Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? 18:29 - Dec 9 with 4744 viewsCheltenham_Blue

People wanted Cook out, he's out.

Surely everyone who dislikes Norwood, because of his 4 pints and a drive home (twice) personality would be happy the club seem to not want "that sort of thing" and so are happy he was in the U23's

I'm just puzzled how we've gone from talking about bitter Bristol City fans to believing every word they said, virtually overnight.

[Post edited 9 Dec 2021 18:30]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 18:32 - Dec 9 with 3052 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I’m not anti Ashton. I’m certainly sceptical though only because we are yet to see what he’s like when things are going wrong, that’s when the problems came at Bristol City. But so far he’s been great.

That’s being said, if he appoints Neil Harris, I will be absolutely fuming.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 18:37 - Dec 9 with 3017 viewsDanTheMan

The people I saw doing the anti Ashton stuff were very pro Cook, and they are now blaming him for a wild bunch of stuff they can't really prove, like that he was buying players without Cook's knowledge.

Could be wrong but that was the perception I got.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 18:37 - Dec 9 with 3015 viewsOwainG1992

Simply, The negative feeling towards Cook needs someone else.

The chosen man is Ashton.

If he selects a popular manager all will be forgiven.

For a little while.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2021 18:40]

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 18:42 - Dec 9 with 2958 viewsFtnfwest

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 18:37 - Dec 9 by OwainG1992

Simply, The negative feeling towards Cook needs someone else.

The chosen man is Ashton.

If he selects a popular manager all will be forgiven.

For a little while.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2021 18:40]

And at the same time we all have to take sides about it
Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 18:43 - Dec 9 with 2952 viewsLord_Lucan

My mate doesn't like Ashton, apparently he is a capitalist snake.

Not my mate, he is an estate agent.

As the youngsters say............Go figure!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 18:43 - Dec 9 with 2942 viewsOwainG1992

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 18:42 - Dec 9 by Ftnfwest

And at the same time we all have to take sides about it

This is true.

#in #out

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 18:59 - Dec 9 with 2873 viewsNBVJohn

It’s probably because we don’t have a manager to slate at the moment.

I’m sure that once a permanent replacement is signed and he only plays one up front or something, then normality will be restored.
Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:04 - Dec 9 with 2846 viewsITFC_Forever

I’ll be anti-Ashton if he appoints Harris…

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:06 - Dec 9 with 2840 viewsmylittletown

Most Bristol City fans I know, which is quite a lot, are not bitter, they are relieved. He was a failure at Ashton Gate.
Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:07 - Dec 9 with 2800 viewsHerbivore

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 18:37 - Dec 9 by DanTheMan

The people I saw doing the anti Ashton stuff were very pro Cook, and they are now blaming him for a wild bunch of stuff they can't really prove, like that he was buying players without Cook's knowledge.

Yeah, this is also my perception of it. A lot of the most vocal supporters of Cook are now claiming Ashton signed a load of players that Cook didn't want that don't fit his system and that this is now some sort of further power grab from him. I'm not sure how well any of it marries up with reality.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:11 - Dec 9 with 2770 viewsFixed_It

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 18:37 - Dec 9 by DanTheMan

I was pro-Cook, and I'm pro-Ashton.
I think there are too many people who love to have a moan - brought about by years of frustration following Ipswich. Unfortunately, they fail to realise that we are more likely to succeed if we are united (club, fans, players) - dissent leads to destabilisation and negativity, which will just prolong the agony for us all.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:12 - Dec 9 with 2762 viewswkj

We need an escape goat, and he is the best choice atm

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:13 - Dec 9 with 2753 viewsDanTheMan

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:11 - Dec 9 by Fixed_It

I was pro-Cook, and I'm pro-Ashton.
I think there are too many people who love to have a moan - brought about by years of frustration following Ipswich. Unfortunately, they fail to realise that we are more likely to succeed if we are united (club, fans, players) - dissent leads to destabilisation and negativity, which will just prolong the agony for us all.

Just to be clear, I didn't mean all those who thought it was the wrong choice to sack him, just those that I saw criticise Ashton were part of that group but I've not really seen the criticism from Cooks more vocal critics.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:16 - Dec 9 with 2736 viewsChurchman

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:06 - Dec 9 by mylittletown

Most Bristol City fans I know, which is quite a lot, are not bitter, they are relieved. He was a failure at Ashton Gate.

Yeah, new ground, new facilities, tinpot L1 club established in the Championship with the structure and the ability to attract a manager of Pearson’s calibre. Yep, I can see what a failure he has been and why they’re so upset. Premier League in waiting according to them, held back by him. Boo!

Basically a bloke who needs to get out more keeps posting accusations to a ridiculous degree an£ like all stuff like that, repeated enough it becomes fact. We all know that. It’s how Facebook, Twitter and all social media works.

Cook has gone, people need a new target and thanks to the selective ‘appraisal’ of Ashton’s accusers, he fits the bill perfectly.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2021 19:17]
Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:22 - Dec 9 with 2677 viewsmylittletown

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:16 - Dec 9 by Churchman

Yeah, new ground, new facilities, tinpot L1 club established in the Championship with the structure and the ability to attract a manager of Pearson’s calibre. Yep, I can see what a failure he has been and why they’re so upset. Premier League in waiting according to them, held back by him. Boo!

Basically a bloke who needs to get out more keeps posting accusations to a ridiculous degree an£ like all stuff like that, repeated enough it becomes fact. We all know that. It’s how Facebook, Twitter and all social media works.

Cook has gone, people need a new target and thanks to the selective ‘appraisal’ of Ashton’s accusers, he fits the bill perfectly.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2021 19:17]

Ashton had nothing to do with new ground and new facilities. Those were managed and seen through by Martin Griffiths, who was the Chairman of Bristol Sport, with funding from Steve Lansdown.

If you don't know what you are talking about, don't comment.
Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:23 - Dec 9 with 2674 viewsitfcsuth

We had this with Paul Cook.

You can be anti and pro decisions that are made.

I think he did really good business in the summer, I thought the sacking of Cook was a touch too early. His next managerial decision is critical.

I don’t understand the desire that there needs to be such a divisive in an out camp on everything on TWTD.
Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:24 - Dec 9 with 2663 viewsTripswich

Not certain... people finally started listening to all the Bristol City fans who were quick to warn us about him...?

_ London Blue

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:29 - Dec 9 with 2638 viewsChurchman

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:22 - Dec 9 by mylittletown

Ashton had nothing to do with new ground and new facilities. Those were managed and seen through by Martin Griffiths, who was the Chairman of Bristol Sport, with funding from Steve Lansdown.

If you don't know what you are talking about, don't comment.

I presume you’ve put the same rude comment to the Bristol local media who do not hold entirely the same view as our Bristol City ‘friend’, your friends or you come to that.
Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:48 - Dec 9 with 2525 viewsmylittletown

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:29 - Dec 9 by Churchman

I presume you’ve put the same rude comment to the Bristol local media who do not hold entirely the same view as our Bristol City ‘friend’, your friends or you come to that.

It is a matter of fact that Ashton had nothing to do with the new ground development or the training facilities. I doubt very much that any 'Bristol local media' think that he did, given that all of the planning and the major part of the work predated his arrival.
Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:50 - Dec 9 with 2505 viewsSuperCoops

I think everyone needs to take a very deep breath and calm the craziness down several notches.
Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:54 - Dec 9 with 2469 viewsFixed_It

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:13 - Dec 9 by DanTheMan

Just to be clear, I didn't mean all those who thought it was the wrong choice to sack him, just those that I saw criticise Ashton were part of that group but I've not really seen the criticism from Cooks more vocal critics.

No worries - I knew what you meant.
I just long for Town having some success, and a return of the feelgood factor. It has been too long!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 20:06 - Dec 9 with 2403 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 18:43 - Dec 9 by Lord_Lucan

My mate doesn't like Ashton, apparently he is a capitalist snake.

Not my mate, he is an estate agent.

As the youngsters say............Go figure!

I'm a gardener, he's capitalist snake....go figure!
#ashtonsfootballmafia

Edit...an estate agent would know.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2021 20:09]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 20:08 - Dec 9 with 2377 viewsChurchman

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 19:48 - Dec 9 by mylittletown

It is a matter of fact that Ashton had nothing to do with the new ground development or the training facilities. I doubt very much that any 'Bristol local media' think that he did, given that all of the planning and the major part of the work predated his arrival.

The media views were mixed on Ashton. Some good, some bad. The reality is that an L1/sometimes Championship club sit snugly in the Championship. Their weird supporters believe literally anything decent that’s happened to them was nothing whatsoever to do with Ashton in his five years and everything bad was, from players leaving to the weather. Fine, if that’s your view and your friends then crack on with the anti-Ashton stuff. I expect now the anchor of Ashton is off BC to be in the PL in the next year or so.

He wasn’t sacked by BC btw. He resigned. Did well for a bloke that was totally responsible for their failure to not be PL. Despite being fired, Lee Johnson has not slagged him off and neither has Pearson. People who have directly worked with him. Now I’m assuming that if the BC narrative is right, Ashton was responsible for Holden but not Pearson.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s what he does here. I take as I find. In six months, he’s done nothing wrong. If Cook tells us Ashton lied, I’ll pile in. When Ashton makes a mistake, I’ll give a view. Until then I’ll ignore what the Ashton out agenda brigade have to say.

The same applies to the new manager, even if it’s somebody I believe is uninspiring. It’s what they do here.
Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 20:09 - Dec 9 with 2377 viewsquad

I didn't want Cook out. It's a bad, bad decision which I believe is mainly down to Ashton.

Things were bad but there was a reasonable chance Cook could have turned it around. It's about to get a whole lot worse. We'll get battered at Wigan as the players have all downed tools. I actually think we will be in an almighty struggle to avoid relegation, every team will fancy their chances against a team where half the players don't care any more.
Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 20:17 - Dec 9 with 2318 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Where's all the Anti-Ashton stuff come from all of a sudden? on 20:08 - Dec 9 by Churchman

The media views were mixed on Ashton. Some good, some bad. The reality is that an L1/sometimes Championship club sit snugly in the Championship. Their weird supporters believe literally anything decent that’s happened to them was nothing whatsoever to do with Ashton in his five years and everything bad was, from players leaving to the weather. Fine, if that’s your view and your friends then crack on with the anti-Ashton stuff. I expect now the anchor of Ashton is off BC to be in the PL in the next year or so.

He wasn’t sacked by BC btw. He resigned. Did well for a bloke that was totally responsible for their failure to not be PL. Despite being fired, Lee Johnson has not slagged him off and neither has Pearson. People who have directly worked with him. Now I’m assuming that if the BC narrative is right, Ashton was responsible for Holden but not Pearson.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s what he does here. I take as I find. In six months, he’s done nothing wrong. If Cook tells us Ashton lied, I’ll pile in. When Ashton makes a mistake, I’ll give a view. Until then I’ll ignore what the Ashton out agenda brigade have to say.

The same applies to the new manager, even if it’s somebody I believe is uninspiring. It’s what they do here.

I take it that you are aware of these....
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024