Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Toto is going 09:40 - Jan 13 with 2841 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Who else will the club be trying to move out?

My guess would be.

Kenlock,
Holy (If we get Walton)
Nolan
Fraser (Possibly)
Jackson

Anyone else?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If Toto is going on 09:42 - Jan 13 with 2402 viewsKieran_Knows

Think you're probably right, although hopefully we keep hold of Fraser.

Kenlock, Holy, Nolan and Jackson all out of contract in the summer too.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If Toto is going on 10:26 - Jan 13 with 2232 viewsPrice_1991

I wouldn't be surprised if we came to some sort of agreement to terminate Kenlock, Holy and Nolans contracts as they are all up in the summer anyway. Would give us the room we need to sign Walton and Bonne on permanents as we are close to the FFP limit.
If Toto is going on 10:34 - Jan 13 with 2167 viewsgordon

Could imagine that Burgess and Harper might be a bit vulnerable as well, depending on how McKenna sees things - if Burgess moved on we'd need to bring in another defender, but he doesn't fit at all with the system.
If Toto is going on 10:43 - Jan 13 with 2120 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If Toto is going on 10:34 - Jan 13 by gordon

Could imagine that Burgess and Harper might be a bit vulnerable as well, depending on how McKenna sees things - if Burgess moved on we'd need to bring in another defender, but he doesn't fit at all with the system.

Well, le'ts not go down the route of having one nailed on system that we never deviate from.

If Toto is going on 10:48 - Jan 13 with 2072 viewsFPL_Tractor

Burgess played on left of back 3 at Stanley, which was the best spell of his young career, so whilst I appreciate his style isn't perfect for how we're looking playing now (he's no Toto, but he's not great on the ball) I think he'd be fine in that position - particularly as a back up,

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

If Toto is going on 10:50 - Jan 13 with 2056 viewsmarkchips

If Toto is going on 10:43 - Jan 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

Well, le'ts not go down the route of having one nailed on system that we never deviate from.

No point us keeping all of these fringe players who, if they are effectively not part of the squad, would no way play at a higher level. Better to invest in proven first team players like Walton and Bonne.

Last dregs of the Hurst era need to be gone, although I must say I am so pleased Donacien has proved many wrong.

It can only be positive to rid the club of the likes of Holy, Jackson, Nolan , Kenlock and Nsiala .None of them are playing so what is the point.
If Toto is going on 10:51 - Jan 13 with 2045 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If Toto is going on 10:50 - Jan 13 by markchips

No point us keeping all of these fringe players who, if they are effectively not part of the squad, would no way play at a higher level. Better to invest in proven first team players like Walton and Bonne.

Last dregs of the Hurst era need to be gone, although I must say I am so pleased Donacien has proved many wrong.

It can only be positive to rid the club of the likes of Holy, Jackson, Nolan , Kenlock and Nsiala .None of them are playing so what is the point.

I was talking about Burgess, Who is a central defender in any case. And we're playing 3 of them.

If Toto is going on 10:55 - Jan 13 with 2014 viewsFPL_Tractor

I heard an interesting comment on one of the Town podcasts (Blue Monday, I think) that suggested this window is very slow as clubs are "hoarding" their players because of COVID and the fear of reducing their squads. So while i'm sure we'd be looking to offload Kenlock, Nolan, Jackson and (Walton depending) Holy in usual times I wonder if we'd not get rid of all 4 just to cover ourselves. Holy for instance could be worth keeping (no pun intended) even as a 3rd choice because the drop off to our next keeper is huge.

Also with teams hoarding my guess is it's difficult to get players out of the door as there's probably not much money flying about. May be if Burnley recruit a Wood replacement from the Championship there could be a knock on effect?

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Login to get fewer ads

If Toto is going on 11:06 - Jan 13 with 1938 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If Toto is going on 10:55 - Jan 13 by FPL_Tractor

I heard an interesting comment on one of the Town podcasts (Blue Monday, I think) that suggested this window is very slow as clubs are "hoarding" their players because of COVID and the fear of reducing their squads. So while i'm sure we'd be looking to offload Kenlock, Nolan, Jackson and (Walton depending) Holy in usual times I wonder if we'd not get rid of all 4 just to cover ourselves. Holy for instance could be worth keeping (no pun intended) even as a 3rd choice because the drop off to our next keeper is huge.

Also with teams hoarding my guess is it's difficult to get players out of the door as there's probably not much money flying about. May be if Burnley recruit a Wood replacement from the Championship there could be a knock on effect?

I guess the other question is Norwood. Out of contract in the summer, and with the goals he's scoring now, increasing his value.

If he isn't going to extend his contract, (and given the way he's been treated here, nothing is certain) then the club are going to have to try an move him on in this window.

If Toto is going on 11:08 - Jan 13 with 1917 viewshype313

If Toto is going on 11:06 - Jan 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

I guess the other question is Norwood. Out of contract in the summer, and with the goals he's scoring now, increasing his value.

If he isn't going to extend his contract, (and given the way he's been treated here, nothing is certain) then the club are going to have to try an move him on in this window.

Do the club have an option for another year on Norwood?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

If Toto is going on 11:24 - Jan 13 with 1853 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If Toto is going on 11:08 - Jan 13 by hype313

Do the club have an option for another year on Norwood?

I don't think so. Phil? Do they?

If Toto is going on 11:27 - Jan 13 with 1834 viewsBLUEBEAT

If Toto is going on 10:48 - Jan 13 by FPL_Tractor

Burgess played on left of back 3 at Stanley, which was the best spell of his young career, so whilst I appreciate his style isn't perfect for how we're looking playing now (he's no Toto, but he's not great on the ball) I think he'd be fine in that position - particularly as a back up,

Oh, that’s interesting.

And good for us.

Poll: W or W

If Toto is going on 11:31 - Jan 13 with 1810 viewsclive_baker

Happy enough with that list. The pre Cook tripe + Fraser.

I think Fraser is a really good player, and could certainly see him flourishing here in Aluko's role, but given he's been playing so well and we still have Chaplin and perhaps Celina waiting in the wings, I can see his opportunities being limited.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If Toto is going on 11:42 - Jan 13 with 1761 viewsHackneyblueboy

If Toto is going on 10:48 - Jan 13 by FPL_Tractor

I can't see Burgess going now. Maybe in the summer. If Toto is going we certainly can't lose another CB and there's no way we're going to recoup anywhere near what we paid for him. He's a pretty useful backup CB, I don't think he's in the mould KmcK is looking for but against certain more direct sides I think he could be useful.

When you think the club let James Wilson go and paid 750k for Burgess my oh my. Anyways that ship has sailed.
If Toto is going on 12:10 - Jan 13 with 1592 viewsGarv

Think Harper will be fine, unless he's pushing for more games. Only 21 and definitely has potential. I'd keep him and try and make him better, we've got the manager for it.

Chalobah was a similarly chaotic central midfielder at times who a lot of people didn't like, and look where he is now. He was younger but the same argument applies.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

If Toto is going on 12:14 - Jan 13 with 1534 viewstractorboy1978

If Toto is going on 12:10 - Jan 13 by Garv

Think Harper will be fine, unless he's pushing for more games. Only 21 and definitely has potential. I'd keep him and try and make him better, we've got the manager for it.

Chalobah was a similarly chaotic central midfielder at times who a lot of people didn't like, and look where he is now. He was younger but the same argument applies.

Harper and Edwards are the type of players that will see McKenna earn his corn as a top coach. Two lads with the raw attributes to play at the very top if harnessed properly and well coached.
If Toto is going on 12:18 - Jan 13 with 1508 viewsclive_baker

If that happened we would be looking at a nicely balanced and quality looking 22-man squad IMO, especially given the versatility of certain players eg. Chaplin whose future could arguably be more as a forward option:

Walton, Hladky

Donacien, Woolfenden, Edmundson, Burgess
KVY, Burns
Penney, Coulson

Evans, Morsy, Harper, Celina, Edwards, Chaplin, Aluko, Carroll, El Mizouni

Pigott, Norwood, Bonne

Perhaps could afford to send El Miz on loan, ideally with the option of calling him back if needed. Really would be good to get Coulson back fit too, I think he could thrive in that wing back role.

Others: Morris, Baggott, Clements and a handful of the other youngsters. All cheap and young, which is a good place to be.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If Toto is going on 12:42 - Jan 13 with 1377 viewsWestover

If Toto is going on 11:24 - Jan 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

I don't think so. Phil? Do they?

We are thrilled to confirm the signing of striker James Norwood on a three-year deal with the option of a further 12 months.
If Toto is going on 12:53 - Jan 13 with 1319 viewsBluroo

If Toto is going on 12:18 - Jan 13 by clive_baker

If that happened we would be looking at a nicely balanced and quality looking 22-man squad IMO, especially given the versatility of certain players eg. Chaplin whose future could arguably be more as a forward option:

Walton, Hladky

Donacien, Woolfenden, Edmundson, Burgess
KVY, Burns
Penney, Coulson

Evans, Morsy, Harper, Celina, Edwards, Chaplin, Aluko, Carroll, El Mizouni

Pigott, Norwood, Bonne

Perhaps could afford to send El Miz on loan, ideally with the option of calling him back if needed. Really would be good to get Coulson back fit too, I think he could thrive in that wing back role.

Others: Morris, Baggott, Clements and a handful of the other youngsters. All cheap and young, which is a good place to be.

4 CB's for 3 CB spots and 3 strikers for 2 striker spots looks a bit thin to me. Especially the CB cover. With 1 injury we couldn't name a CB on the bench. At least we have some utility attacking players.
If Toto is going on 13:08 - Jan 13 with 1257 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Is Nolan fit enough to move on?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

If Toto is going on 13:21 - Jan 13 with 1179 viewsjayessess

If Toto is going on 12:53 - Jan 13 by Bluroo

4 CB's for 3 CB spots and 3 strikers for 2 striker spots looks a bit thin to me. Especially the CB cover. With 1 injury we couldn't name a CB on the bench. At least we have some utility attacking players.

Bit thin, but I do wonder if a bit of flexibility moves you away from having to have one and a spare from every position and into making do/shifting formation/promoting a youth you think can handle it?

Certainly for the forwards I think you'd just move one of the attacking midfielders in the front line.

4 CBs is still definitely too few though. There's not even any obvious flexibility amongst the wing backs or centre midfielders.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 13:29]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

If Toto is going on 13:23 - Jan 13 with 1168 viewsFPL_Tractor

If Toto is going on 13:08 - Jan 13 by BlueandTruesince82

My guess is if Nolan goes we'll pay him off and he'll try to get a club after the transfer window closes and he's fit.

That's an option if we need the wage budget space for Walton/Bonne and/or we need the squad space and he's not going to make the 20. At the moment I'd have Kenlock ahead of Nolan in my 20 simply because he's fit and could play that left centre back role while we're pretty well stocked in centre midfield so Nolan must be well down the pecking order now.

If Toto is going on 13:30 - Jan 13 with 1132 viewsBlueBadger

If Toto is going on 13:23 - Jan 13 by FPL_Tractor

My guess is if Nolan goes we'll pay him off and he'll try to get a club after the transfer window closes and he's fit.

That's an option if we need the wage budget space for Walton/Bonne and/or we need the squad space and he's not going to make the 20. At the moment I'd have Kenlock ahead of Nolan in my 20 simply because he's fit and could play that left centre back role while we're pretty well stocked in centre midfield so Nolan must be well down the pecking order now.

God help us if the day comes when Kenlock is called up to play centre half.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 13:37]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If Toto is going on 13:34 - Jan 13 with 1103 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If Toto is going on 13:08 - Jan 13 by BlueandTruesince82

How fit do you need to be to have your contract paid up?

If Toto is going on 14:36 - Jan 13 with 966 viewsfranz_tyson

If Toto is going on 12:10 - Jan 13 by Garv

Harper’s only 21 and he could be one that could benefit from a loan out. I know he was brought here as a senior player, but looks too much traffic ahead of him at the moment. If we keep Carroll and Fraser he might not get a sniff.
Big squad and surely McKenna should be concentrating on getting the whole squad to improve as opposed to concentrating on individual young players. Maybe a loan elsewhere and extra game time would be better for him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024