Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liam Manning Quote 14:14 - Dec 7 with 3902 viewsBlueBlood90

In his MK Dons press conference he's just said...

"No I'm not going to Ipswich. I am sitting here in my MK Dons tracksuit, and I am taking training today, and I will be at the game tomorrow. So, I guess that is pretty definitive isn't it?"

edit: false quotes, read below

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Liam Manning Quote on 14:14 - Dec 7 with 2997 viewsKeno

He'll be here in 10 days then

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Liam Manning Quote on 14:15 - Dec 7 with 2987 viewshype313

Well, he's hardly going to say "Yep, just waiting for the green light from Ashton, them I'm off".

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Liam Manning Quote on 14:15 - Dec 7 with 2962 viewsitfcserbia

Sounds like Big Mick's quote before he took over Ireland job.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Liam Manning Quote on 14:15 - Dec 7 with 2957 viewsJ2BLUE

Not sure that's such a bad thing.

From looking at the MK Dons forum they seem to rate him based on early promising signs but think the jury is still out. I think some were getting a bit carried away with the idea of him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Liam Manning Quote on 14:16 - Dec 7 with 2953 viewsBlueBlood90

Liam Manning Quote on 14:15 - Dec 7 by hype313

Well, he's hardly going to say "Yep, just waiting for the green light from Ashton, them I'm off".

If there was any chance at all I would imagine he'd try and deflect it and refuse to comment rather than definitively say he's not coming

Liam Manning Quote on 14:18 - Dec 7 with 2897 viewshype313

Liam Manning Quote on 14:16 - Dec 7 by BlueBlood90

If there was any chance at all I would imagine he'd try and deflect it and refuse to comment rather than definitively say he's not coming

Why? He's currently the manager of MK Dons, he is employed and paid by them at this point, no need for him to go covert, in fact it would make his life uncomfortable as more questions would be asked rather than answers.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Liam Manning Quote on 14:18 - Dec 7 with 2883 viewsitfcsuth

Russell Martin said he had no intention of leaving. The next day he left for Swansea.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 14:19]
Liam Manning Quote on 14:19 - Dec 7 with 2879 viewsPhilTWTD

Think that's a reference to something Russell Martin said before he joined Swansea rather than a quote from LM.

https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/football/boss-martin-reassures-mk-dons-fans

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Liam Manning Quote on 14:20 - Dec 7 with 2815 viewsitfcsuth

Liam Manning Quote on 14:15 - Dec 7 by J2BLUE

From looking at the MK Dons forum they seem to rate him based on early promising signs but think the jury is still out. I think some were getting a bit carried away with the idea of him.

If you were hypothetically to rule out both Ryan Lowe & Liam Manning, which certainly is a possibility - you would be left with a very very depressing list indeed.
Liam Manning Quote on 14:23 - Dec 7 with 2758 viewsJ2BLUE

Liam Manning Quote on 14:20 - Dec 7 by itfcsuth

If you were hypothetically to rule out both Ryan Lowe & Liam Manning, which certainly is a possibility - you would be left with a very very depressing list indeed.

Not sure about that.

There are a few who might not be my first choice but I could certainly get behind if they came here.

Truly impaired.

Liam Manning Quote on 14:25 - Dec 7 with 2723 viewsitfcsuth

Liam Manning Quote on 14:23 - Dec 7 by J2BLUE

Not sure about that.

There are a few who might not be my first choice but I could certainly get behind if they came here.

Who are you thinking?
Liam Manning Quote on 14:42 - Dec 7 with 2559 viewsJ2BLUE

Liam Manning Quote on 14:25 - Dec 7 by itfcsuth

Who are you thinking?

Warnock, Pearson, Allardyce, Appleton, Neil, Carrick

Obviously some of those might be unrealistic. I just really don't think it's going to take that much to get us up if we get a manager with even basic ability.

I think we need someone to come in and drill us defensively while letting the attacking 4-5 worry about scoring the goals.

Famous last words etc but honestly, this squad is head and shoulders above most if not all in this division. I think we can make the play offs and as long as we get a manager who keeps us solid while letting the more creative players do their jobs we should be fine.

I've been wrong before...

Truly impaired.

Liam Manning Quote on 14:43 - Dec 7 with 2541 viewsgordon

Sounds like he's on his way then!
Liam Manning Quote on 14:46 - Dec 7 with 2505 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Liam Manning Quote on 14:42 - Dec 7 by J2BLUE

Obviously some of those might be unrealistic. I just really don't think it's going to take that much to get us up if we get a manager with even basic ability.

I think we need someone to come in and drill us defensively while letting the attacking 4-5 worry about scoring the goals.

Famous last words etc but honestly, this squad is head and shoulders above most if not all in this division. I think we can make the play offs and as long as we get a manager who keeps us solid while letting the more creative players do their jobs we should be fine.

Cook came here with much more than "basic ability"...

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Liam Manning Quote on 14:50 - Dec 7 with 2438 viewsitfcjoe

Does sound quite definitive in that regard, could easily have fobbed that off more gently

Edit - sorry, so this hasn’t happened?
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 14:52]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Liam Manning Quote on 14:53 - Dec 7 with 2381 viewsitfcsuth

I do think some underestimate the difficulties in getting out the division. It's a horrible division, it's stronger every single year, and it is very difficult to get out of now.

I do agree we have in my opinion the strongest group of individuals in the league, but football is so much more than individuals.

I think that list is very uninspiring to me, and not one would I like to see. It could well end up being Appleton, but I wouldn't be overly impressed at all by that appointment.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 14:53]
Liam Manning Quote on 14:53 - Dec 7 with 2367 viewsJ2BLUE

Liam Manning Quote on 14:46 - Dec 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

Cook came here with much more than "basic ability"...

He did but it went wrong defensively and he didn't seem to know how to stop it. Game after game of doing the same thing and expecting things to go differently.

Truly impaired.

Liam Manning Quote on 14:54 - Dec 7 with 2332 viewsVaughan8

Liam Manning Quote on 14:15 - Dec 7 by J2BLUE

I agree. Not much to go on for Manning really. Not sure why people are saying we must get him.

he hasn't even had half a season in charge yet. They lost to Doncaster!! haha

I agree people seem to be getting a bit carried away with him
Liam Manning Quote on 14:54 - Dec 7 with 2333 viewsitfcsuth

Liam Manning Quote on 14:50 - Dec 7 by itfcjoe

Does sound quite definitive in that regard, could easily have fobbed that off more gently

Edit - sorry, so this hasn’t happened?
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 14:52]

No, hasn't happened.

Was an MK fan on the socials who posted it claiming it was Liam Manning - but was just a joke rely of Russell Martin's famous last words.
Liam Manning Quote on 14:55 - Dec 7 with 2308 viewsStokieBlue

Warnock or Allardyce?

That would be utterly, utterly awful and I'm not sure I could take it. It's anti-football and hardly progressive for maintaining momentum into the Championship.

Carrick has managed 2 matches yet the case against Manning is that he's only managed 20?

Seems totally inconsistent to me.

SB
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 14:55]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Liam Manning Quote on 14:56 - Dec 7 with 2276 viewstractorboy1978

Liam Manning Quote on 14:54 - Dec 7 by Vaughan8

I agree. Not much to go on for Manning really. Not sure why people are saying we must get him.

he hasn't even had half a season in charge yet. They lost to Doncaster!! haha

I agree people seem to be getting a bit carried away with him

People that know far more than you or I rate him extremely highly.
Liam Manning Quote on 14:57 - Dec 7 with 2251 viewsVaughan8

Liam Manning Quote on 14:56 - Dec 7 by tractorboy1978

Based on what though? Enlighten me
Liam Manning Quote on 15:04 - Dec 7 with 2178 viewsBlueBlood90

Apologies! One of the very few fans MK Dons has managed to get me here!

Liam Manning Quote on 15:04 - Dec 7 with 2170 viewsJ2BLUE

Liam Manning Quote on 14:55 - Dec 7 by StokieBlue

Warnock or Allardyce?

That would be utterly, utterly awful and I'm not sure I could take it. It's anti-football and hardly progressive for maintaining momentum into the Championship.

Carrick has managed 2 matches yet the case against Manning is that he's only managed 20?

Seems totally inconsistent to me.

SB
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 14:55]

I said none of those were my first choice but I could get behind them if they came.

Same with Manning. Just pointing out that while MK Dons fans are behind him they do think the jury is still out.

I don't think that's inconsistent at all.

Truly impaired.

Liam Manning Quote on 15:07 - Dec 7 with 2115 viewsFixed_It

Liam Manning Quote on 14:56 - Dec 7 by tractorboy1978

Thanks.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024