Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TEAM: WTF 18:46 - Jan 25 with 5528 viewsSitfcB

[Post edited 25 Jan 2022 18:46]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

TEAM: WTF on 19:26 - Jan 25 with 888 viewsitfcsuth

Jackson ahead of Edwards is strange, unless we are reverting back to a 3-4-1-2. But wouldn’t be surprised if Jackson plays the inside forward role.

Midfield looks suspect but options are limited.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2022 19:26]
TEAM: WTF on 19:26 - Jan 25 with 885 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Piggott must surely be on his way at least on loan if Jackson is ahead of him?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

TEAM: WTF on 19:27 - Jan 25 with 877 viewsBarcaBlue

Wimbledon have just about the worst home record in the league. Maybe he's seen things in training he wants to try out and is confident enough that he has the set up right to get a result. Also last Saturday was quite bruising and next is a real big one. Makes sense if we win of course but any unenforced changes before the hour mark would probably suggest a rethink and possibly a misjudgement.

I'm confident and trust the manager, nothing has suggested so far that he does random.
TEAM: WTF on 19:27 - Jan 25 with 877 viewsjas0999

Bonne being rested is perhaps no surprise. Chaplin though? Jackson starting?
TEAM: WTF on 19:29 - Jan 25 with 858 viewsRobTheMonk

6-0 win with a Jackson hat trick and Bakinson playing like Pirlo.
TEAM: WTF on 19:30 - Jan 25 with 851 viewsDyland

TEAM: WTF on 18:58 - Jan 25 by NthQldITFC

Run their defence ragged with Jackson's pace for 60 minutes then drop Celina and Chaplin in. Makes sense (I think).

Well this is desperate...

Love the positivity though :)

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

TEAM: WTF on 19:32 - Jan 25 with 840 viewsquad

TEAM: WTF on 19:26 - Jan 25 by BlueandTruesince82

Piggott must surely be on his way at least on loan if Jackson is ahead of him?

I think he will be loaned. In case we don't get Bonne permanently at the end of the season or Norwood gets injured again. That's why Simpson came back as cover. I don't know, I'm just speculating. But Piggott could be needed next season more than he is this and there's still a quality player in him.
TEAM: WTF on 19:35 - Jan 25 with 805 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Jackson? Jackson?!?

That’s.. blimey. Jackson??!!?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

TEAM: WTF on 19:38 - Jan 25 with 758 viewsBasingstokeBlue

TEAM: WTF on 19:26 - Jan 25 by itfcsuth

Jackson ahead of Edwards is strange, unless we are reverting back to a 3-4-1-2. But wouldn’t be surprised if Jackson plays the inside forward role.

Midfield looks suspect but options are limited.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2022 19:26]

Sky think we are, indeed, playing 3-4-1-2 tonight.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

TEAM: WTF on 19:41 - Jan 25 with 731 viewsFightingEssex

TEAM: WTF on 18:48 - Jan 25 by sohamblue

WOW, Bonne dropped or rested ?

Rested I suspect. He’s been putting in some shifts this season and you can see he’s tired. We have options, why not use them?

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

TEAM: WTF on 19:42 - Jan 25 with 715 viewswkj

McKenna obviously has a plan - he doesn't seem like the type who will arbitrarily switch players.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

TEAM: WTF on 19:45 - Jan 25 with 687 viewsBlueandTruesince82

TEAM: WTF on 19:41 - Jan 25 by FightingEssex

Rested I suspect. He’s been putting in some shifts this season and you can see he’s tired. We have options, why not use them?

Bonne being rested I have no issue with but Chaplin surely warrants another start over Jackson?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

TEAM: WTF on 19:49 - Jan 25 with 664 viewsChurchman

TEAM: WTF on 18:55 - Jan 25 by jeera

Looking at his squad in a match situation before making final transfer window decisions?

That's all I got.

Me too. I can’t see another reason. Anyway, KM has got nothing wrong so far, so let’s see how we go.
TEAM: WTF on 12:04 - Jan 26 with 519 viewsBluroo

I think it's worth waiting and re-evaluating a few of our players under KM, as some of them clearly weren't playing for, or properly utilized, under Cook. The really good managers have that ability to get more out of and improve players, Cook was never going to deliver on that. But I beleive KM can.

Jackson may not be Mbappe, but the object of the exercise is to get out of this league within the FFP rules and if Jackson can do a job in some games to stretch defences for an hour and put in the odd assist or contribute with the odd goal, whilst allowing some of our key players to rest and stay fresh for bigger games, that is useful in the current situation.
TEAM: WTF on 12:17 - Jan 26 with 488 viewsSwansea_Blue

TEAM: WTF on 12:04 - Jan 26 by Bluroo

I think it's worth waiting and re-evaluating a few of our players under KM, as some of them clearly weren't playing for, or properly utilized, under Cook. The really good managers have that ability to get more out of and improve players, Cook was never going to deliver on that. But I beleive KM can.

Jackson may not be Mbappe, but the object of the exercise is to get out of this league within the FFP rules and if Jackson can do a job in some games to stretch defences for an hour and put in the odd assist or contribute with the odd goal, whilst allowing some of our key players to rest and stay fresh for bigger games, that is useful in the current situation.

Yep, we're going to need the squad. Bombing out Norwood for months, for example, was bloody ridiculous. We'll need them all/most of them at some point or another.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

TEAM: WTF on 12:19 - Jan 26 with 475 viewsJon_456

TEAM: WTF on 12:04 - Jan 26 by Bluroo

Good assessment. We all know Jackson doesnt have the greatest technical ability but he did a job for us last night and it worked out well.

McKenna was right, we need every player in this squad and they all have a part to play if we want to succeed this season.
TEAM: WTF on 12:30 - Jan 26 with 444 viewsjayessess

Spent a bit too long in the pub and ended up arriving a minute after kick-off, so it took me a while to register that, yes, we had gone with Jackson, Norwood and Aluko as the three forwards.

I did worry that we might regret rotating out so much of our technical ability. Glad it worked out in the end!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024