Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pigott 11:42 - Dec 23 with 5424 viewshunty21

Anyone get the feeling pigott maybe sold at end of season doesnt seem to be given the chances and with bonne declaring he prefers norwood in attack will we see his chances even less likely?
Pigott on 11:50 - Dec 23 with 4090 viewsTrumptonBlue

We have little or no idea which formation or players the new manager will use, so who knows at this stage.
Pigott on 11:55 - Dec 23 with 4065 viewsSteve_M

Pigott on 11:50 - Dec 23 by TrumptonBlue

We have little or no idea which formation or players the new manager will use, so who knows at this stage.

Yes, given we have a new manager who has had precisely zero matches it is fair to say that we should wait and see here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Pigott on 11:57 - Dec 23 with 4047 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I would imagine that there is every likelihood that Pigott will be paired with one or other of those two before very long. Once he has been given a chance will be the time to determine whether he is good enough.

We will need 3 good strikers on our books so if Pigott goes we would need Jackson, Morris and/or Simpson to step up or a replacement as well as Bonne to stay or be replaced.

Far too early to guess who will be sold from the current squad but we do need to trim it. There are a number that I think will go in January if we are able to find interest in them. Hladky, Holy (both would need replacing), Kenlock, Jackson to name a few.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Pigott on 12:09 - Dec 23 with 4004 viewsmonty_radio

Seems a little strange that people keep popping up to suggest that last season's 20 goal scorer in a poor team in the same league as us should be sold on without ever having had a chance to prove himself here.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Pigott on 12:32 - Dec 23 with 3913 viewsFightingEssex

Rumors are he and Frasier are off in the window, Barry gone, as well as Coulson, Carroll, Burgess and Walton. Will be interesting to see how true that is, so far they were right about Barry going. We have some serious bloat so I can see a few being moved on, especially Nolan and Jackson.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Pigott on 12:32 - Dec 23 with 3909 viewsDecageBruce

It was mentioned on the Radio this week (TalkSport I think by a Wrexham journalist/podcaster) that there was a link between Pigott and Norwood with Wrexham.

Can't see it myself but they do have some money to spend
Pigott on 12:35 - Dec 23 with 3892 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Pigott on 12:32 - Dec 23 by FightingEssex

Rumors are he and Frasier are off in the window, Barry gone, as well as Coulson, Carroll, Burgess and Walton. Will be interesting to see how true that is, so far they were right about Barry going. We have some serious bloat so I can see a few being moved on, especially Nolan and Jackson.

Coulson, Carroll, Burgess.

I've seen none of these rumours. Link please.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Pigott on 12:42 - Dec 23 with 3843 viewsRealSlimShady

I doubt he will be quick to lose Carroll. He has worked with him before and Tottenham and has been praising him.
Login to get fewer ads

Pigott on 12:55 - Dec 23 with 3751 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think Pigott is too good to be sold.

He shows touches of class each time he's played, he's just rusty from being under utilised by Cook.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Pigott on 12:59 - Dec 23 with 3714 viewsChrisd

Lets see what the new manager thinks, before getting ahead of ourselves.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Pigott on 13:01 - Dec 23 with 3720 viewsMullet

No idea who is likely to move on at this stage. But I’d have thought Pigott is exactly the type of player a modern coach from United would look to utilise.

I’d suggest there will be done hard decisions to balance the squad and wage bill.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Pigott on 13:02 - Dec 23 with 3697 viewsBondiBlue

Unless ashton is some sort of genius, no-one will be paying us for these guys, let alone be offering the same wages we've given them.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Pigott on 14:03 - Dec 23 with 3479 viewsOsborneOneNil

Be tricky offloading Burgess, unless on loan. He'll be on ok money, arguably more than he is worth.
Pigott on 14:24 - Dec 23 with 3408 viewsjayessess

Pigott on 13:02 - Dec 23 by BondiBlue

Unless ashton is some sort of genius, no-one will be paying us for these guys, let alone be offering the same wages we've given them.

9 out seems unlikely for a January window anyway, regardless of how big a haircut we fancy taking on their wages/fees.

It'd mean recruiting, at least, a centre back, a goalkeeper, a left back, a centre midfielder and a striker in a bad window for recruitment, ahead of a long shot second half of the season. We'd be doing this with a new first team coach who won't have had much time to assess his new players.

Surely you'd delay doing all of that until the Summer? Walton might be beyond our control, terminating Coulson and Barry's loans are probably fairly obvious. Nolan, Kenlock and Jackson have been on their way out for a long time. Beyond that? Can't see it. Not unless we get a very generous offer.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Pigott on 14:44 - Dec 23 with 3332 viewsIllinoisblue

What is the source for these rumours ?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Pigott on 14:45 - Dec 23 with 3323 viewsDubtractor

Pigott on 11:50 - Dec 23 by TrumptonBlue

For all the talk of better football under Cook (and it was better/more exciting for sure) we still ultimately went direct quite often, and that really didn't seem to suit Piggott at all. It will be interesting to see how McKenna sets us up, and whether that suits Piggott better.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Pigott on 14:54 - Dec 23 with 3287 viewsjaykay

Pigott on 14:44 - Dec 23 by Illinoisblue

What is the source for these rumours ?

same place where everybody had defo information who was going to be the new manager .
oh wait

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Pigott on 15:17 - Dec 23 with 3237 viewsJammyDodgerrr

He'll be going to Wrexham.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Pigott on 15:19 - Dec 23 with 3233 viewsGeomorph

He cuts a sad figure on the pitch but seems a funny guy off it… hope we find a way to use him
Pigott on 15:21 - Dec 23 with 3223 viewsRadlett_blue

Pigott on 14:24 - Dec 23 by jayessess

9 out seems unlikely for a January window anyway, regardless of how big a haircut we fancy taking on their wages/fees.

It'd mean recruiting, at least, a centre back, a goalkeeper, a left back, a centre midfielder and a striker in a bad window for recruitment, ahead of a long shot second half of the season. We'd be doing this with a new first team coach who won't have had much time to assess his new players.

Surely you'd delay doing all of that until the Summer? Walton might be beyond our control, terminating Coulson and Barry's loans are probably fairly obvious. Nolan, Kenlock and Jackson have been on their way out for a long time. Beyond that? Can't see it. Not unless we get a very generous offer.

You would think McKenna will, as he said, want to work with what he has here rather than making wholesale changes in January. Of the players who are actually ours, Jackson, Aluko, Nolan, Nsiala, Donacien, Kenlock & Norwood are out of contract in the summer. I don't see any of them as "must haves" & equally most of them will have little value in the transfer market if we try to sell so we shouldn't fret too much either way. I'd expect the odd loan coming in, probably a Man U youth player or two, but hard to see McKenna bringing many in. The summer should, yet again, see big turnover.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Pigott on 15:29 - Dec 23 with 3191 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Pigott on 15:17 - Dec 23 by JammyDodgerrr

He'll be going to Wrexham.

Norwood out of contract in the summer, Bonne on loan.

I'd be surprised to see Pigott leave.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Pigott on 16:21 - Dec 23 with 3062 viewsjayessess

Pigott on 15:21 - Dec 23 by Radlett_blue

You would think McKenna will, as he said, want to work with what he has here rather than making wholesale changes in January. Of the players who are actually ours, Jackson, Aluko, Nolan, Nsiala, Donacien, Kenlock & Norwood are out of contract in the summer. I don't see any of them as "must haves" & equally most of them will have little value in the transfer market if we try to sell so we shouldn't fret too much either way. I'd expect the odd loan coming in, probably a Man U youth player or two, but hard to see McKenna bringing many in. The summer should, yet again, see big turnover.

I think Janoi got himself another 2 years

Pigott on 17:25 - Dec 23 with 2928 viewsRadlett_blue

Pigott on 16:21 - Dec 23 by jayessess

I think Janoi got himself another 2 years

Oops yes - although you make it sound like a prison sentence!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Pigott on 17:43 - Dec 23 with 2881 viewslazyblue

That’s gossip more than rumours .
Pigott on 17:44 - Dec 23 with 2878 viewsjayessess

Pigott on 17:25 - Dec 23 by Radlett_blue

Oops yes - although you make it sound like a prison sentence!

out in 6 months with good behaviour

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024