Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Managers from EFL currently available 04:05 - Dec 3 with 4367 viewsboncho1977

DANIEL FARKE
ALEX NEIL
XISCO MUÑOZ
TONY PULIS
CHRIS HUGHTON
NEIL LENNON
MARK HUGHES
GARRY MONK
NEIL WARNOCK
PAUL LAMBERT
UWE RÖSLER
SOL CAMPBELL
CHRIS COLEMAN

Would you take any of these ?
Managers from EFL currently available on 06:34 - Dec 3 with 3142 viewsSchmoke

That's one of the most depressing lists I'll ever see.
Managers from EFL currently available on 07:56 - Dec 3 with 3041 viewsgazzer1999

Why does it have to be from a list os those available, why can't we go after someone currently employed?
Managers from EFL currently available on 08:33 - Dec 3 with 2971 viewsChurchman

What a sorry collection of has beens and dross. Of that lot if was forced under torture to pick one, it’d be Hughton
Managers from EFL currently available on 08:44 - Dec 3 with 2939 viewsclive_baker

Managers from EFL currently available on 08:33 - Dec 3 by Churchman

What a sorry collection of has beens and dross. Of that lot if was forced under torture to pick one, it’d be Hughton

Agreed. Trading Cook for most of them at this stage would feel nonsensical. We might as well 'trust the process' and hope we step up with Cook, rather than role the dice on some of the dross on that list.

Hughton is a curious one, obviously did well at Brighton and has a reputation and history of building solid, defensively sound sides which would certainly be attractive right now. If someone like him came in and worked with McGreal, who had the same at Colchester, I would imagine we could become a tough nut to crack. 1-0 to the Ipswich.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Managers from EFL currently available on 08:50 - Dec 3 with 2917 viewsSimonds92

And this is exactly why I can't see a better alternative to Cook. We have to persist even though it's been hugely underwhelming so far. How many players would drop out of the championship to play under one of these managers as they did for Cook?
Managers from EFL currently available on 08:56 - Dec 3 with 2893 viewsBlueandTruesince82

No.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Managers from EFL currently available on 08:56 - Dec 3 with 2896 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Managers from EFL currently available on 07:56 - Dec 3 by gazzer1999

Why does it have to be from a list os those available, why can't we go after someone currently employed?

Or from somewhere else in the world? For all we know our American overlords might know an up-and-coming American coach.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Managers from EFL currently available on 09:07 - Dec 3 with 2874 viewsWacko

Managers from EFL currently available on 08:50 - Dec 3 by Simonds92

And this is exactly why I can't see a better alternative to Cook. We have to persist even though it's been hugely underwhelming so far. How many players would drop out of the championship to play under one of these managers as they did for Cook?

NEWS FLASH. These aren't the only people in the world who have the talent and ability to manage Ipswich

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Login to get fewer ads

Managers from EFL currently available on 09:09 - Dec 3 with 2867 viewsKeaneish

Managers from EFL currently available on 08:44 - Dec 3 by clive_baker

Agreed. Trading Cook for most of them at this stage would feel nonsensical. We might as well 'trust the process' and hope we step up with Cook, rather than role the dice on some of the dross on that list.

Hughton is a curious one, obviously did well at Brighton and has a reputation and history of building solid, defensively sound sides which would certainly be attractive right now. If someone like him came in and worked with McGreal, who had the same at Colchester, I would imagine we could become a tough nut to crack. 1-0 to the Ipswich.

Brighton fans don’t speak of Hughton very highly. If the consensus was Mick’s football was desire, Hughton will go little way to improving that. Here’s hoping the appointment of McGreal can iron out the defensive frailties we keep seeing because Cook’s side’s going forward are a joy to watch.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Managers from EFL currently available on 09:22 - Dec 3 with 2843 viewsdirtyboy

Managers from EFL currently available on 09:09 - Dec 3 by Keaneish

Brighton fans don’t speak of Hughton very highly. If the consensus was Mick’s football was desire, Hughton will go little way to improving that. Here’s hoping the appointment of McGreal can iron out the defensive frailties we keep seeing because Cook’s side’s going forward are a joy to watch.

If Cook was playing any brand of football that was ponderous and non-attacking, he'd be gone already.

The one really pleasing thing from his tenure this season is what they're trying to do is pretty easy on the eye.

There are these frailties at the back though and as much as I like the personalities in the team, there's 3 of the back 4 who don't quite fit what Cook appears to want them to do, although that's probably harsh on Donacien is giving is absolutely everything and still improving.
Managers from EFL currently available on 09:28 - Dec 3 with 2815 viewsWeWereZombies

Neil Lennon would make for some interesting post match interactions with local journalists and supporters...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Managers from EFL currently available on 09:28 - Dec 3 with 2817 viewsChurchman

Managers from EFL currently available on 09:07 - Dec 3 by Wacko

NEWS FLASH. These aren't the only people in the world who have the talent and ability to manage Ipswich

Well of those employed who are any good who do you think is going to want to come here?

Ok, pay somebody enough they might drag themselves over, but I’d prefer somebody that actually wants the job. I had enough ‘you are lucky to have me’ from McCarthy. People say what about the bloke at MK? Why would he leave a good job there for here? Despite the Americans, I don’t think the options are as great as some people think. This is not the club of Ramsey, Robson and Burley any more.
Managers from EFL currently available on 09:41 - Dec 3 with 2761 viewsWacko

Managers from EFL currently available on 09:28 - Dec 3 by Churchman

Well of those employed who are any good who do you think is going to want to come here?

Ok, pay somebody enough they might drag themselves over, but I’d prefer somebody that actually wants the job. I had enough ‘you are lucky to have me’ from McCarthy. People say what about the bloke at MK? Why would he leave a good job there for here? Despite the Americans, I don’t think the options are as great as some people think. This is not the club of Ramsey, Robson and Burley any more.

Like I said in another post, why do we always have to go down the tried and tested route? MK Dons didn't. Rangers didn't with Gerrard.

There are probably tens if not a hundred decent young forward-thinking coaches out there who would jump at the opportunity at a club like ours

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Managers from EFL currently available on 09:42 - Dec 3 with 2756 viewsKeno

Managers from EFL currently available on 08:56 - Dec 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

Or from somewhere else in the world? For all we know our American overlords might know an up-and-coming American coach.

Yallop?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Managers from EFL currently available on 09:45 - Dec 3 with 2743 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Managers from EFL currently available on 09:42 - Dec 3 by Keno

Yallop?

The thought did cross my mind!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Managers from EFL currently available on 09:50 - Dec 3 with 2730 viewsWeWereZombies

Managers from EFL currently available on 09:42 - Dec 3 by Keno

Yallop?

Fifty seven year old, Watford born, Frank Yallop is the recently appointed manager of Monterey Bay FC who will begin playing in the USL Championship next year:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Yallop

[edit] Interesting management career that includes the club that became Phoenix Rising - so he cannot be unknown to our directors.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 9:55]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Managers from EFL currently available on 10:01 - Dec 3 with 2696 viewsWickets

You forgot big nose !
Managers from EFL currently available on 10:03 - Dec 3 with 2692 viewsitfcsuth

I would genuinely put a 'no' next to all of them.
Managers from EFL currently available on 10:12 - Dec 3 with 2661 viewsclive_baker

Managers from EFL currently available on 09:09 - Dec 3 by Keaneish

It's definitely a balance of style and substance, Hughton and MM arguably went too far one way but equally they got results. It's all very well scoring 6 one week when you're on song, but not if you then throw away cheap points the next. If Championship finishes of 3rd then 2nd, and keeping them in the Premier League for 2 years before leaving is failure, then i'll take that right now.

Agree. re defensive frailties. McGreal's Colchester were solid, I think they conceeded the least or maybe second least goals in the division when he got them to the playoffs. Just didn't score loads.

Managers from EFL currently available on 10:37 - Dec 3 with 2598 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Daniel Farke would be the standout candidate on that list if you removed his Norwich connections. However I wouldn’t want him anywhere near the club, been there done it and it simply doesn’t work for us. We need somebody who is going to come in and continue the feel good factor the club currently is enjoying through the takeover. Imagine if the players could actually be motivated what a force this club could be again one day.
Managers from EFL currently available on 11:19 - Dec 3 with 2538 viewsbournemouthblue

Managers from EFL currently available on 10:37 - Dec 3 by ColchesterBlue1985

Daniel Farke would be the standout candidate on that list if you removed his Norwich connections. However I wouldn’t want him anywhere near the club, been there done it and it simply doesn’t work for us. We need somebody who is going to come in and continue the feel good factor the club currently is enjoying through the takeover. Imagine if the players could actually be motivated what a force this club could be again one day.

The American's strike me as someone who might lire someone you wouldn't expect

At Phoenix Rising they have had both Didier Drogba and Shaun Wright-Phillips as marquee signings as an exampl

I wonder if they would go the same way withanagerial appointments?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Managers from EFL currently available on 11:24 - Dec 3 with 2532 viewsclive_baker

Managers from EFL currently available on 10:37 - Dec 3 by ColchesterBlue1985

I don't really get the anti ex Norwich thing. If its someone born and bred there that's one thing, but is there not an argument that it would be satisfying, that their greatest ever manager had such little respect that he would come here. Imagine Burley going to Norwich, I imagine it would annoy Town fans far more than it annoyed theirs. Especially if he was successful. I sure i'm in the minority but honestly appointing Farke wouldn't bother me, always seemed like a decent bloke.

Managers from EFL currently available on 11:54 - Dec 3 with 2464 viewsSouperJim

We do not do the ugly side of the game well, at all. Colin would be my pick. We have an abundance of quality relative to our level, so there would be plenty of enjoyment still to be had, just without the soft underbelly.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Managers from EFL currently available on 12:37 - Dec 3 with 2416 viewsjeera

Managers from EFL currently available on 08:56 - Dec 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

That's been my thinking too.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Town end up with a first team coach from the US at some point given the contacts. It does seem to be getting overlooked a lot.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Managers from EFL currently available on 13:03 - Dec 3 with 2383 viewsChurchman

Managers from EFL currently available on 11:19 - Dec 3 by bournemouthblue

The American's strike me as someone who might lire someone you wouldn't expect

At Phoenix Rising they have had both Didier Drogba and Shaun Wright-Phillips as marquee signings as an exampl

I wonder if they would go the same way withanagerial appointments?

This wouldn’t surprise me in the least. Am I hearing the strains of ‘Frank Lampard’s Ipswich heading over the hill? God forbid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024