, and it's a bit disappointing. When people talk about being embarrassed I just don't get it. I'm sure the Arsenal youngsters are very good - I don't see how it's such a disaster to draw with them when we've changed our entire team. And if we do change our entire team, I don't quite understand how that translates to momentum. How does the first team gain momentum from it if they didn't play?

It feels like you're just throwing around a buzzword with no thought to what it actually means.

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 13:28 - Dec 3 with 574 viewschrismakin

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 13:19 - Dec 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

I know what happened fella, and it's a bit disappointing. When people talk about being embarrassed I just don't get it. I'm sure the Arsenal youngsters are very good - I don't see how it's such a disaster to draw with them when we've changed our entire team. And if we do change our entire team, I don't quite understand how that translates to momentum. How does the first team gain momentum from it if they didn't play?

It feels like you're just throwing around a buzzword with no thought to what it actually means.

If it was our u23s id agree.

But there were plenty of players involved Tuesday who could be involved in the next games so of course you want them full of confidence no? That's why momentum is key.

Penney
Edwards
Burgess
Caroll
Etc

All could be selected for sat or Tues. Depending on injuries. So of course you want them full of confidence.

Hladky.. he could be our no.1 if Walton pulls up.. etc

So no it's not just a buzz word it's important. Momentum also important when it comes to fans whether you personally agree with it or not, a loss is a loss.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 13:33 - Dec 3 with 568 viewsWD19

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 10:30 - Dec 2 by chrismakin

Leams Wigan are gonna asbolutely batter us though

Charlton i can see us drawing, maybe nicking a win

but wigan, no chance. Wigan will show PC how a 4 2 3 1 actually works when done correctly.

Wigan have lost more home games than us.
On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 13:38 - Dec 3 with 566 viewschrismakin

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 13:33 - Dec 3 by WD19

Wigan have lost more home games than us.

Which you'd normally take as a potential positive for us. But that game worries me more than any others.

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 13:48 - Dec 3 with 552 viewstimothyeo

The bloke should be gone already, let alone after he manages to mess up a couple more fixtures for us too.
On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 14:16 - Dec 3 with 531 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 13:28 - Dec 3 by chrismakin

If it was our u23s id agree.

But there were plenty of players involved Tuesday who could be involved in the next games so of course you want them full of confidence no? That's why momentum is key.

Penney
Edwards
Burgess
Caroll
Etc

All could be selected for sat or Tues. Depending on injuries. So of course you want them full of confidence.

Hladky.. he could be our no.1 if Walton pulls up.. etc

So no it's not just a buzz word it's important. Momentum also important when it comes to fans whether you personally agree with it or not, a loss is a loss.

Reality is there were 11 changes and very few of those, if any, will be starting league games anytime soon.

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 14:26 - Dec 3 with 526 viewschrismakin

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 14:16 - Dec 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

Reality is there were 11 changes and very few of those, if any, will be starting league games anytime soon.

How do you know. Apart from Jackson everyone of them has started a first team league game have they not. And many of them have more than 1 apparence.

It included our first choice left back
Our only rb cover
Our dcm cover
Our gk cover
A LW who's been involved in a large majority of games
A striker who is back up to current striker.

We could see 5 of Tuesdays team in the first team easily on Tuesday if required.

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 14:39 - Dec 3 with 517 viewsParky

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 13:48 - Dec 3 by timothyeo

The bloke should be gone already, let alone after he manages to mess up a couple more fixtures for us too.

Didn’t know you were Cook out, you should’ve said something.
On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 14:48 - Dec 3 with 508 viewstimothyeo

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 14:39 - Dec 3 by Parky

Didn’t know you were Cook out, you should’ve said something.

Didn't know you were such a regular supporter of failure, you should've said something.
On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 14:59 - Dec 3 with 496 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 14:26 - Dec 3 by chrismakin

How do you know. Apart from Jackson everyone of them has started a first team league game have they not. And many of them have more than 1 apparence.

It included our first choice left back
Our only rb cover
Our dcm cover
Our gk cover
A LW who's been involved in a large majority of games
A striker who is back up to current striker.

We could see 5 of Tuesdays team in the first team easily on Tuesday if required.

You're desperately trying to twist the facts, but let's be honest here. You even described most of them yourself as "cover". That very terms says they're reserves.

Penney - might start but has been very out of favour recently and certainly not first choice.
Edwards - Mostly a sub and likely to stay that way.
Burgess - Not been a starter for a long time. Out of the picture if you're honest.
Caroll - Even less involvement and less likely to start than Burgess.
Hladky - nowhere near starting other than an unlikely injury.

There is no way any of these playing v Arsenal was intended to build winning momentum.

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 15:08 - Dec 3 with 487 viewschrismakin

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 14:59 - Dec 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

You're desperately trying to twist the facts, but let's be honest here. You even described most of them yourself as "cover". That very terms says they're reserves.

Penney - might start but has been very out of favour recently and certainly not first choice.
Edwards - Mostly a sub and likely to stay that way.
Burgess - Not been a starter for a long time. Out of the picture if you're honest.
Caroll - Even less involvement and less likely to start than Burgess.
Hladky - nowhere near starting other than an unlikely injury.

There is no way any of these playing v Arsenal was intended to build winning momentum.

They aren't reserves there are members of the first team squad and players who would play for other league 1 sides

Our reserves are the u23s.

You don't know what injuries may happen or have already happened to say none of them will play.
Edwards. Started our last league game BTW

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 15:19 - Dec 3 with 473 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 15:08 - Dec 3 by chrismakin

They aren't reserves there are members of the first team squad and players who would play for other league 1 sides

Our reserves are the u23s.

You don't know what injuries may happen or have already happened to say none of them will play.
Edwards. Started our last league game BTW

I said "mostly" a sub, which is correct.

No I don't know what injuries may happen, but neither do you. The fact that they haven't happened yet and you're talking about something that MIGHT happen in the future, bolsters my argument not yours.

They are reserves. You described them as "cover". That amounts to the same thing! Whether they'd play for other League 1 sides or not is irrelevant - an entirely changed first 11 does nothing for the first 11 in terms of momentum.

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 15:25 - Dec 3 with 469 viewschrismakin

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 15:19 - Dec 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

I said "mostly" a sub, which is correct.

No I don't know what injuries may happen, but neither do you. The fact that they haven't happened yet and you're talking about something that MIGHT happen in the future, bolsters my argument not yours.

They are reserves. You described them as "cover". That amounts to the same thing! Whether they'd play for other League 1 sides or not is irrelevant - an entirely changed first 11 does nothing for the first 11 in terms of momentum.

It doesn't bolster your argument.

You want the players full of confidence if called upon. Having a grumpy striker like Pigott for example isn't going to help.. now we've less games to offer players not getting league games. So absolutely momentum and winning these games is key when things are not going well.

You can be pedantic about reserves/cover etc. But we didn't sign any of those players as 'reserves'

On Edwards. Hasn't he started 12 of the 15 games he's been available?

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 17:46 - Dec 3 with 420 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 15:25 - Dec 3 by chrismakin

It doesn't bolster your argument.

You want the players full of confidence if called upon. Having a grumpy striker like Pigott for example isn't going to help.. now we've less games to offer players not getting league games. So absolutely momentum and winning these games is key when things are not going well.

You can be pedantic about reserves/cover etc. But we didn't sign any of those players as 'reserves'

On Edwards. Hasn't he started 12 of the 15 games he's been available?

I give up. "If called upon". Even if a win against Arsenal's U21s does boost a player's confidence, how does that provide MOMENTUM for the next league game for the entire team, even if he DOES play (which is far from a given)?

Momentum works if the entire team that plays (and beats) Arsenal plays in the following league games. If, say, Pigott scores against Arsenal and gets confidence from it, then in a month's time replaces the injured Bonne, where on earth is there any gain from momentum?

Also, there's nothing pedantic about whether you call them cover or reserves. It amounts to the same thing. They aren't starting. And saying "we didn't sign any of those players as 'reserves'" is irrelevant as well. All that matters in this debate is are they starting the next league game and thus taking confidence into it? Very few, if any, will be. So there's no momentum for the team.

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 17:56 - Dec 3 with 435 viewsitfcjoe

On the assumption that we lose to Charlton and..... on 17:46 - Dec 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

I give up. "If called upon". Even if a win against Arsenal's U21s does boost a player's confidence, how does that provide MOMENTUM for the next league game for the entire team, even if he DOES play (which is far from a given)?

Momentum works if the entire team that plays (and beats) Arsenal plays in the following league games. If, say, Pigott scores against Arsenal and gets confidence from it, then in a month's time replaces the injured Bonne, where on earth is there any gain from momentum?

Also, there's nothing pedantic about whether you call them cover or reserves. It amounts to the same thing. They aren't starting. And saying "we didn't sign any of those players as 'reserves'" is irrelevant as well. All that matters in this debate is are they starting the next league game and thus taking confidence into it? Very few, if any, will be. So there's no momentum for the team.

Ask Paul Cook

“ We want to do well in all competitions. It’s something that we suggested to the players, if we could put three wins together this week it would give everyone a lift around Portman Road going into Christmas and post-Christmas. We’ve done one hurdle and we’ve got two big ones to go.”

Blues Host Arsenal U21s as Cook Looks For Lift Ahead of Christmas 30th Nov 2021 15:17
Town host Arsenal U21s in the second round of the Papa John’s Trophy on Wednesday evening with manager Paul Cook looking to record a morale-boosting three wins in a week. 24

I can’t wait for Monday, if we get knocked out of the cup we’ll be being told how it doesn’t matter even after we name a full team

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024