Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody staying up for The Ashes? 22:41 - Jan 6 with 2156 viewsMelford

Let's do a lunchtime score sweepstake. I'm saying 48-4.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 22:43 - Jan 6 with 1704 viewsgainsboroughblue

Assuming a full session. 60-3. Which is depressingly optimistic.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 22:44 - Jan 6 with 1700 viewsBABLUE

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 22:43 - Jan 6 by gainsboroughblue

Assuming a full session. 60-3. Which is depressingly optimistic.

75-2

What am I doing?
Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 22:47 - Jan 6 with 1680 viewsTrumptonBlue

97-0.

114 all out an hour before tea.
Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 22:48 - Jan 6 with 1680 viewsFtnfwest

Having watched Elgar show what not giving your wicket up without an almighty fight means earlier, yes probably will be about that
Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 22:48 - Jan 6 with 1676 viewsgainsboroughblue

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 22:44 - Jan 6 by BABLUE

75-2

What am I doing?

You could rearrange your numbers into a more likely score! 27/5 maybe. It would certainly help get this nightmare series finished quicker.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 22:49 - Jan 6 with 1673 viewsbluelagos

3 down by lunch. 7 by tea. All out in last session for 203.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 22:55 - Jan 6 with 1659 viewsFtnfwest

Rain, we could be saved….for a bit
Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 23:10 - Jan 6 with 1637 viewsChrisd

I’m going to put this out there for discussion, our batting has been woeful there’s no disputing that, however I honestly believe our bowling has only been marginally better. For example, Nathan Lyon has a better batting average than all but three of our players and Starc has a batting average of 75!! The Aussies post yet another 400+ first innings total and we still can’t bowl them out. Not really sure this suggests our bowling has been that good either?!

No, I won’t be an utter waste of time. England will be 205 all out.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2022 23:11]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 23:21 - Jan 6 with 1615 viewsCoastalblue

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 23:10 - Jan 6 by Chrisd

I’m going to put this out there for discussion, our batting has been woeful there’s no disputing that, however I honestly believe our bowling has only been marginally better. For example, Nathan Lyon has a better batting average than all but three of our players and Starc has a batting average of 75!! The Aussies post yet another 400+ first innings total and we still can’t bowl them out. Not really sure this suggests our bowling has been that good either?!

Don't disagree, but without runs on the board the bowlers are always going to be under pressure and struggling.

Interesting quote from Broad

"You can dissect loads on this trip, but first-innings runs is where you live in Test cricket," said Broad.

"We've failed to deliver that. It doesn't matter what bowlers you play if you're getting bowled out for 140. That might be a bit brutal, but that's the truth in Test cricket."

Oh, and getting well optimistic, 57-3

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 23:25 - Jan 6 with 1595 viewsRyorry

Rain delayed start, so

13 - 0 ;/

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 23:27 - Jan 6 with 1591 viewsChrisd

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 23:21 - Jan 6 by Coastalblue

Don't disagree, but without runs on the board the bowlers are always going to be under pressure and struggling.

Interesting quote from Broad

"You can dissect loads on this trip, but first-innings runs is where you live in Test cricket," said Broad.

"We've failed to deliver that. It doesn't matter what bowlers you play if you're getting bowled out for 140. That might be a bit brutal, but that's the truth in Test cricket."

Oh, and getting well optimistic, 57-3

No runs on the board from us when the Aussies have batted first, which they have done twice. That’s the 3rd first innings total by the Aussies out of the 4 tests where they have posted a score of 400+. I’m certainly not excusing our batting, but I really do think our bowlers are escaping criticism because the batting has been so inept.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2022 23:28]

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 23:36 - Jan 6 with 1561 viewsXYZ

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 23:25 - Jan 6 by Ryorry

Rain delayed start, so

13 - 0 ;/

You win, I reckon.
Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 23:40 - Jan 6 with 1558 viewsRyorry

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 23:36 - Jan 6 by XYZ

You win, I reckon.

Hah, advantage of posting later than the rest of you

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 00:45 - Jan 7 with 1510 viewsstonojnr

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 23:40 - Jan 6 by Ryorry

Hah, advantage of posting later than the rest of you

restart at 1:10 if no more rain, i reckon thats 50mins of play till lunch :)
Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 02:33 - Jan 7 with 1419 viewsXYZ

Boland 8-7 lol
Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 02:43 - Jan 7 with 1409 viewsBlueBadger

I've just been up all night with the old man who's been quite unwell and is now on his way to hospital or the second time in a week.

That was probably more fun than listening to TMS commentate on this Ashes tour.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 03:22 - Jan 7 with 1386 viewsRyorry

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 02:43 - Jan 7 by BlueBadger

I've just been up all night with the old man who's been quite unwell and is now on his way to hospital or the second time in a week.

That was probably more fun than listening to TMS commentate on this Ashes tour.

Sorry to hear that Badger, hope he's alright.

At least he can take a bit of comfort from the fact that he's not an England cricketer playing in this Ashes tour.

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 03:33 - Jan 7 with 1379 viewsbournemouthblue

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 23:10 - Jan 6 by Chrisd

Making it to 200+

We can dream!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 04:03 - Jan 7 with 1360 viewsSamuelowen88

Pretty dismal so far.

Bizarre non dismissal for Stokes there as well. But should he even be playing? Sounds like he could be doing himself harm playing.

Poll: England v Wales Score

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 06:48 - Jan 7 with 1292 viewsChrisd

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 03:33 - Jan 7 by bournemouthblue

Making it to 200+

We can dream!

For this England batting line up making it past 200 is the equivalent of a good batting test side scoring 400+. At one point, 70 balls, 0 runs for 3 wickets! Credit to Bairstow and Stokes for their innings, oh and our other reliable scoring contributor ‘extras’.

I wonder if we’d give Zimbabwe a good game in test cricket? That’s about our level.

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 07:26 - Jan 7 with 1268 viewsBABLUE

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 06:48 - Jan 7 by Chrisd

For this England batting line up making it past 200 is the equivalent of a good batting test side scoring 400+. At one point, 70 balls, 0 runs for 3 wickets! Credit to Bairstow and Stokes for their innings, oh and our other reliable scoring contributor ‘extras’.

I wonder if we’d give Zimbabwe a good game in test cricket? That’s about our level.

Or Ireland
Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 07:35 - Jan 7 with 1258 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well batted JB.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 08:03 - Jan 7 with 1220 viewsChrisd

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 07:35 - Jan 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Well batted JB.

Yes, very much. A good counter-attacking innings from Wood at the end too. Although it is great to see England actually showing some fight, we are still well behind in this game.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 8:20]

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 08:06 - Jan 7 with 1213 viewsbournemouthblue

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 06:48 - Jan 7 by Chrisd

This!

I must admit I stayed up to see Stokes 50 and then ended up watching the middle session on disbelief

Once that Kookaburra gets old, it's a whole lot easier to bat

I do fear that that suggests this pitch isn't that bad a place to bat really, the pitch isn't quite as old as a day three pitch given all the rain delays which may even point to a case of it being around the best time to bat all test

Hopefully we can hang around tomorrow morning and frustrate the Aussies, the worst thing that could happen is we collapse within about 10 overs and they then pile on the lead and declare with us having to see out four sessions

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 08:41 - Jan 7 with 1149 viewsFtnfwest

Anybody staying up for The Ashes? on 04:03 - Jan 7 by Samuelowen88

Pretty dismal so far.

Bizarre non dismissal for Stokes there as well. But should he even be playing? Sounds like he could be doing himself harm playing.

still can't work out what the aussies were appealing for and of course why the umpire gave it out
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024