Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
But….but…..but……TWTD said…. 14:07 - Mar 11 with 2202 viewschicoazul

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 14:14 - Mar 11 with 1895 viewsVaughan8

Off point of the post but Twitter has annoying stopped non-logged in people from viewing much so can't read much.

Guessing its their tactic to get me signed up......!
But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 14:16 - Mar 11 with 1884 viewsclive_baker

What did TWTD say?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 14:18 - Mar 11 with 1858 viewsgiant_stow

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 14:14 - Mar 11 by Vaughan8

Off point of the post but Twitter has annoying stopped non-logged in people from viewing much so can't read much.

Agreed their new thing is annoying. I just signed up and promised myself not to get addicted or start posting.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 14:31 - Mar 11 with 1810 viewsIllinoisblue

The very worst kind of post.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 14:33 - Mar 11 with 1796 viewsSwansea_Blue

People just need to click 'log-in' then cancel on the x button top left of the login box. It lets you back in then without signing up. A pain in the butt to do it a few times for a long thread, but for the odd post it's fine.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 14:36]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 14:39 - Mar 11 with 1747 viewsBlueBadger

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 14:16 - Mar 11 by clive_baker

What did TWTD say?

'Shut up Chico, you tedious edgelord'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 14:43 - Mar 11 with 1735 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. I much prefer exploring Twitter “organically” to find out about stuff.

But just click to Log in then immediately the back button and you’re free to keep going. Annoying at first but it’s pretty automatic and unconscious now.

Pronouns: He/Him

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 14:55 - Mar 11 with 1668 viewsMattinLondon

What did TWTD say?

TWTD said that Pablo is better than Kuqi. Only a few idiots disagree.
Login to get fewer ads

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 14:56 - Mar 11 with 1671 viewsSwansea_Blue

Interesting to see, as a systematic analysis of excess deaths has been lacking. I've always assumed excess deaths would give more insights into the true impacts of Covid, as it removes the inconsistencies between how cases/deaths are measured & recorded between countries.

Our European ranking in absolute cases (2nd) and deaths (1st) is higher than for this excess death analysis. That probably suggests our testing and recording of deaths has been pretty accurate (or at least more accurate than for some other European countries, especially Italy). Personal experience of the testing side has been good - free LFTs, quick appointments for full tests. It's the track and trace that failed. We had some issues with incorrect batches of tests in certain labs (South West had a problem if I remember rightly), but over all the testing seems to have gone pretty well.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 15:09 - Mar 11 with 1604 viewsGlasgowBlue

But Johnson!

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 15:13 - Mar 11 with 1581 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 15:09 - Mar 11 by GlasgowBlue

But Johnson!

Not sure this report mentions creaming off public funds to your mates or parties.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 15:14]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 15:30 - Mar 11 with 1506 viewsMattinLondon

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 15:13 - Mar 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Not sure this report mentions creaming off public funds to your mates or parties.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 15:14]

Indeed, the Lancet doesn’t concern itself with blatant corruption.
But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 09:16 - Mar 12 with 1249 viewseireblue

What did TWTD say?

That New Zealand and other islands were doing a very good job at shutting things down.

Checks report.

Yep, TWTD was correct.
But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 12:08 - Mar 12 with 1121 viewsLeoMuff

We did have the highest death rates, until the nhs rolled out the vaccine before anyone else, and Europe caught up over the winter.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 17:43 - Mar 12 with 983 viewsArnoldMoorhen

So, let's get this straight...

The data shows that:

a) in spite of a huge head-start in the vaccination programme (and nobody can ascribe a partnership between Astro-Zeneca and Oxfod University to Boris Johnson, can they?)

and

b) being an island nation without huge land borders.

We funked it up and ended up middling.

Johnson could have put people before profit and done as Jacinda Ardern did in New Zealand, and would now be a hero. But he didn't and he isn't. He always grubs after the cash, no matter where it comes from, or who has tainted it.
But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 17:46 - Mar 12 with 958 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 14:31 - Mar 11 by Illinoisblue

The very worst kind of post.

Because it doesn't fit your BS SAGE narrative?
But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 17:46 - Mar 12 with 956 viewsArnoldMoorhen

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 15:09 - Mar 11 by GlasgowBlue

But Johnson!

Ooh! Someone's starting to think it's safe to edge out of their "secret Tory" closet!
But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 17:50 - Mar 12 with 919 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 17:43 - Mar 12 by ArnoldMoorhen

So, let's get this straight...

The data shows that:

a) in spite of a huge head-start in the vaccination programme (and nobody can ascribe a partnership between Astro-Zeneca and Oxfod University to Boris Johnson, can they?)

and

b) being an island nation without huge land borders.

We funked it up and ended up middling.

Johnson could have put people before profit and done as Jacinda Ardern did in New Zealand, and would now be a hero. But he didn't and he isn't. He always grubs after the cash, no matter where it comes from, or who has tainted it.

New Zealand still gets brought up with covid comparison huh? You lot are really quite stupid.
But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 17:52 - Mar 12 with 911 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What did TWTD say?

That scientists understand science far better than Chico picking out random social scientist reports that demonstrate how he thinks scientists don't understand science.

If Stokie was on here, he would engage and explain what lies behind the dramatic headline. However, I am not sure many of those who still post can be that bothered to continue to spend the time and energy on someone who has already decided he knows better.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 17:52 - Mar 12 with 903 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 17:52 - Mar 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

That scientists understand science far better than Chico picking out random social scientist reports that demonstrate how he thinks scientists don't understand science.

If Stokie was on here, he would engage and explain what lies behind the dramatic headline. However, I am not sure many of those who still post can be that bothered to continue to spend the time and energy on someone who has already decided he knows better.

You mean like the guys over at SAGE?
But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 17:54 - Mar 12 with 888 viewschicoazul

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 17:52 - Mar 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Please, tell me what else I think.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 18:07 - Mar 12 with 836 viewsArnoldMoorhen

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 17:50 - Mar 12 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

New Zealand still gets brought up with covid comparison huh? You lot are really quite stupid.

What, stupid to wish we had done the same as them and closed the airports immediately, and stupid to not have see people I know die of a preventable disease?

Stupid to be in the people before profits group?

Guilty as charged.

Now, about the two points I made in response to your post...
But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 18:16 - Mar 12 with 805 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 18:07 - Mar 12 by ArnoldMoorhen

What, stupid to wish we had done the same as them and closed the airports immediately, and stupid to not have see people I know die of a preventable disease?

Stupid to be in the people before profits group?

Guilty as charged.

Now, about the two points I made in response to your post...

Travel bans stopping covid is one of most ridiculous takes out there.

If you think covid and community spread weren't in densely populated England before March 11th 2020 I can't really help you. It's why you have seen similar results in populated western countries with vastly different policies.
But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 18:24 - Mar 12 with 755 viewsBABLUE

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 17:46 - Mar 12 by ArnoldMoorhen

Ooh! Someone's starting to think it's safe to edge out of their "secret Tory" closet!

He’s not a secret Tory at all.

He’s the worst kind, that has fooled quite a few on here too.

A proper bellend
But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 18:31 - Mar 12 with 721 viewsArnoldMoorhen

But….but…..but……TWTD said…. on 18:16 - Mar 12 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Travel bans stopping covid is one of most ridiculous takes out there.

If you think covid and community spread weren't in densely populated England before March 11th 2020 I can't really help you. It's why you have seen similar results in populated western countries with vastly different policies.

Not stupid, different.

If there were X number of clusters of cases in the UK in March 2020, but an additional X came into the UK eg every 3 days through ports and airports, then the number of clusters, and therefore prevalence and spread, would have been greatly reduced if those additional cases had not entered the country. We would always have been further back in the curve at any given point.

As the rationale behind the lockdown was not overwhelming the NHS, then any shift down the curve would have helped with that, and less people would have died.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024