Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table 22:42 - Mar 8 with 3665 viewsGuthrum

Based on recent form, etc.

As one would expect, on an evening in which all the top teams who played won, little change. But we are still in a good position to benefit if the form of others drops.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 22:46 - Mar 8 with 3132 viewsdavblue

It’s looking like 79/80 points is going to be required to get in the play offs doesn’t it? Think that’s going to be a step too far for us with 9 left but let’s give it a go, it’s been a really impressive start by McKenna, hugely impressed with him.
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 22:50 - Mar 8 with 3049 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 22:54 - Mar 8 with 2998 viewsGlasgowBlue

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 22:46 - Mar 8 by davblue

It’s looking like 79/80 points is going to be required to get in the play offs doesn’t it? Think that’s going to be a step too far for us with 9 left but let’s give it a go, it’s been a really impressive start by McKenna, hugely impressed with him.

I thought Oxford were too far ahead of us by put we are now 6 behind and still to play them.

The next three games define our season.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 22:59 - Mar 8 with 2960 viewsdavblue

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 22:54 - Mar 8 by GlasgowBlue

I thought Oxford were too far ahead of us by put we are now 6 behind and still to play them.

Yeah if we could get 7 points and win the Oxford one we have a chance.
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 23:00 - Mar 8 with 2959 viewsGuthrum

Our performance in these tables is being dragged down by that too-recent run of three draws in four games. If we can put those behind us and mount a sustained run of mostly wins - especially taking points from our direct rivals - then the picture will change markedly.

It's notable that we haven't lost a game for over a month, conceding just one goal.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 23:02]

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 23:06 - Mar 8 with 2889 viewsPinewoodblue

Those three games keep us in the hunt if we pick up 6 points.

The games that will define our season will be the Easter games against Rotherham & Wigan. Pick up points in those games and last two scheduled games of the season become important. Win those and the play offs define our season.

Or put another way lets take it one game at a time, hopefully all the way to The Championship..

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 23:35 - Mar 8 with 2745 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 01:00 - Mar 9 with 2631 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

So we are currently on 59 points with nine games to go.

We end the season on 86 points. 4th then. Not bad given the rubbish start.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Login to get fewer ads

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 01:38 - Mar 9 with 2612 viewsKropotkin123

I think there is about a 0.1% chance Plymouth will make the top 6.

9 of their remaining 12 games are against teams in the top twelve. So considing they are in the top 12, that mean 9 out of a possible 11 teams.

They don't have a single game left against the bottom 9

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 05:56 - Mar 9 with 2489 viewsRyorry

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 23:00 - Mar 8 by Guthrum

Our performance in these tables is being dragged down by that too-recent run of three draws in four games. If we can put those behind us and mount a sustained run of mostly wins - especially taking points from our direct rivals - then the picture will change markedly.

It's notable that we haven't lost a game for over a month, conceding just one goal.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 23:02]

"It's notable that we haven't lost a game for over a month, conceding just one goal."

Sssshhhhhhh ..!

I don't study or remember stats, but off top of my head I can't recall such a bunching up at top of the table in either L1 or Champ, with such a high no. of pts being required just to get in top 6 🤔

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 08:04 - Mar 9 with 2303 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Shows how quickly things can change, as last week Bolton were 6th place, now they look out of the race.
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 09:22 - Mar 9 with 2140 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Man, imagine if Sunderland do finish 11th. What a drop off in form, from them.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 09:51 - Mar 9 with 2099 viewsdirtyboy

Incredible that we still have a sniff isn't it?

I still think it's too much, every single team above us are still beating teams and we've got to continue beating teams with no slip ups ourselves to have a chance, plus Portsmouth are on fire.

Just enjoying the journey right now, nothing more, nothing less.

Watching us play last night (first half) was so enjoyable and such good quality.
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 09:55 - Mar 9 with 2084 viewsGeoffSentence

Come on Guthers, you can do better than that. Have a little rethink.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 10:00 - Mar 9 with 2065 viewsdirtyboy

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 09:55 - Mar 9 by GeoffSentence

Come on Guthers, you can do better than that. Have a little rethink.

I've just used the league calculator and don't think it'll be far off.

I also think Sunderland will have a turnaround and get back in, their run in isn't too bad.

We'll finish on 76 but not make top 6.

But hey...it's football!
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 10:11 - Mar 9 with 2031 viewsGuthrum

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 05:56 - Mar 9 by Ryorry

"It's notable that we haven't lost a game for over a month, conceding just one goal."

Sssshhhhhhh ..!

I don't study or remember stats, but off top of my head I can't recall such a bunching up at top of the table in either L1 or Champ, with such a high no. of pts being required just to get in top 6 🤔

Will be interesting to see if that tightening continues right to the end of the season, or if any of those clubs implode under the pressure. Espescially the teams with one or two extra games to fit in.

After this weekend on 10:58 - Mar 9 with 1967 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Big weekend at the top with several teams playing each other. There is a possible (but unlikely) scenario where we could be in the top 6 on Saturday evening. If Wigan beat MKD, Bolton beat Plymouth, Camb beat Sheff W, Sunderland lose to Crewe, Oxford lose to Shrewsbury and Rotherham beat Wycombe, we would be 6th on 62 pts above Plymouth on goal difference.

Not going to do that as an accumulator as it's a highly unlikely scenario but you could see a few of those results happening and if we get past Portsmouth we really could be within touching distance.
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 14:57 - Mar 9 with 1828 viewsCrockerITFC

Breaking my heart Guthers :(
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 14:59 - Mar 9 with 1824 viewsitfcsuth

I think that is pretty much how the table will stand. Still think we will fall short by about 3 points.

I think Sunderland will finish higher than 11th though.
After this weekend on 00:15 - Mar 10 with 1689 viewsKropotkin123

After this weekend on 10:58 - Mar 9 by C_Jam_Blue

Big weekend at the top with several teams playing each other. There is a possible (but unlikely) scenario where we could be in the top 6 on Saturday evening. If Wigan beat MKD, Bolton beat Plymouth, Camb beat Sheff W, Sunderland lose to Crewe, Oxford lose to Shrewsbury and Rotherham beat Wycombe, we would be 6th on 62 pts above Plymouth on goal difference.

Not going to do that as an accumulator as it's a highly unlikely scenario but you could see a few of those results happening and if we get past Portsmouth we really could be within touching distance.

Wigan v MK, Sunderland v Crewe and Oxford v Shrewsbury have no bearing on us getting into sixth, if the other results mentioned go our way.

Cambridge beating Sheff Wed seems unlikely, but fingers crossed.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 00:17 - Mar 10 with 1682 viewsBouncebackIpswich

I think Portsmouth will take the final place rather than Plymouth. They are the danger team to Ipswich I think. I fancy them for a win this weekend sadly.

Think Ipswich will finish 7th, just a few points short, but will win the league next year and go up in style.
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 09:32 - Mar 10 with 1504 viewsmarcus1642

Makes for fascinating reading. The trouble with statistics is that it doesn't take the "human factor" into account.
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 10:15 - Mar 10 with 1437 viewsBLUEGOLD

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 00:17 - Mar 10 by BouncebackIpswich

I think Portsmouth will take the final place rather than Plymouth. They are the danger team to Ipswich I think. I fancy them for a win this weekend sadly.

Think Ipswich will finish 7th, just a few points short, but will win the league next year and go up in style.

Assuming Derby are in this Division next year, they will puss the league assuming they have a similar squad.

They’d be mid table without the points deductions.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2022 10:16]
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 11:26 - Mar 10 with 1372 viewsBouncebackIpswich

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 10:15 - Mar 10 by BLUEGOLD

Assuming Derby are in this Division next year, they will puss the league assuming they have a similar squad.

They’d be mid table without the points deductions.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2022 10:16]

Maybe so. I still think you'll go up automatically next year. And with any luck via the playoffs this year, just can't see it...
Guthrum's Estimated Final Table (n/t) on 11:41 - Mar 10 with 1344 viewsRyorry

Guthrum's Estimated Final Table on 11:26 - Mar 10 by BouncebackIpswich

Maybe so. I still think you'll go up automatically next year. And with any luck via the playoffs this year, just can't see it...

[Post edited 10 Mar 2022 12:06]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024