Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy replacement? 10:54 - Jan 27 with 1929 viewsitfcjoe

Just me who thinks El Mizouni, playing that role SM has done since McKenna came in pushing up pressing etc is a better fit than anyone else we have?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Morsy replacement? on 10:56 - Jan 27 with 1885 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Yep i agree
Morsy replacement? on 10:56 - Jan 27 with 1878 viewsiamipswich

I agree. If we want someone to 'sit' on Barry Bannan at the weekend, El Mizouni has the legs and tenacity to apply the pressure but also has the footballing ability to contribute when in possession.

Poll: Who will return first?

Morsy replacement? on 10:59 - Jan 27 with 1842 viewsitfcsuth

No, you're not the only one, because I am of the same view, and imagine there are many Town fans with the similar view.

But ultimately don't think it will happen. Looks certain to be Carroll and Bakinson.

Surely one of Harper or El Mizouni need to be involved in the 18 Saturday. Not confident with Carroll and Bakinson at Hillsborough.
Morsy replacement? on 11:01 - Jan 27 with 1822 viewsSuperfrans

Does he have the sheethouse credentials for that role? Genuine question btw.

Morsy is an enforcer, motivator as well as a creator, isn't he?

I wonder whether Bakinson is viewed as the man for this role (he showed the physique and presence for it at AFCW, I thought), or Evans (this was his role earlier in the season, wasn't it?). My gut is that (if fit) those two would be the most likely pairing.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Morsy replacement? on 11:21 - Jan 27 with 1712 viewsbilllm

Morsy replacement? on 11:01 - Jan 27 by Superfrans

Does he have the sheethouse credentials for that role? Genuine question btw.

Morsy is an enforcer, motivator as well as a creator, isn't he?

I wonder whether Bakinson is viewed as the man for this role (he showed the physique and presence for it at AFCW, I thought), or Evans (this was his role earlier in the season, wasn't it?). My gut is that (if fit) those two would be the most likely pairing.

That will be the two if Evans is fit, my biggest problem with Enans is he's hit or miss nothing in between we can I'll afford the miss Evans,
Morsy replacement? on 11:22 - Jan 27 with 1708 viewsNthQldITFC

Morsy replacement? on 10:59 - Jan 27 by itfcsuth

No, you're not the only one, because I am of the same view, and imagine there are many Town fans with the similar view.

But ultimately don't think it will happen. Looks certain to be Carroll and Bakinson.

Surely one of Harper or El Mizouni need to be involved in the 18 Saturday. Not confident with Carroll and Bakinson at Hillsborough.

I'd be tempted to forgo a little of the creativity of Carroll, and play Bakinson with El Miz slightly more advanced. I am assuming that my preferred front three of Bonne, Celina and Chaplin will be back, which together with Burns and Edwards (yes!) at wingback will be more than enough of a (slightly wider-focused) creative threat, whilst maintaining a solid, energetic middle.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Morsy replacement? on 11:26 - Jan 27 with 1644 viewsWallingford_Boy

Think he is more of a Lee Evans than a Morsy.

I'd go with Bak/Carroll again v Weds, unless Evans is fit.

RIP Sir Bobby

Morsy replacement? on 11:36 - Jan 27 with 1574 viewsfranz_tyson

I’ll throw something in. Aluko? He’s not an enforcer, but he looks a far more tougher customer than Carroll. I don’t think he’d get shoved of the ball so easily. And he’s got the experience.

I expected either El Miz or Harper to be on the bench on Tuesday as midfield back-up, but neither were. Doesn’t look like those two are in the immediate plans of McKenna maybe have loans lined up.
Login to get fewer ads

Morsy replacement? on 11:46 - Jan 27 with 1502 viewsBarcaBlue

Morsy replacement? on 11:22 - Jan 27 by NthQldITFC

I'd be tempted to forgo a little of the creativity of Carroll, and play Bakinson with El Miz slightly more advanced. I am assuming that my preferred front three of Bonne, Celina and Chaplin will be back, which together with Burns and Edwards (yes!) at wingback will be more than enough of a (slightly wider-focused) creative threat, whilst maintaining a solid, energetic middle.

That would be my ideal scenario too but can't see El Miz coming in at all unfortunately. I would have said the same about Jackson before Tuesday so it might still be possible I guess. Edward's at LWB has the potential to excite, really hope it happens.
Morsy replacement? on 11:54 - Jan 27 with 1452 viewsNthQldITFC

Morsy replacement? on 11:36 - Jan 27 by franz_tyson

I’ll throw something in. Aluko? He’s not an enforcer, but he looks a far more tougher customer than Carroll. I don’t think he’d get shoved of the ball so easily. And he’s got the experience.

I expected either El Miz or Harper to be on the bench on Tuesday as midfield back-up, but neither were. Doesn’t look like those two are in the immediate plans of McKenna maybe have loans lined up.

Good shout. Very good in tight situations as well.

Morsy replacement? on 12:03 - Jan 27 with 1413 viewsBondiBlue

No, it's not just you. A midfield MUST have one player at least who can tackle. If it doesn't, you can just walk through it. Bakinson looks silky on the ball and rangy enough to make interceptions but it didn't look to me like he wanted to chase back or put a foot in. Hoping the lack of chasing is just him not being match fit.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Morsy replacement? on 12:08 - Jan 27 with 1348 viewsKieran_Knows

Nah, I think we should keep sending him out on loan until he's 35 ... he might be ready then.....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Morsy replacement? on 12:18 - Jan 27 with 1251 viewsitfcsuth

Morsy replacement? on 12:08 - Jan 27 by Kieran_Knows

Nah, I think we should keep sending him out on loan until he's 35 ... he might be ready then.....

To be fair, he probably should be sent out loan. He’s 21 years old, still young although seems to have been around the first team for a while now.

He needs to playing every week. In my personal opinion he’s more than good enough to be playing every week at another club from now until the end of the season.

I think Wimbledon would be a good fit for him.
Morsy replacement? on 12:57 - Jan 27 with 1114 viewshype313

More than adequate.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Morsy replacement? on 13:05 - Jan 27 with 1071 viewsKeaneish

Agreed.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Morsy replacement? on 13:08 - Jan 27 with 1039 viewsBiGDonnie

Morsy replacement? on 11:46 - Jan 27 by BarcaBlue

That would be my ideal scenario too but can't see El Miz coming in at all unfortunately. I would have said the same about Jackson before Tuesday so it might still be possible I guess. Edward's at LWB has the potential to excite, really hope it happens.

I've seen this mentioned on TWTD a few times before. I'm absolutely certain we will never ever see Edwards at LWB. Has KM said it's a possibility?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Morsy replacement? on 13:35 - Jan 27 with 966 viewstextbackup

Absolutely no doubt!

Plus, that means the Egyptian king has a Tunisian Prince filling in for him

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Morsy replacement? on 13:38 - Jan 27 with 934 viewsFrimleyBlue

Morsy replacement? on 13:08 - Jan 27 by BiGDonnie

I've seen this mentioned on TWTD a few times before. I'm absolutely certain we will never ever see Edwards at LWB. Has KM said it's a possibility?

Never

Apart from Tuesday night when he said it was an option as Edwards played their for Westbrom.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Morsy replacement? on 13:40 - Jan 27 with 913 viewsNthQldITFC

Morsy replacement? on 13:38 - Jan 27 by FrimleyBlue

Never

Apart from Tuesday night when he said it was an option as Edwards played their for Westbrom.

...and that they've been working on it in training, I think.

Morsy replacement? on 13:41 - Jan 27 with 903 viewstractordownsouth

Agreed, he's the closest thing we have to Morsy. If he's not available, Bakinson is the next best fit.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Morsy replacement? on 13:43 - Jan 27 with 890 viewsFrimleyBlue

Morsy replacement? on 13:40 - Jan 27 by NthQldITFC

...and that they've been working on it in training, I think.

I think it could be the making of him. Absolutely I've shared thoughts on his end product. But he was always a great support getting back. Definitely is capable of doing the defensive parts of the role. Almost the perfect option.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Morsy replacement? on 13:44 - Jan 27 with 887 viewstractordownsouth

Morsy replacement? on 13:08 - Jan 27 by BiGDonnie

I think he'd be better suited to the LWB role than his natural position, given his poor end product and impressive defensive ability by wingers' standards.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Morsy replacement? on 13:46 - Jan 27 with 868 viewsBLUEBEAT

I didn’t see match last night, so have no idea if our new signing could fill the Morsy role.

A quick check of Bristol forums suggest he’s a pretty good player but doesn’t like a tackle, so based on this I think I would prefer El Miz starting. Though I do wonder what the manager thinks of him as hasn’t even been on bench during his tenure so far?

Poll: W or W

Morsy replacement? on 14:38 - Jan 27 with 738 viewsjayessess

Morsy replacement? on 13:46 - Jan 27 by BLUEBEAT

I didn’t see match last night, so have no idea if our new signing could fill the Morsy role.

A quick check of Bristol forums suggest he’s a pretty good player but doesn’t like a tackle, so based on this I think I would prefer El Miz starting. Though I do wonder what the manager thinks of him as hasn’t even been on bench during his tenure so far?

Neither midfielder on Tuesday was noticeably good at breaking up play or hoovering up second balls. El Mizouni's probably got both of them in that respect.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024