Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list 14:54 - Jan 21 with 3378 viewstractordownsouth

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:57 - Jan 21 with 799 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 14:58 - Jan 21 by Kieran_Knows

Jesus wept. How many more loans does El Mizouni need to get a run of games here?

And as for Harper, poor bloke. 12 months ago playing in the Prem, now he can't even get in a midtable League 1 side.

Poor from Town, IMO.

Think the writing looks to be on the wall here for El Miz really. Given the level at which we’re operating in the market I think youngsters will have to have that extra something to break through, and given that he hasn’t been able to do so yet it looks unlikely to happen now. I guess him absolutely ripping it up on loan may change things but he has undisclosed minimum fee to League Two in the Summer written all over him IMO

Harper just looks like a flop, he can’t get in and his career is probably already in danger of heading one way. In that respect a loan is probably a positive for him really. That said if Bakinson doesn’t add something we’ll have basically traded a permanent player for a loan of a similar ilk, which makes it a bit of an odd one really!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 16:08 - Jan 21 with 774 viewsjayessess

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:57 - Jan 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Think the writing looks to be on the wall here for El Miz really. Given the level at which we’re operating in the market I think youngsters will have to have that extra something to break through, and given that he hasn’t been able to do so yet it looks unlikely to happen now. I guess him absolutely ripping it up on loan may change things but he has undisclosed minimum fee to League Two in the Summer written all over him IMO

Harper just looks like a flop, he can’t get in and his career is probably already in danger of heading one way. In that respect a loan is probably a positive for him really. That said if Bakinson doesn’t add something we’ll have basically traded a permanent player for a loan of a similar ilk, which makes it a bit of an odd one really!

I don't know about that. El Mizouni must have done something right to force his way into the first team squad and win a 3-year contract. Maybe it was just Cook who rated him, but I doubt it.

A really good loan spell for either player probably puts them right back in the mix.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 16:08 - Jan 21 with 781 viewsSitfcB

Ahem.

McKenna: El Mizouni and Harper in Long-Term Plans But Available For Loan 21st Jan 2022 15:48
Town boss Kieran McKenna says midfield pair Idris El Mizouni and Rekeem Harper have long-term futures at Portman Road but need to move out on loan during the second half of the season to play regular football. 10

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 16:34 - Jan 21 with 737 viewswkj

Jesus wept. How many more loans does El Mizouni need to get a run of games here?

And as for Harper, poor bloke. 12 months ago playing in the Prem, now he can't even get in a midtable League 1 side.

Poor from Town, IMO.

El Miz needs to be playing at the level we're at now. The truth is, we need to be playing at a level above where we're at now. It's dilemma.

As for Harper - whether it was Cook or Ashton - We recruited way too heavily in this area over the summer- I feel sorry for the bloke.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 16:39 - Jan 21 with 734 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 16:08 - Jan 21 by SitfcB

Ahem.

McKenna: El Mizouni and Harper in Long-Term Plans But Available For Loan 21st Jan 2022 15:48
Town boss Kieran McKenna says midfield pair Idris El Mizouni and Rekeem Harper have long-term futures at Portman Road but need to move out on loan during the second half of the season to play regular football. 10

Reassuring comments from Kenny here

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 16:45 - Jan 21 with 719 viewsSteve_M

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:53 - Jan 21 by chicoazul

Harper in particular seems like such a good dude and has a great background and profile. I was very exited when he and Edwards joined and it’ll be so wasteful if we just see either or both drift away. I know that’s how it works but nonetheless.

They have both had covid which accounts for the last month.

Edwards work off the ball will see him feature again fairly soon I suspect (although, for some reason, a lot of fans don't think he can track back....)

I liked what I saw of Harper, doesn't sound like McKenna is getting rid of him just yet. Some game time will probably do him good.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 17:06 - Jan 21 with 678 viewsmonty_radio

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:11 - Jan 21 by Kieran_Knows

We keep being told El Mizouni needs to go out on loan to get games. He goes out on loan, gets games, plays well ... comes back and is still in the same boat?

I tracked his progress while on loan, but have just checked with Wiki:

First season at Cambridge 7 apps some from bench - loan ended through medial injury

Second season at Cambridge 15 apps but only 3 starts recalled in Jan window

Non-league Grimsby Jan 29th —March. loan terminated through injury.

This does not feel like the "did well on loan " scenario that some repeat, even if it was said at the time that "there is a player in there" etc.

I don't really see from his stats that he has outgrown the prospect of a really sound L2 half-season where he could stay fit and makes an all-round, lasting impression.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 17:08 - Jan 21 with 654 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 16:08 - Jan 21 by jayessess

I don't know about that. El Mizouni must have done something right to force his way into the first team squad and win a 3-year contract. Maybe it was just Cook who rated him, but I doubt it.

A really good loan spell for either player probably puts them right back in the mix.

Sounds like we agree on the loan bit but not the contract. I hope to be proved wrong but I just don’t see it, that contract must be pretty minimal in the scheme of things - I just don’t see how he makes it short of really stepping up somewhere, which seems unlikely

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 19:50 - Jan 21 with 574 viewsberkstractorboy

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:13 - Jan 21 by footers

What is happening with Carroll exactly? Many thought he'd be a decent short-term addition but barely featured. Has he been injured or just not selected?

Watching him against Barrow he wouldn't even get in their team ....
Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 20:41 - Jan 21 with 551 viewsVic

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:13 - Jan 21 by footers

What is happening with Carroll exactly? Many thought he'd be a decent short-term addition but barely featured. Has he been injured or just not selected?

It all smacks of Cookie and Ashton bringing in more players than we needed on the assumption that between them we’d find 13 or 14 that clicked together. Those not part of that group basically become surplus to requirements and need to be moved on so they can be replaced by those that fit and compliment.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 22:43 - Jan 21 with 507 viewsChurchman

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 20:41 - Jan 21 by Vic

It all smacks of Cookie and Ashton bringing in more players than we needed on the assumption that between them we’d find 13 or 14 that clicked together. Those not part of that group basically become surplus to requirements and need to be moved on so they can be replaced by those that fit and compliment.

Agreed. The summer had a smack of desperation about it towards the end of the transfer window and It all felt a bit get em in and throw a team together.

I guess that’s the downside of building a team literally from scratch as opposed to developing one over time. I listened to Burley’s second interview today and was left feeling how much better it is to build over time in the way he did than bomb squads and hoping for the best.
Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 12:50 - Jan 22 with 440 viewsjayessess

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 17:08 - Jan 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Sounds like we agree on the loan bit but not the contract. I hope to be proved wrong but I just don’t see it, that contract must be pretty minimal in the scheme of things - I just don’t see how he makes it short of really stepping up somewhere, which seems unlikely

Contract isn't going to be an expensive one, agreed. But we will have put ourselves on the hook for at least £200k or so over the life of it.

My POV is that in May he was nowhere at all - a 21-year old who'd just had indifferent, injury interrupted spell at Grimsby. We then brought in 5 centre midfielders, kept 1 more senior one. By October, he was our 3rd choice there and we were proposing to keep him until he's 24. That's a big turnaround, especially when he'd probably have been happy enough getting one extra year.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 12:57 - Jan 22 with 435 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Poor from Town, IMO.

You appear to have spelt "hasn't got a clue" wrong in your username.

I also wonder if you would be complaining about us not playing Morsy and Evans when we were playing Harper and El Mizouni instead.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 13:12 - Jan 22 with 405 viewsVic

Poor from Town, IMO.

From what KM says about this it’s simply that they need to be playing games - which he’s being honest enough to say probably isn’t going to happen here this season. Nothing to do with development, just that they need games esp El Miz.

Sounds like good management of players to me.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 13:58 - Jan 22 with 386 viewschicoazul

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 16:45 - Jan 21 by Steve_M

They have both had covid which accounts for the last month.

Edwards work off the ball will see him feature again fairly soon I suspect (although, for some reason, a lot of fans don't think he can track back....)

I liked what I saw of Harper, doesn't sound like McKenna is getting rid of him just yet. Some game time will probably do him good.

“For some reason”, aha we know why though really.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 14:12 - Jan 22 with 360 viewscressi

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 15:07 - Jan 21 by Illinoisblue

It would make more sense if we were bringing in proven quality. A Bristol City reserve doesn’t quite fit that description.

Hardly just a Bristol city reserve played 30 championship games last year
I remember Downes falling out with management here hardly a reserve
Now playing regularly in the championship
Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 14:38 - Jan 22 with 339 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 13:58 - Jan 22 by chicoazul

“For some reason”, aha we know why though really.

Yes. Because he is a creative player and the two are considered mutually exclusive. Clearly a player cannot be in two places at the same time but the idea they can only do one or other overall is a nonsense. Rather like the edgy implication of your focus on the "for some reason".

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Harper and El Mizouni on the loan list on 14:45 - Jan 22 with 323 viewsBluroo

The plan is to get promoted and stay in the Championship, at least, therefore any players with "long-term futures" at Ipswich Town with longer contracts must surely be above average Championship standard, at least. I don't see how either Harper or El Miz currently meet that criteria. I say currently, because I haven't got a crystal ball to predict their improvement, if any...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024